Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

RandomFerret posted:

Oh come on, Poncho. Uber would have been cheaper and you get a better ride.

I guess even poncho has limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

EasyEW posted:

Rip Haywire

The optimal solution here is clearly bigamy.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I know at least one girl I went to school with was named Fanny.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

gently caress you for making me side with Gunther

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

My Lovely Horse posted:

Progressive for its time, indeed.

I've had the impression the US nowadays is more pro-capitalist/business today than it was back then.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

"You can claim her." It's 2016, Bernice, what the gently caress.

He has to scent mark her so the other males know she's his.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

In which direction?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I've not followed rip haywire that closely but who is this kid that looks like rip junior? Are they related? This has nothing todo with the catpocalypse and the never born baby right?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Wanamingo posted:

Pluggers

You can do better, kangaroo lady :sever:

Maybe I'm a plugger but is it romantic to waste money, does it mean more that you paid more? Do you express love in dollars?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

This depiction of the moomins, or moomin mama in particular isn't how I'm used to her to be honest. She's always been portrayed as a hard working housekeeper who has the answers to everything from food to illnesses.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Dick move, not calling the kid by the name he prefers. It's even a variation of his given name; it's not like he's asking to be called Bonecrusher or Adolf or something. If everybody's been doing this to him all his life, no wonder he grew up hating people.

Please rename me to Adolf Bonecrusher

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

scrubs who can't read cursive!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Fat

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Tunicate posted:

So the black cowboy is named 'Big Ick'.

I believe it's short for Ichabod.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Julet Esqu posted:

Cyanide and Happiness is a webcomic but it gets to be here today because Stephan Pastis guest wrote this one.

That's my fetish!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Nenonen posted:

Ban WD from this thread immediately before they rape thread saints Tove Jansson and Jackel Rod!

I don't follow this very closely but are these artists actually drawing WD or is Zakour just aping their style and pretending? Because if this is a question of actual guest artists, then it cannot be sacrilege or anything like that.

If Zakour is doing this all himself then its just really, really sad and pathetic.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Man new york sucks

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Wanamingo posted:

If you can't afford to leave a good tip then you can't afford to eat out. loving suck it, Scott Adams from 26 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBTfj2lN6sQ

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Johnny Aztec posted:

Jam is made with bits of the fruit in it. So, it's a thicker, chunkier, jelly.

Jam is a bit runnier, jello sets up much firmer. Well store bought jam acts like jello, but I don't classify it as actual jam, more like industrial byproduct.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Well he has the staff or wand or whatever so presumably he's going to open a can of whopass on him?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

CommaToes posted:

I think it'd be hilarious if Rex Morgan MD turned into misfortune after misfortune.

Until they're in the baituk universe.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

My Lovely Horse posted:

Okay, so it's low hanging fruit.

That's exactly what I read at first glance

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

ignorant americans! raaa!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

wow there's mämmi ice cream nowadays?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I had to google the backstory to that
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/human-excrement-found-in-free-gelato/2008/10/25/1224351608023.html

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Hell I'd eat mämmi for 200k too

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

RandomFerret posted:

It's funny, I had never heard of Ballard Street before I starting posting in these threads. I came in at the tail end of one, and I read through the first 300 pages first, where I fell in love with this weird one-panel that nobody seemed to understand. By the time I got to the end of the thread, the person who had been posting them had stopped, so I picked it up. I originally just came here to post Pooch Café.

You know he's just a dog, just take the rifle man... just do it...

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

What a buncha cunts

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

I don't know that you should be so smiley, MJ. I know you're probably thinking, "The enemy of my enemy...", but this guy's MO as far as we've been told is to kick the poo poo out of everybody. Besides, he has no reason to think you're not allied with Green Wizard Guy anyway.

Besides, given how easily he handled him the first time... why would a rematch be any different?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Simian_Prime posted:

I can't really summon too much hate for Tinkersons. It's just one of dozens of the same bland, zero-effort, family slice-of-life strips that infest comics sections today, like Stone Soup or Grand Avenue.

Not to say that it's good, it's just not outwardly cancerous like Intelligent Life or Piranah Club. It's like the comics equivalent of a skin tag. It's the concept of "apathy" manifested into comic form.

I have to say I hate the tinkersons far more than even intelligent life.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Does Judge Parker have his own airplane? Or that pauper Rex Morgan? I didn't think so. :smuggo:

Ewww, this means she's one of those chinese nouveau riche people.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

We went to moomin world today (in Turku, Finland), figured some posters in this thread might find it relevant:

I don't understand what was up with cop girl next to snufkin, obviously she was supposed to be the hemulen police officer but maybe the suit was out for dry cleaning or something, she later arrested Stinky for some reason. It was hellishly hot by finnish standards (25C>). The moomin house was really huge and cool, 4 floors all in all.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

It's crazy how much better this is than the original. Somebody should send it to this Pentu Arla guy.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

SynthOrange posted:

Rip all those judge parker people

gently caress'em

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

EasyEW posted:

Some Rando Fighting The Inevitable (Otherwise Known As Crankshaft)

Those looked like tiny gravestones to me at first.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Slammy posted:

True North

I've actually had this problem now and then.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I've never seen this happen and in Finland we've basically stopped using cash outside private to private transactions. What I have seen are old people paying with cash and noticing it takes noticeably longer for them to get their payment done.

Hell for things under €25 I can just hold the card against the reader until 3 blue lights light up and it beeps. Automatic payment done.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Mercury Hat posted:

In the US they've just started rolling out chip and pin debit cards to major retailers. We're way behind Europe in both technology and infrastructure that it takes a good 5-10 seconds for each step of the process to go through. So the reader asks you to insert your card, then wait, then asks if you want cash back, then wait, then verify the amount is correct, then wait, then enter your PIN, then wait, then remove your card. Compounding the issue is some stores might ask questions in a different order or skip the cash back option or throw new questions at you like asking if you want to donate to a charity or something, so for people unused to them it's easy to yank your card out too soon.

Unrelated to our laughable banking systems, how old are these Go Comics posters? You won't have the widest selection, but there's wedding gowns out there under $200 that aren't flour sacks or Carol Burnett's Gone With the Wind dress.

That used to be an issue and there are still slight variations, but they basically always say when it's OK to remove cards and they just keep removing steps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Mr. Yuan is going to be waiting a very long time for that to happen.

Bà? Is that chinese because that sounds a lot like vietnamese.

• Locked thread