Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

Enough.

The next person to post Jouta dies.

what about smalljouta

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Imagine 36 Kars stuck on the moon.

Time works the same way.

"The 36 Kars on Mars" would be a hell of a band name

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's funny that we had a dude complain about moe anime when the 80s gore ova thread is right next door.

This used to be 80's gore

Now it's 90's gore

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Why would you post about that

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm gonna guess Good Riddance by Green Day, but I feel like it has to be something from around 91-92 so it's probably way off.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwxUEFFbFtI

This one is a better edited meme sync.

I'm sorry but this is canon for me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm watching this episode with a couple of friends tonight

One of them really hates violence against animals but especially dogs

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

El Hefe posted:

anyone else here likes Jojo?

I like 11/16ths of JoJo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

the ova was totally great and perfect captured stardust crusaders

*ova actually slices out more than 3/4ths of the entire thing and makes baffling changes to the plot to make it fit*

perfect

The one place it actually improved was Polnareff stabbing Dio through the eye right before he was about to decapitate Jotaro.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

if there's less people it's probably because:

a) some of them only cared to watch the first 3 parts, which is the main reason why the anime was made in the first place

b) they don't much care for the direction that later parts go in for some unfathomable reason

it's not because:

c) posters are occasionally jokingly around and saying that people should read the manga, which has been around since the anime has been a thing

I've read the whole thing and I'm still jumping off at part 5

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

There is not a personal ranking to make but Part 4 rises and falls in terms of insane bullshit

All you need to know is when you see the title "Highway Star" you should be ready for the best thing in Part 4 to happen

There are at least 3 other candidates for the best thing in Part 4

This isn't the place to have that argument though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3wHKgTMiwk

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Raserys posted:

I miss your old av

Yo, Angelo!

I miss it too, it had a profound influence on my posting I feel

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Random aside, what's up with all the Lum avatars suddenly popping up all over the place?

A masked marauder prowls ADTRW, handing out avatars to the weak and the innocent

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

The worst part about this one is that five seconds on Jisho will give you a really great translation for "a nickname for a stupid guy"

"The Fool" was already taken though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'm obsessed with Roundabout right now, what's happening to me?

This is a normal symptom of JoJos.

However, it will not pass.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

loving Dio Brando possessed the gardeners and made them cut my network cable, keeping me from getting on Crunchyroll. This is the worst Friday ever :saddowns:

How are you posting this

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

yeah I love watching visually interesting TV shows on a tiny phone screen

Unless you're inches from whatever monitor you'd use I don't see there being much difference?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
This was probably what'll be the worst episode of the series or close to.

And it's still good. :D

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Housh posted:

I think what triggered this thought were the dollar and yen signs on the Nijimura brothers combined with the father's story but that could be universal and timeless. Also, the Western flags on Tamami's his shirt combined with his stand's ability to extort money out of people but when I think about it that's the kind of gaudy poo poo people wear in Japan.

It's about community

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Baal posted:

Jotaro probably calls his mom every day in part 4 to tell him how he's doing and what new fish he studied

I'm very happy for Holland

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

I can't stop staring at The Hand's crotch. This is wrong.

For how long have you been under the impression the hand was the only thing that could draw you in

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Count Uvula posted:

I finally watched the ending of Stardust Crusaders in anime form... I don't remember it being so funny in manga format :stare:

It's pretty much a giant deadly prank war! Why the gently caress did Jotaro 'teleport' in to the manhole just to mess with Dio?

testing his time stop

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The arc after this was where I fell head over heels for DiU.

Was it really a pearl of an arc?

gently caress, I can't remember the order of DiU at all

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

/co/ and their dumb memes are alright every once in a while

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can Bad Seafood either close the thread or stipulate discussion only be on the sickest meals and exchange of the best recipes for the next 24 hours?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

New OP song coming soon it seems!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45r9Ah5sk8M

This is the band doing it

e:
OST is coming out same day too.

Yesssss that OP looks and sounds like it's gonna be a gureito fit

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CJ posted:

Literally too cheap to draw inbetweens so there's a wipe transition to the same shot.

Go eat some spaghetti

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The music this week is on point

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I thought it was weird that Hazamada, who has no problem gouging people's eyes out, would be so squeamish over a spider.

I'd forgotten Rohan talking about how insecure he was about whether people would keep reading his manga.

Hazamada didn't just have the blood beaten out of him, he had some good beaten into him

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The puppy was in no risk and thinking otherwise completely misses a large point of the chapter

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think the new OP is really good

Part 4 is peak shonen for JoJos and this is a really great shonen OP

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Yeah Duwang is actually a good translation of Japanese, but poor English grammar. It improves as it goes on too, so the last volume of Part 4 is practically totally fine

That one line had better be word for loving word

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ratt was one of my favorite arcs in the whole part and I'm sad the episode didn't quite match up to the manga.

What a loving cool stand though and I love the sniper fight.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

The thing I really like about this fight is how it kinda throws all notion of power levels mattering in Jojo out the window. Jotaro's no slouch. He's defeated tons of stand users, incluing Dio Brando himself. His stand's super strong and super fast and super precise and can even stop time, yet here he is being cornered by a couple of rats with an ability uniquely suited to ruining his day. Without Josuke's help he'd be a goner.

Even if you wanna say it's been a few years and he's lost his edge, there's still no other series I can think of that would take a formerly aces super cool badass fighter guy still mostly in his prime and match him up against a rodent and have him effectively lose.

I wonder if DIO and Kars could regenerate from the melting and hardening.

If they couldn't, they'd probably get trashed just as hard as Jotaro did.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
One thing the OVA actually did improve on over the manga was having Polnareff ambush DIO right after Jotaro did his heart trick.

It didn't at all invalidate what Jotaro did and it made Polnareff contribute to the fight by buying a chance for Jotaro to deliver the blow to DIO's head, and if there was one non-racecar thing I wish the anime kept from the OVA it was that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I figure the best way to finish Diamond is Unbreakable is with the anime and then to start reading from Part 5 when it ends!

That was close!

I strongly recommend you take a few months break between Parts 4 and 5, and if not then between Parts 5 and 6.

A break somewhere in there is probably a good idea.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

So, this is where Part 4 finally develops a plot, huh

Pretty much, the fun misadventures aren't going anywhere though, those are still here to stay

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spermando posted:

I think you got this totally backwards. The translation makes his way of speaking more consistent (in Japanese he swings between well-educated guy and generic anime thug) and the VA makes him sound way more feminine and distinct than most bad guy voices. The translation also made him sound more unique instead of just repeating generic stuff like "Weak! Weak!"

Dio is an anime thug that really really wants to pretend he's well-educated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I get the feeling Dio/DIO is too self-absorbed to be compatible enough with Rohan for Heaven's Door to work on him.

He was also King Chicken in Duckman.

There's also the story of Orpheus from Greek mythology. Long story short, Orpheus traveled to the Underworld and begged Hades, God of the Dead, to return Orpheus's wife to life. Hades agreed, but stipulated that as the two of them returned to the land of the living, Orpheus was forbidden to look back to see if his wife's soul was really following him. Poor guy turned around right before they got out and his wife was forced to return to the Underworld.

There's something similar with Izanagi and Izanami, isn't there?

• Locked thread