Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Phylodox posted:

I’m trying to think of who could play Norman Osborne and my mind keeps circling...Walton Goggins, maybe?

Nicolas Cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
e: ^^^ Just like the actual comic!

Pigbuster posted:

Oh man, just remembered one of my favorite things: the turing-machine supercomputer. God drat that reveal was incredible, and it's such a wonderfully pulpy concept.

Are you talking about Zola? That's still one of the best pieces of production design in the entire MCU.

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 22, 2018

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Samuringa posted:

I meant even after everything is dealt and settled. The F4 well is beyond poisoned.

Then do a Future Foundation movie where the villain, Mole Man, gets chumped in the second act, and the real villain, the Maker is revealed, along with a fully evil (mind-controlled by nanomachines?) Fantastic Four from the 1960s. You could gender and race flip the protaganist FF, with a black Mrs. Fantastic (never understood why he wasn't called Dr. Fantastic) and Invisible Man, a Muslim Thing, and just keep MBJ as the Human Torch. (BTW, what do they call him in the UK?)

In the end they defeat Maker and save the original Sue Storm, Ben Grimm, and maybe Johnny has to sacrifice himself or something, for that badass supernova moment.

IDK, just spitballing here. Not gonna post my pitch for an X-Men reboot.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Soul Glo posted:

i could see matt damon as curt connors or doc ock

I was thinking Chameleon, or maybe Smythe. They've never done him in the movies, right?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Aphrodite posted:

Ed Norton is a whiny impossible to work with douchebag.

In what capacity have you worked with Mr. Norton?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Autism Sneaks posted:

Avengers dead pool ITT

Mantis

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

achillesforever6 posted:

I could see Drax dying too

I would cry.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Jamesman posted:

Since Mads got used in Doctor Strange, my backup actor is Javier Bardem. Or they could just use Mads again, it's not like people will go "Hey! That's Kaecilius!"

Also I know I've campaigned for Freddie Prinze Jr and Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Reed and Sue, but that's not gonna happen so I'll change my casting to Oscar Isaac and Evan Rachel Wood.

Cole Sprouse can be Johnny. I can't think of anyone sufficiently New York enough to play Thing though, so help me out.

Paul Giamatti

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

twistedmentat posted:

You know, having superheroes that are monarchs of the sea being of Pacific Islander heritage seems right.

Wrong ocean dude. Namor should be West Indian.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Rhyno posted:

Welp. Some rear end in a top hat is spoiling IW the same way Solo's death was spoiled in TFA.

Thanks for the warning. Time to log off

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
So,
who all is still alive? Stark, Nebula, Cap, Widow, Banner, Thor, Rocket, War Machine, Okoye... Shuri?
Hawkeye? Ant-Man & Wasp? Maybe Vision somehow?
Am I missing anyone?

Interesting that all of the original 6 are left, if Hawkeye is alive.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Arist posted:

No loving way Scott didn't make it. I will riot.

Make way for Bill Foster, Giant Man

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Rhyno posted:

This wasn't a thing yet so I will continue to blame Whedon for his bullshit.

I think with this one it's more a case of the broken clock being right.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

WHOOPS posted:

Sam Rockwell was wasted in the sense that he should be in more Marvel movies.

My big hope for IW part 2 is that whatever they do to bring everyone back also somehow brings some of the Phase 1&2 villains back. It would be so sick to have a full-blown Masters of Evil on the table for Phase 3 or 4 or whatever they're on now. Just imagine Zemo and Killmonger leading Abomination, Yellowjacket, Whiplash, Vulture, Extremis guy, Crossbones, et al., based out of Arnim Zola's secret base from WS. What better way for the New Avengers to cut their teeth? Hell, if there's Infinity Stone fuckery going on, they could even bring Red Skull back somehow. That would be a great way to tackle the IRL nazi resurgence.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

rantmo posted:

Michael Peña continues to steal every frame he's in.

Well he does play a thief :v:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

X-O posted:

For me,

1. Infinity War
2. Captain America Winter Soldier
3. Captain America Civil War
4. Spider-Man Homecoming
5. Captain America The First Avenger
6. Black Panther
7. Thor Ragnarok
8. Doctor Strange
9. Ant-Man
10. Guardians of the Galaxy
11. Avengers
12. Thor
13. Avengers Age of Ultron
14. Iron Man
15. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
16. Incredible Hulk
17. Iron Man 3
18. Iron Man 2
19. Thor The Dark World

When was the last time you watched IM3? Because there's no way it ranks below Thor 1 or 2, or AoU. It's vastly underrated IMO.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Is there anywhere to pre-order Blu-rays at a discount, like how amazon and bestbuy do with games?

Avenge me

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
What's the deal with the She-Hulk license? I feel like there are a lot of great actors out there rn who could nail the part

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
My pick for Jen Walters/She-Hulk is Rashida Jones.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Rhyno posted:

My "We had a date" ending for Steve is still better than anything I have heard suggested.

I agree. It's pretty drat good tbh

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I thought Doom was Latverian.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

BrianWilly posted:

So, speaking of which.
https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/1006884175532740608
How will it fit into continuity considering present day Diana was still moping about him in WW and in JL? Well. Y'know. It's really quite simple because what happens is [train rolls by in background, drowning out sounds]

Also, this I guess.
https://twitter.com/GalGadot/status/1006887729618194432

Looks like there is indeed some big brother theme going on. Do we know anything about the plot? I know I saw something about Cheetah, but I think it's a great opportunity for them to introduce OMAC.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dan Didio posted:

A 'big brother' theme? Because she's looking at some screens? It's a promo shot to stress that this is the eighties. If it were set in the nineties she'd be on a skateboard, with a walkman and a nirvana cd.

The movie is specifically set in 1984 and the image is not just "some screens", it is clearly evocative of surveillance monitors. Not really a huge logical leap. It would also be a natural follow-up to the war themes of the first movie.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'd love a Thunderbolts movie with Zemo putting together a team of not-too-far-gone criminals for an MCU Suicide Squad, including Vulture and Ghost. Hell, stick Hawkeye or Ant-Man in there as the field leader to keep them on the straight and narrow, or better yet, Jimmy Woo!

SonicRulez posted:

I forgot we have Scorpion to look forward to. I also forgot that 2/3 Cap films have other Avengers as the primary antagonists, so they're all out. Did the Mandarin survive Iron Man 3?

Batroc the fuckin Leaper

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

twistedmentat posted:

I only just saw the Venom trailer today and it feels like a movie that should have come out in the early 2000s to try to catch that Blade success.

All that nu goth crap is cool again.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

The actor who played Han couldn't even get his line "would that it were so simple" out. They had to change it to "it's complicated"

That seems like a change that makes sense for the character. Good actors and directors do that all the time.

VVV edit: yes, I should.

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 9, 2018

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

He should not work with children, full stop, and all the films he were put in were with children. If you want to do his a solid get him a job at manufacturing plant or something

was that guy *checks IMDb*, the "Annoyed Mandarin Guard", in any scenes with the kid? I don't think so Tim. So, logically, he would not have been on set at the same time as the kid.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Maybe all those BG shouldn’t have drank so much water/coffee/LaCroix

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I've heard the director is great but never seen any of her work.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Whoever said a Michael Bay Gambit movie is a bad idea is hosed in the head.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Lurdiak posted:

I hope they finally cast Brock Lesnar as Gavok.

I've always preferred HHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Zzulu posted:

Daredevil was good

Luke Cage was bad. Fistman was bad. JJ was bad (except kilgrave)

Punisher was... OK

Thanks for this thoughtful analysis. Your unique insight is truly a boon to this forum.

• Locked thread