Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Whip Slagcheek posted:

What would we even do with him? We just gave Robin Lopez a ton of money and Porzingis is the future of the franchise. So you're either shoving Lopez onto the bench and setting a torch to that money or you're stunting the growth of the future.

Terry Glenn posted:

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/745696405860270081

here's the news, the views belong to you my friends

Issue resolved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Derrick Rose's career is one of the NBA's great tragedies. Every new development saddens me.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Knicks will sign Dwight and he'll be sluggish getting out of the way on a Rose drive to the basket and Rose will shatter to dust again. Just wait.
2010-11 Dream Team!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dinosaurs! posted:

This Cavs rally is awful. No one wants to hear the owners congratulate themselves.
Gilbert is a terrible speaker.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
The Olympics kick rear end.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Ike Diogu was one of the high draft picks from the Warriors Dark Age. He wasn't that bad but he did not last long.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Niwrad posted:

I feel like this guy played at Wichita State for 8 years.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/746197447827808256
The rhyming man's Thon Maker

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Remember when Noah got MVP talk? That was 2 years ago. Jesus.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

zoux posted:

TJ Ford sigh...

Also in this context is "snow" supposed to be a euphemism for white girls?
I think so.

I remember when TJ Ford was supposed to be the saviour of the PG position.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

peer posted:

Is Marshall, Mason and Miles the trio of whitest names in NBA history?
Definitely not Marshall.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

EvanTH posted:

There are 4 Knicks on the Cavs championship team we're all the same thing now.
Plus LeBron's gonna sign there.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I hope the Sixers field a real team this year.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Is there anyone in the NBA whose wingspan is roughly their height? Love and Griffin maybe? I feel like it's become a league of Tayshaun Princes.
In general people's wingspans are a little longer than their heights (esp. without shoes), so a bit of a gap is expected. Jabari's measurements are pretty similar to Love and Griffin. I think Olynyk's is less than his height but I don't know who else.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Brook Lopez/Kevin Love/Haywardd/JJ Redick/JJ Barea

Best all white starting 5 I could put together

What happened to all the white PGs?
White people lack the necessary craftiness and creativity to be point guards.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Chris Bosh isn't going to die.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

What does Bosh have left to prove anyway? 2 Rings, 11 All-star, A Gold Medal and holds a bunch of franchise records for the Raptors. He's had a way better career than most.
Well his contract is for 20 something million a year, so it's not just about proving stuff. I don't care how much money you have, 20 million will keep anyone coming back for more.

And you could say that he could prove himself as one of the best in the association instead of the guy on the Heat who isn't LeBron or Wade. I don't know if he thinks that way but he is hyper competitive, it's something that he's gotten slagged on numerous times and it would be a much different accomplishment regardless of how likely or unlikely it is.

He probably also likes basketball, and I can't blame him. Love it myself and I'M paying THEM to watch it!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I'm calling it right now, Chris Bosh. It'll be the beginning of July 2017 and Chris Bosh will be alive. He won't even have a masseuse die while massaging him, that's how alive he'll be.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Harden won the 6th man award almost unanimously I'm pretty sure everyone thought he was really good.
People thought Harden was good but no one cares even a little bit about the 6th man award.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I've stood back to back with Thom and he's 6'2" at most.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Said nobody, ever.
It's correct though? They barely lost Game 7 so even a very minor difference could have swung the game, and Bogut was way better than Varejao and Ezeli who both got creamed that day. Bogut played well in the playoffs until he got hurt.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I remember when he was the next LeBron. Imagine how doped up you'd have to be to continually fail the NBA's program.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Was Mayo considered a superstar prospect at the front of his career? I feel like I seen folks call him the "greatest high school player of all time" but eh not a great memory on me
Definitely as a high schooler. Didn't have a ~great~ showing in college but still went 3rd in a good draft year.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

is mozgov going to start
Yeah.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

good unions are a hell of a thing, imagine if us regular joes had those.
NBPA isn't great either. NFLPA is a total push over, though.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Spacebump posted:

We haven't reached peak offseason until Dirk leaves the Mavs.
Dirk to Miami, Wade to Dallas

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

chunkles posted:

Patty Mills is ripped out of his mind
He's using steroids IMO.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
If you had to rank the PGs by their play last year, where would Conley rank?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Horford goes to GS/OKC/SA and that swings the West.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Wade leaving Miami is dumb.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

euphronius posted:

Rose wade melo Zingis Noah

So much for developing Zing hahah.
Jesus.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Did Chris Paul have some laundry to do?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I feel like Ingram's going to be a bit blocked with Deng there now.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
ESPN reporter with sense of humor seldom revealed on TV, fan of country music because that's the genre of poets and storytellers.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

One thing I've learned over that past two days is how lovely NFL salaries are. Talented kids: baseball or basketball. That's it. Less head trauma, too.
I don't think there are many people who are really choosing between the two in that way. The main basketball guys who succeeded in football aren't guys who had NBA careers waiting for them.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Al Horford to Boston breaking on ESPN
Seems like a waste of him.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

hitze posted:

Well what are ya gonna do Wizards
They're gonna suck poo poo!!!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

?? Evan Turner just got a 70 million dollar contract because the celtics have a coach that can utilize anybody
I mean that he goes to one of the contender's and they're automatically the title favourites.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Toronto not doing so well :(
Besides DeRozan I don't think they were linked to anyone who's signed (anyone at all?), nor is it especially surprising.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

ESPN News just said two hundred billion dollars worth of contracts have been dished out over the last two days. I don't think the league has become quite that ridiculous

yet
Quickly adding up all the free agent tracker listed ones has it at $2.2 billion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Boosted_C5 posted:

Just 2 shorts weeks ago I thought the Warriors' reign of terror had ended. The smugness, the annoying fans, gone forever from my life.

But now we face a new nightmare even more terrible than the first.

Spare us basketball Gods.
The Warriors are good sized title favourites without Durant. Don't know why you'd think we'd be rid of them.

• Locked thread