Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Malkof posted:

So I married a raging manchild:

My husband [32] got so angry yesterday he smashed his monitor. I [25F] don't know how to deal with his behaviour.

Someone post stop getting mad at video games frog please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Gluten Freeman posted:

Anyway, here's a nice story of a bunch of terrible, terrible people:

"this person me and my friend went out of our way to befriend keeps hanging around me for some reason!! what a nerd!!"

Holy gently caress, I want to give this girl a hug. =( That poo poo can cause actual harm to people, massive trust issues, paranoia, etc. I hope one or more of them end up punched in the teeth when they try to "apologize".

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

We support two kids + us on $45k in central Texas, and I buy strawberries out of season because my 5-year-old hates all other fruit except apples, and I'll be goddamned if the boy isn't gonna eat some loving fruit every day. Also even out of season they're like $2 right now, wtf are these people whining about

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Coucho Marx posted:

Light Load and Heavy Load. Don't date outside your weight class, people!

Low Libido, High Libido

jesus christ I'm autistic and I categorize poo poo less than these people. Why is it absolutely necessary for everything to have a specific label and be shoved into exactly the right little box so that everyone has some special term to call themselves? I guess I answered my own question though.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Am I supposed to settle?

just wait till this dude turns his monitor off and discovers the love of his life

As we used to say in the sweaty-nerd-heavy gaming business, single/sane/attractive, pick two

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

500 posts behind but oh well. This seems more like britain fan fiction than real but it made me laugh.

I [15M] am being well upstaged by my mate from school Declan [15M] and my mum [45F] isn't helping me to get revenge

Is this incredibly Irish (from the name, I'd guess) or incredibly chav because I genuinely can't tell

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Bubblyblubber posted:

Me [1Aphid] with my gf/herder [2European Yellow Meadow Ant], her constant milking of my alimentary canal terminations with her rough antennae are making me rethink our mutualistic relationship

surprised that this was not a Pick post

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

As an autistic person with an autistic kid (both high functioning) I was absolutely pro vax to start with but Jenny McCarthy made me an angry pro vaxxer

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

I despise this person on new and exciting levels

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

I've had a dick for 30 years and I'm going to be honest I've always preferred excreting my waste into a toilet unless it was absolutely not possible (e.g. cod fishing, field work).

My family would have deck parties all the time and myself and my grandfather are about the only two guys who'd take the effort to remove their shoes and walk 10 feet to the bathroom instead of walking 100 feet to the bushes in the back of the yard.

my stepdad taught both my sons to pee off his porch by the time they were four

we don't have a porch at home, but I'm pretty sure the oldest still pees off of/on things occasionally, he's 17 and an eagle scout so it's almost a given

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

Had sex dream about adopted brother; therapist thinks I'm in love with him

uh

esplain youself, Lucy

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Nessa posted:

Nah, I don't think so. I'm 29 and just graduated from a 2 year program. Most of my classmates thought I was their age, 19-20. I've always looked younger than my age.

Some folks just look a little young is all.

I'm 36 and get 25-29 constantly, it's a blessing and a curse. I have trouble nailing down ages on people though, because I look younger and my kids all look bigger/older than they are, so my perspective on what certain ages "look like" is a bit warped

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

lol if you're concerned about the moral lessons Daniel Tiger is shoving in kids' faces

oh no, go potty when you need to, such a terrible thing to reinforce to a 3-year-old with a short, catchy tune and Mr. Rogers' blessing

be nice to people
if you get mad, find a way to calm yourself down instead of yelling at your friends
don't try to build a beach with real sand in your living room

all lessons we should certainly be wary of in these troubled times

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

My former best friend was one of those late-20s women obsessed with A Fault In Our Stars and True Blood and Twilight, I have no idea if she read this one but it would be right up her alley. Never trust those people.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

There's a difference between normal "barking at a squirrel sometimes" and nonstop barking at all times because the dog has a lovely owner that leaves it outside all day. One is considerably more of a problem than the other

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

new phone who dis posted:

Yeah, I have a script for the absolute smallest amount and I only use it when I feel an attack coming on. There's a supervisor at work who's taking something like 2.5mg a day and has been doing it for like 10 years. He would probably die if he stopped.

A coworker/friend of mine is probably this kid in five years; he's 22 and on felony probation (for selling drugs) and it's a running slightly-morbid joke that "sober" means he's only on shitloads of kratom and klonopin, maybe a couple of beers. He's basically the poster child for "why you should probably not pop benzos/opioids like tic tacs". Pretty sure he'd be worse off if he stopped though, at least without some serious detox/rehab.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I have to cook for my cat and half the freezer is perpetually taken up by cat food.

I feel like this needs to be emphasized because what

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

I cannot help but giggle every time I think the phrase "load-bearing intern", it's in the none pizza with left beef category in my brain now

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

My boyfriend (22M) won't stop berating me (19F) because I voted for Obama and "Ruined History".

Yeah, it's pretty much what the title says. I was stupid enough to tell my boyfriend that I was happy Obama won and he has been harassing me about it nonstop since. We live together and I'm eight months pregnant with a little girl. Of COURSE I was going to vote for Obama, there's no way I'd want my child to live in an America where Romney could start stripping away women's rights, beginning a domino effect which would likely become a huge clusterfuck bringing the female population back to the 1800s by the time my daughter's old enough to need to worry about it.
He sadly voted for Romney... which was his right as a citizen and I don't really have a problem with. What I DO have a problem with is how he's reacting to his guy losing and the fact that he is being so disrespectful of me because I don't share the same political views as him. He won't even let me watch the news and grabbed the remote out of my hand, shut off the TV and told me that I could spend "all day watching liberal poo poo, just save it for when I'm not home". He told me he was going to deduct "presidential tax" from the allowance he gives me, laughing that "Obama will take care of your baby now, guess you and the baby don't need my money anymore!" (All of the money he gives me goes directly to my medical bills and GAS to keep my appointments. Being pregnant is not CHEAP!)
Before Obama won my boyfriend was talking about marriage and excited to have a child with me, now he wants me to "just give her up for adoption" and is talking about kicking me out of the apartment.
I don't know what to do anymore or what to say to him to get him to be more reasonable. Help?
TL;DR: Boyfriend can't stop complaining about Obama winning and doesn't want to help pay for my pregnancy anymore because I didn't vote for Romney like he did.

I would say :murder: but it's from four and a half years ago, so find out if the guy voted for Trump (he did) and then :murder:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (26f) fiance (28m) wants me to do a health checkup before we get married. How to feel about this?

She's a fine breeding mare, sir.

It was questionable with the first post, but the extra invasive tests and multiple day (?!?!) hospital stay move it into a brand new category of :redflag::siren::murder::siren::redflag:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i lost the bookmark of like THe Landmark SovCit Brief from canada, a brief so thorough and so good that it is cited in like every other case involving them, about how to identify and deal with a sovcit

its a fun read because like every third line the judge is like "this, obivously. was not how it worked"

Was it this one? https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

I'm torn on the drinking problem thing - on one hand my dad was one of those totally functional alcoholics that was never truly drunk but was never without a beer until he (completely unsurprisingly) died of cirrhosis, and my brother has a rapidly-growing drinking-alone-to-excess problem, but on the other hand I don't really see how 5-6 beers once a week ish is alcoholism, cause I've never in my life thought "drinking a six-pack on a Saturday" equates to "needs to go to AA".

The fact she won't or can't stop drinking (or maybe drink less) around her goober boyfriend to show she has the slightest bit of respect for him is more of a red flag to me than the amount. Hell, my husband doesn't really like that I smoke weed, and I don't like that he smokes cigs inside, but since we actually like...had a conversation about it, we came to the grownup conclusion that he really only minds if I'm smoking at home (not a legal state), but is perfectly okay with me hitting a joint after work with friends or whatever. In return I don't bitch about him smoking cigs in the house as long as he's got the window open and it doesn't smell like an ashtray in the living room.

COMMUNICATION GODDAMN

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Toastin' does a good job being a cuddleable for my wife because I move around way too much to offer my arm or something. Tbh I can't stand being immobilized even if I know I can get out.

She doesn't actually need it, it's just a shortcut to sleepy time.

I sleep with a 27-year-old stuffed bunny for much the same reason; my husband is super comfy but moves a lot in his sleep and is basically a space heater, so Bunny gets the cuddles (and helps my bad elbow keep from getting slept on)

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Haifisch posted:

My [32/F] husband [34/M] won't sell his embarrassingly old car [51/C]

A stick shift? :monocle: Bring me my fainting couch!

e:

Whoa, in the driveway? :aaaaa:

a) either she's exaggerating its age or this is a mid-60s Volvo, which are awesome and look really retro in the cool way on top of being made of solid steel, and b) wanna be friends with that husband, I love me an old Volvo :3:

mid-60s Volvo P1800:

TheKennedys fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 30, 2017

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

ThePeavstenator posted:

I'm inclined to believe that someone who insists that they just can't fall asleep before 2AM, it's impossible, might be a huge baby that's exaggerating. Also if you're going to make any noise that would be considered loud by banging a razor, you're going to break or damage it. Unless your definition of loud includes: opening/closing doors, clattering sliver/cookware, frying sounds, etc.

I can't sleep until 2am because I get home from work at 1am most nights, but if she's going to work at 11am I'm inclined to agree that perhaps she is a huge pissbaby and needs to fix her sleep schedule, because I doubt she's working 14-hour shifts and therefore can't use the "gently caress you, I close" excuse

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

WampaLord posted:

When I was 16, over the summer I banked up $3,000 by working at a call center. So it's not impossible for kids to have access to that kind of cash on their own.

Granted, I didn't go and blow 2/3rds of it on one purchase, but dumb teens gonna dumb teen.

My 17-year-old blew $2000 of his lifeguarding money last summer on Forge of Empires microtransactions, teenagers are dumb as gently caress (I spent mine mostly on Magic cards at his age so I can't really talk)

however he did not have a phone for several months after that, because lol what

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Hey guys, I'd like to take a legit moment here. We all post our opinions on poo poo. Today I was pointing out that just because someone went to a rally it may be worth figuring out how deep they are into that belief system and whether they are salvageable.

I try not to attack people personally, there's no loving reason for this poo poo just because you disagree with a point I'm making. Like seriously. Maybe try to find some other way to express disagreement than what you're doing here? Idk.

even if you are being intentionally disingenuous or playing devil's advocate or something, you're well known in this thread as a lovely poster with bad opinions and so maybe you should tone down the gimmick if you want to have a serious conversation

like I get what you're saying about finding out if the kid is salvageable or Literal loving Nazi but you are, perhaps, not the person to try to make that argument because you didn't bother dropping your disingenuous south park "maybe it was just a few Nazis at the rally and the rest were normal decent people" gimmick before saying so

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

I can't believe Pick of all people didn't lead with "poo poo or get off the pot"

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Danaru posted:

I (19 M) told my GF (19 F) to "Go away" when we both drunk and tired

Is it possible that I host an evil consciousness within me waiting for my darkest moments to assert itself and wreak havoc upon those I love, or is it because I was drunk and asleep? :thinking:

about every other time my husband falls asleep in his Dad Chair and I poke him to come to bed instead he tries to swat me away like a fly and goes "nooooooooo" like a toddler but my immediate reaction isn't "OH NO HE DOESN'T LOVE ME", it's "this fucker could sleep through the apocalypse, jesus christ, fine, I'll go cuddle with the cat instead" and I go pass out like a sane person

but we are in our 30s and not 19, teenagers are stupid

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

This is like the perfect mirror r/relationship post. The dude simultaneously triggers every red flag you could ever have while still maintaining measurable dedication to their relationship. I started off thinking "he is either cheating or at least wants to with her" and ended the post thinking "well maybe he really he does just view her as a sister and needs to establish better boundaries".

I mean my initial reaction was "ok work wife, what's wrong with -- oh. uh. dial it back a bit, yo" since I'm a work-wife kinda person as well but you should really not be prioritizing your work wife over your real SO if you have any desire to continue that relationship

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

maskenfreiheit posted:

My wife (26/f) of less than a year is threatening to divorce me (27/m) if I hire women. (self.relationship_advice)

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

coronatae posted:

Since I read the sushi casserole post I've been frantically googling sushi casserole recipes. Literally all of them involve either baking the fish or starting with imitation crab meat, sashimi casserole returns nothing similar to what was described. I'm concluding that this was, as someone said, the wife's attempt to murder her coworkers.

e: and the fish he couldn't identify was fugu she deliberately prepared wrong

I made some pretty good sushi bowls once but they used real sushi rice and imitation Krab(shut up it was still good) and proper veggies, and weren't in a casserole dish layered like a lasagna and left to sit out at room temp for multiple hours

so there's that

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Barudak posted:

Do we get to play guess the musician or should we focus on how in her fantasy the guy is even more older than her current husband?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LHWok-9xhc

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Bertrand Hustle posted:

All the bolded parts missed this:

Textbook toxic, emotionally abusive relationship. Fighting, screaming at each other, not talking, and then "doing good for a while" until the next big blowup. These people hate each other and have no idea how to resolve conflicts like adults, and probably one or both of them has some mental health issue they've never dealt with. They're both better off without one another.

Source: was in one of these relationships in my early 20s. Untreated depression is a fucker.

He mentioned she had BPD, so yeah. She needs a loving, caring relationship with a good therapist (and even that likely won't do a whole lot of good), not with him.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

The Letter A posted:

Is it a bunch of giant nerds pointing out inconsistencies in his story? Because there are like 3 things in that story that make absolutely no sense from a music history / theory perspective

found the boyfriend :v:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Mirthless posted:

nah i get that but it could be possible he didn't know if the dog was actually going to be OK in their home before getting the gun

I'm just saying maybe there's a reason for the sudden about face? it's certainly no loving excuse to treat her that way though

I'm phone posting and read this without looking at the poster and went "is this mirthless? this is mirthless" and lo and behold

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

expected:

was still not disappointed despite being wrong

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I am certain this exact quote has been said verbatim by at least one Mommy Soldier. I'm 100% with the mom here; she gave her medical history and asked to go no-contact. The daughter should've respected that. I can understand why people feel for the daughter, hoping for her own reunion story, but life isn't a daytime TV show and sometimes pregnancies are mistakes.

I've considered trying to dig up my birth parents about once a year since I was 18 or so, mostly for medical/genetic reasons (closed adoption in Louisiana, you can't even find your birth parents unless they're also looking for you) but the paperwork is still sitting in my file cabinet at 37 because I always follow up with the thought that they gave me up for a reason. Yes, it kills me that my daughter is the only person I'll ever know that looks like me, and I want to know if I have brothers or sisters, but it's not my family; it never was. I have a mother, as many issues as I have with her (and there are many). I had a father. I want to know, but I also don't want to disrupt my birth parents' life or their family just because I'm curious whether autism and ADD/OCD run in my blood or if it's just coincidence. I get why this kid wants to find her but if the answer is no, sometimes you just gotta move on. It's more likely to be a "uh...we never thought you'd find us, sorry, we don't really want anything to do with you" than the plot of a Lifetime original movie.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

I knew people that would 'do' RHPS (as in they'd dress up as the characters and like, pantomime the roles while the movie played). I can confirm that is true.

Alamo Drafthouse does this regularly in Austin and probably elsewhere, it's absolutely A Thing (and half my friends lose their minds every time it happens, it's my fault for being a former theatre kid)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

what, is your thanksgiving not a rehash of every lovely thing that's ever happened in your family? no? just me then?

mine is more an extended reminder of why I don't talk to anyone in my family besides my mother, and even she will happily get in fights about why I'm a dumb hippie for not supporting Glorious Orange Leader