Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

corn on the cop posted:

get off turdtown talk you disgusting cretins

:stonklol:

His wife is a child and he needs to divorce her, get full custody of his daughter, and find a mature and loving woman to be with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Grevling posted:

Sounds like she's getting a lot of enjoyment out of trying save money any way she can but personally I'd much rather live a little wastefully than basing my whole life on thrift like that woman. Lol, buying lucky charms in bulk and keeping them in your bedroom. She buys useless things just because they're free or extremely cheap. I agree with everyone, she is not well.

My brother in law lives like this and my poor sister's house is awash in his useless garbage that he got because "it was a good deal."

There are parts of the house that we can't let their two children go into because there's a real danger of them getting brained by falling cardboard boxes.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm aware, and perhaps libertarian is a bad example, but getting J basically means you have no empathy for strangers. The questions are all very transparent and not as mood dependent as the other 3 categories.

Like E or I is whether or not you feel like hanging out with people is relaxing or not, P or J is whether or not you feel it's good and just for people to starve in the streets homeless.

Popping in to say it strikes me as very weird that you would make a moral judgment of total strangers based on Nerd Astrology. All personality tests are extremely iffy at best and have about as much to do with real life as the "what anime character are you" Quizilla tests. So uh, gee whiz buddy.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Vargatron posted:

Well you see it's easier to put INFP in your profile than "identifies as Goku".

but see i identify as bob belcher and idk how that maps to mbti

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Post the link

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Ham Sandwiches posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/7uli1v/i_33m_dumped_my_gf_25f_of_7_months_for_giving_me/

Reading the comments I gotta say the guy that called him out for saying

is spot on, and I'm updating my assessment of the reddit op to be 100% Piece of poo poo

quote:

Slow clap for Sandra. Leave her the gently caress alone.

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas the good poo poo

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Arivia posted:

He’s wasting everyone else’s time and the doctor and nurses time in the office are far more important than his. His hand wasn’t magically worse after the doctor manually examined it, he’s fine. All you Americans really need to grow up about this.

lol

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
45 minutes is a long time to wait when you're injured and in pain. That dude didn't handle it well with his dumb bandage but there could have been improvements on the medical patient care side as well. It sounds like there wasn't much communication which is a really terrible way to handle patients, and it's hosed up to treat patients badly even when they're being lovely.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Palpek posted:

We haven't had a good self-own in a while:

[24F ] I "told on" a coworker [22 M] for not completing his assignment and was totally wrong. He has been blatantly rude to me since. Is this fixable?

She's an idiot for not just asking him for a heads up but it's concerning that he ~bumps her~ when no one's around. That could escalate into something much worse.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Only if they believe her or they have tapes. She hasn't exactly established credibility wrt complaints about him. I'm not sure what he's supposed to do - it's easy for me to conceive of the OP being merely a foolish busybody, since I heard her side of things, but it looks downright malevolent and targeted from his perspective. I don't know what I'd do in the circumstance but attempting to intimidate her into leaving is, at the very least, about as valid a play as "do nothing and hope management does the right thing". Figuring out a way to get the hostile, career-threatening coworker to leave is the right thing to do even if physical intimidation isn't the right tack.

It's all fun and games until he gets mad enough to shove her down the stairs

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
This thread is so illuminating, I had no idea people spent so much time fretting about whether women want oral sex or not. I hate getting oral but that's because I've never had a partner that was any good at it and it loving sucks to be stuck with men that can't perform and it's easier to give a blanket "I don't like that" and take it off the table. It's better than spinning a roulette wheel on the random hook up on whether or not he knows that he shouldn't bite you.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

COMRADES posted:

Why?

I grew up seeing art of Madonna and Child so legit I don't understand what the problem is why are Americans so weird and prude about stuff like this? I mean I get you, you're a gay dude so already you hate titties but like....... she's in her own house with a 5 day old baby?

TBH it sounds like what the issue in the story is that the OP is a mom who is realistic about the trevails of being a mom which means the mailman can see you breastfeeding your kid sometimes because the baby can't wait. She's okay with it and it sounds like the mailman is okay with it too. It's only her """friend""" that freaked out about it and if he's freaking out about it then it's because he's an irrational child that never grew up.

Most Americans are actually pretty cool with this stuff and also grew up seeing Serious Art. Three Olives is being foolish.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

dudeness posted:

They actually added "sucked on titties" to the mailman creed right after "gloom of night".

brb applying to be the post office

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

13Pandora13 posted:

I like that the last two derails have centered around a r/ post about what women should and shouldn't be allowed to do with their bodies/shame they should feel relative to their bodies.

Interesting that the men involved in their respective stories held that aggressively soliciting licking pussy in public seemed to be okay, but using breasts for their biological purpose is a big loving deal.

Goons are gonna goon and men are gonna do what they do. It's the circle of life or something.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

zakharov posted:

It came from Ask a Manager and it's a Yikes x 10000

my boss refused to call an ambulance for an injured coworker

there is nothing surprising about this coming from a school principle though I should think that legal action is pursuable here.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Galaxy Brain posted:

I [23/F] exploded at my mom [50s/F] over my name, it’s causing a lot of drama and mess

My parents are “creative” types. My 3 siblings (2 younger brothers and a younger sister) and I all have “creative” names. I’m named after a reptile, my sister (19) is named after a part of the brain, my brother (17) is named after a fish, and my youngest brother (16) is named just a weird name- but he’s got the most traditional name of us all. We all hate our names- we talk about it plenty. Most of us have gone by nicknames our entire lives, and I know I plan to change my name before I get married. My mom and I don’t get along very well, we butt heads a lot, but my sister is a mama’s girl and has never gone by a nickname because my mom says it’s “disrespectful” to the name she was given. Which, again, my sister hates. My brothers are closer to my dad (as am I), but my mom has like a “dominant personality”, so they listen to her and respect her. I don’t. My mom runs from her responsibilities, calls it hands off parenting, and doesn’t give any of us a shred of the respect she wants us to give her. Sure, sometimes I like her, but I haven’t loved my mom for a while. I tolerate her and I do what I need to do to maintain contact with my siblings, but no, I don’t love my mom. I could go into all our issues, but I won’t. It’s not the point.

I got serious with my boyfriend recently, and he wanted to meet my family. Of course, I got talked into spending a whole week with them, starting on Saturday. I only agreed because my parents are both still working and my mom facilitates extracurriculars afterschool (she’s a teacher). They live in a nice area, so I figured we could do other things. On Tuesday, we decided to have a family dinner because it was the one night my mom wasn’t busy. It was the first time we’d had a real conversation since I was in college, and she kept calling me by my real name. Everyone at the table was using my nickname. My boyfriend has only ever called me by my nickname- I keep my real name under wraps, although I did plan to tell him before I went to change it. I seriously hate my name that much. Of course, he got curious and started asking what my mom was talking about thinking it might be some kind of nickname because I’m named after a literal REPTILE. And she starts going on about how she slaved over baby name lists, how she had a stroke of inspiration while at the zoo, how much the name meant to her, and how selfish I am to go by a nickname. I just exploded. I told her how much I hate my name, how humiliating it is, and how selfish she is to have given us all names that got us bullied and harassed. I kept going and talked about how much I can’t stand her, how she treats her students like more of her children than she treats me like her kid. It was just complete word vomit, and my mom started crying, my dad kicked me and my BF out without any of our stuff.

We don’t have any clothes. My dad and my mom won’t let us come to the house- they threaten to call the cops- and won’t even toss our bags onto the street so we don’t even have money or our tickets back home. Hell, the only reason I have my phone and charger is because I grabbed them from the kitchen on the way out. My siblings are “forbidden” from seeing me, but I got a text from my brother saying that our mom has been interrogating them about whether or not they think she’s a bad mom and telling them they should all change their names. She flipped out when my younger brother said he didn’t mind going by his name, and went on a rampage about how she made us all targets and all this poo poo that was totally true but she was obviously trying to make them disagree with? Our dad is totally taking it, and even participates. They’re on this warpath and it’s my fault and my siblings are miserable. I also can’t get home, so I’m staying with a friend of mine for the indefinite future. My boyfriend is being a complete trooper and I’m grateful to have him, but I know this is putting a lot of wear on him. Basically- how do I get this to a place where I can get my parents to chill out so it doesn’t get worse for my siblings? And how do I get home? How do I just make this better? Is it worth it to talk to my mom?

TL;DR: I blew up at my mom, she’s gone on a complete rampage

EDIT: I’m going to get in touch with police, but since people are curious- I’m Chameleon, my sister is Sulci, my brother is Guppy (he goes by G.H. - his first and middle initials), and my youngest brother is Upton (like the author- he goes by Tony).

At least she's going to get the police involved since her emotionally insecure mother has stolen her property over a name lol

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

SerialKilldeer posted:

I have so many questions that I'm not sure I want answers to. Like, how do mermaids have oral sex?

And how does one "gentrify cannibalism"?

Presumably one of the partners was human so the mermaid performed oral sex on that guy. "gentryifying cannibalism" was just a nonsensical accusation that only made sense in the scammer's mind.

Re: yaoi talk, yaoi and slash are popular for a myriad reasons and trying to fit that popularity into one neat box is a fool's errand.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
That's a big fat "gently caress you" to her husband because in her mind he refused to take their marriage seriously for 2 years and tried to stick her with the bill. He let her twist herself into knots for 2 years trying to figure out "her" problem when surprise it was him all along.

If they give it some time to cool off she might come to a different conclusion but she sees a chance to get back at him and have a kid so that's what she's going for. I'm actually a little impressed at how calculating it is.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Dave Thorpe Painting posted:

The update:

Well, everybody keeps PMing me for an update and I finally do have something to tell, although I could use some insight since I don't really understand what's going on. Also, I'm reluctant to even bother posting this since the mods deleted my last update. And for those that have been PMing me asking what it said, all my last update said was that as of like 36 hours after the incident Stephanie still apparently hadn't told my brother-in-law or my wife and I was just sitting around with stress cramps.
Well, here's the latest. Nothing really happened all weekend. I heard my wife talking like normal to Stephanie a couple times. I actually started to think maybe I had misread Stephanie's reaction on the video and that maybe the universe was going to take pity on my poor stupid rear end and that my family wouldn't be destroyed.

Now I don't know what to think because Stephanie called last night and again wanted to come over and take a shower.

Right away, I'm thinking, "What the gently caress?" I mean, it didn't make any sense. Even if I was wrong and she assumed the camera pen was off, it just seemed weird that she'd want to come over here and shower again. Granted, our house is more convenient, but I know they have other places they could till their bathroom is done. My wife's parents only live another ten minutes or so away, for example.
Then I started to get the paranoid idea that maybe she was going to see if I did it again and try to bust me in the act this time. And I had an idea. I decided I'd put the pen in the shower again, but this time turned off. And as I said I already deleted the video almost immediately. So if she decided to swipe the pen or something, she'd see that it was empty.

It seemed like a really elegant way to get out of the whole mess. And I had what I thought was a particularly brilliant idea on top of it. After I set the pen out, I got one of my wife's really long hairs out of her hair brush and draped it across the camera pen. That way, if she didn't swipe the camera altogether, I'd at least know if she picked it up again and fiddled with it. If you open it up, it's got an LED inside that shows when it's on.

Well, Stephanie came over. I hid in the garage again. To be honest, I didn't have the balls to face her and was worried that my face would give something away. But when I heard her leaving my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to casually stroll through as she was leaving.

When I walked by the living room where she was telling my wife goodbye, she glanced at me and I swear to God she actually smirked. And my heart just sank.

As soon as she was gone, I went to the bathroom and to my complete confusion the pen was unmoved. The hair was still draped across it where I left it and it looked to be in the exact same position.
So... What the gently caress? Why didn't she check it? Did she just assume it was off? Or did she assume it was on and wanted to make sure last time wasn't just a fluke and now she's going to bust my rear end to everyone after all? I thought I had found a creative way to get out of this mess, but she didn't do what I expected her to do and I have no idea why.

Can anyone see what I'm missing?

tl;dr Sister-in-law came over and showered again. I planted the empty, turned off camera again so she'd think it was there for no reason, but she apparently didn't examine it and now I have no idea what she's thinking or doing. And I'm sick at my stomach again.

Sequel went too hard too fast, this seems fake

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Khorne posted:

Hot take: wife used it with a dildo.

Otherwise, one of the kids' condoms.

Other other wise, cheating I guess. But I don't see why she'd cheat at home and leave a condom in the bin. It's lose-lose-lose there.

well, people can be pretty dumb...

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Boyfriend is a fake baseball fan, half the fun of watching baseball is picking out the most attractive men.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
so let me get this straight

the brother jams his sister's toothbrush into his rear end in a top hat and jerks off with it

his sister's mouth is constantly infected because he needs to poo poo on a toothbrush to get off

the parents don't care because they think jamming a toothbrush up his rear end in a top hat is just a normal part of being a 12 year old boy

and the only thing the reddit comments care about is that the victim is going too faaaaar in posting about her disgusting brother and her disgusting parents on Facebook because won't someone think of how horrible it is to publicly shame your family for being pro-shiteating. Like literally they think it's okay to force a family member to eat poo poo. That's how people contract diseases. And somehow the sister is the villain because she exposed their very non metaphorical poo poo eating ways to the world on facebook.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

Uh, no? 95% of the comments are absolutely on the sister's side.

I'd say it's more 70% but I am still baffled and enraged that anyone would think she did something wrong

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Play posted:

Me [25F] with my reader(s) [? probably F] of about 2 years, someone is writing fanfic of my crack ship and asked my opinion of it

canon drama

jfc it's a casual hobby just lie and say you enjoyed it

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

StrangersInTheNight posted:

You've actually forced me to go to Reddit and find a post for the first time just to stop this loving derail jfc

i come this thread TO AVOID REDDIT but still get the juiciest morsels

I [30sFTM] am bitter and can't talk to my husband [30sM] of 5+ years about children

this actually made really sad, I had no idea Sweden has forcibly sterilized trans folks :(

This is straight up awful, this poor dude

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

This one starts off with the gross crazy bits then takes a sharp left turn into depressing, just FYI. If I bolded the worst parts it would end up being over 3/4 of the post so just start at the top and read until you can't take it anymore.

My [25F] dad [56M] got his own poop all over my apartment. Now I overwhelmed with memories and emotions from my childhood. I am unsure how to proceed.

:murder:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

up to his old tricks

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (26M) friend/roommate (25M) said some really strangely homophobic things to me about a friend. We have had sex before. He knows I am bisexual, and I know he is, but its always kind of been something we never talk about.

They must have a huge walk-in closet in their apartment.

This reads like fanfiction. Might be fake, definitely gay.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

In the comments he says she won’t let him go to appointments with her anymore. The reason?

How antiquated are a lot of these ‘no no’ foods for pregnant women these days? A friend of mine was pregnant a couple years ago and her OBGYN said the occasional glass of wine was okay. But then again, we were refused service at a sushi place once because the waiter said ‘pregnant women aren’t allowed to eat sushi’.

The sushi thing was most likely a CYA so that the restaurant can't be held liable for any problems that a pregnant lady might be able to blame on eating raw fish. The waiter probably flubbed the delivery but I guarantee you that it's a legal thing so that place doesn't get sued.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

value-brand cereal posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/28i7n5/me_17f_with_my_halfsister_15f_bio_dad_wants_me_to/

Just want to say that OP picked a great username :laffo: I can't stop imaging Dian Fossey as the sister. Not aged down or anything, just as she is on the book's cover.

I like all the comments that keep going "but she's your sisterrrrrrrrr" even after the OP said that the halfsister 1) steals her things 2) locked herself into a car with the OP 3) tries to physically crush the OP when hugging her to the point that the OP is in actual pain

It is bullshit for people to demand that you put up with someone who is an obnoxious thief just because you're blood related. Halfsister can come back and try to be friends once she's no longer a gross 15 year old.

HIJK fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 9, 2018

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Honestly the pregnant lady owns. Housebreak your scumbag husband by shoving his face into his puddle of piss.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (29m) girlfriend (26f) beat another girl up and I can't see her the same way.

What a weiner.

The fault clearly lies with the lady who attacked his girlfriend, I don't see what this dude's problem is.

This reminds me of the post from pages and pages ago where another dude was terrified of his girlfriend after she laid out another guy who tried to attack her while they were walking to their car from a party. Imagine dating a woman who defends herself against violence and your reaction is "but what about how I feel??? [emasculated]"

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
On the one hand the stepmom is totally disrespectful of the 7 year old daughter as a human person. On the other hand saying "I hope your baby dies" and trying to kick a pregnant woman in the stomach is absolute poo poo tier behavior. On top of all that the husband just keeps going "yeah I know she keeps saying she wants my next kid to die but do I reeeeaaaally have to ground her? :("

They're all lovely hooray

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Esoteric Scientist posted:

My wife [20] and I [22] had a serious sexual agreement and she refuses to live up to her end of the deal.

a serious sexual agreement

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

PetraCore posted:

Ugh I made myself way more vulnerable than I told myself I was going to get on these dumb gay forums but if I delete that post I'll feel worse, so I guess I'll post content.

My [22F] boyfriend(?) [26M] wants to postpone our breakup for another 3 months

kick him to the curb

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

The post where the husband impregnated the teenage girl is from the UK though I bet there are plenty of nightmares there as well

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, I know, that's why I explicitly said "in the US", where the ostensible age of consent is usually higher (but see my link).

I guess I'm confused why you were posting links about the US when the poster was based out of the UK

andrew smash posted:

Something about the appearance of sucking on a usb drive like a 16 year old trying to squeeze the last out of a dying joint just doesn’t scream cool

Wait a minute, Juuls are USBs? whaaaaat?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Hughlander posted:

Boyfriend lied about being a virgin

:allbuttons:

This makes my skin crawl

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
The older sister owns and the little brother is a moron for trying to pick up someone 7 years his senior especially since it's so abjectly obvious that his sister gave up a lot to raise him and bring him into her household away from their parents. What a way to repay someone for giving up so much and working so hard all in order to protect him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Next you'll tell me she wears a raincoat when she's out in a storm, where does it end