Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I (34F) resent and blame my husband for causing an accident that left me paralyzed... not sure what to do

quote:

Throwaway because my husband knows about my reddit account.

For a bit of backstory, me and my husband started out just about how every couple does. We met in college, got engaged our junior year and got married about a year after graduating and starting our careers. We decided very early in our marriage we wanted to live the DINK lifestyle and because of that we were pretty well off. I brought in most of our income as my husband was still working his way up in his career. Our marriage was absolutely wonderful, we had a perfect life. We traveled, lived in a beautiful home, had our dream jobs and were madly in love.

About two years ago I had come home to discover a nail in my tire that was causing a slow leak. I had a super busy work week that week so my husband offered to patch it temporarily till I could get into the shop the following week. I said no problem as my husband worked as a mechanic from 18 all the way through college. He patched the tire and that was that. About two days later I was driving to work when I had what I thought at the time was a blowout, I lost control of my vehicle and was hit by another car. Next thing I remember I'm in the hospital and finding out that I'm paralyzed from the waist down. A few months later it was concluded what caused my accident was that my husband did not properly tighten my lug nuts and it caused my tire to quite literally fall off while driving.

The next two years were grueling, intensive recovery. Me and my husband both lost our jobs, I racked up extraordinary amounts of medical bills, maxed out all our credit cards, had one car repossessed and we are currently extremely close to a foreclosure. My husband has been an amazing support this entire time, he's been by my side constantly, and has handled this entire thing perfectly. I know that he's wracked with guilt, I know that he feels terrible and yet he never let it show because he was so focused on me. He's even currently working a job he absolutely hates just to pay the bills. And despite all this I still blame him for everything and I resent him.

We had a picture perfect, story book kind of life. And because of a dumb, stupid mistake he made it's all ruined. Because of him, I will never walk again. I feel absolutely awful that I feel this way but I can't help it. Just looking at him makes me angry, him doing things for me makes me angry, everything about him makes me angry. And I just don't know what to do. Divorce? How could I divorce him when he's done so much? Who will help me? I do still love him as well. Marriage counseling? Then I'd have to admit that I resent him, that I blame him and I know how awful he already feels. I really just don't know what to do at this point. And the resentment, bitterness and all that isn't good for me and I know it.

So here I am, asking what the hell to do? What can I do? How can I fix this? I just don't know.

tl;dr Husband made a mistake that caused a horrific car accident that left me paralyzed. We went from being extremely well off with no kids to barely keeping a roof over our heads. I can't do anything I once loved and I blame him for all of it. Unsure of what to do about the relationship at this point.

Holy crap. And of course, a bunch of comments I skimmed are saying 'blame yourself, not your husband.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Milotic posted:

I went over to legal advice. Rel is not giving me what I need.

(Utah) Marriage annulment questions and property.

A fifth wheel is some sort of camper van it seems.

Uhhh, does she elaborate on the 'involuntarily committed to psych ward twice in a month' in the comments? Because that sounds like an awfully spicy meatball...

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 24, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Outrail posted:

Psych ward? That sounds pretty serious and.. wait hang on a seco... fifth wheel ok lets just focus on one thing at a time..... horses?? Why the gently caress are there horses not jesus christ what a mess.

When I checked it, there were no comments, and with a lot of missing information, there's a few possibilities

1) dude preyed on the woman financially, committed her twice in some attempt to try and have grounds for an annulment, evil plot to keep these assets by showing 'well, she's mentally unfit!'

2) She is having a complete psychotic break and there are no horses and this whole thing is a result of delusions/persecution complex and the husband realized belatedly he signed up for zero of this

3) both are true and it's a garbage person preying on a mentally unwell woman

This is just bananas, but at the same time, a friend of my boyfriend posts long disjointed posts on FB at times; completely out of touch with actual reality. The latest was that everyone was keeping 'something' from him that happened in CO and erased all evidence to gently caress with him, he knew the grim reaper was real because he had seen 'him', and that he KNOWS he isn't 'schizophrenic or anything' he has 'psychokinesis'.

So, horrible controlling gaslighting, or someone losing all touch with reality? Choose your own adventure! (I really want to see updates/comments on that thread)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Buzkashi posted:

Me [23 F] with my boyfriend [23 M] of 8 months, he started new school 30 mins away, and I struggle with the new situation.

Holy poo poo get a loving hobby

Good lord :sever: dude. That level of attachment/dependency is beyond the pale. My ex got like that when I moved for grad school. I'd come out of three-hour lectures to see that he'd been blowing up my phone the entire time because I didn't reply to 'how's your day going?' or w/e

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Me [22F] with my SO [30M] of 2years, I feel like the only parent

quote:

Where do I even start?

Our kid is three months, I barely get out and have 0 time to myself. My SO holds our kid for 5-10 (being generous) minutes until he starts to yell "HELP ME!" In the most annoying tone ever. He gets upset at me for asking him to spend time with us instead of in the basement and complains that he works all day. I have not had a single day for myself, I barely shower or relax. The kid cries like screeching ear piercing wails to be held and if I sit down he cries louder. I'm on my feet all day and he sits at a desk all day, he comes home says hello and then disappears into the basement.

Our kid is colicky and has reflux. We have to give him a medicine and I'll text my SO to prepare the medicine for him and my SO never comes or gets extremely upset when he does and starts acting like a shithead. Last time I asked he came up and broke a cup and blamed me saying I was rushing him. He won't change diapers I asked him to tonight and he said he would I went about 4 minutes with our kid sitting in a full diaper of poop before I decided to change it and he's all like "I said I would do it, stop" but waits for me to finish cleaning the kid up to but in.

He goes to the gym, I'm not allowed to go to the gym although they have a daycare there. I'm excited for him to work out but he's been getting attention from other women and he comes home and enjoys telling me about it. I'd have no problem with it if he wasn't cheating on me with other women while he hides out in the basement.

If I ask to take a shower he'll either tell me he's going to sleep for work the next day or rush me out of the shower because the kid starts to cry. He goes out with his friends, hangs with them on Friday nights, I have yet to see any of my friends and only just got to see my family since the kid was born. We see his family more than mine and my nieces and nephews have strayed away from me when we had great relationships before.

I've asked to use his laptop so I can continue learning how to code but he doesn't want to give me access to it and gets upset at the fact that I've asked for it. So whatever I laid off. I have absolutely nothing to entertain myself but my phone, the Tv and going out for walks but it's too hot where we live so that's once in a blue. I've spent nights walking around town until the sun came up because our kid will not sleep and is inconsolable. He gets upset that the kid cries to go with me but is never around

**tl;dr: My SO is an rear end in a top hat

Oh ho, an update!

Me [23F] with my SO[30M] 2 years, I left with outmr child

quote:

After the encouragement to leave I decided to pack and leave. I got our kid and myself packed up with as much as I could take but was having a hard time getting out kid to calm down. It took me a little while but I finally got my child to relax and was on my way out the door when my SO decided to come home early (if he even went to work)

He looks at me and sees the car running, looks inside and sees the pack and play in the car. He takes the keys and walks inside the house. I go inside demanding the keys and he tells me I can't leave in his car with his things with his child. I try grabbing the keys and he pushes me to the ground while I'm holding out child. I don't know why but I got up, walked out the door and to the bus crying my eyes out. I took the bus into the next city and found a women's shelter. Since leaving he's visited my parents, cousin and my sisters place asking about me. He even had a woman who claimed it be a detective show up claiming she was investigating me for kidnapping our child.

I'm so depressed here and I have nothing. It's gloomy and I much rather be somewhere else compared to this shelter with my child. I'm thinking about getting a hotel with the bits I have. I want to get divorced. My parents are begging me to go and stay with them but it's far too dangerous. I cannot sleep here and the other women are extremely catty which scares me beyond anything. I've had thoughts on going back but it'll just be worse.

I'm struggling but trying. Tomorrow I'm going to try and find some cheap rates for a hotel nearby and hopefully get some well needed sleep.

I'm in tears right now just typing this out from my phone. My child shouldn't have to go through this and not should I. As much as I'd like to use a credit card or bank it would only let him know where I am. If all goes well with the hotel I'm going to try and visit my cousin in hopes that he can lend me some cash until this is all sorted out.

It sucks just last year I was getting married now I'm spending my 23rd birthday in a shelter with my child hiding away from the man who I loved so dearly.

My mother warned me and she was right I only wish I weren't so naive.

tl;dr: Making the best of this situation, could really use a shoulder to cry on

Her follow up comment in the update is horrifying.

quote:

I visited my cousins house and he just happened to be stopping by. I would stay at my parents but I don’t want them to get hurt. I left the shelter and am now at a hotel. I’ve withdrawn as much as I could from our accounts and loaded it onto a prepaid card. Running low on funds but have the hotel until Monday

Christ girl, call the loving police.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Admiral Ray posted:

The story behind your relationship would be great to.

"Oh, what happened?"

"Eh, it just didn't pan out like I'd hoped. They had this selfish thing they did where they were dying and I just didn't want to be dragged down by it."

A friend's aunt I knew supported her POS husband for their entire relationship, and when she got diagnosed with cancer he said something along the lines of 'I can't do this anymore' and hosed off.

Luckily she was really close with her brother's family, they supported her, took her in when her health declined and took care of all her end of life care. She had divorced the husband years before and cut him out of the will IIRC.

Though from what I was told, at the funeral, he turned up crying and carrying on and like, practically throwing himself onto the casket. Sounds like a great time.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

my (23m) girlfriend (24f) of 1 year started a physical fight last night and ended up getting punched by a guy. Cops released everyone so no legal trouble but she's super upset I didn't punch the guy who hit her.

Gee, I don't know, maybe :sever:?

Does anyone understand the 'our friends call us Meegan and Andre' reference? Am I just an old?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I think it's a reference to The League. That's why I said the thing about hats.

If it helps, I'm not that terribly far into my 30s.

e: That character dates another character's ex, her name is Meegan, it's a whole thing about how they get off on drama, I think? It's been awhile.

Ah thanks. Never really got into that show.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Milotic posted:

A cheery story for the bank holiday Monday:

My [M 28] grandparents [M 71/ F 69] abandoned me 'cause I'm biracial - now my grandmother "wants to get to know me."

I read the comments section on this one, the OP mentions that his grandmother tried to contact him via letters when he was younger, but they stopped after a point as he never responded.

Saying they came from a different time where the man 'took the lead' sounds like granddad may have been a lovely controlling husband, and now that he's finally dead, she can try again to make contact. (I'm saying it's a possibility based on his mention of their different behaviors at the funeral)

However, the OP had a lot to deal with growing up, especially rejection by his only living relatives) so he has every right to decide to not respond to the letter.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 28, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

sleepwalkers posted:

My dad was born in '47 and witnessed the Detroit riots firsthand yet still didn't end up in a situation where he'd ever consciously make the choice to leave their grandchild's future up to chance because of the color of their skin. "Oh but they're olds" doesn't really work when we're talking about being disowned in 1989.

This is why it's hard to speculate on some of these threads and have people arguing about 'gently caress that old hag! vs. do what is best for yourself'. All we have to go by is OP's original post and follow up comments.

Considering there have been stories from that subreddit about people's parents in TYOOL 2017 threatening to disown their child for dating a black man, and many more wondering what to do regarding a lovely controlling partner, I think some of us responding to that story are more curious than anything what the actual deal with the grandma's situation was.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

fruit on the bottom posted:

I [21F] overhead my mother [52F] insulting me because of my choices for after university. I need help with a script if this comes up.

Does 'dissertation' mean something else in the (I'm assuming) U.K.? Or is that a typo and she's 31 and wrapping up a dissertation?

Follow up question, how do you not know whether or not you passed yet if either one is the case?!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Total Meatlove posted:

Usually an extended essay that can form one of the required modules of many to achieve a full degree. I can’t remember how long they normally are - 15k words? It’s more than possible that the dissertation is finished but they’re awaiting exam results.

Okay, that makes sense. I'm used to the terminology in the US where a thesis is for MA students (and I guess some BAs?) and dissertation is the last part of a PhD where they tell you then and there after the defense if you passed or not.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'm pregnant and my boyfriend forgot my birthday

:smith:

All her other posts are deleted, which is a shame because they're real doozies. Such as 'we're expecting a baby and my BF spends $600 on soda and cigarettes' and 'I hope my baby is stillborn'.

All (non OP) parties sound horrible, and given the comments she's made, it sounds like a messed up home life growing up led her to roll over repeatedly to pressure/emotional bullying rather than telling all other parties to gently caress off while she makes decisions on what's best for her/the baby.

Is it still legal to safely surrender a baby at like, a fire house or church?

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 11, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

food court bailiff posted:

uh wasn't the first story about a woman who refused to use a restroom outside of her home so hard that she begged her SO to leave a social event early so she could pee? i don't remember him being an "abusive rear end in a top hat" in that one but it's very possible i'm thinking of another one

I think the one you're thinking of was the woman at her husband's work function, felt sick to her stomach, but didn't want to stink up the place in front of his coworkers, and ended up making GBS threads her pants in the car.

If someone doesn't pull over when you have to go to the bathroom and ask multiple times they deserve pissed seats.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I don't understand this love language poo poo. Is it just some dumbass way of going 'I express affection by doing X'?

There was one I saw recently where a woman was asking how to get her husband to quit groping her inappropriately, like grabbing her breasts while trying to cook dinner, putting his hand up her skirt in public, etc. and some dumb turd was longposting 'that's just his love language! So what if he's trying to finger you in the grocery store?!'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (51/M) husband has been lying to me (50/F) for decades. He cheated on me when we were younger.

quote:

I feel as though my world has shattered. Over 30 years of marriage over. When were in HS and dating my Husband was out sick with the Flu. We had a big dinner date planned. We tell the story to our kids about how I was having a breakdown because of my terrible cooking and he calls and says he's out sick. This was important because, it was our first date.

Turns out he wasn't sick but had a UTI from sex.

I found out old yearbook and a found an odd thing. A couple days before he got sick he was at the football game. It's a blink and you'll miss it but, under the Bleachers I see him making out with Sheila one of the Cheerleaders. That couldn't be right but, no, my fears were confirmed that was him.

So I dig deeper and head back to our School. Sheila is now a Cheer Coach. We go out to dinner and my fears are confirmed after I confront her. Not only did he make out but, he loving hosed HER. My world shattered, I haven't stopped crying. Our marriage was based on a lie.

I'm at a loss of what to do. Is this something I should forgive? Am I being unreasonable? We were kids and things were different back then. Over 30 years of wonderful marriage. I'm not sure what to do anymore. I haven't confronted him yet as he's still on a "business trip"

Ahahahahahaha.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ouhei posted:

Hahahaha, I'm gonna have to look up the comments on that one because holy poo poo how do you blow up a marriage of 30+ because your hubby had sex with someone before your first date?

It's in the 'controversial' section, if that helps. I don't know if those get cordoned off from the rest of the r/relationships tales of woe.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I thought if you linked the thread, the OP got wiped. Have I misunderstood reddit in this thread? I only browse it to try and find some juicy horror stories to add to this thread.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ehhhh, there was another one in the controversial section where a guy broke up with his GF because she slept with a FWB before he 'put a stamp on it' to see each other exclusively. Some people are weird like that.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Palpek posted:

I mean there's a very slim failure rate for vasectomy, really slim but still. Also he will still have to pay child support after divorce so the financial worry is weird, divorce the guy already lady.

I mean, just look at NFL player Antonio Cromartie. His wife just recently gave birth to a third child after he got a vasectomy. Thirteen kids overall (by nine women total).

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

titty_baby_ posted:

This is the plot of a king of the hill episode

Like, completely? I vaguely remember there was one that Peggy found out Hank got mono or something.

I really, deep in my heart hope the story is actually real and life imitates art sometimes...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

fruit on the bottom posted:

Our story begins 112 days ago.

The girl (19F) I (21M) am in love with thinks I am a total weirdo and I don't know what to do!

Post removed from relationships but thankfully preserved in a thread from r/niceguys

In act 2 we move to r/legal advice.

Had a falling out with the girl I love and got served a cease and desist order. What can I legally do? [Michigan] (x-post on r/relationships)

And finally today:

[UPDATE] Had a falling out with the girl I love and got served a cease and desist order. What can I legally do? [Michigan] (x-post on r/relationships)

That's the greatest update in the world, honestly. After those initial posts, I was half expecting [update]The woman I love is chained up in my basement and won't stop screaming. What do?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Bonster posted:

"You went through a traumatic experience and ran to tell the person best suited to handle it? Well, gently caress you, you should have told your old man, now I'll resent you forever!"

The kid sounds more mature than the dad.

What the gently caress?! Maybe her dad is pissed because he had just dismembered a drifter and dumped the parts in the ocean and was worried it was from his victim?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I looked up that 'Father of the Year' story to read the comments, and I laughed at this one:

quote:

Yep, Ive spent nearly $100k in child support to my ex who makes almost triple my income(and I have a good, professional job myself) for basically having the kids 1 day a month less. And thats after a good $70k in legal fees(including selling off all my bitcoins, about 100 or so, at around $50 to pay my retainer)
'I had to sell all my bitcoins!!!!!'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Propaganda Hour posted:

:sever: if the mom is that bad with money, this is a problem that will never go away. I found out recently that I have an in-law that's $90k in credit card debt and she's in her mid 20s. It would be impressive if it wasn't so insane.

Yowza! How can you rack up that much?! (Possibly easily, especially if that's factoring in interest). Is it related to student loans or something? Catastrophic hospital bill?

A family member racked up like, 10k in credit card debt, and I thought that was nuts.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The Schwa posted:

I think some chiropractors in NZ tend more towards a physio approach rather than randomly cracking spines, which is maybe where the confusion comes from.

If people are going to actual physiotherapy though they'd call it physio

this is not an endorsement of chiropractors

I used to see a chiro that was basically a physiotherapist, but we just called him a chiropractor.

I think I have an unreasonably rosy view of chiros based on him since he sussed out immediately I had a pinched sciatic nerve when podiatrists were like 'I think you have a bone fracture IDK'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

ArbitraryC posted:

She says they mostly stayed in and cuddled which also means she didn't really plan anything. I dunno like it just seems like an exceptionally dumb idea for a prank or something and it seems so obvious to me that she should have gotten him a normal gift alongside the gag if she really wanted to do the gag.

I dunno man, if this thread has taught me anything it's that people are just terrible at gift-giving. Then again my first serious boyfriend didn't get me anything for our first anniversary because he 'didn't know it was that kinda holiday' and another one didn't buy me anything because 'he didn't know what I'd want'.

People are just real dumb, I guess is what I'm getting at. Or maybe people just don't want to give me gifts.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I mean gift giving can be hard but imo it's better to try and fail than it is to us to give up. Like yeah I can think of stuff I've given or received that was considerate but still missed the mark, but like the idea/effort still feels nice and counts a long way.

One of the most stone-cold things someone ever did to me was re-gift me the Christmas present I had bought her four months later as a birthday present. Her reasoning was 'well, you bought it, so I thought you liked it'. Like, poo poo, just put that at the back of a shelf and forget about it. I have a friend that thinks I'm in love with Nightmare Before Christmas when I went through a goth phase at 13, I just accept the gifts and move on.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me [31M] and my wife [29F] had a the absolute biggest disaster of a wedding 3 months ago, and she won't let it go.

This seems like a bit much for even a bad 90s romantic comedy.

:murder: the sister, clearly. I've heard of proposals at other weddings, even seen one, but they at least cleared that poo poo with the bride and groom beforehand, bc I guess it's romantic.

On the other hand, weddings are always a shitshow; I ended up as the sound manager for my boyfriend's cousin's wedding at the last second; I had to keep running back and forth to cue the music from his iphone, which would 'dim' anytime his phone got a fantasy football update.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

La Brea Carpet posted:

Let's play guess the show!

You guys probably guessed right already, but I'd bet money it's Norman Reedus.

That cat story was an incredible story of self-ownage. I was never a fan of cats, but my boyfriend got one this year and he's an obnoxious yowling monster that wakes me up at five a.m. crying for breakfast, but watching my boyfriend interact with him and how much he loves the cat makes me happy. He makes a beeline for his cat as soon as he gets home.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SovCit is that 'group' that doesn't recognize American currency and doesn't want to pay taxes and stuff, right? Or am I thinking of 3%-ers?

I don't think I've ever been this interested in getting an update.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

boner confessor posted:

sovcit stands for soverign citizen, it's not a group so much as it is a philosophy that the government obeys magic rules and if you know these magic rules you dont have to pay taxes or obey laws and all kinds of dumb poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVbiefMdNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7h7uevwxt8

My god these are beautiful. You have opened my eyes to untold wonders.

This one cracked me up too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezWhLwoig0

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

dog nougat posted:

:yeah:

Legit my fav soda. Unfortunately it's hella hard to find where I'm at.

The seedy bodega a block from me always has it in stock. They also carry birch beer too which boggles my mind since I was always under the assumption that was a regional one.

TBF the bodega itself isn't seedy, but one of my neighbors refuses to go there because of the unsavory types that hang around the parking lot.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My [26F] boyfriend [30M] lost his temper and got aggressive during a fight. Not sure what to do.

quote:

In hindsight, this whole situations sounds really, really childish, but I'd rather get laughed at here and at least get advice.

So about a year ago I asked my boyfriend of 5 years if we could get a dog. Boyfriend said sure, why not, but he didn't want to deal with the puppy stage because according to him (this would have been my first dog ever), puppies were noisy, clingy, gross, and generally a pain in the rear end to care for. I suggested adopting an older dog from the pound, and he said he would think about it while I did my own research on how to take care of a dog.

A few months ago boyfriend came to me and said yes, we could get an older dog, but it had to be a male, under 30 pounds, black, and I had to train it not to jump on him. I was just happy I was finally going to get a dog, so I agreed to follow his guidelines. He then said that since I would be getting something I wanted, it was only fair that I let him get something he wanted as well. What he wanted turned out to be an extremely realistic and massive BB gun, and I just happened to be terrified of guns (unexplained phobia I've had since I was a little girl).

I gave it thought for some time, but ultimately decided that getting a dog would be worth it, especially since it would only be a toy gun. I asked boyfriend if he would be comfortable keeping his BB gun in a gun case, and he agreed. While I looked around shelters and talked to animal adoption counselors about finding the perfect dog, boyfriend went online and bought a gunsafe and the BB gun he had wanted, along with a lot of BB gun ammo and other BB gun accessories like eye protectors, masks, and combat gear looking clothes. I think he spent close to thousands of dollars on all of that.

Finally last week I found the perfect dog for me, and set up a schedule to bring boyfriend in with me to meet the dog. But when I told him today about the plan, he looked me dead in the eye and said he was sorry, but there was going to be no dog. I really tried to keep my cool, but I was just so disappointed because this is something I've waited my whole life for, and while I was trying to tell him that it was unfair for him to get his BB gun but not let me get my dog I ended up crying a little bit. This got him really angry and out of nowhere he started yelling at me, telling me that I was trying to manipulate him and that I needed to stop faking it before he started to really want to hurt me. This really scared me so I shut up, but I couldn't stop shaking because I kept thinking that he might actually hurt me. When he saw that I was still shaking, he started cursing really loudly, then stormed off to his room. When he came back he was holding his gun case and all his BB gun accessories, and while I stood there watching he opened the door, walked to the trash chute, and slammed his gun case and his BB gun things down the trash chute really angrily. He then came back inside and said "see? now we're even" and went back to his room.

I honestly didn't feel safe sleeping next to him, so later on when he was playing video games I made up an excuse to go see my dad, which he said I could do. Then I had to make another excuse to both my boyfriend and my dad to stay over, because boyfriend doesn't really let me sleep over somewhere else and I didn't want to deal with dad flipping out at least at the moment. I just calmed down enough to post this here, but my heart is still pounding. I really don't know what I did wrong, I guess I shouldn't have been so emotional but it was just really disappointed and sad. Should I call and apologize? I'm afraid that if I talk to him again he's going to get angry all over again.

tl;dr: Boyfriend told me I could get a dog in exchange for him getting a BB gun, but once he got a gun he didn't let me get a dog. I got upset and he started yelling and throwing away his stuff. Not sure what I did wrong and what I can do to make things better.

That... turned really dark really fast. Thankfully everybody in the comments is screaming at her to get the gently caress out of there and tell her father/friends.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

boner confessor posted:

from the description it wasn't a bb gun like a child's daisy red ryder or something but more like some tactical nerd airsoft gun which can run hundreds of dollars + hundreds more if he gets all the stupid clothes and belts and accessories lol

I'm not really up on airsofts or whatever kind of 'realistic looking BB Gun' she's referring to, but those can do some damage or at least ding you up pretty good if you're hit point-blank/close quarters with a pellet from it, yeah?

Even if it would only hurt as much as, say, a paintball gun hit, I can understand someone with a phobia of guns wanting her clearly abusive BF to lock it up, even if only for peace of mind. I'd imagine if she stuck around/got the dog it would only be a matter of time before he starts waving it around and taking potshots at her or the dog with BB pellets for minor misdeeds.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Me [29 M] with my wife [28 F] married 4 months, together 3 years, she has become increasingly irrational while dealing with alcoholism about us living in my parents' home with no timeline for moving out.

That thread only has three comments, but leave it up to someone on reddit

quote:

[–]CheddarWax 1 point 1 day ago

Stop giving her the benefit of the doubt here. She knows exactly what she's doing. She's a drunk, she'd rather stay at her parents house and drink there than work on your issues, so she's coming up with a million reasons this isn't her fault and making you jump through hoops to fix the problems.

Get a lawyer.

Welp, there you have it. Clearly she is just drinking in secret rather than, oh, I dunno, dealing with the whole getting sober thing, and possibly realizing they're co-dependant enablers and realizing she needs to sort her own poo poo out?

That couple sounds like they were in a relationship based on getting high/drinking and take part of that equation out (coupled with living at his parents' house), she's probably seriously re-evaluating things.

Plus, dealing with alcoholism is hard, especially once a person has taken a long, hard look at themselves and finally, finally made that decision.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Werong Bustope posted:

Ok this one's long as hell so I'm going to link it but here are the highlights.

Me [30s M] with my friend [30s F] duration, aren't friends anymore due to a miscommunication and I need help fixing this.

tl;dr: Lost a friend do to a misunderstanding and need help moving on/ becoming friends again!

The plot thickens:

quote:

[–]AnonJohn112 [score hidden] 11 hours ago

Why have you reposted my original post?

[–]thefift[S] [score hidden] 11 hours ago

I will never want anything more from you than a friendship

tf are you talking about?

[–]AnonJohn112 [score hidden] 11 hours ago

You have literally ripped this from a post I put on /r/BreakUps. Why have you copypasta'd it here?

[–]thefift[S] [score hidden] 11 hours ago

No I haven't. Why are you trolling on my post? gtfo

You don't even have a post on that sub.

[–]AnonJohn112 [score hidden] 10 hours ago*

Yeah, cos I have just deleted it. You have copied my post, changed several facts to make it look worse and used other information I have posted elsewhere to create the title. The fact this is your only post shows you up.

You are the troll. Make up your own story.

[–]otter_rumpus [score hidden] 8 hours ago

drat this is a new one.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

blarzgh posted:

Look, I fuckin hate this lady, and even if I presume every known fact against her I still think the Real Housewife of /r/Relationships is in the wrong here.

If some girl is being inappropriate with your husband, you tell your husband, and maybe you tell her off as well. But not in a screaming fit in front of everyone. Thats just another way of saying, "I'm the crazy one."

Depending on the age of the baby (I'm guessing only a few months), she's probably still all hormonal aside from sleep-deprived, and had to just calm down her baby after that ding-dong woke him up.

Like, my dad said that not too long after my older brother was born, my mom's parents came to visit. Next thing he knew, my mother, who rarely raised her voice and practically never cursed, was screaming at the top of her lungs and telling her mother to get the gently caress out of their house etc. Apparently her hormones )and likely some comment from her mother she didn't like) pretty much turned her into the Hulk.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hey, remember the saga of the guy that got ash on the bed and ruined the mattress trying to clean it then just ubered the gently caress out of there?

:siren:We have an update!!!!! :siren:

[UPDATE] Fiance[24M] went to great lengths to hide spilled ash at my parent's house. In the process, he ruined a mattress and got an Uber without telling anyone

quote:

Well. Some of you guys called it. My fiance finally came over to discuss what happened. He broke down and told me that he got diarrhea all over the bed and was trying to remove it from the mattress. He'd taken a bunch of laxatives earlier and was experiencing stomach pains so he decided to smoke. Then he was apparently so high that he didn't realize he was making GBS threads until he sat up.

This made sense for awhile until I remembered the marijuana he left at the foot of the bed. He started getting agitated when I asked about that and claimed it wasn't his. I honestly don't know why he'd choose to lie about that because they were obviously his. He accused it of belonging to my 9-year-old brother.

Before this, I wasn't so much mad as I was confused and embarrassed. It made me mad that he would accuse my little brother of that. He was out of the woods, my parents had forgiven him, I'd forgiven him now that I understood better...just so stupid.

Anyway, he got extremely agitated and we had a big fight. He got physical with me which he's never done before because I opened the place where he keeps his stash. There wasn't just weed in there.

It's been a really hard day. My eyes hurt from crying. Relationship and wedding are over. I called his parents to tell them so that they could try to get him help. After he attacked me I don't want to be the one to do that but I hope he gets the help he needs from his family.

tl;dr: He didn't spilled abv, he poo poo the bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Jeff Sichoe posted:

does ABV = already vaped weed?

or something else?

dang kids

From what I read in the comments from the original, it stands for 'already been vaped'. My boyfriend says you can re-smoke the residue after vaping it.

While making GBS threads the bed was funny, the rest of the update went super-depressing.

From the mention of taking multiple laxatives, and the vague reference to 'more than just weed' in his stash making him get violent with her, I'm guessing dude is hooked on opiates.