Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

peter gabriel posted:

I have one of these and it is ok

I definitely think gamer-branded shite is shite, but you can justify the right mouse if you use it effectively. I'm liking the Logitech G303, a few extra buttons, convenient sens switching that you don't activate accidentally either.

Keyboards, Headphones, chairs, all that seems to be a guaranteed markup at the cost of cheap styling accents, while providing almost nothing functionally better or sometimes even equivalent to non-gamer products at the same price.

Headphones are so bad these days, just buy some Sony MDR-7506s, they are $80 and they are your music-industry standard studio monitor cans. Use a standalone mic, a lapel mic will do.

I don't know a ton on keyboards, but I like my filco a lot, save the key caps.

Why all these assholes don't sit in Aeron chairs or something of the sort I will never understand. Gamer chairs look like colorful $50 office chairs for $200. I get sponsorships but if you're sitting a lot you should be thinking about ergonomics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

This is reminding me of My Tank is Fight!

Paging Zack Parsons

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

ahmini posted:

Bingo, this is the only reason why SM "exists" again.

It also explains why they're so very desperate to get it out. It would be the ultimate embarrassment (on top of all the others they've had this year) to knock up a relatively easy "gap filler" with the sole purpose of showing "progress" and then fail to get released in 2016.

And what a moonshot it is. An FPS built using an engine purpose-built for FPSs.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Oleyo posted:

After you are mesmerized by a giant dough mixer and stick your arm in it while it is operational*, this is how you salute.

*Actually happened to someone where I went to high school.

e: He really claimed that he was 'mesmerized' by it. I can only assume drugs were involved. Drugs seem not to mix with heavy machinery.

Imagine the sounds....

No actually don't.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

It's the result of the 3/11/2011 earthquake in Japan also striking Hitachino's brewery. They had a new mash just before the quake struck. The damage led to a 3-day power outage, and the casks of mash were all tilted at an angle, so the mash entered spontaneous fermentation. I think the original intention was a witbier, but what they wound up with has the look and feel of a sour Flemish red ale. The brewery was able to make 8,000 bottles of this disaster beer -- it's pretty interesting if you like the sour style. Spicy, sweet n sour, with some red fruit tang. It's pretty cool that the brewery was able to claw something worthwhile out of their misfortune.

I always find ideas like this pretty interesting. Reminds me of Lambics, since I'm assuming it was wild yeast and other bacteria that did the fermentation, right?

It might taste like poo poo, but its kinda neat that "raising" some native yeast and making beer with it could have wildly varying results, which could include vinegar, I guess.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

TheAgent posted:

because gently caress why not

quote this post with your five best predictions of tomorrows live stream, whoever is most accurate wins wither a copy of elite dangerous or planet coaster or a steam game of equivalent or a donation to some loving charity because its christmas you stupid game addicted nerds

1. Lots of delays while they try to get their build to compile.
2. Awkward dead air.
3. At least one quotable hot mic moment.
4. A look of wide-eyed terror.
5. No Ben.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

ArfJason posted:

Why are you insane hosed up idiots watching with complete focus the stream of the game you all hate? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Schadenfreude

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Is she blinking us a message in morse code?

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

KM Scorchio posted:

Seriously does any of this actually look like fun to anyone? There's so much poo poo going on on the screen that can't even tell what the gently caress

I like that you can't seem to hit anything outside of point blank range.

So you put your pips over their pip and spray all around them until you you score two hits at close range before they zip by you out of view.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Chris Roberts' T-Posing Cir-cusssssssssss

And now for something incompletely developed.

Something completely deficient?

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
After it blows up, there will be commando's saying it was worth it and they had a great experience testing Star Citizen. Bummer it didn't work out. That's how the cookie crumbles sometimes though, we knew the risks.

We'll see a lot of that, there is no doubt in my mind.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

AP posted:

Logically I agree but Chris Roberts has raised $30k+ from dozens of people who aren't even legally classed as investors. It's possible there are really loving dumb investors out there that want a cut of console sales for something they assume will be good and he's found at least one of them, I can't see any other reason for all the year old console rumours. If money has been tight which it must have been since Star Marine I got binned in July 2015, why even think about consoles?

The difficulty in predicting what CIG will do is nobody sensible would have got themselves into this position to begin with. Even if people were throwing money at you to make a game based on promises, you'd just hire somebody competent to do it, not micro manage everything to death, get all your best staff to quit and then play movie director with luke skywalker plus pals in the most expensive movie studio in the world for months on end.

I think if one is a dumb investor then that guarantees that one won't be an investor for very long.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

orcinus posted:

”Would you like to rape?
[N]ow [P]ostpone"

They prefer an opt-out style because lets be honest, you either rape or you don't.

Options > Game > Auto-Rape ON or OFF

Default is ON obviously because that is a reality of piracy.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait I thought the argument was that Beer and his "ilk" wanted to turn the game into an EVE style pvp nightmare, suddenly now he is a carebear who wants in-game invincibility?

Right! What the gently caress are they even on about? All I really wanted out of SC was to get in on the ground-level of some eve style griefing.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Mokinokaro posted:

The idea is to throw the pieces for all of it into a single giant map file to eliminate loading.

Which given SC's brilliant code probably would cause most shitizens' computers to spontaneously combust.

We knew the risks when we backed Star Citizen.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Beet Wagon posted:

As I understand it, they merged with TWC and Bright House, which is why all my bills have this on them:

My dad works for comcast (nothing evil) and when it looked like the Comcast TWCable merger was going through I was trying to get him to lobby superiors to unironically call the spin-off company Kabletown from 30 Rock. Of course, his voice wouldn't have mattered, they would have gone with Greatland Connections™ if the FCC didn't slam the door.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

No ryan archer tho

We need the HONESTY dial.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

I've got it, enlarge the thermostat and replace its dial with the HONESTY dial (enlarge so HONESTY is readable).

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

MeLKoR posted:

Don't they have to conform to a strict performance/stability standards to get the publisher and/or console manufacturer's approval for release? Someone is controlling what gets release on any console, right? Unlike with PCs I can't just code some poo poo for a console and put it online, right?

Yeah MS/Sony have to approve all of the stuff you want to release on their systems, which goes for patches too. That's why Blizz, in the case of Overwatch, can get the PC patch out but can't predict when the console patches will hit very well.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

boviscopophobic posted:

What it's showing is "if you take a particular set of assumptions about how much the average forum account with a given title on the RSI forums spends, then this is the average spending per forum account with an enlist date in Q1 2017". The actual numbers in the graph are not supposed to be taken literally (I don't have access to detailed spending information), but more indicative of a trend that emerges in the analysis. So it's really not something that should be considered devoid of the context of the wall of words that surround it.

Also, since we are considering forum accounts, not paying backers, it is very possible for an account's spending to be $0, and thus for the average spending per account to be less than the cheapest ship.

Furthermore, gifting complicates it a bit. I was gifted a package and then upgraded to the Flying Coffin LN (so I could access backer stuff, no joke, you are not a backer with a gifted package until you spend some of your own money). So I'm in for $10.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Madcosby posted:

Just curious, how would people in thjs thread rate derek smarts games?

I think Universal Combat, while rough is one of the best games made solely for sex offenders.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

We watched the same video, but through a different lens. A large portion of this thread is literally impossible to please. You are just quite vocal. It doesn't matter one tiny bit what is shown, said, or played, you will always, always want more.

Unfortunately it's to the point of absurdity. You all complain so much about not getting enough detail or insight, but don't realize that the more detailed the information we get is, the less people understand it.

CR even shows an example of this cargo thing in a big demo reveal, but you'll see people on here complaining as if he literally said nothing whatsoever about cargo/cargo missions. It's honestly astounding and disappointing. I've seen people on here have poo poo explained to them in simple terms like that, but then ask how the gently caress it's done in-game. Like.. poo poo dude, do you want a programmer/designer/whatever the hell job-guy to literally sit down and show you how to use his 3-D modelling program, or how to use his scripting program? Sorry, but unless you went to college for that poo poo or learned it over time (which is maybe .05% of this thread), you're not going to know what the hell is going on anyways.

I just don't even get it man.

Well, you are dealing with the community that has formed around the position that CIG is not able to make the game they promised. There has been lots and lots ridicule and attack to and from the community of the opposite position and thus both positions are further entrenched in their belief. At this point, it's probably impossible for the egos involved to reverse themselves and see the other side without CIG releasing what they promised before the heat death of the universe. And I'm not saying egos like "big egos" but I mean it armchair-psychologically: those significantly involved have formed some part of their identity based on their side of this argument and have chosen their supporting principles appropriately (as in, developers leave games all the time vs no they don't). It takes major upheaval for people to reverse course once they've built an identity on something.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

You did though. You took information from their business and gave it to a direct competitor in the same field. I'm just playing though I'm not a lawyer haha. But you really should be more careful throwing the word fraud and scam around.

:stonklol:

This troll is really weird can we just see your nuts now?

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Everyone shut the gently caress up about trump for god sake, talk about something less horrible like arse cancer or dying alone in an empty room.

My goto is freezing to death in a Portland, OR parking garage, like someone did recently.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Gradis posted:

not joking wait a bit and see if amd's zen/ryzen is any good.

This is honestly good advice.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

They should customize their crash message further and just advertise the latest ship sale at the time they release the build. "Buy an Aegis Terrapin."

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

I think someone beat him to that punch, didn't they try to send a Caterpillar to Hell to be finally rid of it in that one movie and it came back and they said "FFS it's back" and sent Lawrence Fishburne to blow it up.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Meridian posted:

I have no interest in the game itself but the setting is extremely awesome. I mean just look at this loving thing. Awesome.

Same.

I don't think I'll ever look into the game proper but I really enjoy the universe. I can play through Space Marine a few times a year still. I'm keeping an eye on that early access game (Eternal Crusade, found it) that's looking to do large scale multiplayer Space Marine, I'm hoping they can get that working nicely.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh agreed, I didn't mean to conflate the two, I was just giving my thoughts on the game. And I actually do agree with you I think Isolation captured the feel of the first film in a way that probably can't be beat, all other failings aside. Also since we're talking about good Aliens games I'd be remiss in my duties if I didn't mention Acclaim's wonderful but somewhat lazily named "Alien Trilogy" from like 1996(I think?) even if it just falls outside that 20 year range.

That Aliens vs Predator SNES beat 'em up is a fond memory.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

peter gabriel posted:

same here, maybe stocks are low?

They've been putting all of their nothing in the game, supply is low.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

DapperDon posted:

No. And I am still a backer. The reason I have not refunded as of yet is because it isn't a lot and I want to go down as someone that Crobberts will owe once this thing Hindenburg's in case the whales go class action, I want a piece of that pie.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I backed for $10 to upgrade to an Aurora LN after a buddy gifted me a package. It's worth my tenner to stay a backer and watch from steerage as Chris takes this Titanic full steam into ice bergs. I'm not really expecting anything though, from the game or the aftermath.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, quarter round as mentioned...I don't have many problems with its use, tends to blend in when used correctly. Get an oscillating multi tool...makes trimming jambs and a crapload of other tasks so much nicer. Not sure how I lived without one.

Ok that settles it. I've been pondering on grabbing the Porter Cable oscillating tool with holiday gift card and I'm just going to do it.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Lime Tonics posted:

Exclusive footage of man being attacked by a GIANT FISH THING

http://i.imgur.com/3NhKnhd.gifv

the horror

Are those gills on the top of its head? That's neat.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

peter gabriel posted:

Last she saw of him was in the 76 quadrant when poo poo hit the fan in space.

Is that the same space that is "cut" and also "thrust?"

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

This is the only game for which that wouldn't be instantly understood as a de facto permaban.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Warhawk109 posted:

Battlefront 2 trailer leaked:

https://vimeo.com/212842535

Looks like it's going to have a cool single player campaign. Sure to be out before SQ42.

Hopefully they'll have another MP beta so I can get my jollies, appreciate the sound design and visuals and then not buy it ever.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

TheAgent posted:

you ain't gonna get 3.0 until October and its going to be an absolute travesty

When CIG collapses in August, Toast will quote this in October as evidence that Agent wasn't credible.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
My cat is a murder-machine. I attribute this to her quick stint on the streets, since when she showed up she was litter box trained, someone obviously dumped her nearby.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

D_Smart posted:

No.

Notice how neither Sandi (who is responsible for marketing) nor Chris (who is the creator) stepped in front of it. Instead, the pawned it off to the most toxic person on the project and who has since taken a back seat since last year. All of a sudden, he's the meat barrier because the best way to deal with a toxic community, is to have your contract staff toxic member, step in front of it. Makes sense.

How hard was it to write "meat barrier" without further accentuation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Sunswipe posted:

As you wish.

You just helped me figure out how to block specific elements in uBlock, thanks! Hint: hit the eye dropper button.