Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I will probably play this, but try to avoid paying money. If it seems like I'll need to pay money to be able to actually make progress, I'm out.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
If you could pair characters across games, since undoubtedly this game is going to put that thought in people's heads, what would you do?

Personally, I would go Hector/Tiki, because I find the idea of manakete Lilina incredibly awesome for some reason.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Owned, your original post is forever immortal now.

I can't but help but notice that their post doesn't have a message saying they hosed around with it...

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, I've installed this on my Iphone 4(G?) (it's old, sue me) and it just randomly crashes and goes back to the Iphone home menu a lot. I've managed to actually get through a couple of missions using the power of auto-bookmarks, but does anyone have any idea if there's anyway to fix this? Deleting and redownloading didn't work.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, I've installed this on my Iphone 4(G?) (it's old, sue me) and it just randomly crashes and goes back to the Iphone home menu a lot. I've managed to actually get through a couple of missions using the power of auto-bookmarks, but does anyone have any idea if there's anyway to fix this? Deleting and redownloading didn't work.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I rolled a Lyn, turns out she was +DEF. This has turned out to actually be pretty awesome, as at level 40 she has 30 def, which is enough to do a basic level of tanking, and since her malus is res, it does indeed only make her more awesome in sword duels.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Camilla used dark magic, right?

She could use magic yes, but she was more noted for her prowess with an axe.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Mirthless posted:

I've got 3 lunatic story maps left and a smattering of missions, bring on the new content :negative:

Replace your healer with Frederick imo. Healers are way situational, most maps you will have at least one or two blue opponents and Frederick is also good against armor since he gets a hammer.

Cherche also gets a hammer and a whole lot of attack, but has poor defences, so I suppose it depends on how you want to deal with enemy blues exactly.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, I was playing heroes using BlueStacks (an android emulator), started getting the 803 error (this had happened once before, because I had linked it to a nintendo account I could uninstall and reinstall without losing my progress) tried uninstalling, and the store says Fire Emblem Heroes isn't compatible with my device, or rather, on the store page it says "your device isn't compatible with this version". Not even uninstalling and reinstalling BlueStacks helped.

Anyone got any idea what's going on here and if there's anything I can do about it?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Try unrooting your emulator. Alternatively, just download the apk and play anyways. I think people are reporting that having a rooted device can cause the app to conclude the data is corrupted and reinstall each play session, but it won't get worse than that and actually lock you out of playing. I don't have personal experience with that though.

Since you've linked to a Nintendo account, you should be able to just unroot your emulator (possibly you'll have to do some wizardy to make the app store forget you were ever rooted; I'm not sure) and then reinstall and keep playing without problems.

What exactly is "the apk"? I'm sadly not that familiar with tech wizardry.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

It's the installation file for the game.

Realistically, if I've diagnosed your problem correctly (which isn't guaranteed), unrooting your emulator and then somehow convincing google play you're a new device (possibly by switching emulators to Nox? I don't really know) will solve your problem quickly and easily.

e: Nox is even unrooted by default so there shouldn't be an issue with messing that part up.

No, unrooting and using Nox instead hasn't worked... one thing I noticed though, was that when I looked in the review sections all of them said "for an older version" even for reviews made today. Makes me wonder if it's received some sort of stealth update that screws with emulators. I'll see if there's anything else I can do...

I've downloaded the APK, but I have no idea what to do with it...

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to run the APK with Nox, it's working now. Thanks Cheetah! I can buy you a new avatar as thanks if you want.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 13, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

If you wanna waste $10 getting rid of this piece of poo poo I won't complain but I don't really think I provided you with $10 of value

I'm just feeling grateful, and I can sometimes have something of a generous streak (I feel guilty whenever I walk past a homeless person without giving them something) so give me an image you'd like to be your new avatar, and I'll see to it making it replace that "piece of poo poo".

On a different topic, I have a +DEF Lyn, who gets 30 Def at level 40 (there seem to be a few cases where the + value ends up being +4 rather than +3, this is one such case) which has proven to be rather excellent, since her bane is RES (though this makes her less capable of just taking a hit from a mage or dragon) it just makes her that much better at killing enemy dudes with swords without getting killed herself. She also works really well with my +SPD Able (30 speed at 40, with a brave lance), since with the aid of spur speed Able can get X4 attacks on, and thus murder the crap out of, quite a significant amount of blue dudes and red mages.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 13, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Countblanc posted:

You really have to expect to see him on any decent strength team because not having an answer to him sucks (not "you lose" suck but definitely forces unfavorable trades). That predictability is actually really helpful, or it would be if you had any control over what units you have. I got a 5* Robin and an Abel so I basically see most of the top tiers as free arena wins, but if the new spear lords are top tier I won't really know what to do since my only decent green is a 4* Fae (and 3* Narcian I guess???).

I suggest you level up and upgrade Anna. She actually becomes pretty drat solid with a few upgrades. She's kinda like a green Lyn, (in terms of stats) high attack and speed, low def, decent res.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Reiterpallasch posted:

Kagero oneshots Linde, Azura and Lyn (with a hone attack), cripples Lucina, gets a couple of relevant 2-shots (including Marth) that Takumi can't, and wins shootouts vs. Takumi and Robin. Takumi is better against...Catria and Camilla. You tell me which one you'd rather have on arena offense.

And Leo, and armourers, and Cecilia, and anyone else on a horse or in a big suit of armour...

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

As much as I'd love to drop $2k chasing Ishtar, there's no way that non-playable villains will be in the first round of characters.

Sadly, this seems likely. Personally I'm just wondering why Xander isn't in the drop pool yet, I know from the lunatic version of the last story mission that he has Siegfried, which enables him to counter from any distance (like Ryoma's Rajinto) but he also has a horse, so he seems like he could be a cool sword horse dude.

Also, enjoying the new avatar? Or simply relived the old one is gone?

EDIT: Hmm... just tried to buy a small amount of orbs, says I need to log into my google play account, and no matter how many time I press okay that message just come back up. Unsure if this is related to what made me have to use Nox and download the apk and use it manually in the first place. I suppose not being able to throw away my money on a dumb gacha game isn't' the worst thing in the world, probably a blessing.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 14, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

EDIT: Hmm... just tried to buy a small amount of orbs, says I need to log into my google play account, and no matter how many time I press okay that message just come back up. Unsure if this is related to what made me have to use Nox and download the apk and use it manually in the first place. I suppose not being able to throw away my money on a dumb gacha game isn't' the worst thing in the world, probably a blessing.

Quoting because no one responded to this. Anyone got any idea what may be going on with this?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

You have an Nintendo account right? You could just unload the game, reinstall it from the Play Store and then try again.

Part of the problem is why I had to install from the apk in the first place, for some reason, at one point the play store just started saying "your device is incompatible with this version" and so I've been stuck using the apk whenever the 803 error crops up. I mean, even if this means I can never buy orbs, I'm not going to complain too much since I can still play the game, I just find it weird and annoying.

Anyway, I have to sleep now, bye for now guys.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 15, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Spellman posted:

I have unlocked an 11th Stratum, called Tenth Stratum

The fact that there is a stratum called the Starting Stratum that is different to the First Stratum (the one after it) can be very confusing.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Zone of Danger posted:

Does Kagero's Daggerbreaker line mean that she'll always double hit another ninja, and they'll never double her? Do I understand that correctly? The ability text is kinda poorly worded.

Yes, so long as her health doesn't get too low.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Freaksaus posted:

So erm, what are the odds of this?

Since Erika is a focus character, likely higher than you might think, but still pretty low. Someone else can do the maths.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Senerio posted:

Since none of the new heroes are int he main gacha, this is actually the same chance as the rest of the 5*s this time

What I mean is two Erika's is more likely than, say, two Hector's.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Lube banjo posted:

arent most armored units Green though? seems like a bad idea to fight hector with a triangle disadvantage

anyone know why Tiki (young) is ranked higher thank Tiki (Old)? Old seems like the ultimate green armor murderball

The young version can be pulled at 5 stars, the older version can't, and also has significantly less speed. Though, yes, she does have a higher natural attack stat, such that if you rank her up she will have more attack than the young version, and of course, being able to always counter is nice to have. Also a bit more defence I believe.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Lord Ephraim posted:

If you pull one 5* first, does the pity counter reset right away or after the summoning is done? I was up to 5% for both focus and non focus and managed to pull two with one set of 20 orbs.

After the summoning is done, since the contents of the orbs is already decided when you first press summon. The counter won't reset if one of the orbs was a 5* but you didn't open it or anything like that though.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

That seems like most of them so far tbh

Anna's at least seems to be more along the lines of "you may not have looked like I was expecting, but you've proven yourself to be worthy of respect".

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Nobody that thin has breasts that big unless they got a breast aug. Body fat doesn't work that way.

Anime. Your argument is invalid.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Personally I'm just not bothering to do the ones that give badges since lord knows I'm getting enough from the training tower already. I'm pretty sure this weekly quest doesn't have a higher tier version right?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Clarste posted:

Oh, Abel's amazing, no question. But 20k feathers is 20k feathers, and how much better is his 5* version? Also:

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/834297114918129664

Female Robin special map coming out tomorrow. Get a 3* version of her.

So we'll be able to get a good green mage without having to luck into Julia? Good to hear! Also I can confirm, Able is awesome, he's been how I've dealt with all the swordlords in the arena.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Clarste posted:

And maybe Julia is good? I dunno.

Either way, I think we're really lacking in good Red mages. Tharja is considered a second-rate Nino for reasons that honestly aren't very clear to me, Lilina seems generally underwhelming, and the rest of them aren't even worth talking about. Blue obviously has Linde and the other Robin.

Eh, I've got Leo and he has his uses. Quick riposte for example makes it hilarious to bait archers or green mages, so long as you have a good healer. Anyway, I'm looking forward to FRobin because it means I can get someone who's probably a decent green mage without having to rely on pulls.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 22, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Personally, I love my +SPD -RES Able. Helps him fight against other blues.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Dang good roll. Cain is so much better than I thought he would be, I love that dude.

That's Able. :v:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

getting pluses on anything less than a 5* seems like a waste of feathers

Let's say you have multiples of 4* Effie. Would you rather go through the extremely painful approach of making them all 5* (when you could use those feathers on other characters so you can get a more balanced 5* party) or making one of those 4* really good whilst they are 4*?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

sassassin posted:

Just saying if you've got multiple Effies going spare (and units with free A slots) then unlike Est she's a valuable commodity.

Scratch what I said about not having units worth promoting, just spent my last orbs and got 5* Abel and... 4* Abel with -hp +atk.

Ah, yes, Able is rather excellent. He can destroy all sword lords and having a horse means he can get the first strike on them much easier. With him you won't need Ephraim!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, I had saved up a whole bunch of orbs (over 100), used them on the princess banner in hope for lucina, and after pretty much running dry, I finally got a 5*... Ogma. I mean, at least I got Gwendolen so I can do the armour quest now, thats something, but you would not believe how mad Ogma's face made me. I don't suppose anyone here can say if a 5* Ogma is any good or not? I already have a +Def Lyn who fulfills most of my sword needs, but I guess a guy with a Brave sword+ could have their use?

Man, I'm still just really pissed off I used all those orbs only to end up with loving Ogma rather than Lucina or even Eirika. I am officially only going to spend my orbs when there's a green focus now, since I already have decent 5* for red and blue, and not even Lucina is worth the frustration at instead getting a boring sword man, when I already have a decent sword user. So mad at how dumb of an idea fishing for an "upgrade" to my sword girl turned out to be.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

sassassin posted:

I guess they didn't anticipate everyone blowing their entire flag supply in the first two days,

Hey, at least this means that for people like me who didn't use all of them (I still have 500) it will be all the easier to get good personal rank in the next rounds!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

i will probably regret this

Well, at least she's not going to be doubled anytime soon.

Rascyc posted:

Effie or Robin, probably neither unless you want to chase arena scores. If you do then Effie. Robin is only if you are impatient and are having traffic jam problems and need range damage to Idk why anyone would ever promote Abel outside of fandom. Sharena is a better overall blue upgrade.
Able has a brave lance+sword breaker. This means that if he initiates on a sword dude (which is much easier thanks to having a horse) he will hit them 4 times. No sword person can survive this. In my experience (with a 5* mind you) most seem to have trouble with withstanding 2 hits.

Shareena may have overall more utility, but for the express purpose of killing sword people Able is better.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
For some reason, I'm idly wondering what would happen if they had a contest like this, but announced that everyone will get a copy of the winning character! I'm guessing that in this case a bunch of people would get hyped about getting a free Lucina, but I have to wonder what response it would receive exactly from people...

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Lube banjo posted:

this could be close

I like how it says "same" when the lead is only small, makes me wonder if they do anything special, or at least some sort of acknowledgment, in the event of such a "draw". I imagine the most that would happen though is that the guy who got more votes would still win, but they might mention on twitter or in the announcements that they were impressed with how close it was. Perhaps give a few pity feathers (like, 1/5th or the feathers for being a winner) to the loser for putting up such a good fight.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Decided to toss 5 orbs at the gacha, it came up with two blues, a red, a green and a grey.

Picked the green one, got a 5* Nino. Should I keep going or call it quits here?

Do the blues, might get an Effie!

Also, I got a 5* +attack -SPD Nino... how bad/not THAT bad is this?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Can I just say I find it weird that Kagero (titty ninja) and Nino have the same voice actor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Simple question. Brash assault or Vantage for Lyn? Which do you guys think has better synergy with her Sol Katti?