Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone who voted for Trump deserves to die in howling agony. They also deserve to be mercilessly mocked as they do so. Anyone who sympathizes with them deserves the same.

You cannot "educate" these subhumans because education is not something imposed by an outside force; you have to be an active participant in your education. Trying to "educate" a Trump supporter is like trying to calm down a violent abuser; it only makes them more violent and abusive.

gently caress every last one of them and anyone who loves them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

mugrim posted:

Does this go for Clinton primary voters too? It's not like he got there alone.
Nope! Only those who specifically cast a vote for Trump!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I've found a lot of people anxious to move on from Obamaism than I ever saw Republicans anxious to move on from Dubbyaism in 2008, so far

I think he's generally well regarded but it's plain as day to everybody that his approach is not the way forward and, in fact, was not the correct approach even then
Republicans never wanted to move on from Dubyaism because they wallowed in it. They just kept silent afterwards because it was an abject and humiliating failure, and they were eager for anyone who could bring it back , i.e. Trump.

Moving on from Obamaism is basically a measured and reasoned acknowledgment that being measured and reasoned isn't going to do poo poo.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
If progress were generational, we couldn't conceive, much less have, this conversation.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

iirc, there's some good evidence that generational shifts play a big role in shifts in opinion on various subjects (medicine, etc)
I'd need to see those generational shifts broken down by race. The New Deal had holes just big enough for Black Americans to slip through.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

Hannity's "Covfefe in Hebrew means 'we win in the end'"

What the gently caress is this poo poo and how did I miss it?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Do...do assholes require more water than other crops?

I could see maybe manure...

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Please God, give me crabs.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This is beautiful.

“the middle class poor people” really sums up America and the CHUDs in particular.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

etalian posted:

Also the whole self-flagellation bragging about not needing benefits or government help.

@theRealDonaldTrump: I cut off my nose to spite my face and now I don’t have a nose! Please help!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

According to the CDC common causes of death among middle-aged female chuds are:

Cancer
Suicide
Pills
Box wine
Murdered for insurance money

No diabetes. Fake News.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

I have never understood the chud-brained obsession with precious metals.

It's the monetary equivalent of astrology.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Killjoy posted:

give it a fun prompt with a classic chud name and job position and mention Trump, it seems to do a good enough job :shrug:

https://talktotransformer.com

My prompt in bold

Susanna Hornswoggle sits atop a bloody mound of her butchered babies and explains why she voted for Trump.

Her son, a man who she calls "The Big Fat Guy with the Baby," died a few weeks ago. She said she never met him.

"At this point I feel really bad for him because we don't know all of the facts," Hornswoggle said. "He knew what's going on with the drug dealers. The people that are making money off drugs. … It's all over the news now because, you know, what could be the result from an accident on the job? I guess I can't even say whether a doctor was harmed or anything like that.

"It was like an accident, to be honest," she said, adding her son could "just be like, 'Mom, I'm sick. Please do something for me.' "

She said her sons "kept me on good behavior" during the presidential campaign, and the fact that Trump is her candidate doesn't change that.

She said she likes Trump because she thinks he isn't afraid to hold people accountable for what they do.

Hornswoggle said she's concerned about the way Trump is handling violence and terrorism, especially since police have been attacked and killed. Police have to protect the public from these attacks, she said.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

Seriously, this is uncanny.

Jesus, the less info you provide, the more accurate it gets.

quote:

Far left activists have attacked the university for refusing to teach an article on Palestine. A group of activists stormed the campus Tuesday (March 7) demanding an academic freedom study, saying the university is "part of the establishment". University President Robert Barchi reportedly reacted to the attack with his typical defensive stance. According to The Daily Caller, the university announced to the student activists that the students would have their speech disrupted and that they would not be free to speak, the university president even called on activists to go home in protest. However, the students refused to allow these conditions.

A university official, who requested anonymity because of the sensitive environment of the situation, told TheDC that the university could not ban such events, citing First Amendment protections. The university official claimed that the university is under attack from the right because it allows freedom of speech, especially in areas that might be perceived as controversial.

"We are fighting against censorship. We allow free expression in this campus, and we support people who speak out," the official stressed.

"We are not censoring anybody, but if this group wants to interrupt this speech, and disrupt things, we will deal with that."

Many right-wing activists have denounced the decision. Many student leaders, too, have also expressed their outrage, criticizing the university for not respecting their freedom of speech. For example, one student,

quote:

Antifa's recent actions have focused on violence in response to President Trump's "Alt-Right" rally. But the movement is also known for spreading misinformation about the violence at Berkeley. It's been documented that some groups at the rally were responsible for scurrying through the crowd with pepper spray and others began throwing water balloons.

"The police and the public should condemn these actions," Berkman told the audience. "Let's show that the public knows to stand as one. As a community, we will not tolerate these acts against people who represent us and stand against hate."

Berkman said he had a chance to speak to a crowd of about 50 protesters on Monday at the University of Missouri after speaking on stage with the university's student government. "We heard our governor and our city and our state representatives say that, 'If you see something that needs saving … we're committed to it,'" he said.

"I felt like this was a really important time that there was a lot of discussion and the city and state and governor of every state spoke of how grateful they were that the state is helping to clean up and put in place a number of infrastructure improvements that might help us to keep the peace," Berkman said about the rally that began in response to "Unite the Right" last weekend.

"People have said to me how angry they were with me

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This really needs its own thread.

quote:

Rural residents and those living near schools and transit have seen rising prices.

"It was a little bit surprising coming here and actually going and making plans for buying something there and not seeing it happen," said Mike O'Brien, 33, who's lived in the neighborhood for 25 years and said he's always heard of the rising prices for his neighbors but was surprised by the price hikes. He bought a new bicycle last year and plans to buy a car this summer.

O'Brien doesn't pay enough for groceries to survive at his new home near a local hospital. He thinks the price increase may not affect his lifestyle because "I have so many things that come and go. I work the part of a chef, I get myself a barber, I get myself a gardener." But he plans to invest in the area and "will start to notice this trend when people start coming here, or not coming here anymore."

Other local residents agree.

"I'm more optimistic if and when a lot of these (prices) start to go up because I can look at all of this stuff my kids can use, and I don't have to go to the store," said Donna Zemmerle, 59, who has lived in the neighborhood for 23 years.

The average cost of a grocery store in Minneapolis was just under $4.85 last year

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Goddamn.

quote:

Charlie Blanderson is an undecided voter. He has no intention of voting for either of the candidates running for President. After all, he wrote this tweet:

If you vote Libertarian at 4/6 where is your voice? If your voice is a voice in the USA now your silence at an election is deafening! — David Switzer (@DavidSwitzer) April 12, 2016

In fact, Blanderson has already voted in two presidential elections. But when asked about that fact in an interview with Reason TV, he admitted, "I was a little surprised by it." But he added in the video below, "I voted, just not when I wanted to," he concluded.

Blanderson thinks neither candidate has a sound record on gun control:

"I think it's almost hard to find fault with either candidate because for me, that's where I'm from, that's where I love and I've voted for presidents."

Blanderson thinks that voting Libertarian doesn't mean much — it just means that the nation wants to hear from those who say they're "for less government":

"[I]t would help to see the candidates and the candidates' positions and what they believe," he wrote. "But it wouldn't help in the slightest."

[h/t YouTube]

Have a tip we should know? tips

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

Managed to get an interview with everyone's favourite pants-making GBS threads nonce CHUD.

Please publish this alongside my profile of C-SPAM perennial favorite.

quote:

Ben Shapiro is three apples tall. And yet, he's still called a bigot.

Because he believes in free speech.

Because his words are meant to promote "traditional American values."

Because he wants to "protect" our community from radical Islamic terrorism.

Because he thinks the government should be our friend.

So yes, I could have listened to him, but I did it right to the last moment.

Instead, every time one of these opinions comes up in an interview or conversation, Shapiro gets slammed by his opponents.

Some call him a racist. Some call him sexist. Some even call him hateful, calling him "pathetic" and "a man-curse."

"He's hateful. He's hateful."

That's what his friends tell me all day long in person.

They see him as a hateful man. They see him as a hateful American who has shown a complete disregard for free speech and our freedoms.

It makes me sick to know he believes it.

But he doesn't. He believes in it.

Because it is the right thing to do.

You can follow along with me here, but as you can tell by reading all this, that's not just a view. This view is a belief. It's a belief, rooted in reason

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

quote:

In an Appalachian Sweat Mine of the United States, a man has his son killed. It was the same man who made a speech in which he told everyone to "come home."

This is purestrain NYTimes:

quote:

Poor, white Southerners are so used to "whiteness," they think that the term is neutral or even insulting. That is why, for instance, when you hear someone mention "diversity of ideas," you assume that they mean "equal rights for all." The people who speak "whiteness" and "racism" aren't actually saying anything derogatory toward people of color or immigrants. Rather, when they refer to "diversity of ideas," they're referring to the white Southerners who believe that it's somehow racist to talk about race without using the term "diversity" in place of "racism"—a term that is actually racist because it implies that you don't have a right to express racial ideas or think about race without using the word "racist." This attitude is exactly the sort of thing that leads to the kind of "micro-aggressions" that are routinely blamed to justify the mistreatment that many people feel they suffer from people who, in most of the country, are white Southerners.

The fact that there is a long history of white Southerners who believed it was wrong to speak out against the mistreatment of people of color is part of what led to the Southern Poverty Law Center to place an ad this summer warning viewers about the "growing number of white supremacist websites that cater to racist violence, the 'lone wolf'

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Lil Peeler posted:

Hell, there's even a scene where the Republican presidential candidate is asked to give lip service to Iowa ethanol subsidies, but looks at the script and says "gently caress it" because he knows it's a lie.
lmao

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I'd say that this is probably the only election where voting for a shitlib dem is warranted, not because they're the lesser of two evils or anything like that, but because the one thing that we know with perfect certainty about the 2020 election is that Trump will not concede and the republicans will back him all the way.

Bernie will fight. The rest of them will write op-eds extolling the virtues of the principled opposition who are chagrined by Trump's behavior even as they reluctantly refuse to remove him. Then they'll roll over and wait for the judgement of the republican Supreme Court.

Any non-Bernie candidate who wins the election will absolutely eat poo poo. The more certain their win, the more poo poo they'll eat.

America needs to eat that poo poo too.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

Meh. I think people honestly said that/could have said that with the same sense of urgency for the last few elections where a Republican was the incumbent.
Sure, today's situation is in some ways worse than in prior elections. We know that with hindsight. But at the time, the same sentiment was there: "vote for whomever the (D) nominee is because the situation is oh so dire" (and it was!)
No, I'm saying the sentiment is entirely different because the (D) nominee will never become president even if they win decisively. In 2020 Trump will refuse to accept the results if they're not in his favor, the Republican Party will back him up, and the Democrats will fold. The point is to make this all as stark as possible.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

etalian posted:

Can't make up my mind if that story is more hilarious/sad than the Chaldean Iraqis for Trump story.
The Rodriguez story probably has more volume and sheer hilarity, but this sentence from the Chaldean story is absolutely stellar:

quote:

"She heard the sound of her dad cursing in Aramaic before the line went dead."

That could be the final line in some tale of cosmic horror and existential depredation.

Chills.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

There once was a Trumper named Trevor
Hepatitis has silenced forever.
But instructions he gave
To inscribe on his grave:
"Socialized medicine? Never!"

Replacing "Never" with "No, not ever!" makes it scan.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1237919049633247233

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
https://twitter.com/ericlevitz/status/1238487916546056195

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Megabound posted:

Now that's what we call a good start
There are like 50k NYPD members. That’s only .05%. Well below the 2% we were promised.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

cmndstab posted:

:lol: at the guy who thinks that Barr isn't doing enough to protect Trump.

Like, that's literally his entire remit at the expense of every government body he has even the slightest control over.

I think he was referring to Jeff Sessions.

Sessions eating absolute poo poo is maybe the greatest thing about the Trump presidency.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
“Government” is when something bad happens to me.
“Freedom” is when something bad happens to you.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Great, all I wanted was to watch Trump voters die and now I have to read the loving Foundation Trilogy.

You people suck.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
What is it with this slob for some reason eliciting sympathy from the left? I’ve seen it all over twitter with some variation of “he was failed by his surroundings” or “it’s a shame he wasn’t educated.” That’s not how education works. if you educate a bigot you get an educated bigot. How many people did he infect because he is (or was lol!) a willfully belligerent fuckhead?

These motherfuckers are going to be slaughtering school children be the tens of thousands in a month.

It’s just weird to me how this mawkish sentimentality coagulated around a chud who is (or was lol!) indistinguishable from any other chud.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

well judging by other threads people are writing elaborate fan fix where he was actually woke

Good luck getting woke from a dirt nap.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Alabama man
Refused to mask or distance
And now he’s dead lol

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Ron Howard Voice: She did vote period. For Trump.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Herman Cain died of the roni and every announcement is like "It's sad he passed and it's really going to be annoying how people will point out that he thought it was fake and caught it at an open'er up rally" lol

Every announcement is going to start “Please don’t make fun of this dumb, dead idiot.”

https://twitter.com/ellencarmichael/status/1288841949131284480?s=21

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Why does the GOP have such a hate boner for the constitutionally mandated USPS?
The GOP is the Confederacy and they hate the US and its Constitution.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Where should I flee to though? Where to run in a world built of assholes?
Cuba!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Shut the gently caress up about the Bible, it sucks and so do you.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Strangely, I don't think this is going to be true with Trump. It's the one thing I feel optimistic about, that he hosed up this year so spectacularly that he will forever be tied to 300k+ dead Americans and not buying enough vaccine (if that comes to be a problem, we'll see).

There's no rehabilitation, as far as I can see.
If Trump actually leaves office and keeps tweeting, Dems will absolutely rehabilitate him in a hot second. He’ll be a sideshow rather than someone with actual power so they’ll be able to feel smugly superior while encouraging his capering. He’ll love the attention, play into it, and he’ll be hosting SNL within the year.

By March you’ll see Wacky Donald completely normalized. “Sure he helped kill 300k people but remember the McDonalds dinner! LOLOLOL”

It’s not gonna help matters that the McDonalds dinner was loving hilarious and boring-rear end Biden hasn’t done anything but continue to keep kids in cages and give cops free reign to murder anyone they consider Antifa.

The only variable will be how quickly the CHUDs abandon him and that depends on how quickly Trump performs for Hollywood liberals.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

quote:

quote:
Trump expressed disgust on aesthetic grounds over how “low class” his supporters looked. “He doesn’t like low class things,” the adviser said, explaining that Trump had a similar reaction over the summer to a video of Brad Parscale, his former campaign manager, shirtless and drinking a beer in his driveway during a mental health emergency in which police tackled him and seized his weapons. “He kept mentioning, ‘Oh, did you see him in his beer shirt?’ He was annoyed. To him, it’s just low class, in other words.”
Trump, the embodiment of class
Wasn't Hitler disgusted with Mussolini being photographed in a bathing suit because it was low class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

disaster pastor posted:

Joachim Fest, The Face of the Third Reich:

That's the bitch! Thank you!