Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
If you are above the age of 13 and still playing Pokemon, just kill yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Nonviolent J posted:

what if you only play the games that were released before you were 13

You've grown up, stop playing video games for children

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Nonviolent J posted:

what if im a manbaby and i think metal is for babies and metalpocolypse is a cartoon for children

lol

I've just been too lazy to update that. Show went downhill and I haven't found anything worth spending five bux or whatever on.

I haven't pissed anyone off enough to get big red letters or gotten Doug'd.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The best written video game character ever is Charles Barkley in Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden.

You're rught. No other character will ever be written as well as Truckpump extolling the virtues of vidcons before you save.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

like a cigarette should posted:

The brain bore in N64 Turok is one of the best weapons in video games

I don't see how a fact like this could be unpopular.

My opinion: Red Dead Redemption is a better GTA game than all the GTA games.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Espn football 2k5

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Zeroisanumber posted:

EA would focus completely on the multiplayer and forget to include the Secret Order of the Emperor.

No, the Secret Order would be available through paid DLC.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
You guys aren't using Apple Quicktime? WTF

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

hawowanlawow posted:

this thread is getting very bad

Indeed. It is becoming more like Undertale.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Gary Dupre posted:

Lagoon for the SNES is a better Ys like game than Ys itself.

Except for the lovely sword length if you were trying to stab in certain directions. gently caress that.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the Klobb was the best weapon in Goldeneye.

From a statistical POV, no. From a feeling of 'lol I killed you with a Klobb' then yes.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

QuarkJets posted:

That wasn't telltale, it was 11 bit studios. And Frostpunk is a loving sweet game with a great name

Telltale made a million licensed adventure games and Tales from the Borderlands was really the only great one, the rest ranged from okay to bad.

They made the Sam & Max games on PS3, and I enjoyed those. They were good games. Fight me.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Caesar Saladin posted:

There's gonna be a sequel soon, its probably just gonna be more excellent spelunky fun

It loks like another game I'll be really bad at, but still enjoy. poo poo, I haven't even beat Olmec in Spelunky.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Sid Vicious posted:

Which should I get, metal Gear survive or Fallout 4 tia

Red Dead Redemption 2

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Sid Vicious posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn is also in the running please help

Dragon Quest XI

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

The Witcher 3 sucks and I’m glad I’m not alone

There’s dozens of us!

I got it because I kept hearing that 'oh this game is so good, the writing is so good, you gotta play it'

started it, game already throws naked video game lady at me, holy poo poo the combat sucks... never played it again.

maybe I'm missing out, but I can't really be assed enough to care.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It's called Battlechess and it owns

They made a Battle Chess 4000. The pawns were slug monsters, the rooks were robots, the knights were smug looking dudes with lightsabers. It was as rad as the original Battle Chess.

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 20, 2019

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

sebmojo posted:

Skyrim had really good dungeons

The only good dungeon in Skyrim is Blackreach, the bigass underground cave that links a bunch of the Dwemer ruins together.

And maybe that one building where you crash the dinner party of high elves, because gently caress them.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

fridge corn posted:

It is possible to enjoy gaming responsibly in moderation

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on. Let's not say anything we can't take back here.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

bradzilla posted:

Detroit: Become Human is.... good

Its message is heavy handed, but the voice acting, graphics, and general look are solid. The best game David Cage has made so far.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Mario Goes Missing is the pinnacle of Mario and everything since then has been poo poo

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

is pepsi ok posted:

Do the Shantae games count as anime titty games?

Shantae and the Artist's Fetish

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Racing games peaked at RC Pro-Am

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

:wrong:

I know you're not 100% serious but drat racing games are so good now. We could do with more good arcade racers, but sim-racing is incredible at the moment. If I could go back to 10 year old me playing Daytona USA in the arcade and show him my current sim rig he would poo poo his dumb little pants with excitement.

I was just talking about great NES games! Seriously though, I feel like racing sims now are the best they've ever been

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

tango alpha delta posted:

Replaying Dishonored 2 and holy poo poo some of the so called low chaos are pretty loving cruel ways to neutralize your enemies. It'd be almost merciful to end some of them outright.

Are you talking about when you sneak into the investor's mansion and use the torture device to make him incredibly stupid? because that is pretty hosed up.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
The PS4/whatever remake of Secret of Mana was fine

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

galagazombie posted:

Let’s talk about Galaga. Did you know that you can turn your ship into two ships?!

One trick aliens don't want you to know about!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Rutibex posted:

what is the something awful forums game

Zybourne Clock

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

QuarkJets posted:

This is a time honored tradition of AAA "stealth" games. Like even if you're playing a perfect stealth game in MGS3 you're still going to wind up standing in the back of a technical shooting a machine gun

The Dishonored games did stealth very well, and are really good and everyone should play them

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
To continue Doom chat, you can run Doom inside Doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6hnQ1RKhbo

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Killer7 also has the most intense stair climbing music ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJO8uo3UMko

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

dsf posted:

name one good videogame, just one. its literally impossible

Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden: Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley Saga

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

satanic splash-back posted:

Starfield will be skyrim but with guns instead of bows and loading screens that look like space ship doors

It'll be a 9/10 game to most reviewers and it will still have zero fun gameplay and questionable animations because it's skyrim in space

Fallout 4 was already Skyrim with guns

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Outpost22 posted:

All this talk of dark souls has me thinking, could an AI program a game so difficult that even itself is incapable of beating it?

Bubsy 3D exists. Part of the difficulty curve of that game is having to look at it, which can drive someone to insanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Fallout 4 would have been better if you got to Speak as Shroud everywhere. In the Institute, to Eldet Maxson, to the Railroad... just Speak as Shroud all day every day