Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Ha, the arcade kid gives you pierce gun.

I assume the character's 'talk' abilities only work when they match up with the demon's personality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

No, they're just random

My dream of having an crotchety old man as a playable Persona character will never be fulfilled.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Do not 'spend a long time together' with the cat thanks in advance.

What dialog option will ensure that the cat understands our relationship is platonic?

He's out of my league frankly.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Neeksy posted:

(I really hope they don't change that to them saying "milady" because that's way too fedora-tipping for the character.)

They can't do this because Milady is one of the Personas in the game.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Endorph posted:

this is actually a running gag where he has to keep explaining that he's male despite his name

Yes. I am ready to play Persona 5. Give it to me please.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

At first I thought there might be character significance to the fact that the Hermit is Diogenes. Then I realized that, of course, the art is just based on a real tarot where the Hermit happens to be Diogenes.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Igor: All your confidants will be people who society has robbed of belonging.
(seconds later) Igor: BTW, let's be confidants.

Me: Cool, looking forward to that rank 10 reveal.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is there a way to spend time reading at LeBlanc?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

Look none of them ever confront you about it so that means it's okay, right? :v:

You really think he got away with it? How's P3 Protag doing right now? That's right. He's dead.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

darealkooky posted:

take a super long time to make another one atlus, TIA.

Don't worry, ATLUS will not disappoint on this point.

Really looking forward to the catharsis scenes of Makoto actually being a cool motorcycle waifu after the way they're building her up as a fake bad guy.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I thought we were supposed to be swatting lies.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Who could have fit into that vent? You must have been working with short people! Tell me!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

This is also not how I pronounce CooCaLane.

Edit: Hmm, this joke is a lot less funny now that I've learned that my pronunciation of Cú Chulainn is only wrong because of incorrect enunciation.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 28, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

Cool. It's my fav. track in the game so far.

It's a lyrical sequel to the title theme "Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There". I think the choruses use the same chords, but I'm also pretty tone deaf so don't take my word on it.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Sea Sponge Run posted:

have some recently registered trademarks

Obviously it's "Persona 5 Attorney General".

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Are the time slots that I'm getting from Kawakami's confidence bonus slots that didn't exist before or are they replacing +1 knowledge trivia question slots?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

How much money am I going to want coming out of Palace 3 if I want to go whole hog on Temperance and Fortune? I haven't started Fortune yet.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

corn on the cop posted:

Fortune is 100k to start so you'll probably want a decent chunk above that.

Right, but if Fortune is also pay to play I'm probably going to be spending 30k a week, and it might be 4 weeks before the next Palace opens?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

A disgraceful lack of thicc girls

:agreed:

But Ryuji is clearly slamming protein shakes daily and even he doesn't gain any mass.
The magic of the teenage metabolism, I guess.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Palace 3 had poorly paced safe rooms.

My favorite safe room is the one you can't reach until you defeat the mini boss. And there's another safe room on the other side of the door the mini boss was guarding.

How do I ask Kawakami to do stuff for me? Do I have to go to the activity I want to do and then I get a bonus option?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ryuji loving rules. He hates every villain so drat much, is super hyped and excited whenever a new team member joins and gets a bunch of cool moments early and late in the game. And while he's a poo poo in the mid-game that's something the game acknowledges and he apologises for it in a good scene which leads to cool development that brings up themes that are super relevant in end game plot.

Ryuji is my Rowdy Crime-bro.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

If you don't get the kawakami mementos mission by summer break are you doomed to wait an in game month for it?
I got it during the pre palace 4 time skip days and I'm feeling pretty lucky.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Should I
a) Do Palace 4 first so Ann levels up to get Tentarafoo before I do my 7 requests, or
b) Do the 7 requests first so I can get Miishima rank 5 going into Palace 4?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ann isn't going to be much use for Tentarafoo money farming compared to a custom built Joker persona so I wouldn't plan anything around her at any point.

Unless it's planning your entire persona 5 digital adult life around her as your wife because that's fine and cool

I'm just being lazy. I haven't found any persona with confuse yet. Do I need a high luck stat to maximize results?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What are the repeatable kindness boosting actions? I can only think of working at the flower shop.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Moltrey posted:

Go buy some fertlizer from the flower shop in Shinjuku or the underground mall in Shibuya if you haven't unlocked Shinjuku yet and feed that plant in your room son

Yeah, I am, but I need panic time slot actions for if I unlock Futaba without Kindness 4.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

WhiteHowler posted:

One other dumb question. If you give a non-romance response to a Rank 9 S-link, you can still max them, right?

Makoto is my one true waifu, but I'm about to hit rank 9 with Ann.

Can you really claim victory if you don't have the maximum number of people waiting to beat you up on Valentines?
That's the real question.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

sojiro gives you kindness plus you spend time with sojiro

I'm in the coffee zone with that guy. I'm not gonna get any kindness for awhile.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Captain No-mates posted:

I'm midway through June and I'm wondering if the coffee shop owner's social link is story gated? I'm only on rank 3 but I've hung out with him like 3 times with a same type persona but we're still not going to get closer next time.

That curry recipe is a secret.

Endorph posted:

you get the same amount of s. link exp for sojiro from making coffee as you do from hanging out with him and you can do it on days he isn't even 'available' for s. links so yeah

Do you get s. Link with Sojiro when Kawakami makes the coffee?
Does Kawakami get s. Link with Sojiro when she makes the coffee?
Will Futaba appreciate her new mom?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There are.

It's much easier to do everything on NG+ obviously and there are a small number of dialogue choices gated by stats but they're not significant in importance or amount.

Is it just ice burn Igor and catch the chalk?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Ross Perowned posted:

It's like a challenging worker-placement euro board game, and the MC is the meeple.

This is why Kawakami is the best confidant.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I'm not sure why they even make any effort to choose thematic lyrics then, but I'm glad they do.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Does Shadow Calculus work on new enemies or does it just pull analysis information from stuff you already know? Not that it matters yet since I need 5 charm first.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Harrow posted:

That's cold, Ann :colbert:

"Oh, he's just my boy toy."

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Harrow posted:

"Call her Master Kawakami"

I think this is my favorite line in the entire game so far.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Walrus Pete posted:

Replace Mishima with Mysterious Fox imo

Don't change anything else about the game, just straight up replace Mishima's character with a fox.

"Ain't nothing in the rulebook that says a [fox] can't play [volleyball]."

Also Kamoshida is now also guilty of animal abuse. That monster.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Tora's extortion methods are nice, but wait til you try the Mementos confusion trick.

I went into mementos with 250k, and came out with 2 mil.

You are a slave to money, want emancipation?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Can you use Fortune's compatibility readings multiple times in a day?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

Nope, once a day.

It was still on the list when I went back for a luck reading, so for a moment I was thinking I could complete all my confidants by dumping a million yen right there and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I chumped the Palace 4 boss, because there's a repel phys persona at level 35. She did 2400 damage to herself with her big splash attack.