Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

THC posted:

some more Marc Emery receipts came in recently (thread, :nms:)

https://twitter.com/deidrelolsen/status/1081341790828019713

Really was only a matter of time with that gently caress. He didn't even hide his behaviours out in the open. His wife was better off when he was in prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Accretionist posted:

Under Harper, Canadian scientists were silenced about climate change. Phone calls were monitored. Scientists were threatened, ruined. They would be followed around by government minders. It's pretty hosed up.

Harper created a whole bureaucracy for it. Also concerned media in general.

Books and journals were literally burned and thrown into the garbage during his reign.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Another Bill posted:

Donald Trump just pardoned motherfucking Conrad Black

They can keep him.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Love it

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Just read an article that in B.C there's a mandate to use roundup on forests to make sure aspens don't make up more than 30% of forests because they're not as profitable for logging as evergreens. Turns out aspen trees are natural firestops though!

That is mindbogglingly stupid on several fronts. Enjoy your non-Hodgkin's lymphoma cancer next forest fire, citizens.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Lol I didn't think I could dislike this little shitweasel more, but here we go. Every couple weeks I get some mail dropped off thats basically if a facebook meme your racist uncle shared was written by someone paid by the word.

He looks like Solomon from the movie "Gummo"

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I work in healthcare.

It's loving insane.

No one listens.

I have no mouth and I must scream.

Healthcare worker here too. I hear you, brother. :psyboom:

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

https://twitter.com/TristinHopper/status/1165298959440465920?s=19

A cool thing about Twitter is that you don't have to ponder to yourself which of the people in media are sociopaths (it's all of them)

Jesus gently caress. He totally got off sexually murdering that raccoon. He didn't even use his foot there is a big bloody rock right beside it.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

DariusLikewise posted:

thats weird because tim hortons donuts are cooked at a factory in norway i think?? then freeze dried and sent overseas here where they get reheated in a special oven and splattered with lovely glaze

What the gently caress!?!? For real? That's atrocious. What a bunch of swindlers. Doesn't sound any better than a 7-11 donut.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Arivia posted:

Are you sure? There was probably a lot of it scattered on the ground at the crash site.

Ahahahaha :hfive:

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Drake is a child rapist

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Fashionable Jorts posted:

BC green party are just conservatives that smoke weed drive Teslas.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

I miss web 1.0 :(

I'm amazed at the lack of ad's.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Frosted Flake posted:

Someone tell me if I should delete this, I’m not sure how classified this is, but the Navy has floated the fleet.

That is to say, they have put the ships to sea to seal them off from COVID.

More plague ships!

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Human piñata for future Costco go-ers.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

If they are traitors can we execute them?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

vyelkin posted:

lmao so yesterday canada reported only 148 new cases, down from 226 the day before

sounds good, right? no more exponential growth!

except those numbers are because british columbia, the most affected province, just didn't report numbers while everywhere else reported steady or increasing growth

so basically what im saying is get ready for a big jump in numbers today as BC reports two days' numbers at once

ffs

they need to commit to a shelter-in-place policy right now. I've been really disappointed in the provincial gov'ts response with everything and limiting themselves to half-hearted reactive measures when a citizen reports on our population being stupid assholes.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Are beans really hard to grow in a northern climate? Also just wondering how many plants you need to get a good harvest from them.
Thinking about growing thos beans

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Rutibex posted:

this will be your best bet once society collapses:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Sisters_(agriculture)

That's hella apocalyptic.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Found out Marc Emery is a terf today lol

Marc Emery is a *lot* of bad things. He isn't even a feminist. Him losing social and political power was the second greatest thing legalizing weed has done.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Yeah it was all white people doing the rioting, and the premise is that with the influx of Asian immigrants the whites in the city have lost their "tribe" and have nothing else to invest in besides sports, so to build up the hope and have it dashed had a psychological impact on all the stupid white loving idiots who think their identity hinges on being totally homogenous with their surroundings

I was right in the middle of the 2011 riots and witnessed myself that multiple ethnicities taking part in the looting and everything was being smashed indiscriminately. I recall lots of university and college students were saying they were going to riot and loot if Vancouver lost to Boston, days prior to the final match, because like others have said: we have a history of it (the 1994 riot). It had nothing to do with race.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Renaissance Spam posted:

Did it have anything to do with economic issues? The argument I heard was folks were still infuriated over the tax issues raised by the Olympics and this was a pressure valve.

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

The hockey riot happened because Canadians are extremely atomised and don't have any concept of community whatsoever, so if someone decides we want to have a riot just to have something to do and they find an excuse based on hockey or whatever, nobody has any good argument why they shouldn't. Why shouldn't they go out and smash some windows? Vancouver has never done anything for any of them, what do they care what happens to it?

They weren't even mad, they're just dumb and had nothing else to do. The most Canadian possible riot.

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol

it was about hockey

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Actually one thing I do remember is, when the aftermath had settled, people were trying to blame "outside agitators" from Surrey and Burnaby for the riots happening and that it absolutely could not have been high and mighty "Vancouver City, Best Place On Earth(TM)." Now I see that they're doing the same thing with the protesters in the cop riots.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

More like Soloman from Gummo.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Juul-Whip posted:

BC "Libertarian" party signaling its support for the "freedom rally" this past weekend in Vancouver that was lousy with far-right Trump supporters, QAnon, Sons of Odin, and PPC goons

lol what a loving mess of a party

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

The popular video game "Stellaris" has Alberta wiped off the map by a meteor when you play The United Nations of Earth in the game. I'd like to think that it contributed heavily towards the Star Trek Federation direction the empire takes.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

priznat posted:

Launch them into space, Astro-TERFs

It boggles my mind that the NDP has Moe Sihota as the NDP spokesperson on CBC Radio 1 all the time.. He was kind of one of the (actual) worst guys from that era.

They never go away. Even after 30 40 years.

Entorwellian has issued a correction as of 22:49 on Dec 10, 2020

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Reality Protester posted:

has anyone been able to get vaxxed yet? americans can schedule shots at their pharmacy and there's little eligiblity checking. my paramedic friend got one through work but that seems like a big goop to jump through.

I got vaxxed with Pfizer yesterday and I'm scheduled for my next one in.... July :(. I work with older at-risk adults and the vaccine roll out for us employees has been awful. Technically I was eligible for a vaccine in February but the website and person on the phone said that it was the responsibility of the employers to get us registered for vaccines. I haven't heard a single thing from work, and the BC CDC's list of who is eligible is vague at best, so I got my doctor to get me a permission letter since I have a compromised immune system. The person I talked to over the phone also had little idea about the eligibility of me since the requirements are changing from day-to-day. Even though I had my doctor's letter and my employee card where I worked to prove, I got harassed by one of the directors there for being the a young person in the line-up for getting vaccines. There was another young person there, but they targeted me for god knows what reason and was implying that I shouldn't be there. I pointed the other young person out to the director and asked "why aren't you harassing her?" to no reply, and they let me through to one of the vaccine stations.

I've had problems with the handling of the entire pandemic and the health authorities from the very beginning of the pandemic to now. I'm 100% disappointed and frustrated with the handling of every step by the B.C. government and the Fraser Health authority region, from the precautions and no mask mandates, refusing to close schools, hosed-up requirements of having to have more than one physical symptom to get Covid tested, and the vaccine roll out itself. It's absolutely dysfunctional and I don't feel like I'm being hyperbolic when I say that anyone out there with a compromised immune system is a sitting duck for this virus in the province. At the very least, everyone living in the Fraser Health region are getting sub-par service. I can not imagine what the people in Interior and Northern Health are going through, but I imagine its worse.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Goosed it. posted:

I got vaccinated yesterday because my work is in a hospital. I'm wfh right now but they sent out a message saying all staff yet to be vaccinated were eligible so I jumped. Nobody even checked my ID or asked about my eligibility at the vaccine site.

Everything that is happening in BC is so hosed right now. 10% test positivity (including those industry tests) in the province yesterday and Bonnie Henry and Adrian Dix have nothing to say about it.

Kids go back to school on Monday with no masks. Teachers should refuse to work.

100% agree with you. They should be up in arms about it.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

The cargo bay in Battlestar Galactica was the car loading dock on the BC Ferries.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Mister Speaker posted:

That's actually the Colonial One's cargo bay. :smug:

You shouldn't feel proud to know that fact.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Congrats to everybody for getting their shots.

How have side effects been for those who had them already? For me, I had a fever and body aches and a bit of a headache for like 6 hours later in the day after I had the AZ vaccine.

Pfizer vaccine recipient here. I had a pretty bad reaction to it for several weeks. I had a very sorry arm for two days then followed up by dizziness, headaches and bouts of dyspepsia that would come and go. I'm way better now but I'm not looking forward to the second shot too much. I just keep telling myself that the reaction is a good thing because it kicked my immune system into gear.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Got my second dose a week ago of Pfizer. It wasn't nearly as bad as the first dose, but I still had a sore arm and headache for 2 days.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

What, not like there's going to be any punishments handed out (except maybe a "comedy" probe for me :newlol:), I wouldn't sweat it

Narc

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Oh my god shut up.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Some questions for mods or really anyone:

1) is murder a crime in Canada
2) is arson a crime in Canada
3) is instructing someone to commit murder or arson a crime in Canada
4) in Canada, is the status of a crime impacted by it being consciously targeted against a person based on a distinctive or identifiable cultural, ethnic, or religious characteristic
5) how do you then spin that as fine and nothing to worry about

Why did you narc to QCS about this? You kind of shot yourself in the foot doing that.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It rules, this will assuredly be filed under "reasons why CSPAM should be kept open indefinitely" hence letting the no-punishment play out

also: gently caress off

Entorwellian has issued a correction as of 22:14 on Jun 27, 2021

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It doesn't matter whether it's me or anyone else who's actually putting it into words- by letting Kazinsal skate, you acknowledge that this is a forum where it's acceptable to explicitly call for a hate crime- I for one do not find that acceptable. I'm not even sorry if I'm the only one but that's just where I stand. I'm disappointed but ultimately not surprised.

Then loving leave, narc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I will excuse myself from the thread if someone can elucidate conclusively and unmistakably why what Kazinsal posted is not a crime in Canada. Otherwise, I don't think we're done here. Explain like I'm a Mountie :tipshat: or the inevitable judge

Get out already. How are you this dense?