Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I know a Ukrainian guy who definitely fits that description. Crazy fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Trump is at -14 with Rasmussen.

https://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

538 adjusted that down to -20. Negative. Twenty.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Congratulations everyone! We've officially beat out Spain for most deaths worldwide from Corona. USA #1! :911:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

blue states with special guest Ohio

I'm going to laugh so hard if Ohio goes blue under the rationale of "Trump tried to kill us and Biden is basically Kasich anyways."

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Woke Steak-umm is the best part of the hallucination my brain is using to distract me from the fact that in reality, it's 2015 and I'm bleeding out on the side of I-90 near Rochester in my flipped Hyundai.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Trump is touting that he's making oil prices go up because it makes his oil industry friends happy. He doesn't care what the average person wants and never did.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

thank you dude who really needed to post Elizabeth Warren getting raped by a dog fiction

:what:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

look at his rapsheet

Oh, I didn't notice you quoted mcmagic; I've had him on ignore since forever. I thought it was about the tweet.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

*He did so much good... but gently caress, you can't forgive Vietnam.

He was also a sex pest.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

We don't need more pickup artists in this country KM

She's REALLY good at negging, tho. :v:

KillHour fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 17, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Koalas March posted:

I hope I have birthright citizenship. Otherwise I think I'm gonna head out West. I heard it's a long trip but there's great opportunity waiting to be seized.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You can add Buffalo to that idiotic map. People around here are driving around at 5 mph blasting their horns.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

So does that mean everyone convicted of a crime without a unanimous jury gets a mistrial or what? That's a huge deal.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

WOWEE ZOWEE posted:

This CNBC article claims that the oil price will go back to $20 after contracts expire tomorrow:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/04/20/this-oil-price-crash-isnt-as-bad-as-it-seems-heres-why.html

Still, it's some bad timing for Trump.

$60 in arbitrage per barrel is probably enough for random warehousing companies to start saying "Yeah, we can hold this poo poo for a month and pay someone to deliver it somewhere else."

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Koalas March posted:

I have no one else to share this with so I apologise: MY PUA HAS MOVED FROM SUBMITTED TO PROCESSING!!! It has been days. I'm not approved yet but there is loving movement yay! 😭😭😭

:woop: congratulations KM. I hope everything works out for you

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

We are not getting out of this unscarred.

Well, you didn't, at least. :smug:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

https://twitter.com/sabrinaeaton/status/1253795368476856327

In case you forgot in the last five minutes that Trump is the dumbest man alive

I'm guessing this "device" is just an ozone generator?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

abused my mod powers to edit your post to timg it for phonepeople :mad:

Why are you phone posting without using the app?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

But this time he’s hurting the right people at least.

Desperate sick people?

:yikes:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

aw man. that dead chud in the buzzfeed article was the same from a few days ago. was hoping for some new blood :smith:

This is still gross.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Do I really have to explain why it's bad to hope more people die?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Paracaidas posted:

A hefty :rolleyes: at the 18% who've gone full Thanks Obama

A decade from now, there will still be people who blame Obama for everything. I'm hoping it's an option on pretty much every poll moving forward and becomes our version of "Attack Japan."

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

This is a non-sequiter. Not voting is still participating in "the system." Hoping that if Trump wins again, the Democrats will elect AOC is trusting the system to work. You are the person standing there thinking "This system is garbage - I hope the high priest dies of natural causes soon." If your problem is with the system itself (i.e., the specific form of representative democracy in use in the US), the only way to fight that system from outside of it is to forcibly overthrow it. Show up at the Democratic convention with a bunch of people and try to force electors to vote Sanders - bribe them, blackmail them, prevent the ones who refuse from voting. Anything less is admitting that the system is, in fact, the system, and we have no choices beyond what group of innocent people gets sacrificed. Saying "I'm not going to participate in voting on which people get sacrificed" doesn't actually save anybody and doesn't change the system. You're the "And yet you participate in it. I am very smart." guy.

Also, you're image-leaching from Reddit.

Edit: didn't see the new general election thread sorry

KillHour fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 1, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Didn't his lawyers promice the SEC that he'd stop doing this poo poo?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

evilweasel posted:

this is a statement of personal opinion, as opposed to a (false) statement of a material fact

now, i feel like there has got to be some way for tesla shareholders to sue him for this though

If his 'opinion' tanks their stock, that's breach of fiduciary duty, no?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Alamoduh posted:

I can’t believe that you don’t believe that Tesla is worth more than Ford, GM, and Mercedes Benz combined. It’s just science!

Share price needs to be multiplied by the number of outstanding shares to be compared like that! :eng101:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_capitalization

Edit: I just looked it up and you did do that - Tesla's market cap is 6.5x Ford's. :suicide:

Double edit: Tesla has double the market cap of loving VAG. VAG owns Volkswagen, Audi, Lamborghini, Porsche, Bentley, Ducati, Skoda, Bugatti...

Guys, I... I think Elon musk is right.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 2, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

Also weather forecasts are pretty loving accurate and have been for a long time now.

Fake news. NOAA doesn't know poo poo.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Wouldn't that be incredible. You always hear about the cases where someone has a head injury and becomes an irascible, aggressive fascist sympathizer but never the other way around.

For the same reason you never drop a broken egg and end up with an intact one. Being a horrible person means your brain is broken and breaking it more isn't going to fix it.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

It's very easily disproven and people point it out every time. He doesn't care and just keeps saying it.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You know RateMyProfessor.com? Maybe there’s that but for politicians.

This would literally be the most toxic place on the internet.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Holy poo poo, a company exec with balls.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/z3bjpj/amazon-vp-tim-bray-resigns-calls-company-chickenshit-for-firing-protesting-workers

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I hope Trump is in the WH situation room right now, fuckin' apoplectic and screaming at Pompeo.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Fart Amplifier posted:

https://twitter.com/baraGodzilla/status/1258682943716782080

For a fun game, watch this whole video and see if a) You can guess the product and/or service being sold before the end b) if you can avoid screaming

I was like "What's so bad about this" and then the product reveal happened and I just started yelling "NO" over and over and my dog started barking and now I'm dead.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Stickman posted:

ICE plans to deport five individuals with active COVID symptoms. To Haiti. On a plane.

Apparently we’ve already sent 70 asylum seekers we’ve infected to Guatemala.

Can't countries just deny the flight plan? I can't imagine any country being willing to accept a plane known to contain anyone infected.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its nice to see a protester who actually knows how to hold a gun.

Black Panthers have been doing shows of force for more than half a century. They were an actual organized political party, not just some tacticool hicks.

Edit: I'm not sure what organizational structure is left there, though, since the party is defunct.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 11, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Onion called. They want their headline back.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Koalas March posted:

There's several Black Panther splinter groups and people calling themselves Black Panthers, and New Black Panthers not affiliated with the NBPP unless those guys specifically say they're the NBPP (if they did, I missed it, their garb has the old school BP panther so idk) I wouldn't get all up in arms.

Apparently the lovely NBPP got sued by the original BPP for using their logo and still hasn't stopped, so it's evidence in favor of the "they're probably from the lovely ones" argument.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Isn't inflation going down a good thing?

No. Steady, controlled inflation is a good thing and is a sign of a healthy economy. The fed likes to keep it around 2%, IIRC. That chart shows inflation going negative.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation_targeting

Edit: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflation

KillHour fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 12, 2020

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Monetary theory says that a constant inflation rate of roughly 2% is ideal. What it does is it allows the economy to build its contracts around a relatively reliable inflation rate. This allows things like interest rates to intelligently calculate the value of money 10 years 15 years in the future and so on. If the inflation rate drops below the expected inflation rate then it hurts people who are in debt because the debt obtained on the assumption of a 2% inflation rate ie that your dollar would be worth less 10 years or 15 years down the line. As such you paid a higher interest rate upfront because of that. An interest rate that's around 2% also tends to encourage money to continue to flow in the economy. If it's too low or even deflationary then it encourages people to save money or essentially stuff it in their mattress rather than spending it on goods and services in the economy.

Since money is just a means of exchange and doesn't really have any inherent value in it stuffing it away in your mattress doesn't really improve the lives of people.

It also leads to poo poo like banks offering negative interest rates on savings accounts because otherwise they'll bleed money, so now nobody wants to keep their money in banks, so they bleed money anyways.

It's also a bad sign because the cause of deflation is people not being willing to spend money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Did we just go deflationary? I know that everything is too chaotic to read much into anything economic right now beyond "poo poo it is hosed up," but that would be superbad.

The chart literally says yes. We're at about -5% annualized inflation.

Edit: better chart:

KillHour fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 12, 2020