Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Slowpoke! posted:

Is this the Ducktails thread?

:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Can't vote by mail if there's no mail taps forehead

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Pomeroy posted:

He's not wrong, but it's not just down to folks being stupid. These aren't working people who want to go back to work, these are small business owners who want their employees back to work, funded by Betsy Devos and her millionaire ilk.

https://twitter.com/jeremyscahill/status/1251877070621290496

Do we have receipts here cuz idk this feels like left version of Sorosizing poo poo otherwise

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Hahaha, coworker of mine is giving a presentation on COVID's effect on crude prices this week. He said poo poo was going to get real regarding storage soon but he didnt exactly predict negative prices.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Don’t forget to factor in the cost of the actual barrels!

This is literally the problem. They don't know the effects of stopping production on wells under active fracking so they don't want to stop pumping but they're run out of barrels.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Food $400
Utilities $85
Clothing $40
Barrels $1600
Oil -$100

Somreone who is good at the economy help, My family is drowning in sludge

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
watching the cnbc ticker is like seeing a pair of neutron stars inspiraling

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=@CL.1

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
"gently caress"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

Gotta get those EPR bullets somewhere.

OPR. They got a goddamned captain standing there like they're offering $5 footlongs.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Crain posted:

And in reality it's more likely other countries start restricting travel from the us without a quarantine due to how poorly we're handling the pandemic.

Would love to see Donny's face if suddenly his rich sycophants can't summer in Europe.

I'm worried it's going to be written so broadly as to revoke green card and HB-2 status.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Why is every single Trump tweet getting 100k+ likes within a couple hours now. It was in the 30-60k not too long ago.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

i am harry posted:

Social media platforms have a problem with bots. :themoreyouknowstar:

Yeah I get that but why now and not, say, during the impeachment trial or other times. Like today specifically they seem inflated.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

One might apply this principle to their presidency.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Mat Cauthon posted:

There's no way Trump goes away if he loses. He will post up in Mar-a-Lago (the winter White House) and style himself as the true US government in exile, commenting on and injecting himself into every single thing that happens, until he dies. Maybe he'll revive those "TrumpTV" plans. Maybe he'll keep doing rallies and dangle around the idea of running again in 2024 for his base - the networks will certainly cover them. Look at how much the fat gently caress tweets now, with the most serious job on the planet, and imagine how ever-present he'll be when he's unemployed.
The difference being when he's no longer president he can't follow up his batshit tweets with Executive Orders.

Personally I think he'll buy OANN.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

This dude called 911 to report himself two hours trying to carrying out his plan. Glad he has easy access to "machineguns!"

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Otteration posted:

Hundreds protest in Sacramento against stay-at-home order
sfgate.com/May 23, 2020
"Hundreds of protesters rallied outside the state Capitol on Saturday to protest against California's stay-at-home orders even as residents entered the Memorial Day weekend with newly expanded options for beachgoing, barbecuing and shopping.

The rally to demand that Gov. Gavin Newsom lift his restrictions on business, religious gatherings and other activities took on the atmosphere of a political rally and festival on a closed-off street."
Weird. I grabbed a pizza from a joint on the other side of the Capitol, maybe six blocks away. Had no idea this was going on. Hell I though there was much less foot traffic than usual for a nice Saturday. Think I saw a black pickup with related crap scrawled on it though.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Faustian Bargain posted:

Twitter does the most tepid thing possible besides doing literally nothing and now you think they are going to go against big daddy?

Thing is, it doesn't matter. This response, tepid as it is, has crossed the Rubicon and Twitter can never go back. If there's one thing Trump's dementia-riddled mind never forgets it's vendetta, and Twitter will now forever be in his crosshairs. Expect F&F to 'call out' Twitter for 'restricting free speech,' followed by Trump instructing Barr (via tweet ofc) to open up an investigation of Twitter's 'violation of free speech' soon.

That may not lead to anything unless Barr tries real hard to manufacture something, but the poo poo show will be entertaining nonetheless.

This tiny, tiny push from Twitter is going to have an utterly hilariously disproportionate response. I can't wait.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Faustian Bargain posted:

Twitter will bend to the slightest amount of push back and will not put any more disclaimers on Trump tweets. Trump will claim victory and keep tweeting.

Doesn't matter. The deed's been done.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Dick Trauma posted:

I expect it will be the usual whole lot of nothing. Trump talks a lot of poo poo, poops out an EO and moves on to the next outrage while the media whips itself into yet another 12 hour frenzy.

It'll probably tie up some lawyers at Twitter for the weekend though which is kindof funny

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Even Trump poo poo on the cops who killed Floyd.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

Why hasn't Twitter just deleted his account? It would be so easy and funny.

I'd laugh my rear end off for 30 minutes until the ICBMs hit San Francisco, but after that I'm pretty sure I'm well in the fallout path :(

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/courtneygodfrey/status/1266135964763795457

drat they pled the fifth

welp, we tried but they got away with this one, sorry to say

Yeah, sucks.

But at least now that the investigation is over, there's no need to have other cops guarding their houses.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/JuanInBerlin/status/1266137365212471297

what a perfectly ordinary looking white guy in an umbrella just smashing windows at random

:staredog:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
That cop is going to be loving Epsteined before he's even arrested lmao

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Arglebargle III posted:

Seems like they gave up on that and just started a bonfire.

There's several inches of water on the floor.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
uhhhhhh okay thats scary

(e: apologies for the tviv; word on UR is the precinct building is about to blow up from a ruptured gas main. there was someone on the roof not too long ago)

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

There might not be a debate going on, but this feels like a fine time to tviv.

Reminds me of the Berlin Wall doing down live on TV.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Abner Assington posted:

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts."

WHAT THE FUUUUCKKKK AHHHHHHH

Every white gun nut in the state 💯 saw that as a call to arms.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Hadn't heard this until now: George and the cop worked together for 17 years as bouncers at a restaurant.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1266238113409458178?s=20

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Trump is going to preemptively pardon those 4 cops isn't he

Can't pardon state crimes.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

for those keeping score 'professionally organized' means 'Soros funded'

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Logan 5 posted:

Barr knows this. This loving toady is just using the phrase cause Trump wants an easy bad guy his base is already primed to believe is behind everything thanks to Fox, and now even if legally it still doesn't matter, they know that by continually applying the phrase they push their narrative. Doesn't even matter that antifa isn't and has never been that kind of organization.
There is a really dark part of my mind right now that thinks outlawing something as nebulous as 'antifa' is pretext to imprison Lee Carter, AOC, and the rest of the progressives before moving on to the Democratic Party in general.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Guze posted:

400k in DC ads cause he's mad at the TV.

Lol

Why don't they just bring back the Gorilla Channel?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

This has the air of capitulation about it.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I take it the boxing ring to the right is for you to beat the poo poo out of your landlord.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

AlternateNu posted:

So, I had a roommate for 10 months while attending some military training in Monterey, CA.

Lollll what language were they making the guy learn

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Soros gotta get his counterprotesters from somewhere :shrug:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

CuddleCryptid posted:

Malls are even open?

Mall attendance is mandatory in Texas.

Adbot