Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Oglethorpe posted:

fifth third bank down 15% lol

more like fifth three%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol did whoever mentioned the discord accidentally summon Blitz7x here?

the pisstape finder?

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
niumber

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

they didn't want to compromise at Third Fifth

oh my god

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

legalize bigamy

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

post-pandemic world

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Xaris posted:

lol intel is such a stupid loving company, so of course feds just gave them billions of people's money for free

dude it's called intel, do you think they are not literally the feds

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Euphoriaphone posted:

Best park in my area? Also McDonald's. Best tacos? McDonald's.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Xaris posted:

where you been

also buy NFLX puts. its rapidly getting flushed down the toilet

never bet against the military industrial complex

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Why can't this horseshit die for good?

maxwellhill posted:

never bet against the military industrial complex

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

dxt posted:

pepperony and chees

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

how much money is the prick about to inherit

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

All Disney theme parks should be nationalized, even (especially) those on foreign soil (...)

already happened from day one :)

https://twitter.com/JimmyFalunGong/status/1378474308339699714

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

do you get the "it's like a roll of nickels poo poo in my mouth" taste too?

some of the richest men in the world would pay good money for that.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
sleeping is awesome

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
gently caress

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
And I'm told the ice cream is on the side because "it makes the President happy." Me too, Joe.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
does this thread keep showing the same final page on different days for anyone else, or do i live in groundhog day

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

Serious question why can't you put the food in the oven while it's still cold and just keep it there longer?

Like obviously if it's 30 mins of preheat and 20 mins to cook it's not going to be a linear sum of 50 mins without preheating since it'll already be cooking on the way there but why wouldn't it work otherwise?

one of the reasons to salt meat is just to draw water out for less heat-sink effect to it can spend less total time cooking, because "extra time spent cooking" is so bad for certain food quality

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
they were definitely just anti-maskers angry the staff reminded them of the year 2020

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
it's covid. nothing else is half as contagious as covid. the chance of getting anything else circulating is vanishingly small with that in play. they have covid. you have covid. everybody does.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Bastard Tetris posted:

oh god that was a TWT thing, nevermind

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Xaris posted:

the brits are disgusting but jacket potatos are good

nah gently caress that, Rime was right about those

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

PawParole posted:

I’ve no doubt that cobalt mining is horrific, but all I see in that video is Congolese people standing around, presumably handing bags of ore to each other. What am I supposed to see?

bags are heavy

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Mola Yam posted:

total and complete economic collapse this year. 100% locked-in.

inshallah and jinxed

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

is pepsi ok posted:

The entire American Idiot album never mentions Bush or anyone in the Bush administration by name, nor does it mention anything specific that Bush did.

It's the perfect time capsule of 2000s era "bad things are bad" politics.

"one nation controlled by the media" uh pretty sure it's the other way around. and here they were doing damage control for the same nation

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
i had a dream last night about flathead screws because of this

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

blatman posted:

h-type looks like a huge nerd

my percolator has those so nerds can't take it apart with a flathead

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
torx heads still strip, square is best

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Xaris posted:

since economics = consumption, just fyi aliexpress is having their winter sale in about 8 hours. it's basically if Prime Day didn't suck entire rear end. going to pickup a TS101 soldering iron, some insanely powerful flashlights, some powerbanks, and another 100-pack of melamine sponges. also if anyone needs a 4TB NVME, they've got em for $25. if you want your cheap junk, might as well get 'em directly from the source for 1/2 the price of amazon.

yo i just tried this, the prices shown on AliExpress to new members are a scam. they purposefully show a modified version of every item price. each price shown to you has had an invisible "Welcome Deal" applied since you're new (or not logged in), and there's nowhere on the page where the real price is spelled out. but in reality the "Welcome Deal" is one-item-only, and so when you add dozens of supposedly cheap items to your cart, at checkout you find that all but one of them became way more expensive. it's a classic bait and switch, a gently caress-you to first time shoppers to get them to commit to picking out a full cart based on fake prices

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Mr Hootington posted:

Are you saying the houthis deserved to be bombed?

i knew who posted this before i scrolled up to reveal the name. god, what worthless white noise we are all stuck dealing with here every day

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

maxwellhill posted:

i knew who posted this before i scrolled up to reveal the name. god, what worthless white noise we are all stuck dealing with here every day

Mad Wack posted:

if you put him on ignore it cleans up tons of c-spam threads nicely

pathetic to probe these long after the fact when no one will see

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
literally all of hootington's posts are attempts to sow division among people who come here. hmmm i wonder what could be happening

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

send them the "ricky gervais principle" article

hell yeah, love to see this in the wild

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
sourdough starter

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

SKULL.GIF posted:

$50-$70 used to buy you Chrono Trigger which would last your kid 2 months if not longer unless they were a smart kid with an actual attention span and able to finish RPGs

Woke Mind Virus posted:

I could easily smash this in 2 days

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

DickParasite posted:

IME Australians all write emails with the passive voice. It's the weirdest thing.

oh gently caress this explains the primitive technology guy's youtube captions

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
lmao death to teach

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

thechosenone posted:

Personally while I agree climate change is bad and is gonna be especially bad for less privileged people, I think saying the world is doomed suspiciously seems to imply that China is doomed, which I doubt coming from anyone given how on the ball they are and how everything that has said they were doomed here to fore has been full of poo poo.

Now if you wanted to say that 90-99% of everyone who is or is living in a country that is a dog of the U.S. empire is doomed due to living somewhere that has no intention of properly responding to the changes to the climate, I'd say you've got a point there.

hahahahaha ahahhaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The US government literally used to do this with any number of foods, which provided a floor for food commodity prices and also provided for food banks.

e: looks like they still do it
https://www.fns.usda.gov/csfp/commodity-supplemental-food-program

do cans really last forever though? i opened a can of tomatoes yesterday, noticed after i opened it that it had lightly squirted the entire wall. expired. threw it out, found another can of the same thing. also expired. tried opening it, this time pointing it at the sink. POW -- it went off like a gunshot. my ears were actually ringing quite hard.

if this is what food actually does in long term storage, then we are proper hosed without supply chains for long