Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/themexicanfurby/status/1524775111961845761?s=21&t=KcJnRxhUj3inAI6_bs0Mxw

I love how everyone gets away with turning it into “does business with Saudi Arabia” instead of “gets paid to make propaganda for Saudi Arabia”

The fuel in the AEW trucks? Refined from crude oil. A lot of it coming from Saudi. CHECKMATE AEWAILURES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I didn't know Wardlow WARPIG was in upper management, good for him I guess?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Hoss Corncave posted:

I'd pay a lot of money to see Nicholas Cage in a death match. Or a cage match with Christian Cage, while Brian Cage looks on in annoyance from the crowd because he's not being used.

Christian Cage vs Brian Cage in a cage match with Nicholas Cage as the ref

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Folks be serious. If the referee is part of the match, and not invisible that means they can influence it, either directly by screwing with someone, or being offered bribes etc, or indirectly, by them being distracted in some way, and this behaviour would be unacceptable in pro wrestling.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

:laffo:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Is NoDQ any good? They followed me on twitter but I'm not sure if they're chuds or not

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Weird how often people who...compete? in lucha libre can seamlessly transfer their not-pro-wrestling skills into pro wrestling. Weird that for example New Japan & Dragongate send their young wrestler to Mexico to compete in this not wrestling artform? And I think NOAH just sent Junta Miyawaki there too

Notable pro wrestlers FTR have the AAA tag titles too, so clearly pro wrestlers can excel too in this thing which is totally not pro wrestling

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

coconono posted:

it is not libel to say Tony is terrified of women and Britt Baker bullies him incessantly.

First upahwa Dr Britt Baker, DMD.

Second, Tony is friends with her, it's Jade that bullies him

Wait wrong Tony nevermind

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Isn't that the dude who just went on a drunken twitter rant completely invalidating transwomen?

Yep, I believe he said that Tony put the women's title on a man. Absolute chode

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

If they are a WWE fan and they like Russo, why not want him to write for WWE instead of AEW? Why help the competition, so to say?

If Russo kills another promotion, that's less opposition to WWE, dude is playing 4D cheaa

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Could be wrong, but was Okada the one that pulled him back in after he let go? Or Claudio? I think it was Okada, he did the Manchester City thing afterwards

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The initial "AEW Dynamite 1,02m viewers" tweet having replies closed is perfect environmental storytelling

Oh hey that's the guy that couldn't conceive how Forbidden Door could've done 5 million when people would ALWAYS pay 20 via VPN or pirate etc, and posted how "100k x 20$ != 5 million" or something.

I stopped replying after he added me to a lost of "admirers" that included Kenny Omega and Tony Khan

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Missing "x is not a draw/won't move the needle", "wonder when Tony will get bored of the toy", and endless talk about ratings because 50 million people aren't tuning in to watch Dynamite every week

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Shard posted:

I'm sorry what?

He made up some fake tweets from Tony they included that

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This is the third account I've seen on this chud in a few short weeks. At this point he'll run out of combinations and have to say the quiet part out loud

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CommonShore posted:

I think he's saying that he got fired because he has a stalker's delusional obsession with a conspiracy surrounding Aubrey Edwards. Every time I read this dude's tweets I'm more convinced that he should be on a list and she should get a restraining order.

Oh it's this guy that has a list called "My adoring public" in which he adds people that... disagree with him? https://twitter.com/i/lists/1498731046313107456

Normal behaviour, I'm sure he's doing well

Edit: Found the thread that led to it, it was him making wild claims that FD sold 100k and thus couldn't have made 5 million as Tony claimed: https://twitter.com/Serperoth/status/1542108701842178050

I didn't know about him being uhhhh like that before this interaction tbh

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jul 20, 2022

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Shard posted:

I always pay the $50 with Bleacher Report because I don't wanna deal with VPN

But people post on Reddit how to do it with a VPN! Stop posting lies because Tony "The Conman" Khan has you in a side headlock!

One thing I hate with Twitter is the absolute, 100% bad-faith readings of everything. Cause I like a nice chat. I would like to see the breakdowns, people buying at 20 vs at 50, international vs US, etc, cause it's interesting. But nope, exactly 100k people must've bought at 50, and they didn't, so Tony is lying.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Thanlis posted:

I’d like to hear more about that second option, please.

Infinito belt collector run

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Cult of Pies posted:

Shorter TLDR: Buck doesn't like AEW and wants attention.

I know him as the guy who, on the announcement that Forbidden Door had made 5 million, doubted those numbers because
-100k people bought it
-everyone who bought it bought it via a VPN so they'd have paid 20 bux
-therefore there's 3m unaccounted for

He was adamant that "maybe a few more people bought it" and "not everyone bothers with a VPN" were somehow irrelevant, then added me to a list titled "my adoring fans"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The one that moves the needle is The Bunny. She's a draw, brother.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lamuella posted:

Necro Eric.

Please use his proper name, ネクロエリック

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tony "Quote Is Not Edit" Khan

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I know subtext can be lost on some people but this isn't even subtext, it's just... text. The film starts by telling you the answer to that question, and continues to elaborate throughout its runtime.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

edogawa rando posted:

When he gets mad, when he gets pissed at a promotion, he grabs a pen, and writes out a list of all the wrestlers who won't be missed.

The Future Endeavors Note

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Drakkel posted:

Their math is probably that meme "AEW Payroll" that got floated around that included them paying Dusty Rhodes' corpse millions of dollars for some reason

AEW going bankrupt from paying SomethingAwful LLC and Dave Meltzer

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

coconono posted:

siri show me tweets of people that don't watch or read the injury reports

https://twitter.com/lovetacoj/status/1580209691421859841

FTR main evented the latest show, Miro's team won at the latest PPV, and he had a title shot at Forbidden Door, Keith Lee was recently tag champion, Tall Paul and Mark Henry weren't hired to be in the ring, and Adam Cole has consistently been one of the top names, including winning the Owen.

Like, why use that many folks in your example?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Pylons posted:

These people don't even loving like wrestling!

Eh I do skip towards the end of some matches on occasion even without ads. The exception rather than the rule though, but I did it for example in the Embassy match

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The one thing I'll credit Cornette with is that he makes it really easy to tell whose opinion can safely be discarded without consideration, just by seeing how they refer to the wrestlers.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Benne posted:

His little pregnant pause really makes it sing

"The epitome of sports ........ entertainers"

Ennerdainers* :colbert:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

He should try stand up.

https://twitter.com/ALeavelle/status/1585812490687893506

Meanwhile my favorite stand up...

How is the likes situation now? Did the softening of language cost him?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Little known fact, the N in NJPW stands for NOAH, and the N in NOAH stands for NJPW

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Has this dude watched a single OC match?

Edit: VV yeah a Kamen Rider gimmick would be sweet as hell.
(i know you mean the ants but a KR gimmick would own bones)

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 8, 2022

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

3 likes...

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Lol, it really is. Kenny bit himself to frame Ace Steel, it's worth investigating!

A second set of jaws on the grassy knoll

Grass Ynoll to debut on NXT next week.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

What if I told you the story is even sadder than you realized?

Here is he MSG show Mike Mondo main evented:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=7940

For certain definitions of "main evented"

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

QAnon popcorn/it's happening tweets, but about a regularly scheduled Wednesday night wrestling show

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I was there, I was the floopy

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

I'm trying to imagine the story that gets wrestling treated as "prestige TV" (not that I'm sure GOT or BB actually count as that but the definition seems to have changed) rather than as bottom feeding garbage for morons by most people & I can't come up with anything.

Eddie Kingston addressing his enemies

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Penguin Patrol posted:

i will recommend Redline, it's just a cool racing movie with some neat characters

Redline was a trash heap funded by subprime loans.

REDLINE is a cool racing movie with some neat characters and bangin animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

My favourite Star Wars character is going to shock the world