Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

News outlets don't have to use strong words like "ripped off" and "plagiarized" in headlines because all they have to do is post the side by side quotes. Like a Trumpernaut or garden-variety conservative likely wouldn't click on "Melania blatantly steals First Lady's speech!" but would click on something like "These speeches look pretty similar"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

disjoe posted:

Seriously what the gently caress is Caitlyn Jenner doing there

being rich white and out of touch cuts way deeper than gender and sexuality it looks like

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

And in alternate Trump fantasy land, the apprentice enters the 14th year of its first season as trump refuses to fire anyone over "harmless mistakes"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Bunleigh posted:

NY Daily News sure hates the gently caress out of Trump

because they know him the best

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

smell this posted:

a plate for a bowl for a taco bowl on his desk

And just a shitload of trophies blocking his view of the park

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

deathbysnusnu posted:

I really don't know what cards could have been played better. Hillary's rapid response team has been on point at all times, A list surrogates have been hammering trump, mountains of ads on TV in swing states, strong policy positions, Trump making GBS threads his pants every five seconds. This is going to be one of those god awful "I'd have a bump of coke with him" elections isn't it?

please. that orange gently caress would invoice you on gold-embossed letterhead

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Antti posted:

There's a special Sisyphean hell for Paul Manafort, where he's given the job of trying to keep Trump on message for all eternity.

He's earned it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

radical meme posted:

Also, is that a Trump company email address or a Trump official campaign email address? Not that the FEC is going to do anything either way.

surely no one cares about email policies in this election

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"soley to illicit"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

IQ was originally mental age/physical age *100 (and used for children) so trump is as smart at a 109yo guy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

evilweasel posted:

apparently there's a single July poll showing Clinton up by 7, but with the usual stupendous amount of undecided/other voters

I'm gonna change my name to Not Sure so I can get federal election money in 2020

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Three Olives posted:

I don't think 120 IQ is that high because mine is 136 and while I am not an idiot I certainly wasn't going for a doctorate in nuclear physics or anything.

How recently, how many confirmatory tests, and under which certification authorities and methodologies did you get your result?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

and thus a worthwhile conversation was born

it's a fun game to determine if someone is a moron (using an iq score they got in second grade) or an rear end in a top hat (trying to accurately determine their iq) :ssh:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Holy poo poo I actually gasped when I read this

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

[from within the pocket of a Moscow aluminum magnate] did u kno, clinton is correupt???

aluminum isn't magnetic dumbass

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

zoux posted:

For four years they've been planning to run against Obama's third term and then this happens lmao

they knew this was going to happen too. they knew Hillary was going to get the 16 nom and all they had to do was stack ammo during her congressional and executive tenures to use if the gop nom slipped up so they could control the media narrative. They farted that all away in the last three years because boy howdy they just hate Obama so much and wouldn't it be great if we use all this leverage to make an outgoing president less popular? Then they double down by squandering any power Benjamin ghazi or emailgate had, blowing their load in the primaries. So now all they have left to attack Hillary's record is some flimsy Iran payment poo poo when they could have stretched the email investigation so that they could use it to attack every single day until it resolved

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

As of late 2015, i think they saw the writing on the wall in terms of candidates and their strategy was to cut clintons head off before she got the nomination. That's why they went all in on every scandal they could find, and tried desperately to get something to stick. It failed, and now they have inoculated the public on these issues and are out of new ones unless there is some true bombshell they are patiently sitting on, like she has literally been taking bribes or something.

Part of the reason that strategy failed too was that Bernie God bless and keep him refused to attack her on any of those grounds

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's not like news networks won't go after the Melanie story because they realize that the best way to get trump talking on their networks and doing more newsworthy things for their networks is to troll him into responding

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"Ah yes the ghosts are the good guys"
-someone who has ever heard of pac man

poo poo, they don't even do a Ms. PAC man joke. Sad!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I am thoroughly of a mind that Trump is not a billionaire if you discount his "my brand is worth three billion dollars" nonsense and that he is perpetually mortified that someone will find out.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

so if watching house of cards and veep has taught me anything about backroom deals:

1. save your juicy appointments for people who give you a lot of money or votes
2. Promise those appointments to people who can actually deliver them
3. Deal in private so you can back out without fallout if things go south
4. Deal in private so you can promise things to different people

Soooooo, a public promise of a cabinet position to a puppy stealing governor people loving hate for a whopping four electoral votes is a great idea

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pat and Hillary have the same birthday

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol this is better than Obama 08

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

Animal rights protesters rushed the stage.

Doesn't even make any sense, it's not like Clinton is anti-animal rights.

PETA members, like most animal rights protesters, don't give a flying gently caress about animal rights

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

There's a rare treat in taking an LA or NYC native to Walmart for the first time. Shock and awe and horror and curiosity

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Why would the GOP hate the Silicon Valley? It's one giant safe space for libertarian manchildren

Nouveau riche

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It blows my mind that more black people will vote for Hillary than Obama

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Trump is winning what demos again?
_white men
_evangelical Christians?
_high school diploma or less?
_rural
_olds?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

I would guess that estate tax could effect a reasonable percentage of boomers who live in high income, high real estate parts of the country. These states are mostly already blue (CA, CT, NY, MA, MD) but could work some in Florida. Dunno how many people who would be swayed by this aren't already voting republican.

.7 % of households

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

You know you've crossed the state line into Ohio from PA when you see a car held together with duct tape doing 62 in the left lane

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

it's okay guys trump has started his campaign now and his ad team is making some killer ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UexlivEx0Z0

"TRUMP Pence" is the new "Great Job!"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Living in Ohio, this is definitely one of the stranger things. I've seen so many cars driving down the road missing panels, including front grilles and bumpers, with bungee cords holding everything in.

Ohio cars are falling apart pieces of garbage that drive slowly in the passing lane and invariably back into parking spots

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

fart blood posted:

Jesus tits I despise pro-life poo poo.

EDIT: I know that a sentence like that doesn't make me the best example of the pro-choice crowd, but man I can't stand how brazenly the pro-life crowd just spits against the wind of science and biology.

actual pro-life ideology, i.e. You believe embryos get souls is morally sound and a perfectly valid belief for someone to have.

Republican pro-life ideology is all about repression of female agency and punishment of a "mistake", similar to the death penalty

the dividing line is whether or not the person supports condoms, which definitely reduce abortions. If a person truly wants to see fewer abortions, they would support condom education and use

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

What are the current odds that Hillary runs the table?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

prefect posted:

It's not going to happen. Stop getting high on your own farts. Don't imagine that poo poo isn't going to get bad between now and November.

I just wanna knowwwwww

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

So I guess that Longroom site has decided to start unskewing headlines too

Ah yes Tom ridge, gop governor of Pennsylvania, first secretary of homeland security, and gwb vp frontrunner is actually a democrat

it all makes sense now

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

George p bush's endorsement is obvious because:
1. gently caress you dad
2. He knows uncle George did 9/11

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's pennsyltucky, not pennsylbama dumbass

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pennsyltucky anecdote: my Puerto Rican friend and another friend of ours were going camping in a state park a couple miles from Penn state and they were chased out of the woods by redneck bullets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sinteres posted:

People are really reading what they want to into Katrina Pierson's comments. She was pushing back against the moderator by saying that no, Trump was talking about stopping it from happening before the election. That isn't true, but it's not the "oh this could happen" veiled threat that people are making it out to be.

Weird that she's speaking so inexactly

• Locked thread