Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

tenniseveryone posted:

From Dark Reign: Fantastic Four #4.

Context: Norman Osborn's come around to shake down the FF. The grown-ups are away. Franklin has assured Val he can "mess with Osborn's head."

This is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Also this.

And am I the only one who thought the idea of it being called "Veronica" loving hysterical?

Nope. I thought it was great.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TwoPair posted:

Bizarro #2: Pictures of Bizarro and Jimmy Olsen's road trip across America.

I get the jokes in the starling city and Louisiana panels, but not the others.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Rhyno posted:

The term "wetware" for cybernetic implants was perfect, I don't know why it didn't stick.

My wife has had intractable seizures for most of her life. A few months ago, we sat down to see what we could do about it, where technology stood.

"Wetware" was thrown around as a potential option. Technically called a Vagal Nerve Stimulator, it's an implant that detects the electrical storm associated with a seizure and basically shorts it out with electric impulses of its own.

We ended up not going that route--electing for straight surgery to remove the benign mass causing it all--and it was the right move. Seizure free since July!

But still, "wetware". Alive and well and real today.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Jiro posted:

All I hear is some weird reptilian Dr. Weird's voice. :allears:

Dr. Dinosaur is great, and I'm glad they don't overuse him. It'd be really easy for that to happen.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Lurdiak posted:

Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything #2

What happens when the two biggest idiots in the world get a time scepter?

And that's just the beginning.

That's amazing.

Also, BeBob and Rocksteady were the best parts (the only good parts?) of the most recent TMNT movie. For all its flaws, the movie got those two down perfect

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't see that movie, but the IDW comics have been using them extremely well. The old cartoon had them be so stupid and incompetent that it was just kind of obnoxious, and the CG cartoon has them be completely different characters, but this comic keeps the spirit of these two loving idiots intact while making them lovable, compelling and even scary.

While I think everything about the IDW Turtles comic is great, Bebop and Rocksteady's solo comics might be the best part. I know Destroy Everything is the most fun I've had reading a comic in over a year.

E:

The movie B&R are really close to that first comic. Really close. Down to the excitement about being transformed and the Shredder-worship.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Duke Igthorn posted:

Superiour Foes already existed. And ended.

I just read the whole run for the first time. I'd seen bits and pieces, but never the whole thing.

It was so good.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Overdrive has such a specific powers set and I love it.

Yes. I felt he was criminally underused in Superior Foes. They didn't make enough ridiculous, souped-up vehicles.

I once played a guy in Mutants and Masterminds (basically superhero D&D) that had Overdrive's powers. It was amazing.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Mammonth

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Rohan Kishibe posted:

It was a BIG rock!

Almost Got Him is one of my favorite episodes of Batman: The Animated Series

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Wasn't there a Shazam/Scooby Doo cross-over recently?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Herc is one of those rare characters where virtually every panel can go in here or the badass thread. He's incredibly bombastic.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Is there a more perfect comic-book casting choice than JK Simmons as JJJ? I think not.

It's pretty much perfect casting.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The Sexual Shiite posted:

When they say a picture is worth a thousand words, they weren't establishing an exchange rate. It's the funny panel thread, dumbass.

To be fair, going through four Robins makes Batman the expert.

In fact, he probably went through four Robins just so he could be the expert in case anyone ever asked him his views on child endangerment.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

SilverSupernova posted:

I wish this was more than a single special.

This is amazing.

Is this a webcomic or is it from that Batman/Fudd crossover?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Selachian posted:

Would you settle for Wile E. and Lobo working together to catch the Road Runner?

(Besides Batman/Fudd, they've also done Marvin the Martian/Martian Manhunter and Yosemite Sam/Jonah Hex.)

Who the hell came up with and pitched this idea for a bunch of Loony Tunes/DC crossovers? I want to shake his hand.

If we don't get a Hawkgirl/Foghorn Leghorn crossover I will be very disappointed.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I really like Injustice Harley. Not just that scene, but her characterization as a broken person trying really hard to be better.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Ashcans posted:

Switching words when you get 'stuck' on one is something that actual stutters do as a speaking strategy, so that isn't really a gag. My understanding is that a lot of stutterers have fairly predictable patterns though, so its more likely that they will take a pause and plan their sentence to avoid using works that trip them up - but that doesn't mean they can't still get tangled on other words (especially with tension or stress).

Yep. I've a mild stutter, and this describes my coping behaviors exactly. Plan your sentences. If I get stuck, switch to another word. Stress makes it way worse.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Push El Burrito posted:

By Odin's Fuzzy Slippers!

That tub looks like a big tankard (like for beer)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

cisneros posted:

Was it this guy

I feel like this should cut away one more layer and reveal Krang in the inner creature's belly.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I also won’t ever be tired of Darkseid casually reminding others that the concept of ownership does not apply to them, for all is Darkseid’s

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Coolguye posted:

(also, i realize this is an eternal fight, but i tend to come down on the side of 'squirrel girl's art actually pretty bad' but i don't care because the writing is so funny it could be mspaint for all i care)

This is my stance, too.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Superior Foes of Spider-Man had a lot of shop talk by a team of c-list villains. It was also funny as hell.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Specifically? Sure.

Lardbo, Danny Eats Sweets, Killer Frosting, Fat Canary, Crave Cakeson, Weighty Woman, Flex MenTallow, The Weigh, Fixin(s), Mother Picnic, Lazy Jane, Robot Ham, Ryan Chew, Larry (needs a personal) Trainor, Bruce Gain.

edit: Shade the Chomping Woman was off screen, I guess.

"Fixin(s)" is genius

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Everyone has their moment of shame, where the incredibly obvious joke goes over their head.

This is my moment. I just now, as a result of reading the last page of posts, realized why "Giant-Sized Man-Thing" was funny. It's a dick joke.

gently caress.

This is me: https://i.imgur.com/W6pE68z.mp4

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Spider-Man has a long history of petty slights against the Kingpin. Happens in Ultimate Spider-Man, too.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I feel like the only way I'd like a The Thing solo is if they went full camp with it. Like the Batman: Brave and the Bold animated series a few years ago, make it so that the hero is the straight man to every zany thing in the universe.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Why are they all wearing Nova Corps outfits?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Infinitum posted:

Is that a Venomized Ghost-Rider Hulk?

You already know the answer.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Arachknight walks down the street to buy a sandwich at the deli. He missed two dates with improbably hot women along the way, but saves two orphanages by stabbing someone who mildly deserved it. He's labeled a menace by a local journalist, but can't read the paper because of the concussion he got from a falling brick.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

This touches on my favorite running joke in Ultimate Spider-Man: eventually, almost everyone realizes they're getting dunked on by a smart-rear end kid. The reactions are mostly great.

Especially the time Black Cat threw up all over Pete's crotch.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Rhyno posted:

Casual Friday Venom is the best alternate costume ever.

Yeah I want more Casual Friday costumes.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TwoPair posted:

Injustice 2 Annual: Bruce Wayne took a bullet in the shoulder at a charity gala, so while he's recovering and while everyone else tries to track down who put the hit on him, Superman has an idea for a more secure location for Bruce to crash at.

Nice.

Uh, isn't like the whole thing with Injustice is that Supes went all fascist when Lois died? So how is she out researching Bruce's attacker?

I feel like this has to be a flashback or something.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Alhazred posted:

Taskmaster learned this lesson the hard way:

Every time I see this, it strikes me just how unnecessary his speech bubbles in panel 2 really are.

The faces alone say everything that needs to be said.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

While that Mr Freeze episode is probably the best episode of the animated series, “Almost Got ‘im” is still my favorite.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

You call that a knife?
*snikt*
This is a knife.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Hawkeye gives a real Beavis vibe there.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Vincent posted:

latinxs and the irisih?

This reminds me of the weirdest restaurant I've ever encountered: A Mexican-Irish restaurant in rural Maine called Pedro O'Hara's. The mascot is a leprechaun wearing a sombrero with a taco in one hand and a pint in the other.

http://www.pedrooharas.me/

It's surprisingly good. While it doesn't compare to the Mexican food you get in the south and southwest parts of the country, it's certainly the best Mexican food I've found in New England (although I haven't fully explored Boston yet).

So, uh, for the three of you who will ever visit Lewiston, Maine: give it a shot? And think of Spider-Man 2099 while you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I feel like I'm going to regret asking "what the hell is this?".

So I'm gonna say "huh?" instead.

Huh?