Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Why is it that the most vocal racists have the most access to computers and are the most active on social media? My facebook feed has been flooded by morons and I take the time when I see them in real life to tell them what an idiot they sound like. Because apparently Canada is letting an ISIS army cross into our country without background checks or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

trapped mouse posted:

MINIMUM wage, people. The wage increase isn't just for the burger flippers. Feel free to get offended anyway. Also, protip: most firefighters make more than $11 an hour.

Hell, my brother and father are volunteer firefighters and they get paid more per hour than that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

it's good that nobody's burning mosques

Just the one.

And people say Canada is such a bastion of tolerance. Perhaps it is, but the minute you leave the cities it is back to 1950s bigotry and racism.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Smoke posted:

Looks like a Eurofighter Typhoon, and France doesn't have any of those.

Nah, that's a Rafale. The Typhoon's fuselage is much smoother in the middle, it doesn't have that same bulge before tapering into the jets.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fashionable Jorts posted:

No, Canada is as intolerant as anywhere else. We just manage to keep it hidden, or be polite enough that people forgive us. After the shooting in Ontario a year ago that killed a soldier, every goddamn day I had to hear rednecks go on about immigrants and Muslims, and I live in a city of a million people.

And last night a woman was assaulted outside a school in Toronto. We're so nice.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nuebot posted:

Muslims&Mosques?

Moslems.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So Carrie Fisher talks about how hollywood has not changed its stance on making actors conform to beauty standards, and talks about how she was told she needed to lose weight to play Leia again. I think its pretty understandable to be annoyed at how the industry dictates what your body should look like. Naturally, the people in the comments don't see it the same way and start ripping her apart for having an opinion.
http://www.people.com/article/carrie-fisher-weight-loss-star-wars?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stoatbringer posted:

It's okay, soon they'll have a new president to blame everything on.

Soon? They've still got like a year before then.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Birb Katter posted:

What about Alan Alda?

He took the funny out of Mash and I can't forgive him for that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So long as LOB sticks to manageable madness and does not indulge in another Dozerfleet word vomit again, I can tolerate him.

Anyways, here's some Canadian content. Trudeau won the election, so a lot of the more hardcore conservatives have been really salty. One of my highschool acquaintances is a hardline conservative, and he posted this the other day:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

snergle posted:

Has anyone done the thats it im moving to the us yet? It wont be bush era im moving to canada schadenfreude but it will still be funny.

Not that I've seen among my circle, but I have seen a lot of "this is a black day for our country, watch Trudeau run us into the ground by spending money on OTHER countries while our OWN PEOPLE SUFFER.

You know, apart from the fact that he's launched an inquiry into the missing and murdered Aboriginals, aka helping our own people. But whenever I see someone say "we should help our own people first!" my mind automatically rewords it to "they should help ME first!" I have never seen a single person complaining about us giving humanitarian aid ever voice their concerns for the native population. They're all just drunk indians to those hicks.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Byzantine posted:

What's with all the nerds sucking Tesla's dick recently?

People getting pissed off that Tesla gets overlooked compared to that *mainstream* dickhead Edison.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Won't somebody please think of poor miss Poly Styrene?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That should read Mooslem.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DemeaninDemon posted:

Conclusion: slaves build better sky scrapers.

Imagine what would happen if you paid them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DemeaninDemon posted:

On women in the military:

This is bull, I've been tracking male soldiers by their smegma trails for years. All soldiers should be cut for hygene purposes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

cash crab posted:

ahahahah

Oh boy. I stand horribly, tragically corrected.

I live in an extremely conservative area of Canada (Renfrew Nippising Pembroke) and I get this kind of poo poo all the time from Facebook acquaintances. So many anti refugee fearmongers and gun nuts around the area complaining about Canada not helping their own people first. I do enjoy pointing out that the Liberal government is reopening nine Veteran's affairs offices, aka the redneck's idols whom they hero worship.

Also, former Sniper Jody Mitic came out and said the anti refugee nutters are assholes for pitting Veterans welfare against humanitarian efforts.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

FreudianSlippers posted:

Everything everywhere is always Germany's fault. Except if if it happens in Asia or Africa in which it's France's fault.

And the loving Belgians.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Last year I got into an argument with a guy in a store for carding me. Nothing against that aspect, but it's the fact that he was the manager and told someone to card me when he himself had sold me beer without issue just 2 hours earlier. Then called me a liar when I called him on it. What a prick.

I'm more confused as to why you were out buying more stuff two hours later. Liquor Stores here would toss your rear end out if you tried that stunt, becasue they can't sell to intoxicated or believed to be intoxicated customers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm bilingual (English and Quebec French), and I still feel bad that I don't know more languages. It's not just about respecting other people's language, but that learning new languages is pretty drat fun. Sticking to one and expecting everyone else to compensate is baffling to me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Practical Demon posted:

Guys who are really attracted to Harley Quinn worry me. Especially the guys who actually work in comics that make her more and more sexualized as they make her more and more violently psychotic.

DC is run by shitheads who run everything into the ground. Harley Quinn is just one of the more notable characters to undergo slutification. I remember reading about a girl who liked reading Teen Titans comics getting upset when the New 52 comics turned Starfire into a literal whore.

Comics are bad, but DC is the worst.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Biplane posted:

Maybe the poor should just die.

If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Unless the TvTropes thread ever comes back, I think that LOB is going to stay crazy. A beautiful, wonderful, insightful crazy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I approve of the new thread title.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lady Naga posted:

A lot of times "one shot" means "I didn't feel like separating my massive fanfic epic into separate chapters because I have no concept of pacing" though.

Have you ever heard of microfiction?

EDIT wait what am I doing defending smut fanfiction?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Her voice is even irritating. How can ANYONE in their right mind want this woman as POTUS? She lies, she makes poo poo up, she's a criminal...oh, and she allows her husband to cheat on her. What a role model.

I blame Michael Moore. I mean, he's from there!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

So they're witches?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

White girl talking while the black girls stand at the back. Jesus everyone got hung up on the name of the loving cookies and didn't pay attention to the image itself.. Yeah, it's casual racism and it's not intentional, but it' there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'd pay a dollar. Easier than juggling quarters. Also, the price change is a pretty obvious jab at the gender pay gap.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mras are literally turning into Ferengi from star trek, right down to calling women females.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Scarf posted:

It's mainly the dumb loving faces he makes in every single picture I see of him.

He has nice teeth, I'll give him that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

this is going here because I'm not sure where else exactly to put it but I want to put it somewhere

mm yes, harley quinn, that noted important story-driving character who is not characterized by her relationship with a male character

She only used to be tied to the Joker. Nu cool DC made her a strong independent super sexy short shorts lesbian. Because modern DC is run by idiots. Bruce Timm's version was tied to the Joker and used Quinn as a vehicle to deal with spousal abuse and stockholm syndrome. And even then, they had episodes where Harley went "gently caress it!" and ditched the Joker to go party on her own, party with Ivy, or even try to go straight and get rehabilitated.

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 21:50 on May 12, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I'd watch Michelle go for a couple rounds in the ring with Melenia.

TinTower posted:

Stalinist twitter is salty as gently caress:

https://twitter.com/LuhanskRepublic/status/731910418810068992

The winner in this reality was a Crimean Tatar singing about Stalin's deportations of 1944.

That reminds me of Russia's Eurovision entry last year when they submitted that ridiculous song about world peace when Russia was in the middle of persecuting war crimes in Crimea. It also gave us this amazing mashup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmSUMXCJwUk

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 05:21 on May 16, 2016

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I wouldn't be so flattered if Handsome Jack started hitting on me. He'd probably scoop out my eyeballs next.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Maybe don't leave your autistic six year old kid at home sick for a whole week before considering taking him to the ER?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kajeesus posted:

Well for one you don't literally put immigrants in concentration camps, aggressively disenfranchise minority voters or have some sort of infallible thousand year history of being a white people country. Canada has a bunch of accommodating integration policies, like having signage and pamphlets in 7+ languages in any public building that an immigrant might use. No matter how token those are, they're miles ahead of any other country I've visited.

Except for our internment camps for Ukrainians of all people in WW1, and the Japanese in WW2, or Canada's horrific treatment of Chinese laborers during the construction of the railroad. We have a history of racism that just gets ignored because of reasons.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Aphrodite posted:

Tank Man actually very likely walked away.

And the minute he rounded the corner he was picked up by MP's and black bagged never to be seen again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Prurient Squid posted:

Madoka! Nooooooooooo!

She just wants you to understand the prejudice she and other girls with malformed skulls have to put up with.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
To be fair a fire hose would be better than threatening people with beanbag shotguns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

So is this Tony Abbot's new day job after being Prime Minister?