Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I may disagree with the opinions, but I actually kind of love the art in this. Just take away the labels and it could be a promo picture for an adult swim cartoon! Look at these kooky characters: The punk rock mermaid, the fishing cowboy with his bull dog sidekick, the creepy whale with a human face, What sort of hi-jinks will they get into this week? :3:

On the other hand, these two are just lazy bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Selachian posted:

Telnaes on a poll showing that whites and Republicans are the angriest people in the US.

This might be the least surprising thing I've ever heard.

I think Telnaes is my favorite cartoonist posted in this thread. She's definitely one of the most talented too.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ManlyGrunting posted:

God drat it. :(

I know, I was upset when I learned James Woods is a douchebag too :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Zetsubou-san posted:

and somehow "no fly list = no gun" is a bad thing

The "no fly list" is actually a pretty terrible thing (and racist).

I want more gun control, but I also want that list reexamined/ better regulated.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The NRA is full of poo poo. Instead of using the outhouse to get rid of that poo poo it's going to stand outside and poop its pants while smiling coyly.

A fetish cartoon.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

How much more comically awful can Trump and his followers get? Like, there has to be some kind of a peak. It can really just keep getting worse forever, right?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mister Beeg posted:

So remember this masterpiece from Ben Garrison?

Well, after the AGC blog posted it, various artists started drawing the mermaid in their own styles. Many of them are pretty rad. There's a chain going around right now, and it's getting bigger.

Some samples:

Here's my contribution:

These are all great, Social Justice Mermaid is rad as heck.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cat Mattress posted:

Nikki Haley will tame the Trumpasque by converting it to the True Faith, and bring it back to the town as a harmless pet, but the people of the town will want revenge and will kill the Trumpasque anyway.

What is this a reference to?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Thanks! This is now my favorite saint story.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Calico Heart posted:

I like that Bowie still got into heaven despite being bad

And he was allowed to bring a suitcase full of drugs.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

loquacius posted:

Sorensen on Trump's weird Hitler Youth thing

I'm a big fan of the Li'l Brownshirts :allears:

Oh God is this real?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well, gently caress. This has finally convinced me that there's no end to Trump's insanity. He'll always find a way to top himself. Always.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Not My Leg posted:

This isn't technically a political cartoon, but John Kasich just tweeted out this incredibly specific attack image.

Whoever made this must really love snakes and really hate Bush, so they're alright in my book.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hitler B. Natural posted:

After an eyesight-loving ten minutes I figured out it was "Intersectionalism" Good job with the red-on-purple words there, chucklefuck.

Intersectionalism, or intersectionality, is "the study of minorities within minorities, or intersections between minorities; specifically, the study of the interactions of multiple systems of oppression or discrimination". This leaves me very little the wiser when it comes to the cartoon. He is, however, yet another shithead who's making orders of magnitude more on Patreon than I am or ever will. Here's an animated cartoon he made.

So what the cartoon is trying to say is it's bad for minorities to care about different things because it divides them and makes them less powerful and prevents them from uniting on other things?

I don't agree with that, but at least it makes sense.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ibogaine posted:

So where are all the "weather cold = global warming is a lie" comics I am desperately waiting for? I would have expected at least a dozen by now.

edit: I bet over in DBD they are talking about cold weather, hard nipples, Obummer and libtards in between pictures of half naked flesh in the fuckbarn...

drat, never thought I would miss it.

I've continued reading DBD on my own because I make bad choices, here's a summary of what you've missed:

Skye is currently dressing up as Sarah Palin to attract the attention of "alphas" and before that there was like a month long storyline(?) about Zed ranting about how he wouldn't help a woman who was being raped because of feminism or something and that white men need to be more appreciated. Also, waifu shot a pig.

That's it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pththya-lyi posted:

I wondered how that "'animal' (implied to be an illegal immigrant) coming to attack Waifu and Jewish Waifu" plotline was going to end up. Good to see Muir still hates satisfying resolutions.

Oh, I forgot to mention: Shooting that pig really pissed off Obama because apparently the president has nothing better to do than spy on people in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and be upset when they do things. Also, they shot the pig with exploding ammo. Because it is totally necessary for the average citizen to be able to buy exploding ammo whenever they feel like it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

there wolf posted:

Henry actually did have a couple of sons; they just died in infancy a lot. He divorced/killed Catherine and Anne Boleyn because they were failing to give him children at all, both having multiple miscarriages.

Probably because he was much older than them and the sperm of an older man is more likely to result in a pregnancy that ends in a miscarriage: http://yourfertility.org.au/for-men/age

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I dont know posted:

By far the single most common use of ultrasounds in medicine is checking people's bladders the first time they pee after surgery or the removal of an indwelling catheter to make sure they are emptying them fully.

Huh, I learned something interesting today.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

He was naked, how much more visibly unarmed could he have been?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Garrand posted:

According to the cops lawyer Anthony was 'attacking" and "charging' and therefore needed to be put down asap. Remember, around blacks nev-:suicide:

But even if that's true why not taser him? Or pepper spray him? Or do any number of non-lethal things to stop him? Again, he was visibly unarmed and outnumbered it shouldn't have required lethal force to stop him from doing whatever he was doing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

What is this based on? Can any who's actually in the military explain it? What exactly is it that the president is not letting the troops do in Afghanistan that the right is pissed off about?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rorus Raz posted:

I get the feeling we're going to see a lot of this

I hate these "Doll slightly different" cartoons. Heaven forbid there be toys that depict different body types or that transwomans get positive representation.

Also, as far as I know there isn't even going to be a trans barbie so that's two cartoonist in a row who've taken potshots at transwomen for no reason.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Abyssal Squid posted:

I just realized Ted Cruz looks a lot like a Tasmanian devil and I thought you peeps would appreciate that:

Woah! Huge slam on Tasmanian devils out of nowhere.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cross posting from the Simpson's quote thread:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

D.N. Nation posted:

"FREE" WAR - Rick McKee

"ACME safety net"?

Don't ACME products always suck? So even if the net was there it wouldn't do any good.

Unless I'm an idiot and ACME is a reference to something other than Looney Tunes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Selachian posted:

Telnaes sketches from the Democratic townhall and debate. Despite her earlier horse-and-unicorn cartoon, she's looking awfully pro-Bernie here....

I think it's totally possible to be pro-Bernie while also thinking that so far the media has gone easier on his campaign than on Clinton's.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mister Beeg posted:

YOU DON'T EVEN EXIST ANYMORE!

I actually laughed at this one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This classroom looks awesome! No idea why we're supposed to be against this.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Even if the chance is quite low, rolling the dice on your child being permanently brain damaged because you couldn't stop yourself drinking for 9 months is kind of a dickish thing to do, sorry!

It takes having two drinks everyday while pregnant for even the mildest symptoms of fetal alcohol syndrome to occur; for the more severe symptoms you need to have at least four drinks everyday.

FAS is real and it's bad, but it takes a lot more alcohol to happen than most people think.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mister Beeg posted:

I don't even get this.

Me neither, anyone want to explain this one?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Holy poo poo I was just thinking this.

Well played good sir :golfclap:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I didn't watch the super bowl, what happened that made Ramirez so pissed he decided to draw...whatever the hell this is?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Selachian posted:

Apparently yes.

Incidentally, I've seen some folks refer to him as "Macro Rubio," which is just so much better than Robio/Rubiot/etc.

Jeez, if everything in this article is true poor Macro Rubio should really get some therapy. He might also want to consider changing careers...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I hate that loving duck.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chairface posted:

Eventually you get numb to it, like most other forms of abuse. Yeah, Bruce is gonna stumble in drunk and harass us all with his terrible opinions week after week, but he's there for us too, week after week to keep hating. If we didn't really want this we'd just leave.

No, I have always hated that duck. My hate for that duck is both pure and eternal. It a a bad duck, the worst duck, and it will forever fill me with disgust and disdain.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mr. Fowl posted:

As a duck, I will apologize on his behalf. He is in fact the worst.

For the record: all other ducks are great.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

D.N. Nation posted:

Sanders has actually been pretty specific that the "stuff" he's proposing isn't actually "free," but instead requires revenue from taxes. You know, just how civilization does.

Yeah, it's not "Free Stuff" it's "making sure people with absurd amounts of money actually pay taxes and then effectively using those tax dollars to fund beneficial social programs" and also "Not letting companies treat their employees like garbage".

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ramirez just doesn't care anymore.

Selachian posted:

Telnaes sketches from the Democratic debate:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Telnaes is the only cartoonist who knows how to draw a good Hilary Clinton caricature.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dr Christmas posted:

Fewer comics about Benghazi?

I'm sure they'll find some way to turn it into Bernghazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Tiler Kiwi posted:

yeah it turns out that the esteemed author of the following works

"Federal Mafia: How It Illegally Imposes and Unlawfully Collects Income Taxes "
"How Anyone Can Stop Paying Income Taxes"
"The Great Income Tax Hoax: Why You Can Immediately Stop Paying This Illegally Enforced Tax "
"How Anyone Can Stop Paying Income Taxes"
"The Social Security Swindle: How Anyone Can Drop Out"

died during 13 year sentence for tax crimes

what a life

The moral of the story is if you're going to commit a crime you probably shouldn't publish a bunch of stuff telling people that you're committing that crime.

• Locked thread