Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Uncle Wemus posted:

Got some OC from my job today

Matches. Bad place for matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Oh my god his website is the best thing I've ever seen http://www.strokerengine.com/intro.html

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Measly Twerp posted:

Yeah, nah.

This is pretty hosed up.

This is way, way worse. Jeepers...

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

As someone that used to work around those at a Walmart during high school...gently caress

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Artist's interpretation https://youtu.be/O1d7i3i0LLI

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

JFairfax posted:

I am of the opinion that the only reason the majority of American babies are circumcised for non-religious reasons is to get another line item on the hospital bill

Docs push for C sections specifically because they are so expensive and covered by insurance. Too bad it's leading to a shitload of deaths due to placenta accreta but hey they got their $$$ so gently caress women.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

It's fake. https://youtu.be/rsXQInxxzBU

P.S. Captain D owns and everyone should watch his youtubes

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

The saw is gonna get stuck and torque the skiff and then the whole thing is going to flip over

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Penrose stairs illusion aside, is their spotter standing under the bucket?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Enourmo posted:

Walls lose a lot of strength when the roof lifts off, internal hurricane straps are a thing for that exact reason. My main issue with that setup is that no way in hell are they anchored to the ground well enough to help.

That was my thought as well. No way he sank rebar into concrete at any kind of depth to truly anchor those straps. Might as well tie it to a lawn ornament.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Doesn't Trump have anything better to do than yell at the help?

Oh wait, nevermind.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Mexico is having a hell of a September. From the earthquake today:

https://gfycat.com/dapperpointedjay

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

What's that process called in English?

Givin' the business

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Piggy Smalls posted:

I’ve heard this song so many times and never realized it was about suicide. Wtf.

A few years ago it was used in a car commercial. I saw it when I was at my parents' house and started cracking up because the lyrics cut out out and I started singing PINK RIBBON SCARS/ I'LL NEVER FORGET/ I TRIED SO HARD/ TO CLEANSE THIS REGRET. My mom was obviously mortified and I was losing my poo poo laughing that someone would use that in car commercial.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Those drawers seems like a bad design. Couldn't the snake get a little traction from the ceiling in their little space and then push the tray out themselves?

Maybe. On one hand snakes are curious as hell. My BP gets in a lot of trouble because of this. On the other hand, snakes love being in tight/warm spaces and left alone. Hence the hilariously telegraphed strikes against the feeder.

That gif gets posted a lot in snake subreddits and I don't think anyone has identified why they're being stored that way.

Speaking of pro snake gifs: https://i.imgur.com/QVK2KT2.gifv

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Gotta avoid those 90s!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Around 10 years ago I was leaving Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando (an event infamous for the amount of alcohol typically consumed and resulting drunken antics/violence by guests), and on the top floor of the parking garage a very small hatchback had wedged itself in one of the stairwells. I guess the driver mistook it for the ramp down to the next level.

About five months after I bought my Focus, my wife and I made plans to move to nearby city. On the fourth of July, I drove to a uHaul shop to buy some supplies and set up a truck rental for that coming weekend. The owner of the store was throwing a small BBQ in the front lawn for his employees and whichever customer happened by that afternoon. I bought my boxes and tape, said hello to the owner, passed on a hotdog, got in my car, and proceeded to back up over an overgrown concrete berm. I high-centered my newish car with a pretty sickening crunch that, now 11 years later, still marks the undercarriage. I got out and walked around my car to see that the berm drops off a good 5-6 feet down an embankment, so at least I stopped and didn't plummet to my total destruction. I walked up to the BBQ and asked the owner of the store, like an idiot, if his guys can help me lift my stupid fkn car so I can leave. His crew helped lift, I got my car to solid ground, and drove away.

He still rented me the uHaul truck two days later.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Splode posted:

Software engineers and management should be charged for vehicular manslaughter

Yeah, Tesla dodged a bullet when the guy got decapitated for watching Harry Potter. I don't think Uber will be so lucky here.

Which is a good thing because gently caress Uber for many reasons.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

That FIU bridge article seems to be heavily based on AvE's videos on the collapse so take it with a grain of salt. He could be completely right and I'm not outright discounting his conclusion, but even he acknowledges that he doesn't have the full picture.

https://youtu.be/ioC61QW7SHQ

https://youtu.be/KtiTm2dKLgU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Reading through this was a *leans in towards camera* WILD RIDE!!!!!!!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Last one is metal AF, like the T-Rex Terminator just getting pissed off.

Yeah but is Boone okay?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

jemand posted:

Apparently snakes quite like computers:

And they dislike hairdryers?

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QviwjQuuyZk

The hair dryer is actually a pretty good idea, I'll have to remember that next time my BP escapes. I'd imagine the heat is just too much for them to be comfortable and so they'd try to find someplace else.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Pennywise sure got lazy in IT 2.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Sydin posted:

:lol: 54 separate violations, and it only adds up to ~$230K in fines. Tesla makes that back on what, three cars? Way to stick it to 'em, OSHA.

I don't know how it works for manufacturing, but in pipelines OSHA - and in our state AKOSH - penalties are primarily for repeated and willfully neglected violations. We'd also refer material for PHMSA larger investigations. So yeah, this is tiny but it will hopefully lead to more noticeable penalties down the line. Hopefully. Probably not

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEFtzxEqkqg

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I feel like we've gone too long without talking about Action Park, the most infamously dangerous water park in America. Multiple deaths, underage and undertrained employees, experimental ride designs made by unqualified engineers (including a looping water slide that didn't have an access hatch if you got stuck at the bottom until someone did), and insurance fraud to keep it all going. Still regarded by that generation from New Jersey as a place of wonder and beauty.

This is only a tiny fraction of what was wrong with it.

The defunctland episode on Action Park is excellent https://youtu.be/flkW-ceNvck

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

sneakyfrog posted:

or just one of those detatched buckle thingys you just plug in.

i mean if you arent gonna buckle up then i mean #yolo anyways

Turning your f250 into a meat catapult to own the libs

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

光復香港,時代革命

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

plainswalker75 posted:

Jesus CHRIST. :stare:

This video is horror. It just keeps getting worse and worse :stare: