Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Varance posted:

So... the anniversary guaranteed 5* pull. Let's talk odds.

There are 23 possible 5*s from the pull. 22 if Tidus is excluded (unlikely).

Each characters has a ~4.35% chance of appearing as the rainbow special.

Characters by Tier:

~39.15% chance of a really good unit: Orlandeau, Noctis, Tidus, Olive, Fryevia, Aileen, Wilhelm, Rem or Reberta
~34.8% chance of a good unit: Marie, Fohlen, Trance Terra, Luneth, Dark Fina, Seabreeze Dark Fina, Emperor or Gilgamesh
~17.4% chance of getting a mediocre unit that has to be enhanced to be useful: Lightning, Queen, Ace or Ramza
~8.7% chance of getting a terrible unit with a good trust: Dark Knight Cecil or Delita

As someone who has both Dark Knight Cecil and Delita... that 8.7% feels more like a 99.9%

Adjusted for Gumi rates:
~30% chance of Lightning
~30% chance of Delita
~12% chance of DKC
~12% chance of Queen
~12% chance of Ace
~4% chance of anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ghostnuke posted:

Did I win?

edit: gently caress it, I can't figure out how to post pics anymore

Use imgur. I tried stripping the .html off and end and changing the tags to from url to img, but it's still not loading.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Misery loves company, right? Lets share this journey of despair.

Daily: some 3 star dork.

Rainbow pull:

10+1 ticket:

Time to pull for Rikku!

4* ticket:
Nine
4* ticket:
Mercedes

Normal Tickets
#1 hayate
#2 WoL
#3 maria
#4 krile
#5 wakka
#6 olevia
#7 sazh
#8 edge
#9 camile
#10 ingus
#11 mustadio
#12 heltich
#13 wakka
#14 sabin
#15 wakka
#16 ulrica
#17 alma
#18 edge
#19 mustadio
#20 russell
#21 rydia
#22 wakka
#23 vivi
#24 luna
#25 ilias
#26 wakka
#27 kefka
#28 ingus
#29 wakka
#30 vivi
#31 :siren: RIKKU:siren:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Posting for new thread and new players, have 5 slots open.

Holy spear + Spirit Slayer. For compatibility with TGCid, or other Rebertas geared to be compatible with TGCid.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Edit: Any suggestions for a starting party out of this?

That's a great start, to be honest. Two top tier DPS units are more important than some base 4s that you'll end up pulling eventually.

As for your team, use the top row of that screenshot. Sure, beach Fina, Rain, and Lasswell aren't the greatest, but they're all 6* capable role fillers. And you'll be carried by friend units and your 5* bases, so you won't need to worry about support for a while.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Just pulled a Rikku off one of the rare tickets from the storyline! :woop:

So I'm guessing Rain/Orlandeau/Aileen/Rikku/Beach Time Fina now? Should I keep pulling on the Tidus machine or start saving my rare tickets now for a future machine with a different desirable 4*?

Exp and awakening order for you, as materials allow:
Orlandu
Aileen
Rikku
Rain (he levels really quickly)
Fina

Since you just started, you won't have the materials to awaken Orlandu and Aileen to their 6 star forms, but the general rule is to focus on one unit first. The game mechanics reward having one powerful unit over a mediocre party, due to attack being squared in damage calculations.

Save your tickets, keep doing daily pulls. You've already got the best support unit in the game from this banner. You don't need dupes of her, and no one needs more Wakkas. We're getting a FF12 banner in the next week or two that will have a couple good 4 star units, and will be an event to farm 6 star awakening materials.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Ugato posted:

I look forward to the build-a-cid patch 9 months from now. I'm only very slightly sarcastic.

Her six star is 1-3 months away, and enhancements 1-2 months after that, going by the JP schedule. Upgrading her DR to match TGCid will probably cost 12 T4 and 4 T5 Power Crysts. So you're looking at a really high cost, not just some exp and awakening materials.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Office Thug posted:

I finally set up the TMR macro thing yesterday, let it run overnight, and came to a realization: It's going to take 35 days straight of farming to get a unit from 0 to 100%, based on getting just 1 energy per 5 minutes.

For us non-lapis burners, it takes about 3 months of overnight macroing to complete a TMR set. It's not fast, at all. But your TMRs WILL come faster than that, because of trust moogles. Between arena, events, login rewards, and expeditions, you'll be getting between ~40-80% of moogles per a month. Those let you finish up important TMRs way ahead of that 3 month mark. You can easily finish up 3 TMRs from the original 5 before the last ones finish naturally.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

dangerous.hotdog posted:

She's probably going to be useful for the event that's starting tomorrow. The last boss is a dragon.

heh heh heh heh heh
:getin:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

ALL THE DRAGON SLAYING

300% dragon slayer, easily solos ELT with Mystic Thrust.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Serious question: Is Reberta more valuable to people than Van as a friend unit? I haven't drawn anyone else with a bonus.

My guidelines for what to share as a friend unit to share during MK events:
#1: Bonus units that can carry ELT
#2: Non-Bonus units that can carry ELT
#3 rear end-beater BiS/near-BiS DPS units that might not able to carry ELT, but are still good
#4: Bonus units

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So I've started FFBE again, after not playing for almost a year? or so.

I have two Rebertas, a Kestus?, and an Emperor 5*. None of these Memelandeus bullshit.

Who should I work on getting to 5* first from here? Every single one of my pulls have been frustratingly bad (compared to getting someone like Orlandeu). I'm still working on trying to get Fina? which I still don't have from the main quest.

You want your two Rebertas leveled up, focus on getting one to 100, then work on the other. Once they both have Mystic Thrust, kit them out with matching elemental weapons in one of her breath flavors, and you'll be able to destroy things with easy elemental chains.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Xenothral posted:

Oh right on. I'll probably give the spear I put on him to Gilgamesh instead then.

Here's the party I'm working with right now... Only ones I think I want to actually keep in it are Wilhelm and Gilgamesh, everyone else is just kinda there because :shrug: just don't know who else to put in the party. I dunno if I even have anyone worth swapping in in place of the other three.

Ashe is a good unit, unfortunately her heal + AE dmg skill is her L100 capstone skill. So she's not going to be much of a healer for you for a bit.

You can post your other units if you want suggestions.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

hamsystem posted:

Lasswell would be so much better if they made Purple Lightning an ice weapon. His other best option is Fryevia's needle and I can't think of a scenario where you'd use him over her.
You leave your Fryevia unlocked, and feed her to Lasswell for exp.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

PaybackJack posted:

This is about where I'm at. If there wasn't Star Quartz on the boards I would probably not be cashing in my arena points very regularly.

FYI, the arena ticket gacha should be getting upgraded "soon" to remove the lovely consumables. Like 1 to 2 months, based on the jp updates.

So anyone sitting on arena tickets should keep sitting on them.

Kheldarn posted:

Free Daily gave me Ruggles. I think the game is mocking me not getting Tidus...

Daily Ruggle buddy.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Giving this guy a try as my friend unit, fully enhanced to +2s and drat close to BiS.

I have a few friend slots open. I expect newbies to hate this one, because he'll just explode if they ever use his good attack, lol.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

:siren: King Mog store for FF12 motes goes away tonight! :siren:
I was just coming here to post this

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

soscannonballs posted:

FF4 was my favorite game when I was a kid so I would like to get as many characters from that game just to have.

You'll eventually get stuck with her without doing anything other than normal pulls.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Nuebot posted:

:negative: my entire friends list switched over to Agrias now. Which is nice I guess, more bonus for the bonus god and all. Except the only ones not using excalibur are ones with like 100 attack. My Olive stops just slightly shy of one shotting the whole last wave and the boss loves using grand cross to blind her.

I have a slot open, and I can kick a few more pubbies.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

My first rainbow pull is finally good! Two slots open, but I can free up some additional ones if needed.

With his self buff going

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 18, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Sorry for all the posts but I made a much cleaner guide to infinite XP farming with Noctis: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6vgm70/infinite_xp_farm_with_noctis_companions/

edit: Got the macro up and running on MEmu. hamsystem, your Noctis is dominating. I've already ripped through 73 turns with him in about 15 minutes with a macro.

Posting a guide on reddit is how you get these things nerfed :(
Also, killers and elements don't work on jumps. Just go with pure attack.

Anyways, I setup my Reberta to be able to do this, too.

First turn, Fire Breath with her. Then target the Great Malboro and use Recovery Jump. Let the rest of the party die to speed things along. Then for keep retargeting the GM and repeating Recovery Jump.

Don't just hit repeat, if you don't kill the GM each turn, it may kill you.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I'M TRYING TO CLAIM IT AS HARD AS I CAN.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

7th rainbow, finally have a real 5* chainer!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

Are the four elemental Materia worth getting, or should I just get the Equipment, Character-Specific Materia, and then The Usual Loot?

They're only 5k a set. If you're getting a ton of coins, why not? They're gonna be in my buy loving everything list. But if you're gonna have limited coins, they not anything too special.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Fhqwhgads posted:

I just downloaded this and am working on the rerolling. Am I just doing the 250 daily summon before I reroll, or do I also burn my 7 free summon tickets as well?

Burn your free tickets on the Onion Knight banner. Then keep rerolling till you get him.

I mean, there are other units worth stopping on, but he's the new hotness. And he's easy to gear up on a new account because of his built in dual wield and having his best weapon as his TMR.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

beergod posted:

Yo this game is good as hell. I bought the bundles and I have 6 4-star dudes now.

Should I eat the duplicate one for exp?

I've got them to the cap; should I run the main story so I can get the materials to boost their star ranks?

Don't go smushing, feeding, or selling real units until you know what the gently caress you're doing.

Using stat pot units or metal catuars is fine. But feeding real units to each other for exp is dumb and will only lead to regrets.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Shoenin posted:

What the gently caress is this meme of putting WoL on PVP

He accomplishes nothing but completely drags the fight out immensely.

He's my recovery/support unit thanks to a Discernment, and Rikku's Pouch. I can win with the rest of the party, but I need someone durable to cure statuses and res when I get flasked or wrecked first turn.

This week he's not able to toss out Chaos Grenades, so he's just sort of derping around with breaks or cover.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Hi posted:

So I've gotten lucky with some decent summons and my first round of TMR gear is almost done , I've been eyeing up machina of destruction elt since that fist is like best in slot for anyone that can use it.

What kind of team do I need and what bare.minimums should I have before thinking about making serious attempts at it?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tengames posted:

"i should really save this lapis for ayak-MUST PULL"

Worth it.

Not worth it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

That’s the last straw with this dumb game. Going F2P...

Calm yourself, they're gonna be offering VLCFina's old hat as part of a $1 bundle for Halloween.

EDIT: Am I missing any Goon Onion Knight friends? I need more chaining buddies! Newbies are also welcome.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 26, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Skyridge posted:

Anyone want to weigh in on the 32 Spirit vs 10% HP thing?

The general advice is to use whatever gives you the larger increase to your useful defensive stat, percent wise. So if you have under 320 SPR, use the 32 SPR item over 10% hp.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

BGrifter posted:

The big change was reading a post about how you can just turn around any time you get an area you don't care about. So I just turn around into the zone border over and over till I get a map with a harvest point, grab that and repeat. Any time the fish statue pops up that exit leads to the area with the mermaid boss. Usually I get two harvest points from her area and two from the area to the left, then wander aimlessly farming harvest nodes till time runs out. It's not uncommon to get seven or eight harvest points in a single run.

There's a max of 8 nodes. 2 in the mermaid's room, 2 in the exit room, 3 in the maze crossroad sections outside the exit room, then the last one is sometimes hard to find. I think it's in the other maze section?

Once you hit 8, it's time to look for a fish or bamboo cone to finish. Sometimes I can't find that last node and have to leave after 7.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tengames posted:

Are you loving running into the gilgamesh trial day 1? for about half this game's first year there were no chainers outside of a loving edgar. I went all the way up to trance terra's banner with my best unit being ligtning, y'all spoiled as hell.

I would be, if I was starting now.

There's goons offering Gilgamesh and dark esper carry units in this thread, so clearing both of those in your first week is completely reasonable. And in discord we'll make carry units for new ELT missions when possible, so newbie can get the rewards from those.

None of the 4* DPS units are comparable to the 5* chainer DPS units (except enhanced Agarias). While the 4* healer/support units are still quite usable compared to Ayaka and Tilith.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pretty sure Locke and Xon's skills don't affect the drop rates of the event materials either.

The talk on reddit is that they reduce the chance of getting 0 drops.

Not that it hurts to use a part of Xons with Pods and Raven's cloak. Might as well go for full placebo effect and maybe get done a few runs faster.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

beergod posted:

So my OK is approaching 1000 ATK which is cool. But that basically means I have to always pair with an OK friend to clear ELT content, right? Or I need to somehow draw a second OK and gear him up. My understanding is that no one else chains with him and chaining is by far the way to do the most damage.

Edit: lmao right after I posted this I opened another OK from my 5* whale ticket.

For shadowlord, my best best was to use an orlandu to chain with my holy using OK. It's far from perfect chaining, but between the light imperil and elemental chaining, it's frequently good enough.

Re:edit:
:negative:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I have some more slots open for goons, add my beastly Ser Davos

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

I have about 10k lapis and I'm not sure if I should do a 10 pull on the halloween banner or just hold out for the next banner. Any suggestions?

Should I keep running through the story or do some of the halloween event? I'm not sure how hard any of it is going to be but I could probably make it through a decent amount.

Make sure you get as many of the event equipments as you can, especially ones with unique effects. This isn't a great newbie banner, imo. Definitely do daily pulls, and figure out if you want to do a 10+1 towards the end of the banner. The two golds are likely to be useful later on, once you're able to do harder content and starting TMR macroing.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Destruction from the Cursed Mouthpiece is Demon Killer plus a magic version of Demon Killer, plus the Cursed Mouthpiece has +10 MAG and +25 DEF.

Versus Demons, I'm sure that maths out to be a pretty good overall gain from what you loose in not equipping, say, the Creepy Mask.

Killers on equipment slots are amazing and always worth getting and using.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Last day to clear out your mog king currency!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

hagie posted:

So would x2 Pod 153 be just as useful as a Locke?

I am considering going after Bahamut and Lock just doesn't really fit in my party at the moment as he is too drat squishy...

For drop rate increases, each pod is worth two Lockes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

This is my raid team. They're all on holy weapons for maximum chaining fun. Soliel sings atk song, everyone else uses their chaining attack. Randi and Gilgamesh are both using Pods to chain better, and I pick either another holy OK or TGCid as a friend. I usually get one round kills by jamming on repeat, and the boss doesn't do damage, so the rare times that a second turn is required aren't dangerous.

Axel Serenity posted:

I just started picking this game up this week and now I'm soloing this advanced spirit with a lvl. 80 Ariana Grande.

Gaming in 2017 is weird but cool

Send our friend requests to goons in the spreadsheet, and post your friend code here. Goon friends will be able to carry you through PRO or ELT levels of most events.

Speaking of friends, I have more room for goons, if anyone is needing a beastly Onion Knight. (Switched to Diablo to Demon killer)

• Locked thread