Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Heil Gein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Koalas March posted:

Nah, Karlie said they "grew apart" or something. Apparently a lot of her friends said they have barely seen her since she shacked up with her new man.

FML how do I even know this :psyduck:

Because everyone loves Swift.

Everyone.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

Then why hasn't it happened again

His argument is spurious but this is super-duper-dumb.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PT6A posted:

Upcoming Chuck Tingle title: Domald Tromp Pounded In The Butt by His Irrational Insistence on Tweeting Incriminating Material

I guess I know what my next avatar will be.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I like to work out.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chadderbox posted:

Why the gently caress does everyone have chicken as a hobby?

Every activity feels like chicken.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I've had extremely similar thoughts in my head.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

theflyingorc posted:

I thought we literally couldn't do this

also, wouldn't this effectively mean that this will have almost no impact on the price of steel in the US and probably won't even save the jobs it was supposed to save?

He doesn't give a poo poo about actual jobs.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Baseball is a good excuse to drink beer and eat bad food.

Baseball on tv is less exciting than golf on tv.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bloodysabbath posted:

TANKER VERY IMPORTANT... BASED ON...EVERYTHING!

HELICOPTER! FIGHTING MACHINE!

I laughed out loud in my office at this one.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I got the CBS All Access trial to watch this but it's just playing March Madness. Why would anyone ever subscribe to this?

Star Trek: Discovery

It was worth subscribing for 3 months.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

People have been saying this for a good 20-30 years now, but the supposed tidal wave of left-leaning folks suddenly taking over from baby boomers on business and government has so far failed to materialize. I wouldn't be holding my breath. Those on the left are going to have to do a whole lot better than to wait for some imagined new generation. I would dare say this imagined new wave of lefties taking over being conjured fancifully in peoples' minds are a factor in the left's enduring complacency. President Trump is a thing that exists, because people didn't go out to vote. Yes the Republicans are doing a stellar job of self-destructing, but it's not enough and it's not a free ride for the Democratic party.

At best you will get what happens in the UK - parties are no longer voted in primarily because of personal ideologies held by individual citizens, but parties get voted out because they didn't do good enough during their time in power.

You know that the boomers are just now dying off in big numbers, right? People have been saying it was going to happen because they knew it was going to happen.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also millennials, by far the most left leaning generation ever, aren’t newly aged 18 year olds who don’t vote anymore. They’re in the late 20s early 30s.

Dude, the super "woke" millennials that actually know what "woke" means are very, very young, and the few that could vote didn't vote in 2016.

2020 will be the first presidential election where we see what an engaged (assuming they still are) millennial voting group does.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm 32 and know what woke means.

Talking to the people on the internet is so loving annoying.

I'm 35 and I know what woke means. Good for you for being 32 and knowing what woke means.

I was not making the claim that NOBODY IN THEIR THIRTIES KNOWS THIS WORD.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Boon posted:

I think the point is, is that even if Millenials tack to the center somewhat as they age - they're still the most left-leaning generation by a wide margin. Young voters don't vote en masse, they're just too immature to understand the implications of some ephemeral DC policy debate, being left doesn't change that - but in time they will.

My point was that the very left leaning millenials are just now actually starting to vote, being 18-late 20s, and they are engaged en masse for the first time ever thanks to DJT. The older millenials are left leaning but not to the same degree as the youngsters, but we don't vote either, until now (hopefully).

My daughter and I are both millenials. I'm liberal as hell but her liberalism wipes the floor with mine. She will be able to vote in the next presidential election.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Koalas March posted:

ayo just for the record, much like fuckboy, on fleek, etc woke was black slang for years until yt culture vultures ran into the ground.

not really related but stuck in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp7eSUU9oy8

Didn't know that. I'm still not sure I know what on fleek means, but that's okay because I don't have any plans to appropriate it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

patonthebach posted:

I dunno if the general public would be ok voting for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBCZtz0MYDQ

But maybe you are right and no one would care?

President Donald J Trump

The general public was okay voting for worse. A guy that talked about grabbing pussies, how hot is daughter was, and was accused of rape.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vladimir Putin posted:

How about the time the continent of Europe was so awful, cruel, and stupid that they started a massive war that pulled in the whole world and killed millions of people needlessly. Then a couple of years they repeated it again.

What that wrong? Should they not have done that?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

"The Load"

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Blind Rasputin posted:

I don’t even see libs voting for a crisis actor.

Solid.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Did you look at the Trump tweet this tweet was responding to?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Other than my insanely expensive housing, living in California is pretty loving great for liberal ol' me.

Mountains, beaches, great weather, beer, burritos.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ularg posted:

I've been to southern California a couple times and maybe it's just bias but it always felt a lot like a mix of Orlando and Miami to me. Just a lot of Florida feeling. You know, except for mountains and poo poo.

I can't imagine where in southern California you went that gave you that impression.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I am lucky in that I have the rare SoCal commute that is 45 miles and 45 minutes. I live in South Orange County and work in North San Diego, so my drive takes me down the coast through Camp Pendleton, where there is no traffic at all. I get to cruise along the ocean at 75 mph, watching the sunrise/sunset as attack helicopters and V22 Ospreys fly around looking badass.

I drive a convertible just to take advantage of my commute.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ularg posted:

I stayed around Oakland and Concord.

That isn’t Southern California.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Vladimir Putin posted:

Oklahoma where it was just revealed that education funding was last in the union.

That’s going to move them up on the index.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Jumping out of the shadows to say that this is turning into my favorite infrastructure week, yet.

I'm going to have a nice cold beer tonight to celebrate.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Bubbacub posted:

Didn't that flavor get invented by a janitor at the company? I've never tried them, but it's a :3: story

Yes, and they are making the story into a movie.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sit on my Facebook posted:

Derails in general-chat threads (let's be honest, this is a chat thread) are usually interesting as long as the people posting have well formed opinions, you buncha whiners

Is y'alls scroll wheel broken or something

Mine actually broke this morning.

Fight me.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Your Taint posted:

God hates figs.

:discourse:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Meatball posted:

Hes going to start a war and use the media cover to fire Mueller isn't he?

I'd say it's likely, yeah.

But I'm just an idiot posting to an internet forum so...

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ague Proof posted:

Ted Cruz's claimed age.

The Body of Cruz

If the queen and every drone in the colony has been replaced, does the colony still remain fundamentally Ted Cruz?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Speaking of rape, heres the latest example of a fraternity being garbage!

Blackface Leads to Fraternity Suspension at Cal Poly

That should would never fly at REAL Cal Poly, in Pomona.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I live in one of the most “OC” cities in South Orange County, California. It’s too expensive, it’s pretentious, and it’s a great place to live.

My wife is from rural PA, whereas I was raised in Southern California. She doesn’t want to live somewhere rural, but she has never come to terms with the housing costs here, so she wants to move somewhere like Boise where we can live in a massive mansion for half of what our townhouse costs. We live in a suburb and our 3br townhome with no yard is worth about 950k as of today, which is ludicrous.

But, man, I have the beach down the street, mountains close enough for a day trip, great road and mountain biking right from my house almost every day of the year, and all of good beer and burritos I can shove into my face.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Spaced God posted:

How are you enjoying the tax break?

The tax break screwed my wife and I, massively.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That $500k/yr budget is hilarious. We don't make that much, still have a tight budget despite doing very well compared to most of the country. I've posted before about COI in Southern California with my 4 kids, and been eviscerated for it, but my budget is at least a bit more reasonable than that.

I have 4 kids, because I'm a drat masochist, and here's some insight into real-world costs in Orange County:

Daycare : We were spending $3,300/month for the 1 and 3 year old to be in daycare at an average chain facility by the house. We recently switched to an in-home daycare for about $2,000 and it rocks.

Tuition : Kids go to public schools.

Food : Probably spend $500/month. We don't eat out. Four kids, man.

Lessons : My 9 year old does Parkour classes on Saturdays (We've been trying to get him active any way possible, as the dude just wants to sit and play xbox all day. We finally found something that will get him moving), My 3 year old does gymnastics one day per week and swimming another, and my 1 year old does swimming one day per week with my wife. Total for all of this is about $550/Month.

Vacations : I have four loving kids. My wife is an attorney and I work even more hours than she does. We don't do vacations because how the gently caress would we? We have Disney annual passes, instead, which is insanely expensive ($4,000/year for the family) but gives us something to do when we get the chance on the weekends and the occasional day taken off from work.

*edit*

Alto sax here, too. 6th-9th grades. I wonder if I could even make a noise come out of one now, 20+ years later.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'd love to work outside doing some kind of "build it" thing but unless you work for yourself you tend to give up a lot of freedom to many office jobs have to offer. I know not everyone has freedom in their office, but I can decide to dick off for a couple hour lunch, come in an hour late, or leave early to go on a bike ride.

If you're part of a labor crew, good loving luck having that kind of autonomy.

Also, you know, I like my income and health.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Well, yeah, I just mean it's a lot more simple than the article makes it out to be. Trump want to avoid paying tax, convinced a small time crook (and a bunch of real estate lawyers) to go along with it, end of story.

This would be a 24/7 story on Fox News for 6 months+ if Obama had done it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

My god, I’m 20 again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Turtlicious posted:

If you can afford a 900k house why can't you sell it and then buy a 300k house and then just live off of the remaining 600k

Lol

• Locked thread