Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

if Tom Brady ran as an independent, on a platform of apple pie and baseball and flatly refused to answer a single policy question he’d win in a landslide
So you don't know a single thing about football do you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Lessail posted:

getting jacked off by an invisible hand must feel crazy good
man just sit on your hand until it goes a little numb or something

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Fuji apples have always been insanely bland every time I’ve ever had them. Maybe I’m just not getting them in season or something.

Jazz is my favorite of the “newer” varieties, but I’m also a Granny Smith degenerate. I love tart :shrug:

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
God this poo poo is just so fake and stupid.

Die already, tech startup industry.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Spaced God posted:

Twitch just lost their original CEO who has been with them since the JustinTV days in favor of the former VP now CEO who is in favor of paying streamers even less than what pittance they already get so this'll be fun lmao
Twitch is 100% unwatchable if you aren't subscribed to a stream or have Twitch Turbo or whatever. Try to have some background noise and watch someone play a game to get interrupted every 5-10 minutes with 9 ads in a row.

i say swears online posted:

if they take away my monthly twitch prime sub imma go joker mode
:hmmyes: I use mine on the MST3k channel.

Abner Assington has issued a correction as of 21:03 on Mar 20, 2023

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Spaced God posted:

Have you never heard of ad blockers my dude?
uBlock Origin stopped working a while ago and the Twitch-specific ones are kinda wonky/don't work well.

i say swears online posted:

i have twitch adblock but sometimes it hangs so i gotta refresh maybe once every half-hour
This.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

lmao eat poo poo and die LinkedIn, loving garbage site

(please let me land this loving gig so i can delete my account forever aka until i get laid off again)

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Koirhor posted:

its all the legal weed now causing the munchies!!
I mean yeah I’m lit as hell right now and just walked down the street for a bacon cheeseburger and fries.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Wild, it’s like living in an era of ever-decreasing quality of goods paired with ever-increasing prices isn’t skipping by video games :monocle:

Other than WoW expansions (because I’m a filthy addict), the only AAA games I’ve purchased at launch/full price in the last decade have been Diablo 3 and Battlefield V, both of which were strong reminders as to why I should never, ever do that again. Similar to my happily waiting for a movie to hit streaming, I’ll gladly wait until a game hits a Steam sale and/or the publisher has (maybe) made a small effort to make it a not-bug ridden piece of poo poo with actual content.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Xaris posted:

also here's potential bank deaths. if u got moeny in these, get it out
https://www.thestreet.com/banking/banks-most-at-risk-morningstar
lol i bank with Huntington

gently caress

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Willa Rogers posted:

I meant he could've done something before the feds did, and still can. If anything would be upheld as an executive order, not letting 10 yr olds work at mcd's till 2 am would.

lol this is extremely untrue for Kentucky

the only thing that stops Kentucky from being northern Florida is the (currently non-chud) governor and the fact that no one really gives a poo poo about Kentucky economically compared to Florida

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Danann posted:

wait until you discover school lunch debt op :capitalism:

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cps-community-diploma-students-high-school-graduation/43881013

Cincinnati Public Schools forced folks in the city to throw money into a collection jar topped off by Joe Burrow so kids in the graduating class would be allowed to get their diplomas. Just holding kids' futures hostage for a little coin (and naturally they only go as specific to say that the money was for "event and participation fees."

loving demon evil.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Xaris posted:

Some more fun shrinkflations:

lol i dont even have words for this. rube-goldberg machination to hide how small it is lol
lol holy gently caress

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
yeah so they’re going to pick the option that fucks our future even more than it already is hosed so that the number goes up

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
I lucked the hell out after 10+ months of unemployment with a job that's two blocks away and only requires two days per week in person, but I'll walk over most days because I have extremely undiagnosed ADHD that prevents me from getting poo poo done at home.

I was thinking of selling my car as a result and then it got backed into by someone who'd stolen a car, though, so there's some give and take :shepicide:

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Xaris posted:

am i the only one that has never ordered a doordash/grubhub/foodrabbit/eat24/foodiebot/whatever? literally, no joke, at least a third of the people in my apartment building are getting doordash for starbucks coffee(!!) in the morning, lunch, and dinner at all hours of the day, and i know because my building is super confusing and they always come to my door first so i'm pretty much redirecting half dozen doordashers every day

i genuinely do not understand delivery brain. i refuse to
I've used it twice when I've been sick and didn't have anything around to make since I hadn't been to the grocery; most recently a few weeks back when I was blasting 101ºF fever and wasn't sure if it was COVID and so had some contactless delivery for some dinner.

Even with my brain cooking out of my head, I still remember it being a poo poo service that took almost an hour. No idea how people are using this poo poo regularly.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
crypto ftw?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Some signs that the Titanic is sinking, this trend is likely to persist but Titanic should maintain its buoyancy for the foreseeable future.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

cat botherer posted:

it’s going to be really exciting to see how far, and in what ways, I’ll continue to degrade myself and everything I supposedly believe in.
Thread title

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

https://twitter.com/Yoppchop/status/1670871111163060225

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
not gonna lie, kinda owns that our government doesn't give a poo poo

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Centrist Committee posted:

falling rate of profit at the end of the end of history makes for some strange ideological developments
Commodus used to “fight” in the arena during his reign as emperor. Same poo poo, different century.

holefoods posted:

I hope they both die
:hmmyes:

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Centrist Committee posted:

safe, affordable, means-tested access to the
struggle
Establishing a Pell Grant program that gives recipients access to the struggle after starting a business that operates for three years in a disadvantaged community.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Goons with baby palates can’t handle an IPA.

Bell’s Two Hearted is one of the best beers ever made.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

spacemang_spliff posted:

I hope the scrotus just precipitated a recession and wall st crooks jumping out of windows
lol my man you’re acting as if those Wall Street crooks won’t get a massive government bailout when a recession kicks in

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

sullat posted:

When I was in college there was a Polish guy who'd been there for 8 years. Rumor had it he was on some Polish academic scholarship that would pay him as long as it took. He was still there when I graduated.
Yeah, I had an 80-something year old Polish guy in my Russian class back in college 20 years ago who had been going there for almost 15 years or so (state universities are free in Kentucky if you're over 65). I was one of the earlier students to get to class so we'd chat; he already knew Russian (since his dad was Russian?) and he spent the war in a concentration camp because the part of Poland he was living in was invaded by the Red Army and they were conscripting fighting age men, so he ran west.

Wild stuff. RIP Henry, you were a cool, albeit smelly, person.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Gorson posted:

That electric Hummer is the best indicator that no change is possible to car culture and the whole thing needs to be torn down. The public is desperate for cheaper more efficient transportation, and you can take the E Hummer as GM's final response to that. People's memories are so short they forgot Hummer nearly disappeared around 2010 because we decided collectively that they were vehicles by jerkoffs, for jerkoffs. Remember huge Hummer dealerships with obstacles you could drive over, and two years later they were all had KIA or Hyundai signs? Just wait 10-15 years and you can just do it all over again because we are so loving stupid.
Yeah, my boss and I were having a good laugh about the Hummer EV the other week. I had no idea it existed, only to find out it weighs 4.5 tons (and the battery alone is 1.5 tons of that). loving absolute insanity that it's permitted to be built, but hey, America is a country built by morons for morons.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Stereotype posted:

I’m glad that the American economy is so heavily reliant on the tech sector which is doing such great work innovating with novel products like “twitter but with Facebook branding” and “twitter except not functional” and “plagiarism robot”

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Xaris posted:

don't worry yall, mr goolsbee has it figured out. NO RECESSION! NEVER AGAIN!
I loving hate his name so much holy poo poo

Sure thing Austan

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

there are only two rules

Enterprise is better than Next Generation and deepdish is the superior pizza
only one of these things is true

good luck figuring out which

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
The only time to buy organic is if it's cheaper than the regular store brand poo poo. Like, Kroger's organic ketchup is half the price of their regular version. Other than that, yeah, it's a wild scam.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Akratic Method posted:

I mean, part of the rise in disability payments is the economy getting shittier and people finding ways to get themselves on disability because it's the only variant of welfare that doesn't eventually end and tell you get a job or be destitute. That's been a trend since long before covid appeared.

I'm sure covid has also added more disabled people too, though.
Lol my brother has neuromuscular dystrophy; his muscles are atrophying at a ridiculous date and there's a very non-zero chance he won't live to be 50. It took him several years and several lawyers to get onto SSDI, and he basically can't earn more than a pittance doing any kind of work, lest he lose the pittance he gets monthly.

'The gently caress are you even talking about

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My guess is that a lot of people are delusional about their lifestyles and where they live
It's this. My dad has been one of those fuckin' weirdos that has owned an F-150 or a Silverado for as long as I can remember despite being a pediatric dentist and living in a seven figure house in the burbs.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Vox Nihili posted:

econofreak: wage growth is slowing and jobs are getting harder to find! these are good things and mean we're headed towards a SOFT LANDING

https://twitter.com/JustinBloesch/status/1678468310860439565
love to analyze the financial (and thus physical/mental) well-being of actual human beings via spreadsheet beep boop i'm an economist

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Pro-tip: If you wear a turtleneck, I'm going to beat you up because you're a fuckin' nerd, nerd.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

PoundSand posted:

lack of interest would end up helping a lot of people.
Democrats are definitely interested in helping people.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Glue for milk photographs is really common, too.
I work as a designer at an agency that does food and beverage packaging and yeah, there are a lot of tricks our photographers use just because the actual ingredients themselves would melt and/or get real nasty under studio lighting. Glue instead of milk is obvious in the sense that it won't make cereal soggy; using vegetable oil to make me look juicy/cooked without having to actually cook it, etc.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
:lol::lol:, yeah, why not? I have gently caress-all for retirement/savings, been laid off three times in eight years (along with generally only sticking around for 1.5–2 years at jobs I don't get laid off from), and don't have aspirations to live long enough for the planet to cook me off of it (assuming I don't get gunned down by some Nazi chud the instant I walk out my front door beforehand). Like, gently caress it, I'm going to go places and visit friends abroad before the world starts getting really spicy.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

NeonPunk posted:

That's good right? Or is that bad?
We must consult The Number™

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
A brewery/brewpub is insane profitability with markups; there's no distribution middleman in between them and a store/restaurant, so it's just right in their pockets. I used to work at one of the biggest craft breweries in the country and we'd charge $5 for a pint (pre-COVID, I think it's $7 now) and the cost of that versus how little it costs to make 16oz of beer is ludicrous. Assuming your beer isn't lovely and you aren't a raging alcoholic who gives it away, you'd have to be a goddamned idiot to fail in that industry.