Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
Speaking about wormholes, the new changes in the expansion are worthless in my opinion.
Seems that CCP doesn't know what to add to the game anymore, they could listen to their player base though, but that doesn't seem an option to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Fix Lag posted:

I would take running anomalies in Deklein over running sites in a C3 any day.
Same here. Way more easy, and safer. And with the right ship, it's very fast and profitable. especially when you get faction spawns.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
Why the hell did they remove the 'Arbalest' Modules?

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
I never thought CCP would ever do such a bad update. They could've restrict mass going through a Cyno, to limit power projection, or something similar. Reducing range to 5LY and DAT jump fatigue, it ruined logistics in null IMO. And I won't talk about the pod express changes..

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I think they simply expect people not to travel very far from their homes.

Yeah, and they think that nullsec will be less stagnant. HAHAHA. Ratting carriers here we come!

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
And as I've seen from the official forum post, CCP Greyscale won't be reading it anymore and he'll just go through the changes (and he states he's been reading every post up to 200 pages, yeah sure).

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

rafikki posted:

I made the character "Greyscale Is Bad" the other day.

I've just seen Greyscale in an interview. Now I know why it's HIM making these awful changes, just look at him, oh gawd.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Libluini posted:

For testing, so what? It's a nice idea. Hopefully this way more people see how horribly slow those tubs are and go back to flying normal ships more satisfied after that.

Finally I can test a Titan! Can't wait to fit one in Sisi, I love CCP just for this lol.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
I'm glad they've set the JF jump range to 10LY. This patch is now perfectly fine to me! Yay

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Schlampa posted:

Running escalations is a full time job for the runners in Dek now. You could say that we have noticed.

X-Type loot is going to plummet.

The loot didn't get nerfed though right? That's more isk! Yay

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

ranbo das posted:

Apparently CCP talked about a trailer for something on a podcast that Manifest was a guest on. It would be classic CCP to say this week would be interesting and release a pretty video.

I mean, i like the trailers and all, but they're not that big of a deal.

They just want to keep the hype up, I'm sure it won't be such a big surprise.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Laserpig posted:

Just returned to EVE, time to learn the game properly now because I've just come to the realization that no matter how many times I type "best PvP/Sandbox MMO" into google, I'm never going to find anything other than a pile of dogshit if I don't just suck it up and get back into EVE.

So I've just copt myself a shitload of plex and purchased a nice little 22Mil SP focused PvP pilot from the character bazaar, currently soloing around lowsec losing ships trying to learn the dance.

Good job in not wasting the isk on expensive ships or officer stuff like alot of rich dudes do, because they just think they can win with that. I hope you purchased a good enough character.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Laserpig posted:

It's decent enough to build on, 23Mil SP currently, good focused core skills in armor, engineering, gunnery, navigation, drones, ship command and all that essential stuff trained to level 5, currently training up for T2 medium and large weapons, as well as Gallente cruisers, HACs, Battlecruisers and Battleships.

Currently just finding my feet in lowsec losing Frigs and Assault Frigs.

Nice. It is indeed a good character. You might want to join the GoonWaffe corp in EVE, they're based in NullSec but they will help you out with tons of stuff and also give you content, the instructions are on the first/second thread as you already probably have seen. Good luck!

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/44057847/

The pain. And the loot fairy dropped the capital rigs, what a loving lucky ganker.

Sometimes the loot fairy is bad, sometimes it's adorable. You have to deal with it, and please don't move 1b+ (not even 100m actually) in a T1 Hauler.. would've been worth it spending some isk on Red Frog and being safe. I don't know if that was you but it was a very useless and idiotic loss.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

Of course, changing how the WL functions, primarily to remove the "free intel right here!" aspect, would piss off a lot of people, CCP would be reluctant to do it. I expect they've definitely considered it plenty over the years though.

As in every EVE patch, adapt or rage quit. We raged for days on the Jump Fatigue change but CCP in the end didn't bother much. And now look, most of us (atleast me) are still playing heh, it will piss off alot of people indeed though.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

RattiRatto posted:

It's pretty hard to even imaging something that can be able to strike well over a t3 destroyer without overwhelming every other ship flying in space as today

It's always like that. T3 destroyers will eventually get nerfed in a future for some reason like everything.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Hexyflexy posted:

Go to Curse, Go to Curse, Go to Curse.

Lots of people, lots of friends to make, lots of things to shoot. The stations are well stocked due to vast amounts of PVE people.

You will die lots, but who cares, use lots of cheap frigs.

Literally filled with Newbies to shoot at, miners in belts. It will be fun.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

orange juche posted:

Story of my eve life pre Phoebe. Now my carriers are parked in YA0 awaiting something to happen, but if they get locked there forever I wouldn't care much anymore, they're virtually useless.

As dreads, as almost any jump-capable capital. CCP just wants us all to leave the game I believe, why don't they just remove them

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

"Friendly" and "duel" , very intelligent.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Spaceman Future! posted:

I didn't mean to imply that *living* in sov is endgame, just that leading a fleet and capturing sov should be. any capture ship would need logistic support, everyone still has a role, mixing one high sp dude in with 20 whatever you feel likes does not strike me as a high bar and it encourages inclusion of multiple skill levels.

EVE is a Sandbox, everybody can have their own endgame.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

Since no one seems to remember the name of the other guy. We might as well record it into history that Mandozer was the main of the guy who stole 250 billion from miniluv.

The guy was called Globby.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014
FC! I'm tackled by the gate!

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

inkmoth posted:

Yes, the current version is only recommended for developers - it has some pretty harsh issues still that need to be worked out before a proper consumer release, so I wouldn't recommend one unless you're developing for one.

Unfortunately, there is no consumer release date yet - Palmer Lucky (their leader) is very hesitant to put one out, so I wouldn't expect a very long lead time but that's just a guess.

We do know that this year is looking less and less likely :shrug:

It's probably going to get release next year, they still have big issues to fix as you said and we all know that it does take time, i'm just a bit pissed off that Facebook bought OR..

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

ChickenWing posted:

OH ALSO

I imagine anyone who knows who lilith5 is will find this vaguely hilarious.

Unfunny Poster please tell us when he tries to lead an unironic mwd rupture/ab logi fleet and you all troll him out of your alliance :sun:

E: aw apparently he's in PL proper now. Okay someone in waffles keep me posted

Wow he went with the "Waffles" !? I remember joining alot of his fleets but some if not most of them were 'meh', poor PL

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

Been appreciating this chat as I have recently upgraded my ratting to ishtar and mtu and was wondering what to do with all of those cans of loot that I had just been leaving on the field otherwise.

Get in a carrier and rat in JU- area as soon as you can. Fit a Cyno and you're good to go

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

MorsAnima posted:

Ironically enough, the effort to steal everything not already bolted down is also fairly significant. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'd prefer to just trash it all as lazy as I am.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

goodness posted:

One of his only kills of course,

Wow never seen such a red killboard ever. That guy has to quit eve. OR go mining, maybe he can fix his killboard by shooting rocks

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Mitsuo posted:

It's still loving amazing that as N3 disintegrates, Nulli is actually evacuating to a system called 3-BADZ. I mean, just, uh, wow.

Well atleast that demonstrates that they have some sort of common sense and they know they are actually bad.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

darth cookie posted:

because killing stuff is fun. Not everything is done after a cost/benefit analysis.

Yeah, all EVE players should have that type of mindset. Fun/HR not ISK/HR

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

DARPA posted:

Triggering concord gets no insurance payout, but does that apply once concord is triggered or only when concord is the last hit?

It's based on you triggering concord, so if you have a GCC, no insurance.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

McGuirk posted:

http://pizza.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=28641278

Goon bros are so rich they just ejected and popped all the ships :(

We Pizzas are poor so we have to loot them lmao

Whoa I had no idea that image was so big. Someone crop dat poo poo!

Why do everybody post their paladin screenshots these days? Is it a new vogue? I'm buying it because of this.

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

McGuirk posted:

When you are a bad enough dude to fit 75mm rails and shoot a super with one, you can get one...

http://pizza.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=28641318

drat I didn't notice it! That's badass, have to try it too. Amarr wannabe Gallente.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NyxBiker
Sep 24, 2014

Libluini posted:

Time to spend my illgained SKIN-goods on some implants, I guess. (The other plan didn't work out thanks to the market crashing, after all. :v:)

Are they worth it using them and occupying their slots in PvP/PvE?

• Locked thread