Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Rabhadh posted:

Grenade bandolier on everything, never stop chuckin' grenades.

Seconding this. Multiple grenades is the difference between injuring a bunch of dudes and killing a bunch of dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Stanley Pain posted:

That sucks. Have too many resources :haw: invested in my VS and TR dude on Connery to move for better ping :/

I stopped playing my level 90+ Connery VS so I could run with goons because I finally gave up hoping that they'd implement server xfers.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

It always astounds me that the TR have really good guns but they complain about them.

You could give them a gun where it can one-clip a Vanguard (even with the shield up), each bullet gets an explosive blast radius, the bullets are hitscan, and you get a handy from Kat Dennings every time you pull the trigger.

And they'd still find something to complain about. :ughh:

In other news, I might pick up the advanced Steam bundle with the NS-15m and the Underboss, how are those guns?

Anyone else getting anoyed by constantly getting spammed down by VS heavys, just blocking M1 and going AFK to farm?

And why do I have a crappy TR gun, which shakes more than a pneumatic hammer?

Something is terribly wrong about recoil balance in this game.

While most TR weapons are unuseable after 30 meters, VS just have to hold the trigger and wait for the kill.

How the hell shall we TR compensate 1 milimeter recoil kicks on the screen on a 700+ RPM weapon?

That is less than 0.1 second time to compensate the recoil, that is impossible.

VS 500 RPM can compensate that much easyer, so why do they have ~0 recoil?

I don't even try to fight VS anymore, except it is a small base.

Somehow I am annoyed of being murdered with 100% accuracy on 100 meters range.

Did anyone else notice, that you can mostly only spawn into fights against VS?

I have to go to the warpgate and grab a Mosquito, when I want to get away from a Vanu fight, simply because there is no spawn to any NC fight.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Manslaughter posted:

Source your quotes

That's no fun. You guys know it all comes from the official forums.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

More like tsunderer, am i right? :blush:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Directive loss update:

quote:

In simplest terms, when a zone crashes and players log back in immediately it puts their character in a bad state and removes progress. We are hopeful we've fixed the zone crash we've been seeing recently and are currently working on resolving the issue with characters.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2fdina/twitterradarx_for_those_of_you_still_impacted_by/ck8j2zz

Would have been nice to update how long you should wait, I'd personally suggest at least 5 minutes.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Periphery posted:

Have they said anything about people getting back their lost progress or is that never going to happen?

quote:

Let me try and word that differently. We are still discussing what we are going to do for folks impacted. We won't make any of that available until we are sure it's fixed.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2fdina/twitterradarx_for_those_of_you_still_impacted_by/ck8qu6z

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So, I just finished auraxing the Lasher, after using it pretty much continuously over the last month or so. Here's my trip report:

The Lasher is the VS unique Heavy Gun. It does 230 damage within 10m falling to 180 at 65. This is the highest damage/shot for any non-shotgun gun, but with a 333 rpm rate of fire, it's also the slowest. Its unique feature is that each shot explodes when it hits something, dealing between 75 and 25 damage (this damage is included in the total damage numbers earlier). Here's my stats together with the Orion, which is also auraxed even though it's not showing 1160 kills:

The lasher is not good when used 1v1 at close range. If you turn a corner and bump into someone, you're probably going to die. The ideal lasher position is above your enemy and at moderate range, preferentially a large number of enemies. There are also interesting special cases. It's handy on a point hold spamming doorways. You'll have a bit of warning before someone turns the corner, and they'll be damaged before they get a chance to fire. It's also good firing up into damaged base turret enclosures. Near the end of my run I killed 5 engineers in a row who apparently were so intent on repairing a turret that they let me kill them with splash damage alone. It also really hurts MAXs, you can really tear one up at range. When using this gun, I was running with the Marker implant, which auto-spots anything you damage. I feel that this provided some good synergy and I got a bunch of spotter ribbons.

Overall it was fun gun to use, but it takes some getting used to. It also takes some unlearning going back to regular guns. Along with the lancer its one of the most "Vanu" of weapons, and if you're playing a heavy you really need to give it an extended run. The times where you get the drop on a crowd around a sunderer are glorious. On the other hand, you don't want to be the first guy running into a room with it. A+++ would aurax again.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Pand posted:

Holy poo poo they fixed splash in VR on test! Oh yeah also the new striker is on it.

Tell me about [the new striker]

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Ryuga Death posted:

For the TR MAX, should it have two of the same chainguns or a different type of chaingun on each arm? Like a mercy and a mutilator?

Also, after trying out the pounders in a fight, why would/does anyone bother with the fractures?

Fractures were amazing bullshit when released, also easier to hit stuff at range?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Fart Car '97 posted:

Ban This Sick Filth

These poor fuckers had 2 Airhammers and a Canrasser circling them and they just kept trying to push out of their Sunderer hiding spot.. And we were defending. They didn't even need to :psyduck:

Literally worse than hitler

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Nakar posted:

I don't understand why people who die to grenades continue to stand near enemy resupply terminals. The grenades will only stop when people can't restock, you guys!

Oh hey the Baron's finally on sale? How is it? I used it a bit with Slugs on PTS when testing directives but haven't really bothered with it much since. Seems decent for a shotgun but the tube magazine is worrisome.

I think I get killed by it more than any other non-jackhammer shotgun, for what that's worth.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Away all Goats posted:

The gently caress? AV grenades don't even do 1000 damage? How they do one shot entire rooms then? Resistances?

I carry 4 and never throw less than two at a time.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Is it wrong to want cosmetic armor for my Flash that makes it look like a jetski? That might justify the empty wet parts of Hossin.

Snowmobile flash for esamir

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Mortimer posted:

buying the one doesn't get you the others on all factions does it?

if it doesn't why wouldn't I just use my certs on it?

You should use certs to buy weapons unless you really want to have a weapon now.
Station cash is for cosmetics :colbert:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm confused, when I use it the Solstice (non SF) seems like a very good gun, but I thought all Vanu guns were trash?

sitchelin posted:

The Solstice isn't that bad. It's just the Trac 5-S without the burst fire, attachment variety, and extra 10 rounds in the magazine!

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
My read of the notes is that, rather than 1 kill/50 nanites cost for vehicle kills, it'll just be 1 kill. An improvement, but lancer auraxium is still a long ways off.

Also RIP welfare certs.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

BY TIMMY - AGE 6

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
To step away from stupid gunchat for a minute

:henget:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
$5 off station cash cards at gamestop (33% discount). Probably as good of a sale as you're likely to get nowadays. Americans only. :fsmug:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/save-on-station-cash-at-gamestop-us-stores-only.204389/

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

folgore posted:

If you want to "look good" do not buy shatter or palm camo

I have the Heavy Assault auraxium armor + palm camo. A goon (forget who) described the look as "track suit". Presumably of a Lakers fan, since the palm looks gold and the aurax is obviously glowing purple.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Nakar posted:

The goal of the game is to never be on the point, but ever on the outside throwing grenades in.

Learn this and many other weird KDR tricks discovered by a DA member they don't want you to know about!

I saw DA actually capture a base today. Yes, I'm as shocked as you are.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

go3 posted:

dont post on reddit tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

nothing but net

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Epic High Five posted:

Ah yes but it's FRZA month!

I normally avoid biolab assaults, ESPECIALLY after midnight, but the platoon wanted it and they'd done well so hey, whatever. We got the gen room in a glorious charge. The problem came after that, when everybody dug their heels in and refused to push C or the SCU.

There was still 2 platoons of the NC at Nott when we joined them. Honestly, if it weren't for the VS pushing 200+ to our warpgate every time we left the lane I never would've left the Eastern side of the map with the TR, it was just nonstop fantastic fights and they were utterly helpless against our 10+ Stealth Vanguard wolfpacks

The highlight for me was rocket primarying YoursTruly 3 times in about a minute.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Leal posted:

Didn't they actually make the heavy shield not protect against headshots citing that "Its so skillfull players can't be cheesed with the shield" then silently re-enabled that feature?

Cause I mean, god knows in a game where fuckheads pop around corners/over hills, press f and fire a rocket that can one shot anyone the only thing one can do is fire a no sway sniper in their dome and now that can't be a thing anymore.

Counterpoint: gently caress all snipers

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I blame the AT Grenade nerf.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I'm just tired of all these shadow wars.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Synnr posted:

I remember someone posting an image of the grenade stuff, but did that get changed for the VS at some point recently? Because AV grenades have been bouncing like poo poo since they made them sticky.

I think all AV grenades use the same model (the cylinder "can" looking thing). However, each faction's frag (and sticky) grenades have a slightly different appearance.

VS:

TR:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Evilreaver posted:

I believe if you stick a grenade to them, it does ignore, but nearby explosions count flak armor.

Kinetic forever anyway, since anything you'd use Flak against (direct rockets/AV nades) doesn't work. Except if you're fighting tanks, then Flak obv

Flak lets you survive C4, which will otherwise one hit kill you.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Is hitting someone with one of the new activated knives still a one hit kill? Because that's gonna suck.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

treizebee posted:

The only thing that carried over were lasher and av nade kills. I assume that is because the final requirement on both is to aurax them. Max, regular, and launcher kills all reset. I don't care about regular because i got my drat battlegoose, but another 800 launcher and 300 max kills is just silly stupid.

^^^ Not even all ribbons carry over. My air deterrence is reset to 0 out of 1 thousand freaking 200.

Having completed the ha aurax directive my advice is to ignore air deterrence. 1200 is just absurd.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

You could, but TR/VS have fractures, pounders, comet, and lancer arms, which are more or less the same but entirely easier to aim with than falcons/ravens. Ravens are poo poo and it takes about 3 direct hits to do the damage of one direct falcon hit, and contending with falcons being single shot it makes accurately hitting another max moving around especially difficult.

Have you considered that you're bad at video games, especially this one?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Certainly, I've come to terms with it many months ago. But I have sunk a good bit of money into a particular faction and up and leaving it doesn't make much sense.

Did you have anything valuable to say?

I think "stop posting" is the most valuable advice I can give.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I have a theory.

During an alert, the various faction zergs will find themselves slowly grinding down the various lanes until they run into an easily defensible base, where they generally end up bogging down, and, if beaten, result in an opposing zerg pushing back in the opposite direction.

Small outfits trying to capture outside the zerg lanes will generally find themselves crushed by the "top tier" outfits (AC, TIW, NUC, etc), since those outfits would rather do this than try to capture a base*. The main way a faction gets ahead is by having a mid-sized outfit drop on a point and be coordinated enough that the "elites" would rather fight somewhere else. This is what GOKU does.

* This, I believe, is why you see a lot of hate for "redeployside" on the official forums/reddit, it's people in small outfits or singles who start ghost capping a base, get it down to a minute or so, then get utterly murdered by AC pouring out of the spawn.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

what happened posted:

LOL GOKU only takes bases with 2X Overpop

I know you're joking, but you generally need to have at least a 1.5 overpop or you're not capping the base. Some are easier, some harder. A good room hold at a defensable point far from the spawn can win against superior numbers.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Davethulhu posted:

I think "stop posting" is the most valuable advice I can give.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

what happened posted:

i feel like playing NC more

Whatever you do, don't get in a max. I hear those are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

what happened posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/nivx
nivx has decided to release his hacks!!!

those snap turns he makes are breaking my brain

• Locked thread