Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I have godawful insomnia so I watch a lot of Netflix for background noise.

Instructions Not Included was really sweet and touching, about a Lothario being suddenly saddled with a baby after a former hookup abandons her to him.
Station Agent was good too, and Peter Dinklage's big breakout role.

And if you're into sports at all, there's a lot of good 30 for 30 documentaries on there. Even if you're not that into sports, they're still interesting. I don't give a crap about Nascar, but an episode about it kept me interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

blood_dot_biz posted:

Highly recommend The Barkley Marathons if you're in the mood for a lighter documentary. It chronicles an insane 100 mile (theoretically), 60 hour footrace through the Tennessee wilderness that most don't even get halfway through. Really great stuff.

Agreed. I couldn't even fathom people trying to accomplish that kind of feat, even if I got really squeamish at the part about the one competitor lancing his godawful blisters. I got legit bummed when some of the runners they followed dropped out of the race even.

Valley Uprising was kinda similar, looking at the history of the guys that go extreme climbing in Yosemite. It did kind of give me the willies though. Especially when one guy has a gopro and is tightrope walking without a harness across a canyon.

Today's Special was another good movie I watched recently. A sous chef takes over his father's flagging Indian restaurant in Manhattan with help from a quirky cabbie. It's nothing to inventive, but sometimes I want carefree, breezy movies.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LogisticEarth posted:

I checked out Cold in July on Netflix yesterday and was thoroughly pleased. It's got a good balance of thriller and dark comedy. "Everyday dude gets drawn into larger mystery" kinda story. The film probably was 10-15 minutes too long and I wasn't totally happy with where they went for the climax but the trip there was worth it. Nicely detailed, no character bloat bunch of interesting but believable twists.

I'm finishing it up now, and I agree. I went into it just thinking it'd be about father is angry his son was killed and terrorizes Michael C. Hall's family, but then poo poo took an interesting turn. And man, the scene where they realize what's on the video tape they stole, Michael C. Hall and Don Johnson really nailed the 'grim horror' expression.

Standoff was a good movie too, pretty tense, even though the premise is just Laurence Fishburne and Thomas Jane in a stairwell shouting at each other. A little girl witnesses a hitman offing people in a graveyard and gets pictures of it, he chases her and she ends up stumbling across Thomas Jane's farmhouse, who's a suicidal ex-army officer. The titular standoff ensues, since Jane's character only has one shell left. It's pretty tense, and Fishburne was chewing the scenery like crazy. The ending where Bird goes to shoot him and it turns out the shell was a dud the whole time was a real 'oh drat!' moment

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

david_a posted:

Yeah, Asylum seems really loving smug about making money on no-effort cash-in trash from an interview I heard.

Back when Zodiac came out, I told my friend about it. A few days later he texted me 'This movie blows. I've been watching half an hour and Gyllenhaal hasn't even shown up'. Turns out he'd been watching an Asylum (or other mockbuster company) movie called The Zodiac or Zodiac Killer or something.

On HBO Go I stumbled across a Spanish language film called Kamikaze. It was billed as action, but it's really more of a dark comedy. About a suicide bomber. He's all ready to stick it to the Russians by blowing up a plane headed for Madrid, but the flight is cancelled before takeoff due to snow, and all the passengers are diverted to a hotel for a few days. The film is kinda all-over the place and falls flat thematically at times, like it's not sure if it wants to be a comedy, a drama, a thriller, a social commentary, but for what it was, I liked it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Cocoa Ninja posted:

That's a great logline, "A suicide bomber is forced to spend a weekend with his intended victims when the plane he was going to blow up is grounded due to weather...hilarity ensures." Too bad they bungled the execution.

Yeah, like I said, the movie couldn't make up it's mind what *exactly* it wanted to be or what tone it wanted to set. Though if nothing else, I thought the part where the bomber goes up to sing karaoke is worth any slogging/'meh' parts of the movie.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I have a guilty pleasure for Korean drama films, even if they get goofy as Hell sometimes. Flu on Netflix is a decent 'Contagion' type flick about an illegal immigrant that unwittingly spreads a mutated strain of avian flu. The ending was a little meh, but the scenes of the chaos going on were good.

The Showdown is on Hulu, and it's about three survivors from a battle against the Ming empire are holed up in an abandoned inn, trying to figure out how to get back before reinforcements find their hiding spot. My boyfriend said it made him think of Hateful Eight. Good fight scenes, but the only problem was, it took me about half an hour to keep the two high-ranking officers straight, because they had the same uniform, hairstyle, and facial hair, only one guy had a blue bandanna and the other had a red one. Flashback scenes were easier because ol' Player One had an earring and a fancier hat.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yesterday a doc named Mommy Dead and Dearest dropped on HBO Go and HBO Now (not sure if it is on any other streaming sites).

I'd recommend it because holy poo poo it is the most mind blowing, but also gut-wrenching thing I have ever watched in my life. It was based on the murder of a woman, Dee Dee Blanchard that took place in 2015. Initially, it seemed like her very ill 'special needs' daughter Gypsy, whom she was very close to, had been abducted, but it turns out to be one of the biggest, craziest, most :aaaaa: cases of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munchausen_syndrome_by_proxy and insane child abuse on the face of the loving Earth that built and built until Gypsy loving snapped.

It's seriously jaw-dropping.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 17, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SaavikSpocksDaddy posted:

Just watched this and it was a very fascinating case that was hard to watch. Definitely recommended!

I wish they'd explain more about the dad's visitation rights while Gypsy was growing up, actual interviews with Gypsy's boyfriend (Nick) and his family and more time exploring Dee Dee as a person and her feelings towards Gypsy. She felt like a carciature but there's a lot of questions like 'why' and 'did she really love her daughter?'
More third party people that interacted with Dee Dee/Gypsy throughout the years but I'm just brainstorming.

Regarding the verdict I can't think of a person that deserved a suspended sentence more than this poor girl; after all that she was put through; and the fact who knows what drugs were force fed her by her mom at the time I was so goddamn agnry they gave her ten years

They mention it a little with the dad that the mom kept moving further away and was hard-selling the poor health and 'mental age', but they could have touched on that more, yeah. I agree on your other points too Well, I know that the boyfriend/ his family declined to be interviewed, and it seems like they couldn't exactly do a whole heck of a lot of third party people through the years, because as they mentioned, if family got suspicious, she moved further away/cut contact and friends/neighbors mentioned she was always in the room w/ Gypsy and constantly holding her hand. So, like, a lot of it seems like nobody actually knew what she was really like as a person.

I would have also maybe liked more of an indepth discussion of Dee Dee's early years that soured her whole family on her so badly (spoilers because of extreme WTF) the offhand way the stepmother just dropped 'she poisoned me with weedkiller; I almost died' and the fact her own father was pretty much like 'flush her ashes down the toilet, I don't want 'em', and what exactly normal stuff Gypsy does/gets to do now. Like classes? Hobbies?

This interview with her cousin (the tattoo shop owner from the doc) has the most goddamn :smith: final quote, ugh goddamn.
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/gypsy-blancharde-murder-dee-dee-jail-131980

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 17, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Quiet Feet posted:

Just finished watching Stakeland II: The Stake Harder and it's basically fan fiction someone wrote after watching the first movie.

They made a sequel? What in the Hell?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Honestly, I think it just comes down to the fact that she's dumb and there's probably no actual explanation

I think two sheltered/socially awkward/mentally unwell people + the internet + weird fetishistic fantasies + 'we could be together if my mom was out of the way' just was a dangerous recipe.

Did anybody else burst out going 'ugh, no, ew, gross' when the doc showed the dd/lg page when discussing their online fetish chats? (also, I just realized cine d has a documentaries thread!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richardson_family_murders

Back in 06 there was this hosed up murder case. there was no Munchausen by proxy going on, but a 12 year old girl and the 23 year old guy300-year-old werewolf she was in love with murdered her whole family because her parents forebid the relationship for super obvious reasons. And of course they had a lot of incriminating poo poo online.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

So is it based on Castlevania 3?

My only hope is that they would work in some of really weird NES era translations.

'Get a silk bag from the graveyard duck to live longer.'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Oh word, Zodiac is gonna be back on Netflix again.

To this day I'm still boggled it got zero Oscar nods (unless it came out in some weird window where it came right after one year's and was forgotten by next year's...)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yeah, Hap and Leonard is amazing. And if you have AMC, you may be able to still stream the second season on there (I guess Sundance is an affiliate?).

Christine is on Netflix now, about troubled 70s Sarasota anchorwoman Christine Chubbick, not the evil haunted car. It was good, but really pretty sad.

Comedy option from our friends at the Asylum(if you occasionally like to put on some goofy trash before bed) Flight World War 2. A plane hits a storm and goes back in time to 1940. The actor playing the copilot looks like Latino Jimmy Fallon, and there is an incrediblely ridiculous standoff scene where some passengers try to mutiny, and an off duty soldier ends the argument by screaming 'I'm not going to let that happen all because you tried to kill Hitler!'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Unmature posted:

A murderer car is a reporter?

I'm sure you're joking, but I mentioned it a bit back it's about Christine Chubbuck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Chubbuck

She killed herselfon live tv.

Though a murder car chasin' down the hot scoops...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My only slam on Creed was when Adonis moved into Rocky's house and into Pauly's old room, there was no cameo of Pauly's robot (like old and cobwebbed in the closet or something).

Also, that sign for 'bullshit' is not the actual ASL sign for BULLSHIT. But I digress.

It was a great loving movie. I also liked the stylistic bits they did with contenders, giving that little freeze frame with their name/nickname/stats

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Franchescanado posted:

It's even more dumb since Kylo isn't his name, or a name at all, it's a title, like "Darth" or "Captain" or "Sergeant" or "Colonel". His name's Ben.

Don't name your kid after a loving Sci-Fi name, holy poo poo people.

I read some little puff piece about a hospital tech working in a I want to say Tennessee hospital whose first name is Darth Vader. His dad was a huge Star Wars fan, his mom was apparently zonked out of her mind on painkillers post delivery, and lo and behold.

Oh, I found it! http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/04/health/darth-vader-hospital-tech-trnd/index.html It's kind of a nice, :3: little story, except for, yanno, the guy not really liking Star Wars.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

XenJ posted:

Jean Claude van Johnson.

You have no Idea what I'm talking about but the name sounds familiar to you.
You remember maybe JCD or it comes an Expendable movie in your mind ?
Wrong.
Start watching Jean Claude van Johnson in the first scene you will switch it off or rolling on the floor laughing, the next half hour.

"I have a gift I'm the master of the splits"

I'm still rolling, this poo poo is sooo funny. And for all of you not native english speaking watch it in english really!

"If ready or not Johnson is back"

It got picked up for a whole season? I remember watching the pilot for that and The Tick like, last year.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I watched Tower last night, and it was in interesting framing of the UT Austin sniper killings of 1966.

Since there wasn't a heck of a lot of archival footage from the time, it used interviews from people that were actually there/involved and incorporated voice actors/rotoscoping retelling the stories/showing it as if it had just happened recently. It was really both interesting and sad

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

So was the book imho, so that's no surprise to me. Started out really promising and intriguing with the creepy school stuff and then it's just like "oh hey I'm just copying that ant fungus creepy pasta that like 8 media properties already cashed in on". Also thought the ending was stupid af

I was middlin on Girl with all the Gifts; I thought the setup was creepy and mysterious enough; I liked some aspects, but like all other basic zombie things, it boils down to 'yeah, zombies'; plus the explanation felt a bit like Last of Us. Though at the end when Pady Considine's character was dying from the spore dispersal; I felt pretty sad when it came out that he hated the second gen 'hungries' because his wife was super-pregnant the last time he saw her before the outbreak

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

A MIRACLE posted:

Hot Fuzz, Wet Hot American Summer, Tom Segura's standup,

Rory Scovels new special was excellent

I didn't care for the Rory Scovel special. I shut it off about the time Jack White showed up.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Drunk Tomato posted:

Fake movie violence can be funny, since you know no one was actually hurt or killed. You can kind of smile in that shocked way, or go ewwwww, but it's just a movie. And you can appreciate the work that effects people did, especially if it elicited an honest reaction out of you.

Meanwhile watching people jump off the WTC, even set to Benny Hill music, is not funny past age 13 because you know that each one of those people had a life, family, dreams, aspirations, etc.

When I was in HS in the early 2000s, we had those edgelord types. One trip was to a different HS whose drama club was putting on a production of the Anne Frank play. Other students snickering about the poor acting and such was one thing, but after the play there was a talk from a Holocaust survivor that had survived over two years in Treblinka and lost his entire family there. Students were making fun of him (not to his face/loud enough that he could hear it), for things like the fact he started crying during his story at points, like discussing how he was separated from his mother and siblings upon arrival and that being the last time he ever saw them.

Similar thing happened when I took an elective on Vietnam. Making fun of things from We Were Soldiers and Hamburger Hill, sure whatever. There's startlingly abrupt/almost too absurd, but it's a dramatization. Mocking actual Vietnam vets after they gave a talk in our class, that's hosed.

And on the 'edgelord' front, I watched that Red Pill doc on Prime. It was interesting but also 'ehhhh'. It felt like there could have been more research into claims/independent verification of the stats being tossed out. It also felt like there was a huge whiff on the topic, since the doc maker brings up at the end that there are MRAs, MGTOWs, and Red Pillers, but doesn't really go in depth beyond 'they have different views'. And good lord, the one interviewee with the missing teeth, stained shirts, vape pen (and what seems like a severe anxiety issue). It also felt like a missed opportunity that even though they constantly spouted stats about homelessness/suicide/etc. I don't think 'well guys are viewed as weak/pussies for seeking mental health help' was really mentioned as a possible contributing factor.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Bardeh posted:

I enjoyed The Babysitter - cool soundtrack, decently shot, some good gore. Sure it's nothing particularly deep or profound, but it's fun and doesn't outstay its welcome.

That's how I felt about it. I also liked Robbie Amell (that was the hunky shirtless guy, right?) hamming it up. It was a little goofy, funny and the run time kept it from dragging at all.

Some of the stuff in it kind of reminded me of Tucker and Dale vs Evil

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Filthy Hans posted:

1922, on the other hand, is a slog, although Thomas Jane really does give it his all

Most films based off of Steven King books are total slogs. (Night Shift... not even once)

Thomas Jane is a treasure though. He acts his rear end in everything, regardless of quality. The Punisher and Stand-Off are both guilty pleasures of mine (both on Netflix). Stand-Off also has Laurence Fishburne chewing the scenery like a maniac. I was not expecting a movie about a man trying to prevent a hitman from coming up a staircase to be so entertaining.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Baronash posted:

Any good films in the vein of No Reservations or Big Daddy, where people suddenly end up taking care of kids?

If you don't mind foreign language films, Instructions Not Included ('No se aceptan devoluciones' is the Spanish title) is a Mexican film about a playboy in Acapulco that is saddled with a baby after a former one night stand shows up on his doorstep and ditches the baby with him.

I first saw it on Netflix, but I'm not sure if it's still up there.

E: Raising Helen is a rather Hollywood take on it. It ain't great, but it follows the standard Hollywood formula

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 26, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

drunken officeparty posted:

Not to bring back the Tarantino train, but I just did rewatch Hateful and I had forgotten how much the part where he narrates and goes "and thats why I named this chapter Who Poisoned The Coffee" makes me want to kick him in the mouth until he dies.

I've never seen Hateful Eight, but your comment made me bust up laughing.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I hope I'm not churning up bad blood/more Tarantino chat, but I finally gave Hateful Eight a go.

Verdict: Tarantino is incredibly up his own rear end. It's like he was trying to do The Thing but was too obvious with who was trustworthy and who was suspect (and all of the 'suspect' guys turned out to be the bad guys).

But I will say, Walton Goggins is always a treat.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Steve Yun posted:

I never really thought the murder mystery was the point of the movie though. My main takeaway from the movie was that the "good guys" aren't good and that people will use any flimsy excuse (including the law) to justify their enjoyment of violence. The Hangman says that if an executioner derives any pleasure from killing, it no longer resembles justice and becomes mob justice. By the end of the film, Jackson and Goggins are laughing to themselves as they hang Leigh.

That's a fair point. It was sold to me as a murder mystery, so maybe that's why I was let down.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Franchescanado posted:

It's a mediocre show based on a bad podcast.

So the narration in Lore, is that the actual podcast guy talking? His voice is so... grating, yeesh.

We watched a couple episodes of it, and it's meh. Maybe I did too much reading as a kid because like, the vampire episode, I was like 'I know all this already. Lame.'

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

veni veni veni posted:

I quit watching on the episode that starts out with an actual interesting story about some escaped murderer, just to reveal that it's a total bluff and use it as a seg into something totally unrelated. it's trash on every level.

I stopped after that one myself. They started out with the Bunnyman/Bunnyman Bridge Urban Legend, then it spiralled into a discussion about lobotomies. I thought it was going to be a show about cool urban legends and poo poo. But nah, just some weird voiced snooze fest about things anyone who can read wikipedia probably already knows.

Speaking of, are there any kinds of shows that might scratch the itch for 'weird area-specific or international urban legends? I could stand to waste twenty minutes here and there learning about the Jersey Devil or Kappas or Chupacabras.

Watched The Devil's Candy recently. It's really nothing too special for a horror movie, but the acting's good, Pruitt Taylor Vince is the sort of character actor made for this kind of movie, and if nothing else, I realized Ethan Embry is actually in really, really good shape.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

veni veni veni posted:

Yup. "in 1902, two men escaped a criminal institution, one of them was a crazy rear end killer that murdered people for years. Just kidding none of that happened and it wasn't even based in vague reality! Now I will read the wikipedia page for lobotomy for 25 minutes while some cornballs act it out. It's sort of related to that first thing because I mentioned they were in an institution" -Lore in a nutshell

I like your style. Let's be friends.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I just found out Kitchen Nightmares in on Hulu.

I was trying to explain that Amy's Baking Company episode to my BF, but now I've seen there's like 5 season up, looks like I've got some new background noise to put on. The schadenfreude is the best part.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I did genuinely like the episodes where they took it to heart and really committed to change, but the real draw is the severe train wreck people that were so adamant that their food was amazing and Gordon didn't know what the gently caress he was talking about. Then the little 'epilogue' screen is like 'they closed a month later'.

Anyone know if that Pirate Bar episode is on streaming anywhere? I think it was Bar Rescue, but that was a doozy too.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

tweet my meat posted:

I really liked the one ip man fight with the boxer whichever one that was. Always neat to see western martial arts treated as a legitimate threat in the hands of a skilled fighter instead of just a dumb brawling style that is easily dispatched by the more refined eastern martial arts.

Ip Man 3 where he fought Mike Tyson?

The fight scenes were great, but I wasn't really getting the plot in #3.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Fargin Icehole posted:

US Kitchen Nightmares is just downright insulting. I hate the music, the added sound effects, I hate the editing overall. I don't need a loving sound effect of a bird to tell ME there is a bird in the kitchen. It feels like the show thinks i'm a goddamn idiot just looking for a successful foreign businesman/cook call someone a oval office.

UK Kitchen Nightmares is so drat good.

Is UK Kitchen Nightmares on any streaming service?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody know if Full Metal Jacket is up on any streaming services?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

We watched a movie called Good Satan on prime and we were laughing like idiots the whole time.

Satan gets invited to a party at God's and finds out the second coming is happening and that would mean he'd be committed to Hell forever. So he tries to pull a fast one and trick his way into Heaven.

It's stupid funny and has some hilarious lines. Also Satan is literally a guy in red paint wearing long underwear.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, some of the jokes might be a little juvenile, but at least check out the fight scene towards the end.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Stevie Lee posted:

I slept through half of it while my girlfriend watched it

Ben? Is that you?

I thought it was just fine. I imagine all small town cops are just that drunk/incompetent.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

There's a short documentary on prime called Living Dolls about doll collectors. And not just 'I have a few high-end Barbies' but in the severe mental illness range. It's morbidly fascinating. Home equity loan for gently caress Dolls.

Bonus: when they introduced the one guy, David, I didn't think much of it, until they introduced his 'girlfriend' Bianca, then I let out the loudest 'Ohhhhhhhhhh!'

If any of you guys hung out in GBS during the insanity of the dollfucker thread Dave Hockey showed up trying to throw down against goons. He also owns the actual doll used in Lars and the Real Girl but spent thousands of dollars to make her 'functional

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

These are the risks you take when you watch documentaries about people loving dolls. Roll the dice!

Guys, it's not that bad. Only one of the people in the doc is a dollfucker. The other three are weird-rear end doll people, but they draw the line at loving.

One's a weird hoarder guy that modifies dolls to look like robots (but then makes stop motion movies about said robots banging), one guy is obsessed with Barbie, lives with his mom and barely leaves the house, and the third is a lonely, depressed SAHM with weird gender/sexuality issues that is driving her family crippling debt/financial ruin because she can't stop buying dolls and doll-related poo poo (I feel so bad for her husband and kids).

The Dave Hockey parts are straight up goddamn nasty.

E: I also exposed myself as an internet weirdo because my boyfriend had no clue why I reacted so strongly once I realized it was Dave Hockey. I had to pause and explain the dollfucker saga. I'd like to think his bewilderment was at the tale, not that I knew the details.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Nihonniboku posted:

God that was an atrocious movie and I don't understand how it was nominated for so many awards. It was so hokey and cheesy. And despite the fact that he is half American, Andrew Garfield's American accent has never been that good, particularly when he's portraying a southerner like he is here.

I was really put off by Garfield's southern accent the whole time I watched it; but went :aaaaa: when they had that clip of the actual Desmond Doss speaking at the end and he sounded just as ridiculous.