Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I gave up both of these games around the point where you had to wait a whole day for one minute of gameplay. That's fine for some people, but I just couldn't find the fun in it. I quit Clash of Clans and that Star Wars game for similar reasons though, so maybe it's just me.

I'm not going to claim Clash of Clans is anything but a skinner box designed to part teenagers from their parents' money, but unlike most timer games there's almost always something productive to do (read: raiding). About the only exception is if your storages are full and all your builders are busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

vmdvr posted:

FYI, the two tales of Illyria games (fallen knight, beyond the iron wall) are on sale currently. They're like a cross between an early final fantasy battle system and an Oregon trail resource management system, but with a campaign and a ton of random events. I really like them. Also, they are one of the few good RPGs I've played that are android exclusive, if that matters to people.

Should they be played in order?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Getting in on the trend, gzvs7898

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The new game+ mechanic in YMBAB is uninteresting. Nothing at all carries over, there's no real sense of long-term progress.

Still a decent chunk of playtime for 3 bux.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Snowmankilla posted:

Are there any good non iap RTS games? More like Starcraft then Advanced Wars? I would love something where you build up your base, upgrade your dudes and win battles in minutes vs days. Any suggestions?

Auralux isn't bad.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Antifreeze Head posted:

(other than the rare crystals or one of a kind items)

What do the crystals do?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Does luck do anything? It would be logical if that helped your explorers find stuff or increase the success rate of rushing.

If it's like the other Fallout games, luck makes everything unexpectedly better and is just generally awesome.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Frogmanv2 posted:

Are there any OK empire builders out there? Dead walk, game of war, type build up your base, attack other players, manage resources, that sort of thing.

Doesn't need to be brilliant.

Clash of Clans is probably still the best.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The Machine posted:

Anyone have good RPGs for flights? So, zero internet access?

If you have the survey credits, any Final Fantasies you haven't played yet or have been meaning to replay.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Len posted:

Yeah I've never understood realm grinder. It gets a lot of love over in the incremental game thread and I just don't get it because unless I'm missing something it's just adventure capitalist with a shitload of different skins

That's all idle clickers. But for those of us who have a problem and play idle clickers, Realm Grinder is relatively deep.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Dodoman posted:

Then some tips would be appreciated

This covers most everything in the early game:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/8945-realm-grinder/topics/643873

That will take you to about where this will make sense:
https://www.kongregate.com/forums/8945-realm-grinder/topics/598227-guide-optimized-gem-grinding-2-11-2016

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

Can someone recommend a few games to play on transatlantic flights aka no Internet needed. I can't find a good one. Money isn't an issue, I got something like $22 in my Google Wallet from surveys.

Any final fantasies you haven't played yet?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Pocket Miner 3 friend code: PBPC9309

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

For Pocket Mine 3, I'm having a tough time gauging whether the dailies (most of which are 2 energy) return more resources than (not beating) the adventure levels. Anyone have any input here?

Also, anyone have any issues with some levels not loading until the app is restarted?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Rastor posted:

If you like Egg Inc., Bit City is quite enjoyable

Although those are both probably in the "tapper" category

Yeah, Bit City is definitely a tapper. Unless it's changed, progress gets painfully slow without clicking on planes/ships.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Tagichatn posted:

I accidentally clicked on an ad in baikoh and it forced me into playing ffxv for like a minute or two before the ad finished. Not just watching it, it wanted me to place defense towers and poo poo. Who the gently caress came up with ads like that? I uninstalled it immediately.

You can just treat it like a regular ad. If you don't do anything, you can exit out of it in 30 seconds or whatever.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Sjonkel posted:

Can someone recommend a game that you check up on every few hours and do quests/build stuff/whatever, and stuff happens in the background? I used to play Clash of Clans back in the day, but I only really enjoyed the building aspect, and not the combat part. Anything like that with decent production value and where you make some sort of progress over time, and where you only have to do stuff for a minute or two at a time would be great.

If Clash of Clans clicked with you, Hay Day?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Morpheus posted:

Regarding these kinds of games, what would people suggest are the 'best' ones? Would you say Township/Hay Day are the ones to get?

Between Hay Day, Township, and Farmville, Hay Day feels more polished and balanced. Not that you won't be grinding to make progress, but that's all F2P games.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

I'd be fine with Gacha if so many games didn't also rely on you getting multiples of the same super rare one to merge.

They would find another way to enforce that rarity. I assume they figure out the general amount of playtime/money it should take to unlock a given thing, and work backwards to implement the mechanics to make people spend that.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Dungeon Defense again ... I can't complain about the price/time spent ratio but have to agree that it becomes a grind too quickly. Also the skills seem pretty shallow, like with the vampire character it seems there's not a reason to do anything but spam the cheapest skill with how it stacks (and especially once you unlock auto-skill).

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

mrkillboy posted:

SEGA Heroes, a match 3 game featuring all your favorite Sega characters, came out recently.

Anyone else playing this? It seems to get grindy very quickly.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Sexual Lorax posted:

All right, you miserable bastards, I just got 100% on the Konami Pixel Puzzle picross bullshit, so now I can do something useful with my life instead.

Same today, they give you a bunch of bonus puzzles that seem to be pieces of already completed boss/mini-boss levels. Are these new puzzles for the same pictures, or am I just re-doing puzzles now?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Does anyone have a favorite artillery game for android?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The Quest might fit that mold, not sure if it's playable offline though.

Also not quite what you're looking for, but Stardew Valley and XCOM are playable offline.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Aramoro posted:

Eve Echoes is the best Idle game of the year. It's Eve but on your phone.

1.8gb for an idle game?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE posted:

Any good business games? Love the old tycoon games like Capitalism II, railroad tycoon, etc.

Pocket Trains isn't too ad encumbered and has an achievable end-game.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

owl_pellet posted:

What are some good nonogram/picross games on Google Play? I got 200% on Konami's Pixel Puzzles a couple of days ago and I need another one to play while I'm on the can.

Picross Luna is alright, but those 20x20 puzzles are an eye chart if you're not on a tablet.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Nice! This was really fun on desktop, hoping it holds up on mobile.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

FistLips posted:

Looking for a simple, but fun multiplayer game that does NOT require you to connect with Facebook to play with others. I've enjoyed "8 Ball Pool" by Miniclip, but a bit tired from it by now. Same with Wordfeud. I also like golf/minigolf games, but all of the ones I've found so far have required Facebook connection to play with others. tl;dr: Looking for a simple, but fun game to play with my SO without connecting to Facebook.

Most of the .io type games fit into these criteria I think.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

FistLips posted:

Thanks for your suggestions, guys!

The what now?

https://iogames.top/hubs/android/

Basically really simple instanced MMO games with no long-term progress, but good to pop into for a quick game.

Searching the play store for ".io" seems to bring up the bigger ones.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Kheldarn posted:

Soda Dungeon 2 is available in Early Access. Not sure if it's restricted by location.

Do early access games typically wipe your progress when they go to general release?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Len posted:

Reddit said unskippable ads between floors but I haven't tried it yet

There is a 5 second ad every other time you go through the dungeon, but there's an option to have an ad after each area for extra gold. There are also some 30 second ads to get certain bonuses like reviving or reseting the arena timer, but I haven't come across any mandatory ones yet.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Len posted:

Soda Dungeon 2 feels like the first only with crafting because that always is an A+ improvement to a game

Are Soda Scripts new? That and the dungeon settings make auto-battle a lot more predictable.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Soda Dungeon 2 chat - has anyone been able to crack the boss on dimension 8? It heals for 3.2k when HP gets low, I am nowhere near doing that much damage in a round. This doesn't seem like a problem that can be solved by grinding.

Current setup - thief, hunter, 2x carpenter, 2x nurse. The hunter may be a poor choice because 'mark' also increases how much enemies heal themselves, but this group handles everything up to that boss effectively.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Osmosisch posted:

It already got way too slow and grindy for me at dimension 4 to be honest.

Turns out it was just more grinding. Eventually 4x carpenters and 2x nurses wore past the healing. Dimension 9 was more of the same, and 10 was a cakewalk in comparison.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

A few days into Armory and Machine 2, and it's a decent enough idle game. A lot more varied "gameplay" than most and no unavoidable ads.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, I misspoke. Knorr is real (I found out after googling) but is very obscure here. The other one I couldn't find a thing about.

They throw in fake questions now and then to catch who's just blindly answering surveys, like asking if you've been to a place that you haven't.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

If I could play FTL on my phone I'd probably never put it down.

No one tell Fitzy there's an iOS version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Len posted:

Isn't that iPad only? Or did they update it finally

Oops, you're right. But it doesn't seem like there an Android version for tablets or phones.

E: then again if it's iOS compatible it should be possible to spoof the model type to get it installed on an iPhone, unless there are fundamental compatibility differences between the two. probably the wrong thread for that.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 6, 2021