Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I need to find out how to get the new GC promotion to dump all of this old gear I've been saving. The normal promotion dude is saying he doesn't have a new rank for me.

I didn't see it either, maybe it only comes after sending the doffs out on assignments or maybe it's after the MSQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Good luck to everyone going after apartments and good night.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yes you can complete low level objectives on a sub-60 class.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

There was a reddit thread by a guy who was like "but I never talk about it, why'd I get suspended?!?!?!" and then in the comments it came out that by "never talk about it" he meant he talked about it in a ls, in party chat, in a raid, and a couple of times in general or some poo poo.

What, never? Hardly ever.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cubeland is coming along nicely.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The promotion to First Lieutenant in your GC comes after succeeding the level 40 Squadron mission, according to data miners.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/55h2ya/first_lieutenant_is_unlocked_by_hitting_level_40/

Kinda stupid really that you need to jump through all those hoops for a promotion when you've killed Bahamut, Nidhogg, 8000 primals, Alexander... Ought to be able to swagger in and say "yo, Merlwyb, I'm boss now."

Then Merlwyb shoots you for insubordination.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

My understanding of the BLM rotation at level 50 (and lasting until you get fire 4/blizzard 4) is:

Fire 3 to enter astral fire
Fire 1 until almost out of mana
Blizzard 3 to regain the mana
Thunder 1 while waiting for mana ticks
repeat

There's a lot of detail that goes into when and how to use your procs that I don't know because I don't actually play the class, but that's the basics. Once you're level 60, the idea is that Fire 3 is to enter astral fire, Fire 1 is to refresh astral fire, Fire 4 is for damage, Blizzard 3 is to enter umbral ice, and Blizzard 4 is to refresh enochian.

The reason being Fire 3 is way too slow and expensive in AF3 and Fire 1 gets a passive ability that turns Fire 3 into a free instant cast spell when it procs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

imma be hella pissed if they ever introduce new companions after all this chocobro training/feeding. Hopefully the stars transfer

I just want Maggie to be combat ready. :sigh:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

2 Lines in this weeks Tails

700 lore or THREE Mhachi Demimatters.

I want 2 lines this week real bad.

Don't worry, even if you don't get it the people who do will drive the Materia V market into the ground.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

World PVP.

Yeaaaaah.

I haven't played a good open world PVP game since Wushu and would love to see an MMO do it right.

A magic spell?

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 14, 2016

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

MCH is the one closest tied to Ishgard but it's pretty much just a logical progression based on their Dragonkiller Harpoon cannons. Also because Cid's too busy doing Cid things to teach every WoL shmuck how to shoot a gun.

And then they had their own AST school but they were a bunch of lazy jerks who wanted to avoid actual combat because they could get by in the Ishgardian military just sitting around divining the dragons' movements.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If wrestling ring, why square? - OF

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Your house will gain the ability to scare away your neighbors with its soulless, unblinking stare.

Drive the property values down to the point where you can buy the neighbors' houses and put up more Paissa there.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm glad my early hunches about Monk being the new Dragoon were right.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I mainly use controller for noncombat stuff like fishing. Just lie down, put on a podcast and press the reel button every time the tugging sound effect plays.

SirPhoebos posted:

I really want SE to do more Postmoogle quests, because those went a long way towards fleshing out minor characters.

I know I'd love to learn more about Spikebutt. There's even a HW group of Moogles that can be trained to deliver the post.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Vampire's Vest makes me want BLU even more so I can play it with a Bravely Default glamour.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

put the bi in bicycle posted:

I spent all night but I think I finally understand unspoiled nodes and counterfoils. It took me way too long to figure out you just hit the slot and not use Toil of the whatever and blow half your GP. :negative:

But now I have the botany chest and match Khloe :3:

Don't be like the guy from the quest that introduced Khloe.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Manderbirb barding, 150k MGP

I like how it carries a polishing kit, gotta keep those Godberts shiny.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Xarbala posted:

Oh my god

I don't usually run into PotD pubbies who insist on trying to kill every enemy in every room, but having to deal with them in three different, non-consecutive runs tonight was driving me bonkers. It's really bad when a full party takes as long to clear a set as it would've taken me to speedrun it solo.

Even if you were doing a full 1-50 run avoiding as many fights as possible you'll easily reach 60 well before the endboss, especially since the only difficult fights are in the last set and they throw hordes of rooms filled with three or more enemies at a minimum.

Every person who complains about stubborn pubbies sticking by the open Passage cairn is part of the problem, because the stubborn pubbie is right. Especially if all the treasure chests were already looted.

The solution is to kite the last room's mobs to the cairn.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

To be honest, I'd love it if the gear treadmill was replaced by the glamour treadmill, maybe alongside a Guild Wars 1 style trophy room.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dragoon's job is to pop Battle Litany and then take a nice nap after jumping right before an enemy does an AoE.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Gridania is the culture of being selfish stuck-up assholes under the guise of caring about nature.

The threat of being zerged by a million angry sprites for minor transgressions against the forest probably doesn't help their attitude toward outsiders..

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Limsa's GC may be the furthest from the main Aetheryte but at least it and the market boards are both near one.

Also Maelstrom is the best GC.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RIP fun and easy trolling.

Also holy poo poo those chocobo quality of life changes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just say it's short for The Lords of Slam or something.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Obligatum VII posted:

Hydaelyn is dumb as a sack of rocks (crystals, as the case may be), which is why Minfilia is her chosen avatar. She's far too stupid to be pulling any sort of intentional deception.

She's basically a red text avatar.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

Another good way to get crystal sand is if you have a blue scrip Miner & Botanist capable of doing the 3 gather rotations on Cuprite and Morels. One round of those should get you more than enough blue gathering scrips to get 5 tokens which is a crystal sand. And that's once every Eorzean day.

I tried Vilekin and Poetics and settled on that as my final method.

Or you can g squad members on missions until their bonuses yield scrips and then send them out on missions they have synergy for in order to boost their chances to 100%.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 15, 2016

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Spiderman shirt -> gets hurt and absorbs abilities -> Blue Mage job confirmed

Newspaper Spiderman -> gets hit on the head all the time -> Magic Hammer spell hits people on the head -> Blue Mage job confirmed

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Flash was a Blue Mage skill in 5, so it makes sense.

Thundarr posted:

The only real way to do BLU would be with class quests to learn your monster skills, which would still feel unsatisfying because what you learn is just as static as with every class. And even if they did it that way you'd either need to start from level 1 so you can learn them all from quests (never going to happen) or start at a later level with most of the monster skills already known (boring).

They'd probably have the key skills behind the quests and put bonus ones on world and dungeon mobs. Run Keeper to get Gunship's Flamethrower, fight Greg to get Frog Song and Tiny Song, and so on for iconic gimmick and support skills.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thundarr posted:

The main issue with this is that it works fine in a single player game but not for an MMO as tightly balanced as this one. If you think simply getting bad pubbies in DF is a problem now, wait until you get a BLU and have no idea which skills they have, or if they even have any at all. You can't really make content appropriate for a class if you have no idea whether they'll have everything, or just Goblin Punch.

If BLU is a tank class I'll have no problem outside raids thanks to my tank privilege.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm glad they were a bit more on the ball with that this time around.

No kidding, the delay for HW preorders was ridiculous.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Looking at the system requirements for Stormblood on steam and it says it requires 60gb of hard drive space. I hope that just means that's the total size of the game with the expansion, and that it's not 60gb in addition to ARR & HW.

I mean it can't be, right? That'd be a real big expansion

I'm just glad I was able to save enough money to upgrade my computer before the expansion hit.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I only have to grind out 5000 more tomestones instead of 11000? Sweet.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I leveled my crafters to 60 using moogle quests just so I would continue to be able to repair in stormblood

Same. That and HQ Ishgardian muffins are super quick to churn out at max level.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd have liked to see the Ixal go to Azys Lla

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm not mad that Anima won't let me skip step one of the next weapon. I'm mad that Umbrite was such a massive tome sink and continued to be so long after that step ceased being relevant. That was almost as bad as books.

Leofish posted:

If Stormblood was this, and only this, it would still be good:

Dukka posted:

QoL: the game

:piaa:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Filthy Haiku posted:

Male and female versions of Red Mage artifact armor, spoiled for w/e reason:

I... actually like the male version better. Not that the ladies one is bad, but the cravat is much more stylish in my opinion.

You call that a RDM hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

CuddlyZombie posted:

I've never done diadem 1 OR 2, since they both got such a bad reputation.

Went to diadem once, and only then because I was piggybacking off the DGKK gatherers.

• Locked thread