Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

How do I get guests in my festival plaza that actually give me FC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Starhawk64 posted:

So I've tried playing this and.....the AI is actually using the same dirty underhanded and cheap tactics us players use. My team almost got wrecked by that one teacher's Meowith using Bite over and over again and getting flinched 100% of time.

There's this one fight where the trainer has two Pokemon with a Red Card, he sets up Stealth Rock, and his slowpoke spams Yawn.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just run from Pokemon I'm not trying to catch. :stare:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AlphaKretin posted:

Don't forget the newly buffed Fell Stinger. Guzma certainly didn't. :stonklol:

Having 5/6 of my team swept by an Ariados was an experience let me tell you.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Boomstick Quaid posted:

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/exclusives.shtml

These are the exclusive mons, make your choice. Be aware that moon version has the day flipped so it's nighttime in-game when it is day irl and daytime in-game when it is night irl

You know I'm surprised there are so few version exclusive Pokemon.

You think that at this point they could easily throw in 50 or so version exclusives, it's not like trading for them is hard.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Senerio posted:

I took Professor Oak's advice.

I'm the Caterpie.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So is there anything Lunala can do to take down a Sp-Def focued Aloan Muk. Cause I'm thinking it'd be the best counter to one.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

:laffo: at Kyurem-B being UU.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Bee posted:

Why has Kyurem B always been so low on the totem pole?

Ice is a very bad type to be

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Night Blade posted:

Design wise they're fine, but auto terrain was a profoundly stupid idea so now instead of Mega Khan's on every team you're seeing a tapu on every drat team.
That's still four different Pokémon compared to one.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

hopeandjoy posted:

I finally finished Moon a few days ago (good job sad brains, making me put it down for a year) and I felt so bad stuffing Nebby in a box after Lillie went on and on about how it would be happier with me.

Lillie, I don't use legendaries. :( Take it with you.

You're a monster for not beating the Elite Four with Nebby fyi

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So I'm guessing that a Pinsir evolution eventually became Heracross as development went on.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dehry posted:

This game is going to piss off so many people who only have vague memories of Red/Blue mixed with the anime.

Why?

Riding on Pokemon is at least good.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Parrotine posted:

What mon pairs best with a Porygon-Z and Nidoking in terms of typing for a Battle Tree run? I usually lead with Porygon and Nidoking targets a lot of things the former doesn't, but he's very frail and not great at taking hits, looking for something that I can pivot into better

You could always go for something really tanky like Zapdos, Slowbro or Celesteela.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ever since B/W I've had very large rotating teams thanks to leveling up being so easy.

They're all my friends. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I hope these new moves stick around for Pikachu and especially Eevee for later games.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Grinding levels is not a fun, interesting, or necessary mechanic.

Good thing you don't need to do this to beat any Pokemon game.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Avalerion posted:

You kind of did way back in gold/silver times, those has a notoriously bad xp curve that didn’t even get fixed in the remakes. The recent ones are more likely to leave you overleveled if anything

I mean, you still didn't to need to in order beat the game.

I'd say that Red's the only bad level jump, and he's strictly optional post-game content.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vinylshadow posted:

Yay, Eevee has elemental moves that it will never get STAB for

Yay. Eevee can hopefully give better type coverage to its evolutions!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Paul.Power posted:

Well next time I play I'll be taking on the Ultra Moon E4 with a Farfetch'd with First Impression (and Leaf Blade, Quick Attack, a Stick, Defiant and Adamant nature), so there's that.

I was really confused for a minute because I was pretty sure that First Impression was exclusive to Golisopod but it turns out that nope. It's an egg move for Dux. Just gotta Sketch it first.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Red Metal posted:

Struggle causes you to lose 25% of your HP, which will probably be less than the damage you deal, so Struggling first kills you faster than you kill them.

Struggle didn't have such large recoil in Gen 1. Also, potions.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ariong posted:

I’m guessing that Let’s Go will use the latest mechanics rather than the gen 1. Not positive, but it seems like kind of a weird under-the-hood type thing to go back on.

Oh you were talking about Let's Go and not that video.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

precision posted:

I mean I think people who don't catch and use at least 30 main team members per pokemon game are weird but why punish them, playing through the whole game with the same 6 party members is punishment enough

The chief method you'll gain EXP in this game is catching Pokemon so I'm pretty sure this isn't a big deal.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Watching the trailer they look better in motion

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Eox posted:

I adore the fact that the collective reaction is "oh gently caress this actually looks good"

Pikachu needs a Brooklyn accent.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

precision posted:

Surfing Psychic Raichu :stare:

Well he's getting a permanent spot on the team, sorry Big Togedemaru

Good choice imo.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Golden Gael posted:

You know what's a weird thing to consider? Togetic, Lucario, Pikachu, Wobbuffet, and Marill are all essentially the same stage of Pokemon (basic form evolved from a baby), yet they occupy such wild stat differentials. Thought of this while considering the idea of Let's Go, Marill and Let's Go, Togepi.

I wouldn't put Lucario or Wobbuffet in that category since they don't evolve while Pikachu, Marill, and Togetic do.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Jade Mage posted:

Isn't larvitar heavy as hell? I can't imagine carrying one of those rock-eating suckers around on my shoulder.

If Ash Ketchum can do it so can you. :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Xelkelvos posted:

So assuming it's got an attack based on each of its Evolutions, what's the maximum amount of coverage you can get with that Eevee?

You can hit every single Pokemon that exists with at least neutral damage with Fire/Water/Fairy and a Normal STAB move.

Edit: if willing to sacrifice STAB for coverage you could hit tons more super effectively by swapping Normal for Electric. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kikas posted:

:stonk: :stare:

Those are some impressive stats for a level 19.

It looks like they capped that Drowsee's stats, the max you can get from Candy is 200.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Unless the candies give a ton of points per then maxing out a pokemon is a giant loving unnecessary grind.

Since there seem to be multiple types of Candy I'm guessing there are higher end ones which give lots of stats.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

mabels big day posted:

ive seriously seen like a dozen chanseys and tauros but no Pinsir

Are you playing Pikachu version?

Pinsir is exclusive to Eevee.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Being linear isnt bad.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

mancalamania posted:

This game is a lot better than I expected. Something that drove me crazy about Gens 6 and 7 was how everyone said the way to "fix" the EXP Share from overleveling you was to rotate through a big group of 10+ regular Pokemon to spread out the EXP. But constantly PC managing and shuffling through a big group was so annoying,

The Pokemon box UI is literally worse than the PC UI built up in past games.

You have to scroll down the big lists of all the Pokemon you've caught and select it, pick "Put in your team" and then do the swapping.

In mainline games you just picked a box (usually the first one for your extra team mates), and drag and dropped the Pokemon you were swapping in with the Pokemon you were swapping out.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Nov 19, 2018

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why can Toxic be learned by almost everyone?

Because Generation 1 was not the most well planned of games and we're stuck with it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Larryb posted:

So apart from the obvious collection aspect is there any real postgame content in Let's Go or is it still mostly just Mewtwo?

There are "Master Trainers" for each Pokemon, and you have to do some challenge (often a 1v1 mirror match but not always) to be labeled a Master of that Pokemon.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Amppelix posted:

Yes, dragon was special and ghost was physical. Don't ask me.

Note this meant that before the Physical/Special split Banette was the only Ghost type that could get a lot of use out of its STAB.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Geostomp posted:

I thought that it didn't work at all in trainer battles. I do know that in wild battles, you just end the encounter right there. It also used to act as a discount version of Fly in the overworld, taking you back to the last Pokemon Center you were at, but only going one way.

Let's Go changed how it worked. Now it's a -6 Priority move that makes the Pokemon switch.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Macaluso posted:

I need more water/fire/leaf stones. Where do I get more beyond the ones I've come across? Do they spawn somewhere? Can I only buy them?

If it's still like RBY you can buy them in Celedon City

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I still like that the Special Stat needs nothing but bitter laughter to explain it.