Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Lockback posted:

tl;dr: Wife plays Pokemon Go basically all the time. Now is meeting up with guys her age on her days off to catch all day. I'm insecure about it.

Picuckchu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Rabble posted:

This is a troll, there's no way someone could be like this...right?

(´・ω・`)

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I'm not really afraid of spiders but after reading that 'boyfriend threw spiders on me' story in this thread yesterday I had crazy nightmares all night last night about people throwing spiders at me. Thanks, thread :mad:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

DOMDOM posted:

when i read ent i think jrr tolkien tree monster... what am i missing here?

Apparently that's what it means. Urban dictionary says 'ent' is slang for 'pot smoker' stemming from the race of tree-men in Tolkein's books.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Khorne posted:

Are you all being intentionally obtuse? ENT is like INTJ, they just left out the J/P at the end.

No, it really is a dumb code word for pot smokers.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Pick posted:

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren: : Monogamy, actually good

hosed up if true

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
There's *clap* no *clap* such *clap* thing *clap* as *clap* closure *clap*

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

If this is genuinely something that's come on suddenly then ten bucks says dude has a brain tumour or something else neurological going on.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Learned helplessness is a hell of a thing.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

lohli posted:

...as a typical human being...

This is the least believable part of the entire post.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Every post in r/Childfree makes so much more sense if you imagine the OP has BPD. It explains why they flip the gently caress out as soon as someone suggests the world might not revolve around them and their willingness to pick fights with people in public over the smallest of imagined slights.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

My [29F] housemates [33F, 46M] have been in a secret relationship for several months, and it has been seriously screwing the dynamic of our intentional community. Now it's out in the open, and I don't know what to do from here. (REALLY long)

Help, two of my cult mates are loving!

As insufferable as all of this sounds I do enjoy the fact that the only person creating any sort of tension or unpleasantness is the OP. Also, I used to know a bunch of hippies that lived in a 'family-style' share house like this. It was headed by an older guy (30ish) who would bring in mostly girls in their early 20s due to offering super cheap rent then he'd insist that everyone have dinner together every night and do social stuff together. Everyone in the house did a lot of drugs and one night I was over there taking acid and the main guy's sister (who was, like, 16, I think) was visiting from the country and she got high and started telling everyone about how her brother would feel her up and molest her when she was younger :catstare:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
That makeup girl must be wearing some real garbage-tier makeup if it's smearing all over everything. There are quality brands these days have paint-like lines (at least for lipstick / eyeliner / eye shadow, not sure about foundation) that won't come off even if you go swimming in them. And you think if she was that obsessed about having flawless makeup she'd spring for some pro-level foundation like Kryolan or similar that they use for actors and people on TV.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Pussy Quipped posted:

"and I have no car and nothing is in walking distance to the apartment. "
"would it be alright if he came home since I was sitting in darkness,"

Apparently she doesn't know how to light candles or find a flashlight either.

Maybe she's actually a bird and when the lights went out she just assumed it was time to sleep and sat completely still until the boyfriend came home?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Gaunab posted:

Caught my sister [29f] continuing an affair months after my family thought it was over. Am I obligated to tell my brother-in-law [29m]?

I [29m], have a cuck fetish. My well-intentioned but nosey sister-in-law [20s?f] keeps ruining it by telling me about my wife's [29f] 'affairs'.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Girl [24F] I was in love with, dumped me [27F] after 5 years because I'm too short...and she wanted to "give her future kid a chance at good genetics"

I dated this girl for 5 years...We had a couple breaks...and I know her past boyfriends were all 6'2"+ ...and the guys she's spoken to since we broke up are all 6'2"+.

They started dating when she was 19 and she'd already had multiple boyfriends (who were tall)? She must have either been running through the school basketball team or dating much older guys :-/

edit - Also, how does he know about the guys she's 'spoken to' since they broke up? Is he sitting on their dates or something?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

gentle pete posted:

My [26F] boyfriend [30M] of 11 months is telling me I pee too much, need outside perspective

...I'm going through an average of about 64oz of water...

:stare:

Holy poo poo, after reading all of that I assumed she must be drinking a couple of gallons of water a day but 64oz is nothing. She must have a bladder the size of a thimble if she's peeing hourly and not even drinking 2 litres of fluids a day.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Gaunab posted:

My (32/F) husband (36/M) is having an affair with his step-sister (38/F).

I would cheat on this chick just for the way she writes, holy gently caress. Also, I can't wait for the husband to get home and have divorce papers thrown at him only to reveal that he and his sister had been planning some big surprise for the wife.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
My wife wanted to randomly meet an obvious creeper that's 12 years older then her for coffee. She's only exchanged a sentence and three paragraphs with him. Should I feel weirded out?

My wife and I are still fairly young, she's 21. We've been married for about three years and been together for a year beyond that. At the very beginning of our relationship she did cheat, though the guy had started off as a child sexual predator and abused her long before we ever met. She cut it off with him and came clean shortly thereafter. I was hurt, but she was obviously hosed up from this guy also. Aside from this she's never given me anything to be suspicious about.

In general we have an open relationship, though neither of us has acted on it. Our biggest rule is that we keep each other informed to the minute about our feelings for others if anything is developing and never lie surrounding it. She's bisexual and there are a few times where she's looked on dating sites for women to casually date, she's not shown any interest in men and really hasn't used them much anyway.

So two things got me being a bit weirded out yesterday:

The first. She tells me randomly last night that she's meeting some guy for coffee (non-romantically) today. We tell each other a lot about our lives so it was a bit surprising I'd not heard of this guy before. She explained they'd had a good conversation online over the last week or so and he'd asked her to coffee, that she wasn't interested in him romantically and that she's specifically told him she was married so there should be no weirdness. Though she didn't say it outright she implied it was someone our age.

I was doing some work, but a few hours later when I finished I logged onto her OK Cupid profile (we both do this frequently to each other, our internet accounts are generally very open to each other) I found out that what really happened was the guy sent her a one sentence message a week ago saying he'd reply to her profile more later and then she responded with a sentence joking about being so formal. Today he'd responded to that message with two paragraphs referring to very obviously tailored flirting (talking about communes and using a lot of the bullshit terms people use to look smart) and a third paragraph that was along the lines of "I enjoyed reading your profile and would love to discuss stuff like this sometime over coffee." She briefly replied to his first two paragraphs and gave a time to meet the following day (today). I then read his profile and he was very obviously kind of douchey (something she's usually very vocally against). On top of all the douchey things guys do to get girls to like them he also was 33, unemployed, and mentions many times that he's on "happy pills." At times he goes into random angry rants on his profile and just int general seems a bit unhinged. She also did not mention she was married (though it does clearly say it in her profile and she says now that that's what she meant by it).

So at this point I'm completely weirded out and wondering why she would actively try to meet him without knowing him and with him being such creeper. I bring up that I feel weirded out by this and she gets really defensive and ridicules me for being ridiculously over protective. It comes out that she'd read his profile before when trying to get a friend a date on there and though he was a complete douche but forgot that when he messaged her. I'm not really jealous but I insisted to her that I felt there was something off there. That it didn't add up. I honestly don't think she's looking to cheat on me, possibly it's something weird mentally otherwise (her family has a history of mental illness and there's a better then average, though still low, chance she will develop a schizotypal disorder given her dad has one and her mother is crazier, though not diagnosed with anything). She's pissed because she assumes I'm jealous and controlling and I honestly don't see how she could not see this as weird and completely filled with warning signs (both for her with that guy and for me with her).

The second thing came up this morning. I was thinking over whether or not I was being jealous and something I thought of was that there's this guy she met in a history class that I was completely cool with where many would freak out. You see she'd been talking to this guy and she was excited because it seemed like he wasn't a douche. He invited her to a history club she was starting (oddly this is happening for the first time today also). What makes it a bit weird is that she commented here on Reddit at some point saying that him talking to her about history and not desperately trying to get in her pants caused her got him a date. I figured she was lying about it to Reddit since she knows I read her posts (she reads mine also) and she said she was just trying to make a point about how to get a girl. I didn't really think about it again until this morning. Then I started to realize that would seem a bit chumpish given how crazily suspicious that stuff is (in my eyes). She even specifically mentioned that she wasn't sure if anyone would show up to the history club so it might just be him and her there chatting for the entire time. Just the more I think about it the more weird it seems. I brought that up this morning and she gets angry and defensive again and starts making statements about how she just won't try to make friends anymore and that she'll delete her dating site profile and stop talking to men. Which is a very bizarre reaction considering she's had and still has many friends who are male that I've never been weirded out by and this stuff seems fairly objectively suspicious.

So I'm left without a clue. On the one hand this stuff reeks of something off going on but on the other if she wanted to date someone she could just be upfront about it since we've been clear that casual dating is fine. I've mentioned it multiple times to her in relation to this and she vehemently denies and romantic feelings. Why would she tell me about all this if she was really doing something wrong? I really do believe her, but I feel like I'm putting blinders on when so many facts just don't align. I don't see any reason for her to hide anything from me but in my eyes the evidence is fairly clear.

Am I being overly suspicious or protective? Is what she's doing normal for most (she doesn't usually meet people online this quickly before and is very judgmental against those who do)? Though I'm not freaking out, is being worried about the safety of meeting a guy like that even out in public overblown? I'm just looking for some outside perspective.

Edit: Just to be clear she's had close guy friends before and even now. My issue isn't that she could gently caress guys, she's had crushes on some of those friends and I've encouraged her to pursue it. My issue is that I'm afraid there may be some deceit in here and I have no clue why she'd feel the need to hide something from me. If it's not deceit I'm afraid of what would cause her to act so unusual and against how she usually acts.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

gently caress I just ran into a series of updates that ended with a suicide note :smith:

:justpost:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

My [25M] Wife [22F] has severe anxiety, OCD and BPD. She cannot handle the thought of me masturbating while alone. What things can we do to work on it?

These people have to be Mormons, right?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Psycho Society posted:

Well at least if he goes with the other girl he won't get confussed any more.

Also houses don't generally lock from the inside so he may just be making poo poo up.

Do you not have deadlocks on doors in your country? In :australia: every house I've ever lived in / been in has a deadlock that you can lock from either the inside or outside that stops the door from being opened from either side without a key. I believe the intent is if someone breaks into your house they won't be able to then open the door and waltz out with all your stuff.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Lots of taxi companies have apps. It's not hard to make an app to tell someone where you are.

It's really strange that you're getting so defensive about this. Perhaps you should take a cab out of this thread and perhaps the forums in general.

It never ceases to amaze me the hills some goons choose to die on. Hmm, yes, the reddit mock thread is surely the place for me to finally take a stand against the evils of ride-sharing :downs:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My girlfriend[F27] of 9 years is on a walk with another man[M50's] and she doesn't know that I[M25] know the truth.

Wow, he buried the part about his girlfriend growing up in a village in China (with a severely mentally ill mother) pretty deep there. I wonder why she's a weirdo with daddy issues? Also the whole 'been together for nine years and haven't had sex' thing. Jesus, what a mess.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Sounds like this guy made a reddit thread.

Why does this guy have 17 loofahs, though?!?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

maskenfreiheit posted:

this thread is now about /r/popping

No it is not :mad:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Nazzadan posted:

fake edit: more content

Me [21M] with my ex gf [19 F] She has super conservative parents, we broke up a a long time ago but her parents just found out we had sex and her dad just messaged me. What should i do???

...My dad was pretty taken back and didnt really know what to say. Her dad continued on saying how he wanted to let my parents know what a man whore i was and how i took his daughters virginity and that it needed to be fixed...

I don't know what this means but :catstare:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

ArbitraryC posted:

Considering a 14 year old can't consent to sex in any state I don't think this is a very good strategy on his brother's part

Is this information you just happen to keep in your back pocket or is it something a judge ordered you to learn about?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

ArbitraryC posted:

I didn't even catch this at first but are you honestly saying you thought loving 14 year olds was an okay thing to do?

"look at this fuckin rules lawyer tellin me to lay off high school freshmen as a 20 somethin goon"

I just liked your caveat of 'in any state' because, to me, it implied that you'd checked them all in case you found a loophole somewhere.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Tiny Deer posted:

Well, as long as she has at least one good one to wear. I agree at that size it's structural engineering that counts more than anything.

Speaking of sexy subjects!

TIFU eating boner pills and bursting my frenulum. (NSFW)

The amazing backstory!

Defense of pursuing younger hotter women!

Condoms and STDs!

Finally, the source of friction that caused all of this:

Dear reddit: horny old pussy didn't get wet, ripped my condomless dick, life problems.

Jesus, I can hear this guy's eurotrash accent when I read his posts.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Oh hey, it's my last relationship from the perspective of my ex (who, coincidentally, has bipolar). We dated for 8 years and it took another 18 months of yes, no, on, off fuckery before I finally severed completely. She got this idea in her head that because we'd been together for so long through our 20s she'd somehow missed out on some fundamental part of growing up (it was the loving a bunch of different people part) so we broke up and then every time she'd have a depressive crash she'd beg me to get back together with her because her life was a dumpster fire then she'd go manic (she was off her meds and doing a ton of coke at this point) and run off on a bender and I wouldn't hear from her for two months. Rinse repeat, rinse repeat, :sever: , :murder:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Haifisch posted:

My (27m) girlfriend (26F) of 5 months has become "spiritual" after taking drugs and I'm staunchly atheist.

My nigga, have you tried Peruvian DMT?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Someone on Facebook shared this from a page titled It's Okay To Be Childfree

-----

From our Inbox

...He picked a showing of Beauty and the Beast at 12:00am on a school night to hopefully avoid children...

I know this is from 40 pages ago but where the gently caress has movies screening at midnight(?!?) unless it's a big premiere thing? And if it is just a random, non-premiere, screening how could there possibly be more than a handful of weirdos in the audience? :psyduck:

Fake edit: my man, my man, my man :commissar:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Pick posted:

Women are socialized not to check because we only lift the seat when we're cleaning the toilet, and the put it down after. Also most of us grew up in proper homes where the toilet isn't left in shambles every time someone takes a wee. Do you think any self-respecting maid would leave a toilet with the seat up?

How are you even able to 'not check' unless you're walking into the bathroom with your eyes closed or walking into the bathroom backwards and backing up onto the toilet like a truck? When you walk into the bathroom don't you see the toilet in front of you?!? I have never, never understood how this has become a trope that people complain about or an issue in any way. You walk towards the toilet then spin around to sit on it, you can see the entirety of the toilet as you approach it to assess the seat / lid situation, it's not a mystery or puzzle to figure out :psyduck:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

insufficient guns posted:

No. Stag do is a thing. Hen do is a thing. Leaving do is a thing. Work do is a thing. Why can't goons handle British English??

Ask the goon hivemind what it thinks about the word 'fortnight'.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

fruit on the bottom posted:

There are stories of dogs doing this too. Maybe the real lesson is that humans are just wasteful

Cats will eat your body before it's even cold because they're psychopaths. Dogs will rip your jaw off because they are trying to wake you up and as they get more and more frantic they start biting your face to get a response and when you don't respond their behaviour escalates in line with their anxiety until, oops, your face is now in two pieces.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Thumbtacks posted:

Stonehenge

What an incredible piss-baby. Why would you not want to go to Stonehenge?!?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Bubblyblubber posted:

Am pretty person, can confirm am soulless, like gingers

I (25F) drank too much and embarrassed myself in front of my boyfriend's mother (46F) and her friends

I loving hate people that drink like this and think they have to pressure other people around them to drink as well so that everyone can have ~~fun~~. Some people go out and don't need to drink one of everything behind the bar to enjoy themselves, or they can have a couple of drinks over the night and be good. Don't loving shame them into doing shots and all this bullshit. Jesus, gently caress, it makes me so goddamned angry. My ex used to get guilt-tripped into going out for drinks with her co-workers and would then get guilt-tripped into drinking way too much (she was a lightweight to begin with and on meds that didn't play nice with too much alcohol) and would inevitably end up calling me for a lift home because she was poo poo-faced and her co-workers had ditched her somewhere. But if she tried to say she didn't want to go for a drink or only wanted one beer she'd get called a spoilsport and a party-pooper. The times she didn't go out for drinks they'd loving text her saying how much fun she was missing out on. It was goddamned insane. Why do you need other people to validate your over-indulging? This sort of manipulation and guilt-tripping is worse than straight-up abuse because if you try to call people out over how lovely it is they hide behind the bullshit excuse of "I just wanted you to enjoy yourself" rather than admit they're at fault or that they're trying to normalise their excessive behaviour. At least if the mom had have punched her or something she'd clearly be the bad guy in the story and not just the 'wacky, fun-loving mom who likes a drink'.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Khazar-khum posted:

That's a trilby, not a fedora. Fedoras have a wider brim.

That's a nifty jacket, but not for everyday wear. You wear that for special occasions.

If his hobby is cosplay, so what? If it weirds you out, find someone who isn't into cosplay.

Is he cosplaying as a member of Panic! At the Disco? Because that's the only thing that coat would be appropriate for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Barudak posted:

Get an abortion, starting with your mother.

*his mother