Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Nocheez posted:

I don't know, but I expect your time is better spent (re)watching this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeBjr8Bm_wA
RIP in peace Fragmaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
gently caress all y'all, and your temperature measurement bullshit.

Rankine is clearly the superior scale.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

No but you see Rankine sets 0°R to absolute zero like Kelvin but uses the smaller Fahrenheit degree for finer detail therefore

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I guess the drug part (especially if it's hard drugs) makes it realistic which I'm not familiar with but there's no way you could spend near that much on alcohol alone unless you're exclusively buying 70 dollar/handle stuff every day.

Or going to a bar. That'll run through cash fast, even at a cheap place.

EDIT: That'll teach me to refresh the page before posting.

vortmax fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 30, 2017

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

therattle posted:

I do too! They sometimes track down people in famous pictures, like the black kids sitting at a segregated lunch counter. That's interesting, but I'd also like to hear about the racist whose face is contorted by hate, screaming at them. Did they ever change? Realise they were wrong? Carry on being awful people?

Kind of?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Red text is accurate? Who knew?

Viva Miriya posted:

you just whined about some professor being openly gay around you for like three paragraphs, maybe you should harden up bitch
get real beefy

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Hairy rear end dude, you need a bidet attachment. It's the only civilized way to go.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

The obvious answer is for gay GOP goon to get a cheap burner phone, install Grindr, and have tons of sex. Just say you're married and exploring, and they'll be all over you.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Doctor Malaver posted:

At least your family had a warm meal that day
Show us your anime waifu pillow.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

It's about $30 for a bottle of 190 proof everclear where I live. Stuff will get you hosed up.
Oh sure, if you want to pay for brand-name Everclear. Gem Clear is a good $10 cheaper for the same proof.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I sit to pee when I wake up at night, so I don't have to turn on the lights to aim. Otherwise it's just faster to stand.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

got any sevens posted:

Look at this scrub without nightvision. Hell, i can write blindfolded
Look here whippersnapper I'm old enought that my night vision is shot, okay?

Jastiger posted:

Fuckin millenials, i swear.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

Either first confession reads too much Harry Potter or needs to heed his calling to become a Victorian era reinactor.
Dude wants to cosplay as Link at work.

Why would you want to wear cargo pants? Nobody actually needs that many pockets. If you feel like you do, wear a backpack or something.
I like carpenter jeans because I have to carry two phones (sometimes three) because of work and those little extra side pockets are perfect for that. But gently caress cargo pants.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Mormon Priest isn't like a regular church priest. It's a rank in the priesthood for 16-17 year old boys. They get to tear up the bread and fill the little water cups and say the prayer over them for the sacrament.

source: I was raised going to that dumb church.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

First goon,
Some women have dicks. You are a man interested in a woman (who happens to have a dick), thus still straight. Don't worry about labels though, just see where things go. If it gets to sex, you'll figure it out.

Second goon,
At least you cleaned everything up?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

anon alkie goon posted:

I'm looking into the Sinclair Method, using Naltrexone, or something similar.
I started this just over two months ago, and no poo poo I've cut my drinking in half just by taking the pill an hour before I start. I was drinking 12-18oz or more of hard liquor every night (4-6+ "double" shots at the bar near my job). Now I'm down to 6-9oz, occasionally 12, but that's a "heavy" night. I don't drink at all on Sundays anymore. It's my only day off, so I just don't go near the bar, but I used to find "excuses" to go just a few weeks ago.

I've still got to cut back further, but the best part is that you don't have to quit drinking entirely. You can still get a drink when out with friends, as long as you always take the pill first.

I don't know if you want to PM me, but I can provide the copy of the Sinclair Method book I got from the C3 Foundation if you'd like. Go ask your doctor to prescribe naltrexone ASAP. (Y'know, as long as you're not on any opioid medication, since it'll completely block them.)

Also the objectively correct temperature scale is Rankine. Fight me.

vortmax fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 26, 2017

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

You see, the Rankine scale is objectively best because it sets 0 to Absolute Zero, like Kelvin does, but it uses the smaller Fahrenheit degrees so you get finer detail.

(no but seriously anon alkie goon, get on the Sinclair Method, it's the best)

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

I don't know if this is necessarily true, but you sure don't hear of gay dudes or lesbians cucking each other AFAIK

I think it's an example of people having weird reactions to changing gender politics

Oh no, it happens in the gay community too. Still don't get it.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

This guy gets it.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

blarzgh posted:

I've said it in other threads, but I highly recommend "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer for a deep dive into the origins of the Mormon Church, its proclivity for breeding hyper-fundamentalist splinter sects, and a loving heartbreaking story of 'divinely mandated' double murder in 1984.
:same:
It's a fantastic book, and I like the way it's written.
Disclaimer: I was a Mormon kid. The plain vanilla mainline version. So it's especially fun reading stuff the Church doesn't like talking about.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

funny way to spell rankine.
thank you

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

yeah but if you have a time machine you could just have never existed in the first place, for the overachievers who really wanna make themselves die.

To join the Statis you must first kill your own grandfather, unhooking you from the timeline. At graduation into an Agent, you have to kill yourself a few seconds in the past. (Palimpsest by Charles Stross is my favorite time travel story.)

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

quote:

:words: Trucker & artist story
I kind of liked this, but I have a note: I think it would have been better if something about the art disturbed you or was offputting or threatening, instead of being just a nice show that you enjoyed but didn't understand. Could have used more tension.

Nah, too many SCPs go grimdark and it's nice to see one that's just a bit weird.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

blarzgh posted:

I'd rather be retarded and happy than sad and angry.

I hear you work from home as a retard masturbator.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Anime was a mistake.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

therattle posted:

I forgot to mention that even if pills arrive who knows wtf they are?! It’s all the fun of gambling with the lucky chance to end up in hospitaldead!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean, you know it's a scam right away because they didn't ask for the payment in Amazon gift cards bitcoins. Everyone knows you can only pay online drug dealers in Amazon gift cards bitcoins.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

the Liz Lemon doctrine
Quoi?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

cult_hero posted:

Oh no, once you're in, you're in for life, they'll send your local bishop around to your house about once a year to double check if you're still interested.

Truth. I was born to believers and grew up Mormon, and I had to get excommunicated for being gay before they'd leave me alone. The boys on bikes still very occasionally knock on the door though, and the look on their faces when I tell them I'm exed is priceless.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Theophany posted:

Food is always an easy derail. Mainly because American food is loving trash designed for the broken palates of their landwhale population who are conditioned to feed on a steady diet of high fructose corn syrup and diabetus medication.
Bad choice for a derail because nobody will argue with this truth.
Why the gently caress is there sugar in my turkey lunchmeat?? loving corn syrup...

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Not-gay dude, that's pretty much why Grindr exists. Get your NSA dick-sucking done with the power of technology!

(Source: I am a gay)

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

wesleywillis posted:

Perhaps you'd be willing to help him out. Like give him tutorials on how to use grindr or whatever. That totally seems like the type of poo poo to get sucky sucky in like ten minutes while you're at the mall....
You think you're joking, but you'd be surprised.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Splicer posted:

Man I've been super lucky

oh it's you

you're the problem

"I hate the stereotype that bisexual people cheat," he said as he cheated on his girlfriend with a guy.

It's not the bisexuality here no-homo dude, it's you.

vortmax fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 4, 2018

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Why would you want to steal something as lame as the pope's hat? At least have some ambition and steal something that's actually valuable like the crown jewels.

Because under Vatican Law if you're wearing the Pope's hat you are the Pope!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

shy boy from chess club posted:

Having just reread it myself recently I can confirm that it was feces lasagna. Also it was a saxophone not a tuba, not that that really matters but hey, the more you know.

Also I'm pretty sure it was newspaper, not toilet paper.

Also also, I'm almost certain we've had a fesh before the most recent one that mentions a goons.txt to keep track of personal details posted. Someone is reusing their plot device.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

That one sounds like Arrested Development for some reason...

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

There's a reason "hold my beer and watch this" is a well-known phrase.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

Sure, I went to stileproject and rotten and ogrish back in the day and played Pico's school on newgrounds.........when I was a depressed edgy teenager who wanted to be an evil genius. And then I grew up.

vortmax fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 17, 2018

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

quote is not edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

I've had a weird experience with lactose intolerance. As an infant, it was so bad my mother couldn't even drink milk. But I grew out of it by the time I was 3 or 4. Then in my early 30s it came back for a few years and I bought lactose-free milk and ice cream. But one day I drank some regular milk and nothing happened, and I've been fine since.