Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Rad Obama rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

:laffo: at all those Big Ben cartoons.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Not hating him making America's dong Flor-Ivanka

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Shangri-Law School posted:

Speaking of...

How timely for me, thanks. I'm Canadian, and have an American friend on Facebook. She made a post of how jealous she was that I could tell her about going to the doctor a bunch and not getting billed. Of course another American chimes in that the care was probably poo poo and it's never free because taxes. I explained that I had 4 clinic visits in 5 days, 2 of the appointments were made only a few hours before going in, I waited 15 minutes at a walk-in x-ray clinic, the other appointment was the next day. I made a bit of a snarky remark that people who hate supporting and helping others like to tell stories of the horrors of the Canadian system when they're grossly over-exaggerated or completely untrue. HE then claimed that wasn't his issue, it was BIG GOVERNMENT bogging everything down. Which it doesn't. I mean, yeah, if you go to an emergency room with a broken thumb or a sneeze, you're going to wait a long-rear end time. Because there are people there literally dying who need to be helped first. If there's a lack of hospital beds or not enough doctors, it's usually when there's a conservative government in power and they got cheap/greedy and cut funding. It's not perfect, it has some faults, yes, but I love it and wouldn't trade it for the lovely US system my poor friend is subjected to.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I hate this one so much. It's such a loving warped way of looking at things.

Agreed. It's completely dehumanizing, and that poo poo needs to loving stop.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Branco's Trump looks like he's dolled up with a bunch of make-up to me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

What Garrison nerds to know but clearly still won't care about is that historically, black women being portrayed as less feminine and more manly was considered proof of their inferior, animalistic genetics and used to openly justify systemic racism.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I bet they know.

I don't know if that was a typo or autocorrect error, but it's hilarious so I'm leaving it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Nice hooked noses you got there, IRS.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/30/522091683/back-from-the-dead-reported-sightings-fuel-hope-for-return-of-tasmanian-tigers

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Starshark posted:

I know I'm second-guessing a right-winger and I'm only leaving myself open to the riposte of 'quote me where I said that!', but I'm thinking that Tinsley thinks only liberals drink bottled water and that, by sticking to the tap, he's showing everyone how much smarter he is than them.

I remember seeing an editorial in a right-wing local newspaper years ago where the author complained about how loving pretentious liberals were for drinking bottled water. It was legitimately half a newspaper page about how much he hated lefties for drinking water and not pop or juice. There was complaints about how they were trying to hold up this facade of "I'm publicly broadcasting how healthy I'm pretending to be and that makes me better than you" and other levels of serious projecting. It was one of the most baffling things I had ever read and I wish I could find it again. He also hated single moms on a regular basis and would frequently write about how they were detrimental to society and the number one cause of all the troubled youths out there today.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm sure glad they labelled Syria, otherwise I'd get them confused with all the other gas attacks on people in the last few days.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It kind of is actually, so shut the gently caress up duck.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Sandpuppy posted:

So is this "African-Americans don't like camping" thing a real story or something Tinsley made up from a hazy recollection of watching a stand up special while blitzed?

Anyways, camping is pretty cool when done right, and avocados are awesome. The again, I also enjoy political cartoons.

It's been discussed in outdoor recreation studies for some time now, Drunk Duck probably just happened across it now.

What it boils down to is black slaves and laborers worked in terrible conditions outdoors, so pursuing recreation in a similar setting wouldn't have made any sense. Then just like many other paces, there was segregation during the Jim Crow Era in National Parks. Interest in things like camping tends to be learned as children, so that nostalgia factor doesn't exist. And now, they're not only facing massive crowds of white people, but there's a definite sense of elitism that exists within the subculture, plus gear tends to be expensive. Add all those together, and no, camping doesn't seem like much fun.

Edit: Here's an article from March 23 in MarketWatch. Maybe he saw it.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-changing-face-of-camping-record-numbers-of-minorities-hit-the-trails-2017-03-22

SulfurMonoxideCute fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 11, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I refuse to believe this idiot is real. Nope, I'm not falling for it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Fulchrum posted:

And furthermore, whats the deal with those peanuts?

Honestly though, I flew 7 different carriers already this year and United was the only one where my knees touched the seat in front of me even while sitting up straight. I'm only 5'7".

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Okay, so what was actually going on 2 weeks ago that he's trying to ignore?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I've said it before and I'll say it again: As someone who is actually in outdoor recreation studies, Tinsley can drink himself to death yesterday.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I remember in the early 2000s, I was working in apparel at a Wal-Mart here in Canada. I got a memo come through from head office that I had to go through all clothing manufactured in Burma and cut all the tags out. THey were worried about being associated with political unrest at the time.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Drinking booze out of a slow cooker is extremely difficult, though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Oh dear, there's :siren:CHEMICALS!!!!:siren: in the air, and it's all science's fault!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

:effort:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

cheetah7071 posted:

Whoa ramirez drew trump

And it looks like a trout.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

a kitten posted:

Alright i looked through 10 pages and didn't see this one so.

I...I don't think that's how the metaphor works.

Sneaky Obama in the shadows there lol.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

But I thought learning about literature and history just led to a useless arts degree?

GET IT TOGETHER DRUNK DUCK

Also, I can't wait for his two week long hot take on evil Harvard suppressing freedom of speech.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Shangri-Law School posted:

Yeah, there are many boring left-wing cartoonists that aren't posted at all.

Like this guy. Other than his labels, what is worth remarking on?

It's ridiculous to think that the GOP would apologize to someone who was too poor to pay for health care out of their own pocket.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Aw yeah, Alex Jones is totally helping defeat ISIS right now!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Trapezium Dave posted:

Who started this avocado toast attack thing? It was used here in Australia a while back against millennials not getting into our insane housing market, but lately it appears to have gone global.

It actually did start in Australia for that very argument but because it was so idiotic and tonedeaf it went super viral really fast.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

What exactly is he implying here? That people who go to school are predetermined for failure anyway so they shouldn't bother trying? Success is a trait you're born with?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

FAR LEFT TERROR!

*drawn on the far right hand side of the image*

Like, at least loving try to be clever about your composition.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Ever since the Cambrian Explosion life on this planet has been about killing and dying. Cats kill for fun, some types of orcas kill for fun, but usually it's at least practicing. The orcas who snatch baby elephant seals off the shore line in Chile sometimes eat them, and sometimes let them go. They just wanted the practice. Humans kill everything they can for fun just because they can.

I've often thought that species with more advanced brain development often get so bored that they'll kill something as a form of stimulus. It's not conscious, it's just something we do. You see a little bug crawling across a table, most people will squish it. Not for any reason other than it was there and gave them something to do. Apes in captivity will kill mice and other things and play with their bodies because it's something to do. Serial killers are mentally ill and their reasons for killing may stem from the boredom and stimulation thing, but goes way beyond that and comparing it to a snake defending itself from getting stepped on or a scorpion finding prey is loving stupid.

So when that comic claims that being a serial killer is the same as being gay because killing is found in nature as well as homosexuality, he clearly doesn't understand why death happens in certain circumstances so there's no way he'll understand why it's different. He's probably also the kind of person who gets really offended when we say humans are a species of ape because no, we were made in God's image and we're different! How dare you say I'm a monkey! Because they also won't know that apes aren't monkeys.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Pants Donkey posted:

I'd like to know where these fat cat trans patreons are at, since the top 10 comic patreons has just one trans person. Unfortunately creators can now turn off how much they're making, but #1 was Jeph Jacques of Questionable Content, who (when last available) was making just shy of $10,000 a month back in January.

So uh, I guess Ben is living up to his hero, being insecure as hell and lying his rear end off.

You know that to him, even one is too many and proof that cis conservative men are now the most persecuted people on the planet.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Sandpuppy posted:

*ahem*... Kim Jong Un is...BAD. Pulitzer, please.

Is it normal in the US for doctors to set up press conferences in random hospital hallways?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Yeah, let's take a extremely political death/murder and use it to make a joke about how this poo-poo head is a big dumdum!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I didn't realize Kimmel's unfathomably gigantic nose was a thing.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Avirosb posted:

What's the point in having cops when we still have crime :shrug:

To murder black people legally.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm honestly extremely disgusted by cartoonists trying to turn the issue of sexual entitlement by men in power to no more than a slapfight over which political side is less moral. That. Is. Not. The. Issue. Knock it the gently caress off and address the actual problem.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Hotel California is in Todos Santos, Mexico.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

:fuckoff:

Sexual entitlement by men in power transcends politics you dense motherfucker

People were mad about Trump because the Republicans were being hypocritical by supporting this sleazebag serial assaulter while promoting themselves as the party of Family Values. IT'S NOT COMPLICATED. You want to talk hypocrisy? There you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

atomicthumbs posted:

haven't really posted in this thread much since romney lost or chris muir was banned (I forget which) but i hope there's no rule against posting garrison

Now we need a version of Trump walking into the Miss America change room to "inspect the goods".

• Locked thread