Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm confused. Is this some sort of argument about sola fide, one way or the other? Is Lietha one of those Jack Chick types who thinks good works are completely irrelevant? I only know about his ark fetishism and hatred of Bill Nye.

Or is it literally just "person is famous and seems good but maybe is not a good person slash true christian makes u think"?

Sola gratia more than sola fide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
So is Michael loving Ramirez the only conservative pundit who is consistently anti-Assange? What a world we live in.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Begemot posted:

Goldengate.

Blind Rasputin posted:

The Fountainhead.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Except the reasons people give for hating Obama, full on visceral hatred not just disagreement with, are either complete lies, totally irrational nonsense, or some combination of the two. The reasons people give for hating Trump are deeply rooted in reality.

Or more succinctly, the fear of Obama was that he was secretly plotting to do things like form liberal Marxist death squads and introduce Sharia Law. The fear of Trump is that he means and will do exactly what he says.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

mandatory lesbian posted:

like you wouldn't laugh if someone kicked trump in the balls, don't pretend you're better then that

Particularly if it were a 5 year old child.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Johnny Walker posted:

You know, I actually think this could be a pretty funny cartoon if it wasn't so awfully rendered.

For some reason, Roll is making me angry again. Where's your arrest record, Ted? Where are your scars? Where is your molotov, your brick, your bat? When in his life has Todd ever done even what the soft, ineffective liberals he criticizes do much less gone farther?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Well, he did get cuffed by those corrupt LA cops for no reason at all (pending resolution of his lawsuit).

Which, even if true, is hilarious. His only encounter with the law had nothing to do with the Rallvolution.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Potato Salad posted:

"Higher wages subsidizes automation!"

No, capitalism subsidizes automation. Is the author an actual dolt in the most basic sense or am I missing something here? His new year's revolution comic was great.

No, he's just a nazi moron.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Trapezium Dave posted:

Guess who is surprised he is going to be in charge of the US nuclear weapons program. :haw:

Fun fact: Rick Perry answered that question with "I don't know, who?"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mister Olympus posted:

WINNING

...at what? Is international politics now a sport? Who's the referee (or judge if it's like figure skating) if the UN is the GLOBALIST JEW BAD GUY?

The other countries are winning which means we're losing. They made us losers. Trump is a winner and he'll make them the losers.
This is literally exactly how Trump voters think.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
A reminder that Sunday newspaper comics are submitted weeks in advance:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Improbable Lobster posted:

Less than 20% of americans voted for trump

Sitting out is endorsing the winner.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

cheetah7071 posted:

Is the president actually the boss of the park service, or do they just have a congressional mandate to do their thing and thus can't really be punished for thumbing their nose at him?

NPS is an agency of the Department of the Interior, which is an executive agency.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Lemming posted:

yeah, it's really telling that the Democrats are just opposing everythin when the Republicans were willing to reach across the aisle and work with the president.

Well at least Trump has a pen and a phone he can use to enact the will of the people despite that perfidious obstruction. Hooray for Trump!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Only beaten by a week, Mikey
http://www.theonion.com/article/i-promise-work-tirelessly-achieve-my-campaigns-goa-55094

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Trogdos! posted:

:argh: Mayor Kenney :argh:

Is that Smoothie and Shifty?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I bet Rall didn't even bother to show up at his local airport yesterday.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vib Rib posted:

Sorry, how did the media destroy due process? Is this something about how certain white suspects are "guilty until proven innocent" in the eyes of the media (which does not actually affect court rulings) or what?

altered a word to be more accurate

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Shugojin posted:

It's a very bad cartoon

it's a very vile cartoon, but the number of people who are talking about it and being offended supports it being a good cartoon.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Cock Soup posted:

Errrrrr you could make the same argument of the Ben Garisson "Michelle Obama is literally a man" cartoon or Branco's infamous "I GOT STDs BECAUSE OBAMACARE TURNS LADIES INTO SLUTS". It is a lovely, most likely traced, cartoon, and people are reacting at how loving dense / ill-informed it is.

McCoy actually used the imagery in a consistent, meaningful, and vile way. Garrison is just a kitchen-sink slightly more sane Dees and Branco is literally too dumb to tie his own shoes. For comparison, the Lester comic with the same imagery completely loving botches it.

McCoy is like Delonas, a highly skilled troll with a flair for the grotesque.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Surprise funny pages mention:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

welcome to 25 years ago, drunky duck https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7y0F2GSObU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duke Igthorn posted:

FBI Directors:
1941, 1961, and 1968: J. Edgar Hoover, all around scumbag obsessed with "subversives" and self promotion to an exceedingly distracting degree. An unrepentant scumbag there is ZERO chance that Ramirez wouldn't be sucking off his every move were they alive at the same time. Appointed by Calvin Coolidge a Republican who, despite the Southern Strategy, was very much a modern Republican. Ramirez would also love this man.

1991: William S. Sessions. Appointed by Reagan *cough*

2001: Robert Mueller. Appointed by George W Bush. To be fair he replaced the last guy a week before 9/11 so the last guy was Thomas J. Pickard appointed by...George W. Bush...

2017: James Comey. Appointed by Barack "The Islamic Shock" Obama.

Unless Ramirez is talking about a general, vague, "intelligence" blob that only he defines. In which case: good job being right?

He's talking about the CIA.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duke Igthorn posted:

Founded: September 18, 1947

He's also an idiot.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Alhazred posted:

If you ignore the tragic terror attack in Sweden.

I just went through three pages of Google results and the only result for "last night in sweden" that wasn't mocking Trump was from the Daily Stormer, saying that the lying Jew media was covering up attacks.
:stare:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still have no clue what exactly he said, since no news article I read said anything more than "appeared to condone pedophilia".

he went all 'it's really ephebophilia" with it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Samurai Sanders posted:

What's with the female Jesus?

That's St. Agnes.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

idonotlikepeas posted:

Look out, man, making statements like "one of the most popular webcomics in the world is actually okay sometimes" is gonna get you in trouble.

xkcd is pretty popular and goons hate it with a passion too.

Vib Rib posted:

Oh my god I wish I'd never posted that comic.

Nothing wrong with that comic. It's not your fault that people brought up Penny Arcade.*

*which, for the record, I can't stand for artistic and humor reasons

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vib Rib posted:

Is this supposed to make Trump look like anything but a total nutjob?

Given how the movie ended, it can't really do anything else.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deviance_(sociology)#Durkheim.27s_concept

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I'll tell you why I like the cigarette business. It costs a penny to make. Sell it for a dollar. It's addictive. And there's fantastic brand loyalty.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Whole lot of gas mask chat as a result of that Bad Reporter. Are you guys all bombarded with mustard gas on a regular basis or something?

Are you not?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

World Famous W posted:

I don't take anything literally, just figuratively. It is a strange and wonderful world I live in with no truth or form.

We're honored by your presence, mr. president.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fulchrum posted:

gently caress you, Sirhan Sirhan.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

loquacius posted:

Wait, is that a real current event? I can understand it from a bee-population standpoint, but what are you supposed to do if a hive gets built in your garage?

The rusty patched bumblebee is found only in the eastern US, tends to nest in old rodent burrows in relatively small colonies, and is a primary pollinator of several important food crops.
Exhale.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

the Jacobin. It’s a serious left wing publication

:cawg:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Internet Kraken posted:

That Lester is seriously vile. What paper would actually run that?

Presumably the Washington Post, since Lester is a staff artist for what Charlie Pierce calls Fred Hiatt's Home Depot of Bad Ideas.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Starving Wolf posted:

I don't know enough about the US political system to know what the Nuclear Option is, but based on the cartoons I'm just going to assume the republicans are just straight up going to use actual nuclear weapons, launching them into the capitol and destroying Washington in a giant ball of flame.

The Republicans will change the rules so that a simple majority instead of 3/5 is required to confirm a supreme court justice meaning that from now on, there is no limit to how blatantly partisan a justice can be and be confirmed if the majority party also holds the white house.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is one of the edits, from 2007 (thanks to Aardmania in BSS for digging it up):

There's at least one more, which is more involved, but I haven't been able to locate it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

alternately,

• Locked thread