Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

FlamingLiberal posted:

I only watched the original which was dumb as all hell, never saw the sequel.

Although it cracked me up to find that they shot this pretty vindictive extra which made it onto the XXX 2 DVD where they use a body double to kill off Xander Cage in a very gruesome way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O48rLcHu2Yc

Hahaha goddamn, did VIN Diesel burn a bridge or something to deserve this kind of scornful treatment of his character? Keep in mind I saw the original xXx when it came out, and all I know about xXx2 is that it stars Ice Cub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Corek posted:

Hey Hbomberguy: Rob Liefeld's Extreme Universe has been optioned for SEVEN movies by Akiva Goldsman.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/deadpool-rob-liefeld-extreme-universe-movie-deal-fundamental-films-graham-king-akiva-goldsman-1201877766/

lollll

The Liefeldverse

Bloodstrike
Bloodwulf
Deathblood
Bloodstrike 2: This Blood's For You!
Youngbloods
Bloodwulf: Blood is Thicker Than Water
The Bloodvengers: Blood In, Blood Out!!
Bloodstrikeł: Blood Strike

I'm loving hyped

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Seeing Jurassic Park in theaters was one of the highlights of my childhood, especially as a kid who was obsessed with dinosaurs. Also scared the poo poo out of me, but scary parts really made those kinds of movies memorable as kids. See also: the Neverending Story.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

We saw The Crucible in tenth grade and I do believe it had boobies in it. Witch boobies

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I haven't heard anything about a controversy about that movie yet, but let me guess--animals were harmed during the making of this film? Has anyone made the following joke yet: A Dog's Purpose is to Suffer for Our Profits.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

They should have just gotten a Golden Lab for that scene, those jokers love water. And then the next scene, back to German Shepherd without acknowledging the change.

The Lab should have a tennis ball in his mouth and he's wagging his tail vigorously.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Sean Connery's character got ahold of some info revealing the truth about a bunch of conspiracy stuff, like the JFK assassination and Roswell. He managed to hide the data in the form of microfilm, but was imprisoned for like 30 years secretly by the US government.

At the end of the movie Cage retrieves the info.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Does The Hot Topic Crowd even exist still? Did it ever?

There's been weirdly dressed teenager cliques handing out at the mall and smoking since the 1950s. I wouldn't be shocked if Hot Topic turns out to be one of those stores that never dies out no matter how terrible they seem, like RadioShack.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

The MSJ posted:

I hope the rumors are true and WWZ2 gets David Fincher to direct.

Right now I am having puberty flashbacks.
https://twitter.com/AliciaVikanderD/status/828650723797766144

Haha REALLY? Is Tomb Raider even a thing anymore?

Well I liked her in Ex Machina and the Man from UNCLE.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

Whoa now. Congo and Johnny Mnemonic are fun movies.

These were the two I was going to mention. I've got a soft spot for them both.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Guy Mann posted:

Crichton reused the plot of Westworld so much that even Timeline was about a company trying to build a theme park and everything going wrong, only this time the gimmick was that they were using time travel to build a theme park in actual medieval times.

Was this the one where THEY FAX THEMSELVES TO THE PAST! because that's all I remember about that movie. What a dumb idea.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Young Freud posted:

Can't believe that in the discussion about '90s soundtracks, no one's mentioned The Saint.

This is one of those weird movies that I honestly loving love and I'm only half sure why. Val Kilmer's great in it and I like the female lead's uninhibited idealism.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I'm sure Kong will be relevant if only for the Harambe memes that are sure to follow.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Enter the Matrix has a lesbian kiss between Jada Smith and the big titty italian lady

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

parallelodad posted:

That's the thing, you look at these characters and see "white people" but that's not necessarily the case, the intent, or the way the original audience saw it.

The main characters are named "Spike Spiegel" and "Faye Valentine". Sounds white as gently caress to me.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

PJOmega posted:

I swing the other way but a lot of my man seeking friends got really light headed at the helicopter grappling scene in civil war.

I remember audible gasps from women in the audience when he switches grips during this scene.

Same thing whenever Thor was shirtless.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Lithgow is also on some British Royalty TV show that my wife loves, playing Winston Churchill.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Emma Watson was found out to have money in a hidden overseas tax haven. Sure there are many legitimate reasons for a rich and famous person to do this, like anonymity, but the idea that Emma Watson is secretly evil and is using it to fund international terrorism or the slave trade in Mauritania or something is too good to pass up.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Young Freud posted:

Outside of the various "red-title-on-white-background" comedy movies of the 2000s, white background was pretty much firmly a later '60s to '70s movie poster trope...

The Dirty Dozen poster is one of my favorites. If that won't get your rear end in a seat, what will?

I also love that cartoon style.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

kiimo posted:

Jokes aside that's not method that's a legit school of acting thing. Strasberg? I'm not sure which.

Fed lines directly and having no idea if they're correct or not? Definitely the Ron Burgundy school.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

Live. Die. Repeat. Live. Die. Repeat or LDRLDR for all the cool kids into acronyms.

Beyond the Edge of Tomorrow

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

People should be mad because then it's a wasted opportunity. I say Asian Bond next Bond.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Gatts posted:

Dude, Hercules had horrible production polish and values. "gently caress Centaurs." and so much poo poo outside of Ian McShane.

I was actually surprised to find myself enjoying Hercules as I watched it. I grudgingly went to see it with a friend who's a huge Rock fan. I was completely won over at the end of it, and it remains one of the only Dwayne Johnson roles that I actually liked I've seen him in The Mummy, The Rundown, Walking Tall, and that's pretty much it

But Ian McShane elevates every scene he's in for sure. Especially when he's about to die by a flaming spear as prophesied and it doesn't happen and he's so put out.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

Come on wacky Predator Buddy Cop movie.

Imagine a WW2 Enemy at the Gates style film taking place in the bombed out remnants of Dresden...with a predator.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I love Bong Joon Ho and movies about cute animals and movies about how eating meat is evil so I'm all in.

Especially baby meat. It's the evillest.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

CHiPS made less in its entire run than Baywatch made on opening weekend. It bombed super super hard.

Maybe these idiots will figure out that no one gives a gently caress about 80's and 90's tv shows rebooted as movies finally!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Timby posted:

Except both 21 and 22 Jump Street were great.

These were probably what started all the new interest in this genre. By virtue of being good they've inspired a ton of insipod clones hoping to replicate the magic.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

joylessdivision posted:

I don't think I've seen Road Trip. I remember Sex Drive not being horrible, and I always had a soft spot for Eurotrip and Van Wilder.

I remember the Sex Drive unrated special edition was a hilarious movie to get drunk to. Here's the opening.

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c9WD8ETd8g :nws:

They literally just green screen a bunch of naked people in during random scenes. Also Seth Green was really loving funny as the Amish car mechanic

I haven't seen Eurotrip since it came out on DVD and we watched it on a sleepover, so I have no idea how it holds up, but I still think about the ongoing "Scotty Doesn't Know" gag once in a while and it cracks me up.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Young Freud posted:

gently caress you say?

Yeah I'd let him choke me with his FORCE*

*dick

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

It's pronounced like gooey-duck, right? Gooeystorms sounds like...not a fun time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R258i5BMgwE

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

The LotR movies are very weird to me in that I saw them opening night and a few times afterwards, bought the special edition DVDs and have never once felt inclined to watch them since.

LotR definitely feels like a huge time investment. They seem a little daunting when I go to dust off the DVDs (because it's either watch all or none of them and I really have to have NOTHING going on that day).

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

Did he ever try just apologising to the mothman?

If anything the mothman should just apologize to him since his wife died in the car accident and mothmen are obviously invincible.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

They should just use Baron Blood so I can watch Captain America gruesomely decapitate him with his shield.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

well why not posted:

https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/status/930442898000306176

I wonder if he understands that fat suits do exist, sometimes

It's gonna be funny one day when he pulls this poo poo for a role and tries to get back down to regular size, but at this point his metabolism's hosed and he's fat forever.

Just kidding I've seen The Machinist. I know the lengths the man is willing to go to.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Lobok posted:

Christian Bale is making an admirable sacrifice of his body so that he can bring to the world the best possible biopic of ... *reads script* ... DICK CHENEY?! What the gently caress who caaaaaares?!

Dick Cheney shot a man in the face and made the man apologize.

Dick Cheney literally doesn't have a heartbeat.

Dick Cheney had several man sized safes in his office and no one knew what was inside, ever.

There are definitely less interesting unremittingly evil politicians to make biopics about.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Tickled was great and extremely surreal, guy who wanted to know.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Leavemywife posted:

Some quick Google told me that Chris Pratt's character is facing other giant dinosaurs and trying to keep Blue, the last raptor, from being used for violence.

Which, uh, certainly sounds like a movie idea. I really liked Jurassic World, but I'm not feeling this sequel.

How dare they try to turn that bidepal killing machine into a... bipedal killing machine.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

They also get their poo poo wrecked by 12 year old gymnasts.

Clearly the military solution should be to weaponize 12 year old gymnasts.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

My dream movie has always been a Tom Waits biopic starring Ron Perlman as Tom Waits and Tom Waits as the devil.

I'm on board but who's playing Young Tom and who's directing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Tars Tarkas posted:

Search for Katama-kun (or 蒲田くん) and you'll find a bunch of comics about how hilarious the first form is

Is that a TOMATO TREE??!?

• Locked thread