Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Quest For Glory II posted:

even indie darlings are talkin about it

It's cool that Jon Blow is a robot, struggling to understand human emotions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

GUI posted:

What's the deal with Xboner ads

How are they just giving such an awesome bong away?!?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

lmao this rules.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone ever wish they didn't spend twenty thousand hours playing video games

No because I am cool.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Oh nooooooooooo

lol

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

thats a bummer. play the 3ds game its funny as heck and real true to the original games.

I keep forgetting this exists and it sounds awesome.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

only thing missing is the sauna scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgqRis_czYg

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I did not like those spiders in Resident Evil 2, especially because it made more sense to run by them than kill them and waste the ammo so you constantly had to just book at as soon as the room loaded while their legs made those terrible noises and they vomited poison everywhere. Jesus Christ.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Aleque posted:

are you trolling?

I don't think oddium would ever lie, so no.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I think racism is bad, and I do not care who knows it!!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

oddium posted:

racial joke i've been working on: the smw goombas are insanely ugly filth that need to never appear again 😄

Those are galoombas, you racist.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's pretty weird that PewDiePie joked about rape, Mexican people, black people etc. for years and years without any reprisal, but the second Jews are brought into it (and as far as I can tell he himself wasn't even the one who said anything, he just reacted to some guys holding a sign) he gets dropped for that, and that alone. Anyone know how that works?

:yikes:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Switch thread is for wiiu too.

Don't tell people to post in the Switch thread.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

lmao

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

All video games are good, even when they're bad.

Yes!!! gently caress yes!!!!!
:yeah:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

VideoGames that rules thread is a french chef doing that kissing motion with his fingers

c'est magnifique

Oh my fuxkin god

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

precision posted:

I'm playing Peggle for the first time ever

why is this so fun, help

When I think of Peggle I just think of Peggle ... TWO *jumps in the air and lands in a split to zero applause*

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

raditts posted:

Mr. Driller owns
Knowing that he is Dig Dug's son is one of my proudest bits of knowledge.

Dig Dug has a really depressing character arc where he gets divorced and overshadowed by his son and it's loving hilarious

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cyron posted:

the "hype" for bomberman R may be the saddest thing ever. it a bomberman game made by konami but the switch thread is hyping it up because it the only launch title on the system that is exclusive and not a casual mini game.

lol gently caress off

raditts posted:

lmao, seriously? I need a link or something to this.

From Wikipedia:

quote:

Although Namco has officially given the character of the original Dig Dug the name Dig Dug, in other games where he makes an appearance, the protagonist goes by the name Taizo Hori (in Japanese order, HORI Taizo), and is the father of Susumu Hori, the main character in the Mr. Driller series. He is also the ex-husband of Toby "Kissy" Masuyo, the heroine of Baraduke. His name is a pun on the Japanese phrase "Horitai zo" (掘りたいぞ) or "I want to dig!" (掘り = dig, たい = want, ぞ = !) – a similar pun might be rendered in English as "Will Dig" or "Wanda (Want To) Dig". Many American gamers learned of his real name via the Nintendo DS game Mr. Driller Drill Spirits, where he is also a playable character. He is additionally featured in an unlockable gallery of Mr. Driller items in Mr. Driller 2. In the Mr. Driller series, Hori is known as the "Hero of the Dig Dug Incident". In Japan, he is also the Hero of the South Island incident and is the honorary chairman of the Driller Council to whom most of the characters answer. This contrasts greatly with the PC remake Dig Dug Deeper, where the hero is simply named Dig Dug.

It's not mentioned here but Dig Doug's motivation in the game Dig Dug Digging Strike is to regain his lost glory and show up his son, whom everyone expects to save the day. He seems very bitter and it's all very lol.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

oddium posted:

also i cleared gx's story mode on very hard

Extremely powerful.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I have purchased Resident Evil 4 on so many platforms it is ridiculous. As a matter of fact it may be time to finish another game of Resident Evil 4 on Wii with the handcannon again because why the gently caress not.

A close second for times completed is Super Mario Bros 3, then Super Mario World. These are both essentially flawless games and I will stop what I am doing to play through them at any time.

I just finished Metal Gear Solid 1 for the first time and something tells me I am going to be replaying this whole series for basically ever.

Oh poo poo, Vice City, too. I won't claim to be amazing at it but it is a game I can just play forever. I have beaten its terrible story so many times.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Mak0rz posted:

I don't think there is any game I purchased more than RE4.

Granted that's only three times but still I spent money on the same game three times and I don't regret a single dollar because RE4 is perfect.

Like DOOM and DOOM 2 you can never own too many copies of Resident Evil 4.

Guy Mann posted:

Something that kind of blew my mind was realizing that Vice City is set in 1986 and came out in 2002, 16 years later, and right now we're only one year away from it being that long from when Vice City came out to the present day.

:stare:

It's a shame the 2000's is a culturally bankrupt time period or we could have a decent modern Vice City sequel set there

Also you are ruining my life with that information.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

I think the instrumentation is kinda lovely on most of the score. All those tunes could sound way better on the SNES.

God loving dammit Lurdiak.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

They're not bad songs! It's just that games that came afterwards on the console show that Link to The Past didn't make the best use of the soundchip. If we're going to talk about the game being "perfect" I think that's one area it could've been even better.

Name a perfect game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I just remembered I have played the ps1 Spider-Man a lot but it is kind of bad

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The only perfect video game I have not yet mentioned is Shark! Shark! for the Intellivision.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

a kitten posted:

It's Tetris.

which version

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

a kitten posted:

Original and/or Gameboy.

Speaking of great old games: is Robotron 2064 in any arcade classic packs or something i could play on the ps4?

Robotron: 2084 is a Very Good Game and is available on Midway Arcade Origins along with Smash TV, Total Carnage, Arch Rivals, Gauntlet and Sinistar.

edit also Lurdiak is right, it is on the original Midway Arcade Treasures collection on PS2 and GameCube

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Arch Rivals might be perfect actually ...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

bloodychill posted:

13 minutes on one fish :psyduck:

I appreciate their dedication.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm sorry talking about games you liked was so painful you had to talk about how bad the Xbox One is, fellows. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

1. The RAM is bad.
2. the frame rate is not good.
3. It doesn't do the graphics right.
4. Butts, poop and fart
5. The buttons are big and Microsoft will never love you.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

what th

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

It's not made in Japan but people might like it.

:confused:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I think the current generation is bad, and the previous ones? Wise and noble as all hell.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm lying, I am a member of the current generation ... I think??

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The Battle Of Three Armies Plus Two Available As Premium DLC Buy Bundle For Best Value

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought it was less "he made one good game" and more that "he made several really good financial decisions involving selling off properties at high prices so that he can use that money to go into space twice"

He also made a movie about how cool it was that he went into space.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In Training posted:

I think a lot of the character designs and writing are ugly as hell and off putting but it had a color palette wider than 3 kinds of gray in the 360 Era and the skillshot system was a lot of drat fun, and it was a short game worth replaying for high scores. It should have a pared down sequel with no voice acting or story but more skillshots and weapons! But instead we got the same game again but with Duke Mothershitting Nukem in it.

It's extremely cool that they made DukeVision real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

the wiiu is just an expansion for the wii, right? why do I need to buy that, I already have the wii.

😑

Anyway I got the Otacon ending of Metal Gear Solid the other day and it is markedly superior to the Meryl ending.

• Locked thread