Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Theres going to be kids knifed over sea weed within the next few years, isnt there. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
lol Boris going to bring back hanging and Droit Du Seigneur

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

lorn Wayne posted:

this 'stormzy' character pfft i certainly wouldnt invite him to my box social

He obvious uses drugs that come from uncouth sources.
Not from the proper gents Tories get theirs from.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

V. Illych L. posted:

these idiots are doing scorched earth in their own loving party

Wouldn't be surprised.
Brexit is a chance for whoever is in charge to be making new rules and laws (BRING BACK HANGING FOR THE POOR AND IMMIGRANTS) and if they can get in charge they will be KINGS.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Typical Euro who doesn't recognize the regal stiff upper lip composure of bringing the fight to the frogs and krauts in brussels!
These euros will bend any moment now........

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Agean90 posted:

this is beyond parody how do you satirize this poo poo

By donning a monocle, top hat, and try to box queensbury rules anyone under your class.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Hentai Jihadist posted:

An extension would gently caress Johnson but its be a victory for him if he manages to get the EU to let him "renegotiate" and ofc he's gonna have the full backing of the media carrying water for anything he does

I will be really disappointed in the UK media if there isn't a front page shot of the DDay beach landing with Boris' head on an allied soldier, and Merkel/Varadkar/Macron/Verhofstadt on the bunkers in the distance.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Ape Fist posted:

I love that people are literally going to be poorer and have less food on the table for their kids to entertain a hollow revenge fantasy against the EU by English Nationalists.

Who will end up blaming and taking it out on the non-EU foreign family down the street.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

YOYOYOYO Glastonbury in the HOUSE YEEAAAAAH
It's happyHIPHOPPY here!
Time to rock out with......

Brexit!
No more EU followering,
No more Merkel hollering,
Only Britans ballering.

Sovereign!
We will all be.
From Queen Liz down to you and me.
Making our own rules,
No more from those Brussels tools.

Trade!
Don't want bendy bananas,
for our british nana's.
Only sunshine and freedom,
In our United Kingdom.

Boris!
Leading us to rule the waves again,
No matter how much sweat and pain,
No matter how many seats Labour gain.
Johnson, long live his reign.

Now join in the chorus if you know it!

One world cup and two world wars, do dah, do dah!
One world cup and two world wars, do dah, do dah!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

My father was interviewed over Mountbatten's murder.
He would fish out on his boat, and take a few locals, including my mother's side family who lived near.
He took out my father a few weeks before he was killed, hence a suspect.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Right now Big Brained Boris and his cabinet are trying to come up with a Backstop alternative.

There's a map of the UK and Ireland spread on the table, and lines on it all over Ireland.

Occasionally one of them goes 'What if...', the others look excited and expectantly at him.

"No, thought I had it..."

Boris sighs, cursing May in his mind for ruining his ascension to ruler of the Second Empire.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

A Buttery Pastry posted:

A celebrated British institution, ended by unelected Eurocrats.

There was a Gammon on the radio a few months ago saying she voted for Brexit so they can eat fish & chips out of newspapers again.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

I know I’m just an American but can anyone tell me what Brexit means?

Imagine a neighborhood of different kids.
All the kids play in each other back yards, are allowed to into each other houses, trade toys, etc.
The UK kid decides one day he is better than all the other kids, and doesn't want to abide by the group will.
Instead he wants to decide who can or can't go into his house or backyard. And none of his toys can be shared without his say so.
But he wants to still go into other kids houses, and take their toys whenever he wants.
And even more, he wants to tell the group what to do in future, but they can not tell him what he can do. Because he is 'better'.
Of course the group deny this, but they decide on discussing it for 3 weeks.
First week, UK kid does nothing apart from proclaim hes going to get all he wanted and even more.
Second week, UK kid does nothing, has a few meetings with the other kids, UK proclaims he won every discussion.
Third week, UK panics, proposes the same thing 5 times to the kids, asks for an extention.
Other kids give him 3 more days.
UK kid, with no other ideas, goes to his mother. Mother declares meetings with other kids not allowed, UK kid declares he has won.
And a glorious new age of playtime at the UK kids house begins, with Poundland Robert Cop and Spuderman knockoff lead based toys.
While the other kids watch on in horror, who then go back to play with their Playstation 6 and Xbox VR 720's.

TL:DR Imagine KCGreen's Anime Club's Mort, but instead of anime its racist colonial nostalgia disaster capitalism

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Ashmole posted:

Ireland is gonna be lit guys

Ireland will be soon shooting UKers from getting in like World War Z Isreal.
But with fat gammons complaining how they don't talk proper english here, instead of zombies.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

An insane mind posted:

No.

I am Brexit.

loving wise up then.
Catch yourself on.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Pryor on Fire posted:

Ok just reading about the UK for the first time and what's up with that little tiny piece of the island they have next to them? Northern Ireland is a part of the UK? But just that little tiny part?

Really weird setup, I think I'd be super mad about that if I were Irish. Did they just try to invade and that's as far as they got or something?

The English invaded Ireland just to stop the Spanish from trying to establish a foothold. And got the whole island, as the irish were bog men tribal at the time.
Then they spent centuries treating the Irish like poo poo, even more so when the Famine happened, until the Irish booted them out at the start of the 1900s.
But they wanted to keep the rich parts of it, the shipping cities and trading centers in the north, where most of the english descended lived.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

dpf posted:

the 80s were a great time for art and I therefore welcome the brexit apocalypse.

up the (classical) fall

They made a film about it.
It's called Jubliee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC4Qdiw-3jM

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Word on the street as well is that Boris has a Baldrick cunning plan on how to get a deal with the EU.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

What will they do with the second week though?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

wheyyyyyy lads lads lads

lets just pretend the 1940s, 1966, 1982, and the late 90's never ended

Fixed

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

loving called it!

Martial law, immediate arrest of anyone not Tory and/or worth less than £500,000, and shallow mass graves in Shoreditch by the end of the month!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Wonder how deep that NO TAIG trench would have to be to fill in the Irish Sea.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Cheaper to just kill us all and blame the french.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

AnoHito posted:

I'm guessing about as possible as dismantling Mt Everest rock by rock; theoretically possible, but good luck actually doing it.

It'd be interesting to see the math on how deep the channel would be and how much it would cost, though...

I tried some napkin math there.
The irish sea is 160m deep around that area, and that area marked on the map is roughly 742km squared.

Something like a kerbillion pyramids worth of earth.

And then again, you are loving ruining Loch Neagh. But on the bright side, my home town may have a canal beside it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Feldegast42 posted:

So I've been away for a few weeks but why does Boris want to connect the Wetlands with the Arathi Highlands again

It will bamboozle Marcon and Merkel, they will never expected such 50th dimensional thinking, a bridge that won't be build this decade, so Boris can next monthl get the EU to agree to let it be run by the UK forever.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

BMX Ninja posted:

Meanwhile, the western half of NI has no rail network, terrible public transport, no motorways, and can't even get busy roads upgraded to dual carriageways. Coincidentally, that's also the part of the province that's mostly Catholic non-DUP voters.

Not a coincidence.
The unionists intentionally decided to not fund a lot of infrastructure in catholic areas in the early 1900s to the 1980s, maybe even upto today.
One good example is the M1 motorway. Businesses were shouting out for a motorway to connect Belfast to Londonderry/Derry.
They built it connecting the majority unionist towns inbetween. But when they hit the first catholic majority area (Omagh), oh woah cant build it there because some Taigs might get some benefit from it!*
Took until the early 2000s, and EU money, to get the roads slightly upgraded for the high volume of traffic to Omagh.

*Edit: Some of the rumors about it was that they gave catholic farmers woefully low compensation packages compared to the unionist farmers. Just like the Heating Scandal a few years back.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

SelenicMartian posted:

Does ginger really help this much?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gingering

It was used in horse racing/selling.
Putting ginger up their rear end made them more energetic/spritely for a short time.
Giving up false impressions of them normally.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

RobattoJesus posted:

I remember in like 2009 when Labour had a rad drugs minister who said LSD should be legal because it's safer than alcohol and they immediately fired him because Blairites sucked.

Sure, I have had some good times on LSD, and sure its safer than alcohol.
But then again I don't want scared as poo poo people trying to break into my house trying to escape the invisible spider people every friday night.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Squizzle posted:

drunk folks make worse decisions

True, but rather have a slower angry man against me than a normal angry man but who thinks that the worms coming out of my face are telling him bad things and that he needs to remove them.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Jose posted:

My parents neighbour had terminal cancer when he voted leave and died 2 months after the vote

No romanians going to come over and take his grave.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Heavy_D posted:

The plan to effectively wave lorries through customs to avoid days of queues might help supplies get into the country in the short term...

Every trucker gonna be Han Solo, smuggling poo poo against the evil UK empire.
"This rust bucket did the Calais run in 12 hours"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its depressing that the UK is in such a fragile state that people are already dying and that the people in power are looking to take a sledgehammer to the a load bearing wall.

In order to stop the neighbour from visiting

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

*gets extension for 1 year*
"Ok, now we got time to sort this out!"
*does nothing until next August*
"EU STONEWALLING US!"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

2012: We're gonna get billions of money for London!
AUSTERITY!
2019: Why are you poor shits sad?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Private Speech posted:

Once all the foreigners are out they won't be stealing any more jobs from proud Britons and businesses will be forced to pay higher wages.

This was a truck driver's view on James O'Brien's radio show last week.
Turned out he was self employed.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Ere! I dunt want no forrun doctor neither!
I want a English one!
One that talks proper!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
lol if you think there will be any businesses in the UK after brexit

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

A future Darwin award winner.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Ah right, 800 years of rule, no strategic or economic value for the last 500 and NOW we are a burden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Preston Waters posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBA7dqIDztI

lol holy poo poo this went some dark places

Make this guy Poet Laureate.