Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Fitzy Fitz posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/867093598650720256

This is another stupid loving angle the Republicans keep trying to get soundbites for during these open hearings, along with "I've seen no evidence"

Shouldn't every reporter out there shove a microphone is his damp gob and ask "How may times have the Russians contacted you and your campaign?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

FourLeaf posted:

I lost a lot of esteem for her because of the Russia focus...

Lol

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

mcmagic posted:

Even if she was right, she has been spending way too much time on it. Her show has become ponderous.

NO EVIDENCE, amirite?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It was obvious something was going on from the moment the Republican party platform was inexplicably changed to remove support for Ukraine.

Exactly, that was when my wife started yelling "What the gently caress?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

The Glumslinger posted:

By claims, I assume you mean tapes, with the transcript published in the WaPo last week, right?

Yep, Ryan's flak denied that the "Everybody hush about the treason" incident happened when asked. The reporter then read off of the transcript and he said it was a fake. Then the reporter mentioned that he heard the recording and the story changed from "It's a fake" to It's a joke"

Haha, get it? There's also talk that the person who recorded it was Evan McMullin.

Yesterday Clapper testified under oath that he warned the entire gang of eight (which is Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Devin Nunes, and Richard Burr on the republican side) was told last August about this and about how serious a problem was . Their public stance has been "I see no need for a special investigation at this time" So it pretty obvious they care more about money and power than they do about our country.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Chilichimp posted:

And Paul Ryan.

And the diet of a green bay packer fan.

Now I want a brat and some cheese curds.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Fansy posted:

Imagine what today's news would look like if a black democrat bodyslammed a fox reporter.

Ugh. Good point.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Pander posted:

what kind of mental gymnastics are required to wear both Nazi and American paraphernalia at the same time?

It's like being a marxist member of the illumanati or something.

Seen a confederate flag recently?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

hanales posted:

That is a great idea. Someone should DM him. something something had the truth about no collusion something something

"Hey gang! It's Old Lady Wasserman-Schultz under the mask!"

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Erebus posted:

Don't worry, everyone will fall back on the classic "I could believe it so it might as well be real"

Yeah, Trump is known for his thick skin, general intelligence and unwillingness to sue people.

I still can't believe we have President Pussygrab and somehow that's real.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

skylined! posted:

if you decide that this dumb letter is the thing that makes you take a step back and re-evaluate your decisions in life, you should probably take a step back and re-evaluate your decisions in life.

SEE YOU IN COURT

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Radish posted:

They were cool with it up until one conservative group got sick of him and releaked that he had that creepy poo poo in his past. Then suddenly they found their consciences. If it had just been on the downlow and only non-conservatives were calling attention to it there would have been no issues whatsoever.

They were bandwagoning behind those Bundy fucks until he started lecturing about "the negro" Sometimes there are still a limits to the madness.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Sloober posted:

gently caress yeah! You ride that rocketship to state fiscal crisis wisconsin!

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/868158321542533120

Didn't Brownback try this too and now the state is basically bankrupt?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

never stop doggin

ABC

Always
Be
Canine

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I get Zuck is a terrible candidate and speaker with no experience but so was Trump and welp here we are.

After 4 years of Trump I could easily Zuck get the primary Nod if he promises the world like Trump did. Just the left version of it. So instead of banning Muslims, building walls, lock up Hillary and opening the coal mines again. Zuck promises UBI, free weed, tons of wind/solar, and locking up Trump yea he could easily get the Nod of liberals who are desperate like conservatives were in 2016.

The flaw in this reasoning though would be that maybe Zucky would be about as good a president as Trump. So even if he did win by some miracle, we'd be stuck with another idiot.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Zuck is a lot of things but I really don't think he's an idiot.

Agree to disagree then. A lot of these silicon valley dipshits do not impress me.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

CelestialScribe posted:

I literally just said this a page or two back.

Perhaps you missed the point in my post where I said he shouldn't run, and that I think he is a bad candidate, and that I was simply responding to the point he isn't intelligent.

Intelligent - yes. Candidate - no.

If he is so intelligent, he wouldn't be thinking about running for president.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

STAC Goat posted:

People need to just keep bringing up Ted Nugent. Like, I have never cared one bit about Kathy Griffin but every time someone brings up her name the response should be "I'll condemn her if you condemn Ted Nugent and Donald Trump for celebrating him." It won't win any debates because no one on the right will do it, but it will immediately shut down the argument.

Plastic severed head - hyperventilates, thinks of the children, faints dead away

Chokeslams a reporter over a legitimate question - Great win in Montana!

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Dick Trauma posted:

I wonder at what age there was no turning back for Donald Trump. Childhood? Young adult? Did any of his friends notice and think "What happened to Donald? He's a jerk now."

Yeah, John Miller

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

He just wants those documents so he can let the White House know what's coming down the chute.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/870038575747915776
https://twitter.com/benyc/status/870040461695737858

Looks like that wacky Nunes is trying to run interference on the Russia investigation again. Is there any chance Mueller's investigation catches up to this ratfucker too?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Fojar38 posted:

It's really weird that people seem to think that I am even a little bit of a Trump supporter just because I'm not melting down at every tweet. Are we measuring political positions by how visibly upset someone gets at particular things?

You're not always wrong, but you are always an rear end in a top hat.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

shrike82 posted:

lol i didn't realize scarborough and mika got engaged.

I wondered what finally got the big Z.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

So even though this person broke federal law "Prosecution of the executive was declined"

quote:

Lastly, the OIG found that the executive lacked candor and provided false statements to the
OIG in relation to the executivefs conduct in the above]described matters, in violation of federal
statute and regulation. Prosecution of the executive was declined.

What the gently caress?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Can people not write articles any more

Must everything be tweets and image based PDF files

Here's the text

quote:

INVESTIGATIVE SUMMARY
Findings Concerning Improper Hiring Practices, Inappropriate Interactions with Subordinates
and a Contractor, and False Statements by a Senior Executive with the
Executive Office for Immigration Review

The Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) initiated an investigation
of a senior executive with the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) based on
information it received from DOJ that the official engaged in inappropriate hiring practices,
used non]public information to benefit friends, solicited and accepted gifts from subordinates,
maintained inappropriate relationships with subordinates, and participated in an inappropriate
quid pro quo scheme with a contract company.

The OIG found that the executive engaged in improper hiring practices when, on seven
separate occasions, the executive disregarded merit system principles to hire close friends and
associates as DOJ employees or DOJ contract personnel over applicants with superior
qualifications for the positions.
The OIG also found that the executive initiated and approved
the promotion of a friend before the individual was eligible for promotion, nominated a friend
for a monetary award without sufficient justification, and promoted a friend who lacked
qualifications for the position. The
OIG further found that the executive disclosed to friends
and acquaintances non]public information about job opportunities on a pending DOJ contract,
and advocated for increasing contractor salaries in support of friends
. The OIG found that this
conduct violated federal statutes, federal regulations, and DOJ policy.

In addition, the OIG found that the executive maintained an inappropriate personal relationship
with a subordinate, and solicited and accepted gifts and donations from subordinates, in
violation of federal statutes and regulations, and DOJ policy
. The OIG investigation further
concluded that the executive engaged in an inappropriate scheme with a DOJ contractor in
which the executive sought employment and training from the contractor for personal friends
in exchange for the executive actively participating in the creation and awarding of a purchase
agreement of substantial monetary value to the contractor, in violation of federal statutes and
regulations.

Lastly, the OIG found that the executive lacked candor and provided false statements to the
OIG in relation to the executivefs conduct in the above]described matters, in violation of federal
statute and regulation. Prosecution of the executive was declined.

The OIG has completed its investigation and provided this report to EOIR for appropriate action.

The OIG also referred to the U.S. Office of Special Counsel its findings that the executive
retaliated against employees who refused to hire the executivefs friends.

Posted to oig.justice.gov on June 6, 2017

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Yah, good to know you are taking this seriously Lindsey.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

OxySnake posted:

No doubt. But at the same time he could answer questions as to Trumps request of him for the Russian investigation. Either way it could be a huge testimony. (It will probably be nothing major)

Kinda wish Comey would fire back some questions of his own. "Last time I sent a letter to Chaffetz about Hill's email, he leaked it. Why? Also, what the gently caress is up with Nunes trying to scuttle the house investigation." "What's the deal with airline peanuts"

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Nothus posted:

They basically voted for the Supreme Court seat. That's pretty rational imo.

I guess it's possible to be rational and wholly hypocritical at the same time.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

theflyingorc posted:

every one of these I watch I desperately want Comey/Clapper/Yates/whoever to respond to the Republican questions with "that's a very stupid thing to ask me" and they never do and it makes me sad

Sometimes you get a gem. Remember when Clapper answered Gowdy's question with more detail than he wanted?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Charliegrs posted:

Hey guys McCain is disturbed by the Comey testimony.

He's Disturbed.

Disturbed from a loving nap maybe.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

It's just locker room obstruction you snowflakes!

Haha, way beaten

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Trabisnikof posted:

Stop using profanity you're keeping the bar down.

Don't mind me, just lamenting those civilized old days of McCain's illegitimate black child.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Swearing is bad for Dems and good for GOP

OH YEAH?

*Chokeslams U*

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Did Scalise go into critical condition at some point? Or is this one of those "words have different meanings than common useage" things? I thought he was fine.

He was until Ben Carson stepped in and performed some surgery on him.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Hollismason posted:

So Trump is trying the Rob Ford approach then. Decrying people then saying those people should recuse themselves because he is Decrying them.

Maybe he'll follow that strategy to it's conclusion.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Harrow posted:

I've seen Pelosi blamed so many times for Senate ACA bullshit that I'm starting to think it's some attempt at a meme.

Funny thing is, is that when it comes to legislation, Pelosi gets poo poo done when she is in charge.

Xae posted:

Just so I'm reading this broke brained poo poo right:

The people who scream the loudest about RESIST REPUBLICANS are now recommending capitulation and letting Republicans decide who the Democratic leadership is?

Just a few trolls as far as I can tell. I skim this thread instead of reading closely when people can't stop chicken little-ing. It was a stupid seat in a loving red state. "Oh no, we'll have to try again in two years"

:somesortofjerkoffemotehere:

Edit - This will work :jerkbag:

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 21, 2017

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

nine-gear crow posted:

Schmidt is fascinating because if Game Change is to be believed, Sarah Palin broke his brain so hard it made him functionally a liberal. But you're right about those three, they seem to be the sanest Republicans left standing.

I've seen Richard Painter making the rounds too. He seems like a pretty reasonable guy.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Trabisnikof posted:

I'm so pissed about this, sorry. It's just that in ten years time, this kid won't remember what she was doing on June 28th 2017. In ten years time, I will be remembering how I was deprived of this nerdly honor by an opportunistic twat breeder and her shitling. I'm hurt. All my life, nothing has gotten to me more than being deliberately ignored, or passed over. Honestly; that's the sort of thing that can make me cry in public. Or key your car. Or viciously murder you and your family in the heat of frustration and never-ending denial

Congratulations breeders, you win.

Source your quotes? I can't tell anymore.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

boner confessor posted:

it's the harry potter book opening meltdown, a classic post. i think from r/childfree?

Keeping up with the internet is exhausting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

boner confessor posted:

it is a twelve year old post my droog

Guess this one's on me then. BRB, gonna go study the SAclopedia.

• Locked thread