Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
Just like catching the roni, I'm ground floor here :regd08:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

COVID-19 MAY 2020 USA CUM DEATHS GUESSING GAME
Guess how many cumulative deaths we have on worldometer's COVID-19 report for May 31st for the USA. The closest guess gets the satisfaction of being smarter than a bunch of idiot epidemiologists. If you are dead on May 31st, you may not redeem this prize. The guessing window closes at +07:00 GMT on May 2nd.

178,430 total cumdeaths

Samurai Sanders posted:

A friend of a friend is a cop and is going to have to start evicting people like...today. I don't know what to say to my friend about it other than just I wish that it wasn't that way.

Unless he has a court order saying he has to, and it's been vetted and confirmed, he actually doesn't. And even if it is, he can still double check it.

Nobody's going to fault him if he slow walks all the dotting of i's and crossing of t's.

Strong Quizno's Subs vibes from this work of art

Man Musk posted:

Maths question: We’re already well past Mardi Gras where 2% of all participants succumbed to the roni. Is that 2% figure cumulative, i.e. if you visit the beach 98 times this season will you catch the roni?

Depends on who does your maths.

Flesh Forge posted:

strap in boys and girls etc :pervert:

https://twitter.com/jeremymbarr/status/1256070806804848643

e: I legit cannot wait to see what kind of batshit insane stuff goes on at that :allears:

Can't wait for a WH press secretary to cry live on TV

Question, can radium revive the "forums cancer" thing, but change it to "forums roni" and give it to the top poster in these threads? TIA

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

irpoweroutlet posted:

I feel like I should email this to a reporter. it’s from a longer company FAQ posted internally

most people work for this company do so in very public facing positions

I find it insane that they want you to work if a family member has tested positive, or am I reading this wrong?

It's read like a full statement, but to answer your question, "listen to the CDC recommendation and contact your supervisor" is basically "your supervisor is going to demand paperwork proving your positive diagnosis in writing and you're only going to be excused for those days, or you're going to be fired for lying and wasting company resources even if you're telling the truth."

Actually he was probably banned when FYAD was dragged behind the server farm and shot

BONGHITZ posted:

everyone drop what you are doing and buy and play "return to obra dinn". all of you. thanks.

Spoiler-free advice:
- Do some history lessons and learn about the lovely miserable world of East India Trading Company and near-indentured servitude they effected through monopoly, as well as other neat nautical-related things.

- Order of operations are important; nobody who is already dead shows up later.

- Actually read the drat book when you get it.

dex_sda posted:

gently caress the police

:hai:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

:chast2b:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Scarodactyl posted:

Outdoors is where ticks are.
Don't make my mistake.

BRB breeding human-familiar possums to operate like barn cats, except for ticks and junk, gonna make a figurative killing, as long as all the government pandemic literal killing doesn't stack my potential clients like cordwood in a freezer trailer.

:holymoley: the picture of the Harlem park was flagged with a content warning

Some people are taking internet journos too seriously

Homeless Friend posted:

a grave is a type of quarantine

Can't social distance if you're dead and in a mass grave

Breaking quarantine as a corpse! gently caress yeah, America! :patriot:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

I haven't budged from my initial prediction that it started somewhere else and either a military or affluent travelers brought it there, on account of literally every plague being the result of military movements/training or rich people who just vacation 24/7

this is also the reason why the wrong country usually takes the blame, because it first "appears" in some area that is actually willing or able to recognize it in the first place lol

unfortunately we won't know for years and it won't matter even if it turns out it started in France or wherever

edit - this isn't out of some affection for China or anything, just that I refuse to believe it couldn't have started spreading on some US boat and broke out from there until it affected a nation that wasn't totally psychotic like we are

China waiting until after LNY and that one church in SK that dispersed its fervent to the farthest corners of the globe have a different take if true

The notion isn't to start it, the notion is that if you have it, you pass the buck.

Basically a worldwide case of national leaders collectively throwing a covid party, but nobody invited them and they all decided independently to not be the only one hosed over by an epidemic wrecking their GNP.

Xaris posted:

i don't, if only because it's naturally going to spread all over with instant globalized air travel flying something like 200,000 (?) planes a day. thats also why a 'roni strike is dumb because it's going to immediately come back to all your cities and everywhere else as well with business brooklynite travelers hocking around the planet by the millions every day.

Economic crab mentality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lkg_8ly1Tk

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

facetoucher cat posted:

I spent my time not reading the news doing this

I don't know what to do for a sweet or if I should just throw a package of gummy worms at my husband and call it a day

Make those "worms in dirt" desserts, crumbled oreos in chocolate pudding with the gummi worms in them :yum:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hot Karl Marx posted:

gonna plug this covid graph into the quadratic formula and solve this pandemic once and for all

But the quadratic solves for the unknown, and covid is the unknown:tinfoil:

and you're solving for the pANDEMIC YOU FOOL, YOU UTTER MORON! YOU'RE AIDING THE INVISIBLE ENEMY!

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I thought all the posts on social media were just jokes but can glasses havers really not figure out how to move the glasses like a fraction of an inch down your nose so they don't fog? They don't need to be pressed into your retinas 24/7.

When you fit glasses to a face, they're usually fitted without a face covering, so corrective lenses aren't going to settle as naturally as without.

It's the wagon rut problem, but your glasses are the wagon wheel, and your face is the rut

Atrocious Joe posted:

Japan and Taiwan were already anti-China

Sweden is obviously a country run by death worshipers so yeah I can see them trying to start WW3

If anything the pandemic might be a wildcard in Vietnam. Yeah, China is a bully right next door. But they're at least rational and have a similar system of government that can withstand a crisis. The US can't even help itself, how is it going to help you in a regional conflict or climate catastrophe.

Turns out Vietnam really likes when people don't dick around in their country, and when America quit sending soldiers to murder them, they found the mutual business relations not terrible. I mean, good is debatable, but not terrible.

China is right next door and comes knocking every now and again. Maybe not knocking with napalm and liquidating villages(that anyone acknowledges), but they're still dicking around in Vietnam, and that's far less attractive than working with the U.S., especially when the U.S. would rather lose their capitalism cannon fodder brave men and women in the patriotic armed services :patriot: chasing cheap oil and other monied interests instead of contributing to jungle reforestation with corpse fertilization.

gradenko_2000 posted:

As a Filipino, I wouldn't put the Philippines on the "possible" column. Duterte is leaning hard on establishing amiable relations with the PRC, and while this is fueling a lot of vocal opposition towards him, he controls Congress and the courts.

The most I would expect is that some nativist right-wing demagogue wins in 2022 on a wave of anti-Duterte-mixed-Sinophobia to counter Duterte's tough-on-drugs right-wing demagoguery.

Duterte is breeding a "violence as a first resort" mindset that will see him gunned down by revolutionaries and that will spark a civil war

Can't aid China if you're doing a civil war.

Judakel posted:

Lmao opening up because you're scared of astroturf

Probably scared more of becoming the next Gabby Giffords thanks to the diligent effort of someone from the "esteemed":rolleyes: Orange county

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Whoop whoop pull up. Whoop whoop pull up. Whoop whoop pull up.

This was a mod that never made it into my KSP collection :jebcry:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Stereotype posted:

oh my god 350 peopled died in both 737 max8 crashes combined. Four times that many people died just today, all in the US.

I guess the line between "tragedy" and "statistic" is at what, like 5k?

The line between "tragedy" and "statistic" is an event planner and government proclamation :ssh:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

How does a guy named Shermichael manage to not even grab @shermichael?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sherms

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I hate this poo poo

Banksy is good, but talking about Banksy in any way but person-to-person or with more than 4 figures to your name is lovely

Charlz Guybon posted:

Boggles my mind. How the gently caress can this be worse than the combo of WWI and the Spanish Flu?

Modern infrastructure was built on previous superstructure and infrastructure, but that infrastructure was dismantled to make room for more modern solutions, leaving only the superstructure supporting the modernity; when it collapses now, there's a lot of basics that aren't around to start over with, where there were back then.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spergin Morlock posted:

what the hell is DAD?

Diffuse alveolar damage

Basically that "lung damage that makes it hard to breathe" that the roni is known for. The "ground glass opacity" thing.

Bird chat: a dumb-looking mourning dove turned a gutter into a nest, the dumb thing
I'm not helping it if it rains, RULES OF NATURE JACK :colbert:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Perry Mason Jar posted:

There's never been a better time to play Civilization.

Marathon pace has far different implications when it comes to unit movement and perpetuity of military, and also micromanaging 20+ turns out is a bit more precise than planning 5-10 turns out

snoo posted:

you're right not having kids DOES own

I will tattle to your rodent furbabbies

MorrisBae posted:

I had a relative come in from Seattle (lol) about 2 months ago, and like 5 days after seeing him I had an absolutely brutal headache and chills for like 24 hours, temperature of 97.1, and and then I slept like 12 hours straight and was fine

I've never had the chills thing happen to me post-puberty, so it was loving weird timing if it wasn't COVID

Suspicion of being susceptible to two different strains of covid means just getting one might not be a thing, there's another one out there, oooOOOooo :tinfoil:

But for serious, there was a pneumonia-like illness end of last year, that was mild, and then there was one end of March this year, also mild, but in the "oh poo poo hope I don't have to call the hospital or die in my sleep" mild.

Did I catch both strains? I dunno, probably. Lucked the gently caress out if I did.

Also just to make a ton of you feel bad, I won the genetic lottery and have almost no allergies so I'm fine with inhaling all the horny plant particulates :toot:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Is this knowledge from personal experience?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I understand everything else but there's got to be some story behind "naval supremacy".

"Biggest dick in the bathtub"? :shrug:

Historical references to a nation's power were typically tied to naval supremacy, and as of right now, today, the U.S. has an absurd number of big boats that were unchallenged for a hell of a long time(before the roni ghost shipped them :lol: )

Before that was France and England, little bit of Dutch before that.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Skypie posted:

lol my foreman was saying this yesterday and I was like "???????"

Sleep on the job and tell your boss you're building your immune system while at work, instead of going home and getting weak bing bong so simple

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

moist turtleneck posted:

im getting really confused at this shipt app that im trying to use to buy rations

I'm chuckling at the lining up

You will probably need that control top if you go with the Jaegermeister, though

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

facetoucher cat posted:

what are these car insurance companies getting out of this "we're giving you 20% back for not driving during the pandemic!" crap? What's the angle? No company does anything out of the goodness of their heart especially an insurance company

By lowering your rate, you can afford to not cancel your policy, meaning they keep your business.

Also I'm pretty sure that lying about your coverage qualifiers is grounds for them to dick over any payouts, so a lot of people are going to get nailed by not calling to re-raise the travel distances after they clear their local roni lockdown and resume driving.

Then they get a rate hike for lying the next time they renew, and that info will follow people around, I'm sure.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

that was obama and the dems he rode in on.

This doesn't conflict with the stated "boomers"? :confused:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

elon warrior has logged on

This is the guy I'm offending every time I call Lonnie Slavemoney a douchenozzle?

:hmbol:

snoo posted:

can i have one

oh, for sure

AHA BUT NOW I CAN CHARGE YOU 2K MONIES TO PROCESS YOUR TEST GIMME YOUR TRUMPBUX THIS IS A STICKUPYOURNOSE

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Aw man, I love thrift stores, not so much I want to die but they are fun .

:same:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

snoo posted:

get your own boobs

Local boob shops closed as "non essential"

Do I just order boobs from online? Are we still not crossing the line for amazon?

Squizzle posted:

“la county”?? what is this, france???

France is "Le", you're thinking of Spain

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

AnoHito posted:

French also uses "la"...

Nah, pretty sure counties have penises in France, i.e. they're assigned the male articles.

:hmbol: The witch's curse strikes again :hmbol:

Look at this tongue-floating-in-his-mouth tryhard

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ChristsDickWorship posted:

after using terro for the last few years, i don't understand how the other traps suck when sugar water and borax seems simple as hell

etalian posted:

I notice that ants actually ignore the expensive traps brands like raid but get quickly addicted to terro.

Cheap commercial sweeteners have been used in baits for a few decades and surprise, surprise, insects have evolved a distaste for the commercial sweetener because it's used almost exclusively with insecticidal poisons.

Terro works because it uses the same sweetener that regular food typically uses(sugar) and evolving a divestment from that when it's literally thrown out everywhere by people isn't going to happen. That makes it a minefield that ants have to walk through or risk cutting off a major source of easy intake.

vyst posted:

I read this as dankest winter at first and got excited

It can be if you make it so :350:

Makework jobs with supervision and makework jobs without supervision are two different beasts. If you're salaried or unsupervised, thinking smarter means you can dick around a lot more as long as the results are there. Hourly or supervised makework is garbage and you should absolutely put in the minimum possible effort on that front, because if it's all done, they'll find bullshit to stick you with and expect you to do that from then on.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

snoo posted:

gently caress retail and gently caress customers

Please do not gently caress the customers, you have no idea where they've been!

Warmachine posted:

Well, I got some good posting in before Michigan became the plaguelands.

This just made me realize we're going to nuke our own country to eradicate the spread of the virus and this is how Planet of the Apes happens.

The funny part is, if he's actually a full-on cap and gown KKK member, he can assert that as a defense, but outs himself as a KKK member. If he's not, then he got that item purely for the racism value, and may deny KKK affiliation, but is still on the hook for deliberate racism.

Bing bong so simple, take another left turn :allears:

"If people don't like the lockdown, they don't have to live in the city." :colbert:

And if there's no danger and "open 'er' up" then what's the impetus with impugning on the municipal sovereignty for a city-wide issue?

Ken Paxton can go cross-contaminate his own grilled meats and contract e.coli then poo poo himself dry.

KaptainKrunk posted:

there won't be another lockdown they are just going to normalize mass death

:sigh: :agreed:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

the boston bomber posted:

really curious what “marxist thought” you are referring to here

the big difference between China and the US is that China has a functional federal government. it’s not really more complicated than that

Pretty sure China is equally--or proportionally--as dysfunctional as the U.S., but with Chinese characteristics.

shovelbum posted:

that's pointing to a ballpark 0.5-0.6% IFR which is about what we'd expect?

Steady case increase and ~95% left available to infect is a bunch of powder under a slow burn, it can still tap off in a week and you won't know until it explodes 2-3 weeks from now.

Flesh Forge posted:

lmao they discovered a cure!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7M_xjSpLnA

snoo posted:

who all here is never horney anymore

Loss of horny = caught the roni

oxsnard posted:

Hahaha, this is what you get when you say the worst is far from over

(I will stop posting chud quotes if y'all don't want it)

Please encourage them to only visit like-minded places that follow a "no mask" rule, as anyone so fear mongering as to enforce the mandatory mask rule is playing into liberal hands, and they can encourage no-mask-savvy individuals with business incentives.

ricecult posted:

The US is the only country half full of people who are actively fighting for it. People in India are doing their best, despite their circumstances, because they understand what's at stake.

And unfortunately for India, all the factors that will facilitate the spread are present, turning your point right around: despite doing their best and actively fighting it because they know what's at stake, the circumstances are showing an increasing foothold and the approach of infection landing in an incredibly dense population.

ricecult posted:

Is that why you said they might as well give up?

You do realize that they are actually trying, not trying to reopen like we are? Don't move the goal posts, you said some really disgusting poo poo, and if you just own up to it you'll be a better person for it.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on all things India but I spent some time over there and I went to slums, and yeah, it's depressing as gently caress and it's going to kill a lot of people. But do you understand how hard those people try to survive and what they're up against, even before this poo poo? To say "welp they should go for herd immunity" is just so hosed. If you can't own up to how hosed that is to say, all I have to say is gently caress you.

Friend, partake a :chillpill:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

That poor blazer button :ohdear:

Flesh Forge posted:

Ran out of places to hide bodies I guess

No those are all from... uh, traffic accidents. They caught pneumonia in their extremely cold cars because gas was super cheap and they're running the A/C like a blast freezer. And then died. In cars. And not from the COVID.

Can't wait for Nintendo to find and sue that one guy in the pikachu costume for everything because he's defaming the franchise.

:thunk: Weird how it's the states' responsibility to actually do the tests, but the president gets to claim those states' tests as his own accomplishment...

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Son of Man posted:

If you don't have a gun you are a bad Marxist

No it will not jump out of your closet and suicide you pussy

Responsible firearms ownership is surrendering a firearm when you cannot guarantee your avoidance of self-harm.

You can entrust it to a trusted friend or family member, even.

Spergin Morlock posted:

they think it tells other people they're scared and they AINT SKEERED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryIjCkw3Jfg

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

You should have called out his patriotism with something about hating All American kids playing ball.

You don't gently caress with high school football in the American South.

:lol: that Alabama literally cajoled compliance from chuds by threatening that failure to abide lockdown measures would cancel football next year.

Thoguh posted:

Does undetected mean they never had a positive test or that they didn't have symptoms? Because given how hard it is anywhere to get a test that seems like an important distinction.

"Symptoms were minor enough to blame on other, more obvious possibilities, like a particularly bad allergy season, one hell of a party that needed a week to recover, etc."

Malcolm XML posted:

keeping an internal lock down going beyond elimination is entirely pointless and actively harmful to, say, people who need elective procedurds (chemo, for one).

no need to let in plague ships but forcing a no productive lock down will result in non covid deaths.

"Going beyond elimination is entirely pointless" sounds suspiciously like a high brow death cult's "open 'er up" especially when the noted authoritarian nation of Singapore--which bears strong resemblance to Hawaii--is having second wave infections

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mistle posted:

"Going beyond elimination is entirely pointless" sounds suspiciously like a high brow death cult's "open 'er up" especially when the noted authoritarian nation of Singapore--which bears strong resemblance to Hawaii--is having second wave infections

Strong resemblance in that they had effectively flattened the first wave of infections sense, not in the authoritarian nation sense.

Ordinarily I wouldn't be pedantic about something this obvious, but I've seen the news recently, that kind of stupid out in the open has to be contagious :tinfoil:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm XML posted:

yes, noted high brow death cultists like new Zealand's pm and the epidemiologist advising Hong Kong (
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/opinion/coronavirus-end-social-distancing.html ) have strategies to reduce the measures from shelter in place down to social distance and wear masks. full lockdown measures make sense when the cost of a lockdown is less than the cost of the virus.

doomering is nearly as bad as the actual death cult drat

Look at this nerd, who thinks Americans can be trusted to actually do the nuanced and correct thing, medically speaking, while also having health care for minor medical issues.

So how many of her co-workers stood up and went?

alphabettitouretti posted:

yeah remember when the whole pirate industry got shut down and that's why we now all legally purchase and/or stream content.

I remember when it took a hell of a blow from honest efforts, but then the shareholder's quarterly demanded they take a ripe poo poo on long term gains by marking up and loving around to bring in an additional 1.2% for the gross earnings :capitalism:

Mayor Dave posted:

Go to the doctor wtf

America :911::patriot::911:

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I do have a couple I can share from another idiot though lol.

Hong Kong Flu-y

RandomBlue posted:

They made it a huge PITA to get any money into or out of online gambling sites for US players years ago. I'm surprised the gaming industry hasn't succeeded in using the pandemic to get online gambling legalized in the US.

If gambling makes it as easy to get money into their system as online loot box mechanics, there's going to be a hell of a revelation about loot box mechanics.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bullied by Corona-chan and shoved in a locker until Jesus comes home. :hmbol:

SardonicTyrant posted:

How could you abandon your cast iron pan, monster?

A clean getaway would probably wreck the seasoning on a good cast iron.

I'm sad because the bankruptcy liquidation sale will be rife with the roni.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

At least one hundred babies born into Ukraine's surrogate motherhood business

:stare: im sorry WHAT?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1261889191069339648

Turns out white people will pay white people to have white babies whitely, but as a pastime, not for real for real.

Asking my large adult child questions about the Coronavirus.

slippery doc posted:

A cashier at the store just now was wearing a mask but momentarily pulled it down so that she could cough into her hand :stare:

:crnasickos:

Too Many Birds posted:

i saw 3 separate employees wearing their masks under their chins, and a few more exposing their noses.

one of the guys wearing it under his chin was coughing while stocking shelves.

can't wait to die because people can't be loving bothered to be mildly inconvenienced.

It's funny and ironic because if you didn't need to go to the store, they wouldn't have to be :airquote: essential :airquote: and they're likely pissed at having to coddle spoiled boomers who don't wear masks and it's crab mentality, but they're rightly dragging dead weight into the abyss with them.

:hmbol: Camp David has a single hole and a driving range, you gotta make do in a pandemic :hmbol:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

anyway just wear full motorcycling leathers + full-head helmet, everywhere. this has been my ted talk

What is this, a post-apocalyptic Mad Max future?

snoo posted:

lmao cops are useless

Slam every instance of "a dissenting cop" with a department wide cut of pay, watch the union reprimand them into toeing the governor's line because there's too much cushy work to let someone with personal morals gently caress it up for everybody.

Bonus if you hesitate to turn the money faucet back on until they make a written pledge to adhere to governor's orders.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: if you think that cops live off of their reported wages.

:lol: is when they have to explain where the extra money comes from, because it's clearly not coming from their job.

sullat posted:

Baker County is right next tp Malheur and has less than 20k people. This is some hick judge and if the state Supreme Court upholds it I will eat my hat, which I will probably make out of beef jerky before hand.

Oh gently caress, haven't had a good hat eating toxx since Abe made the lovely fruit hat a whole while ago :yum:

ShutteredIn posted:

Circuit judge appointed by the current governor lol

lmao

Ed O'Neill and Markiplier had a fat chud baby

That one scene in the G.I.Joe movie where cobra commander was turned into a snake and kept repeating "I was once a man"

But more Jesus-y

Catastrophe posted:

I know this was a while back but why do all conservatives only know how to record video if it's in their cars?

Not going to lie, a car generally has good features for recording:

- Dashboard makes a stable camera platform
- Car interior has noise-dampening features
- Lots of windows with a tinted sun/moonroof(if available) provide ample and natural diffuse lighting
- Generally there's little to no environmental care about how much gas is used to air condition the whole interior, but despite it being sunny and warm, the interior is climate-controlled

I mean, you can still gently caress up color balancing, audio direction, and other recording aspects, but a ton of off-the-shelf auto-adjustments go into smartphones so they can automatically do better than some know-nothing yutz who bought a fancy camera and plays with all the setting without know what they do or why.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Durf posted:

lol my mom is trad cath and a former nurse and is currently towing the line somewhere around "The virus is dangerous and a vaccine is required even if it's made of BABIES"

These aborted baby stem cells are bestowing the GIFT of LIFE unto those who are still alive, even in death :angel:

And then you realize since they weren't baptized they're going to have to baby crawl through purgatory, but your prayers can put them one step closer to not being in purgatory.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

tangy yet delightful posted:

Wondering if Disney is waiting for any legislation to be passed shielding them from lawsuits if (when) outbreaks are traced back to the park opening up.

The good news of reopening sent prices higher, but any news about "this doesn't meet the guidelines" or any shooting down of an opening will knock that stock price down.

They're going to delay and slow walk their plan in order to build hype and keep number UP! UP! UP! because the moment they put poo poo in writing people are actually going to see 1) how poo poo it is, or 2) how much it's going to cost to do effectively, and either one of those will hurt prices.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

The CSPAM doomsayers will have plenty to work with here. When it comes right down to it any level of lockdown is a luxury that only richer countries can afford to even attempt (though a huge police state can to some extent substitute for wealth). If things start going bad in India things will get really really bad.

A shame given how militant and dedicated a lot of neighborhoods were to keep themselves safe, but some expenses haven't been subsidized and need to be paid with money, and you get that by going to where the work is, which for some was a hell of a walk, and then of course the people who are open and hiring workers are the same people who aren't 100% about health and safety, so they end up giving the roni a lift to the nearest crowded neighborhood.

America's only failure-turned-feature is the sprawling vehicle-access-only mega-suburban hellscapes that keep people safe by virtue of gatekeeping middle income life through the demand for a motor vehicle and the associated costs, and the concentrations of peoples worst affected are those with no options and forced to live close to each other.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Trixie Hardcore posted:

REGULATION UPDATE: All goons MUST submit a picture of every meal so that we can explain how we are all professional chefs and your meal is poo poo. Then you must eat the meal while playing a laugh track because nothing you do will ever be good enough.

Do I... do I have to post the diet cola and whiskey I had for a meal?

I mean I could but it's not really what one would call a meal. Still, it's right in line with "lovely food that goons think is fine" :shrug:

Rah! posted:

i filled my mask with beans so i get a tasty and nutritious snack with every breath

That one dark elf from Oblivion, but instead of "The Feed Bag" it's "The Bean Bag"

:captainpop:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Scary! Too posted:

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status/1264035521057050624

The guy working from home is urging people to get exposed

:lol: that thumbnail, Neiman Marcus and JC Penny are already buckled and going to bankrupt, nothing like liquidation sales :toot:

oxsnard posted:

Internet reviews for doctors are notoriously unreliable but also lol

:lol: People will complain about anything and everything to anyone anywhere. They'll also lie and exaggerate to discredit decent doctors because there's no real way you speak to their manager.

Imagine being racist enough to travel an additional half hour on your own dime because your doctor is too brown to trust.

Also the only people who comment about doctors are people complaining about them. Otherwise they're complaining that all the white doctors in their area are booked solid for months on end and they need to see a doctor next week and get me your manager if you can't make that appointment.

But generally lovely doctors don't last long, they get ripped a new one from affiliated health insurance companies over "patient care" and that's a paycheck they can't afford to cut unless they're niche, extremely specialty, or making bank from wealthy clients.

:hmbol:

There's a reason why the "they killed my dog all options are on the table" is a trope in America, because people will ruin you over treating your pet as bad as ICE treats immigrants.

Skull Servant posted:

While this is good, the Chief Medical Officer was very adamant that the only reason we had no recorded deaths today was because of the weekend effect. We are still above 50 cases a day and will probably be in double digits for another week or so.

That's also ignoring the deaths and cases in Northern Ireland. The border is completely open and areas around the border are the hardest hit because of this/the absolutely awful British response.

Villages in India barricaded roads and refused travelers with grassroots vigilante mobs, I think Ireland might have slightly better organizational skills to fend off the English plaguebearers.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

lol if you think that's "politicizing" then check this out:
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1265779980262350852

I need Mr. T and other positive-yet-intimidating role models to go on TV and tell everyone "Wear a mask and stay six feet apart, or wear a casket and stay six feet under."

But :hmbol: we'd get some smoothbrain word salad from the presidumb trying to co-opt this message for his MAGAKAGARGLE sycophants.

Good soup! posted:

my mother- and father-in-law are both teachers (gradeschool and high school respectively) and they absolutely loving hate this poo poo maybe this will make people shut the gently caress up about how virtual learning is THE FUTURE

It is, but the problem is that teachers are relegated to online curriculum IT jockeys on top of trying to juggle all the coursework. The infrastructure isn't there, and instead of educating, the teachers have to spend all their time telling students how to unfuck the e-classroom seb bullshit. Never mind that it also requires the students themselves to furnish their materials and an internet connection with device.

Ask them, if they had a TA/IT computer toucher to deal with all the bullshit about "I can't log in" or "unlock this feature for me" and if all their students had no issues getting materials and connecting for lessons, would it suck as much?

Looking forward to the story in November/December:

"Businesses advertising putting toys and tech gadgets in the caskets with deceased individuals to 'encourage Christmastime shopping' and bolster the economy, which is sorely needed with the death toll officially above the seven-figure mark."

FizFashizzle posted:

The drug reps give us a bunch to pass out as samples, but we just give them out to people that can't afford their meds.

This is a modus operandi for health insurance companies when people call and can't afford their medications: go bother someone for free samples.

:d2a:

vyst posted:

Why do meth when you can do krokodil?

This question is the epitome of "the only way to win is to not play"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah it's the initial fact check I don't understand. Twitter just decided they wanted a fight all of a sudden.

IIRC, the board's looking to ouster atjack from his high horse, and it might have something to do with the "post free" conflict provocation tweets libertarian ideal making GBS threads on that sweet peacetime commercial advertisement income.

Serf posted:

what if you are the wife or girlfriend

:monocle:

power word- Jeb! posted:

king seems pretty reactionary, they should call it chairman burger

The Burger's King is a figurehead monarchy, it's like if Queen Elizabeth was actually a double serving of those crispy chicken fries or something.

Steve Yun posted:

choice ny strip steak is $20/lb at my local restaurant depot. this is the wholesale price.

:lol: the USDA didn't choice poo poo, take your pick of the meat packing folks and one of them said it's good enough.

Not like anyone's inspecting anything :shrug:

sincx posted:

lots of places care about face and have face culture

in fact, the word "face" is a semantic calque from the Chinese word 臉. the reputation/prestige meaning of "face" didn't exist in English until the late 1800s.

the difference is, in most places, saving face means you gotta keep your citizens alive, whereas in the US, saving face means owning the libs

You will find that the people who voted for the "Leopards Eating People's Faces" party and subsequently had their faces eaten, cannot, in fact, save face, as they currently lack one. :dehumanize: