Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

So that's deffo O-Kagachi's kid, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

A big flaming stink posted:

Why is tezz pro phyrexians again? I thought he was just bolas's guy

Etherium was kinda like living metal, so why not take that further?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Silhouette posted:

"Destroy; can't be regenerated" used to be Bury, and it's one of the few times a keyword was removed and I still don't know why.

A few cards also used Bury as an alternate wording for sacrifice

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Lets Pickle posted:

IIRC Emrakul turned that scroll into a spell of trapping Emrakul in the Moon, so who knows what it'll do.

I mean, Mirrodin has five moons...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Didn't they have a 'very good reason' he was the only living walker not in WAR.

Wasn't he with Urabrask doing rebellion stuff and hiding from Elesh Norn?

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

The Phyrexians are going to release Emrakul, its going to eat Dominaria, and the multiverse will reset, now with better brand integration.

Probably not this, but I believe in a Magic comic from last year, some fish cult Simic people bounced a telepathic signal off of Jace's brain or something and Marit Lage's iceberg tomb is now floating towards Ravnica like a comet.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Sit on my Jace posted:

Here's what this flips into:

Yo, Angelo

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Re: squid: Calamari is a not uncommon dish at italian places

Re: that food vendor card that someone associated with eating dog for some loving weird-rear end reason: I think the intent is "dancing" shrimp sashimi /ama ebi, or those places that cook a fish right after pulling it out of a tank (or carve a chunk out for sashimi while it's still alive but I think that's exclusive to like a japanese fish market)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

This was the same FNM I had to spend a match listening to an opponent complain I was using Venser sleeves for a BG fight deck. I didn't go back to that store.

This owns. I had won a pack of magic sleeves with some planeswalker on them, used it to sleeve up a R/G deck. Whatever Standard season this was years ago, someone was running a deck with maindeck Pithing Needles so when they dropped one early game1, they named the planeswalker, which I didn't run.

Accidental Mindgames.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

xarph posted:

If Creature - Loxodon Lawyer is not a type in new capenna they will have messed up badly

Surely they'd be a Rogue Lawyer, given their hobby.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

Jaegermonster/Heterodyne tribal when.

Hell with that, Buck Godot for Unfinity

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

As a Canadian I can proudly say maybe we can all come together and agree the world would be a better place if the US and Russia were both parking lots

As long as you don't try to play a Tribal deck in Canada :v:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/lost-legends-2022-07-21

Additionally, not all cards from the original Legends set will be included. Due to some weird 1994 collation print runs, we simply didn't open certain cards despite opening case after case after case. These include.
[...]
Ramirez DePietro
[...]

Bullshit I want a pack-fresh Legends Ramirez for my pirate de-Ok you know what this will suffice for now...

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

fadam posted:

Once the Phyrexians get owned, who is even left for bad guys?

Ashiok, Eldrazi Titan Understudies of Ulamog and Kozilek (While Ugin screams in annoyance from superjail), Marit Lage (I wish the comicbook storyline of some cultists in Ravnica bounced a radio signal off Jace's brain to summon Marit's iceberg as a giant comet slowly floating towards the city was Actually Happeniong), Bobby Nixon, Slivers, Baron Sengir (I think he found a portal from Ulgrotha to Dominaria that the dwarves of his plane hosed off through awhile back, and he does have Granny Sengir aka the oldwalker Ravi in tow, and she might still have the Apocalypse Chime), the loving Mirari might still be in a supply closet on New Phyrexia and decide to take over the multiverse itself if it gets oiled up, Planar Chaos 2: Stop Letting Teferi Do Things, the Onakke doing their revival arc with the Chain Veil as has been slowly hinted at for the past 15 years, idk Slivers?

We got a small collection to dip into still but I don't know if any can do Big Arcs

As soon as I saw the previewed (re)remake of Ramirez dePietro, I was hoping they'd do a Halfdane to go along with it, and killing someone to take their place is perfectly canonical for them, so I'm a happy camper.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

But if Icatian Moneychanger gets Skeletonized you cannot collect on the debt as skeletons do not respect financial institutions.

What about Crypt-o-currency then?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Can you imagine if they put a Doubling Season or Parallel Lives into the nid deck?

Deathleaper as a theoretical build-around commander is extremely niche and rude, I like it.

Also, SwarmlordBroodlord isn't legendary, so Magus Lucea into it is extra spicy.

Nid deck owning so far.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 12, 2022

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

You mean Broodlord?
The Swarmlord and Stormlord are legendary.

Hurf, yeah, Broodlord.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Ah yes, Trazyn the Goes Infinite

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

First up, here are some things you can expect:

• a card that can make multiple Storm Crow tokens

Crow Storm reprint :stoked:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

?

!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Toshimo posted:

No. It's templated as "Toxic #" and one of the spoiled cards counts poison counters. Toxic will likely be something that applies a fixed number of poison counters on hit so it doesn't work with pump spells.

Poison and -1/-1 counters, probably, otherwise it'd just be Poisonous X

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

TotalHell posted:

“Vindicate -> indicate” has trained me to take any Orzhov spell and immediately remove letters, but all I can get from this is Legs to rear end.

Add a little spanish

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

I miss Conspiracy

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Doctor Discomfort posted:

i'm gonna be that guy with the oil counters deck annoying the poo poo out of you with There Will Be Blood quotes.

No, Mishra. It was Urza who told me about you. He's the prophet. He's the smart one. You're just the afterbirth.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

General Morden posted:

lol at people getting mad that aragorn is black

As a fan of the old Bakshi animated movie, I am more disappointed that aragorn isn't native american :v:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Have the Phyrexians gotten to Innistrad? Cause that might rouse The Moon

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Let's everyone give a big hand to the real hero of the hour:

Ashiok, for giving Elesh Norn a complex over Elspeth

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

LifeLynx posted:

Have they said if the LotR set includes stuff from The Hobbit? My family would love seeing a Smaug card.

I think the Sauron Necromancer is a reference to stuff that Gandalf did while the rest of the Thorin Crew was busy in Mirkwood so hopefully.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

GonSmithe posted:

So even though we've known about it for a while, the chuds have found out Aragorn is black in the LOTR set and are swarming. It's getting attention from a bunch of outside-MTG weirdos too, thanks to Musk's lovely Twitter drawing all their poo poo comments to the top.

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1662881429074657280

I mean, he shoulda been Native American as God and Ralph Bakshi intended :v:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Wizards should do a Wizards set.

You fool, that would release A Gun into Magic which cannot be permitted.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

AlternateNu posted:

Did they print any Uruk-hai related cards? Or are they just Orc/Orcer/Orcest?

They didn't print Orcest, only Glamdring

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Sickening posted:

This is just oral mtg player poo poo. Ego’s overruled logic. Like you look at the top cards to see if you had it or not and decide who won the game. Saying “whelp, guess we both lose” is just insane.

They had like 8 judges watching the match and supervising the post-match discussion so that it was Words Only, no negotiating deals, no dice, no topdeck checking, nothing whatsoever.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

LifeLynx posted:

That faux-Guru Land Swamp is amazing, I forget what set it's from though

Shards of Alara

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Mix. posted:

rules question: last saga counter is put on and the ability of the final step of the saga goes onto the stack. can i sacrifice the saga in response before the final step has resolved (and therefore before the saga has been sacrificed to state-based actions, assuming its not one of the kamigawa flip sagas)

Of course.

You could also remove a counter from the saga, which would keep it in play (The state-based sac check is counters >= final chapter and no ability of the saga is on the stack, iirc)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Have never actually played with Sagas except maybe limited on Arena, but this was not how I had groked them to behave

you're right though. that's exactly how Sagas work

Once again, EDH shines for letting people learn very niche specificites of card rules (had Tom Bombadil Sagas deck for a little while)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

mandatory lesbian posted:

Even Firster Strike (this creature deals damage the turn before it attacks)

mandatory lesbian posted:

Actually wait that might already be an unset card lol

Rocket-Powered Turbo Slug?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

ram dass in hell posted:

If there are no references to ff tactics characters and things i will be disappointed

Blame yourself or God

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

When do murders happen

when you pay 1BB

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Did Marchesa get deposed or did she decide to sneak off from being Queen of Paliano to do some hands-on criming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

fadam posted:

Goodbye 4BB
Sorcery (R)
Choose one or more–
• Destroy all creatures.
• Destroy all planeswalkers.
• Destroy all battles.
• Exile all graveyards.
• Each opponent loses all counters.

So would the blue version be "So Long" and the red one "Auf Wiedersehen"?