Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

I'm not reading the 3k posts y'all made while I was waiting in queue, but Endwalker is p. good imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

I hate in RPGs when I gradually get more powerful as I progress through the game

What I love is doing that, then getting slammed back to zero, but only in one zone.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

The gameplay loop in both zones is fundamentally the same, it's just that Bozja lacks a lot of the details and side-stuff Eureka has. The main thing Bozja has over Eureka is that you can grind for out-of-zone progression there, that lost actions are better than logos actions, and that there are more raids.

It also has the opposite. You can grind your relic outside, with minimal interaction with bozja after you hit certain milestones.

You never have to be spinning your wheels in Bozja, or feel like you're spinning them at least.

That said, putting it somewhere other than a faux-WWI battlefield would be alright.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

Not trying to come across as pithy/rude/contrarian by saying this but I don't think "you don't have to engage with the content" is that big of a strong point. I mean, you're right that it's good to not have to do it if you don't want to, I just think that ideally you should want to.

True, but I think more ways to interact with the parts I do like without dealing with the parts I don't is a good thing.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

The Namazu quests are the best. Love those little idiots.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

Are the 2B outfit coffers from the first NieR raid on a daily/weekly lockout or can I attempt for them per run?

Then again if I keep getting groups like the one last night that really, really struggled to understand the Engels fight I might not even bother :shepface:

Lockouts for non-savage are personal, if you don't get something, you can run it until you do.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I'm too lazy to go look this up, but I feel like the events immediately after an expansion are always weaker than later ones.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

don't be like me and realize 24 hours before it's over that you would need to do 10 praetorium runs for all the tomes you need

That's like 45 minutes of AV runs on BLU.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I like the final bozja MNK fists. Summoning crystal daggers to punch people with. I think Makai fists were the first, but there's plenty of options for "your fist with energy/crystals" now.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Theris posted:

With 3-4 weeks before 6.1 launches this will almost certainly not be the last round.

Plus we can get debates about leaving if you do/don't get the right dungeon/trial in the new roulette started.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I, I might play this game too much.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

plate party

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

I do wish you could move the pvp map and party lists. Feels like an oversight.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Onean posted:

You do have to be in the Wolves' Den Pier, otherwise just the PvE stuff shows up.

Ah, I went looking and didn't see it. I'll try it there.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Consummate Professional posted:

If someone sent me a tell after a PVP match I would lol all the way to the block list.

Some one messaged me about another goon's behavior in a frontlines. Which I promptly posted in /fc and a good laugh was had by all. Then they went busy which prevents friend requests.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

HackensackBackpack posted:

Did someone say "house"?

The basement is pretty boring.

Aha!

The gimmick so nice I did it twice!

Upstairs is a bit more calm.

That false bookshelf is one of the best things they've added. Ended up rearranging my basement to incorporate it too.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

At this point have to figure that 7.0 will have a ranged physical dps and a magic ranged dps, right? That would put make 5 melee, 4 ranged and 4 casters.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

hazardousmouse posted:

Yeah,I'm gonna stick with my cottage grandfathered into a FC zone. I agree with everyone having max garden plots and for FC cottages to have ship access if they don't atm. It would remove some of the pressure for larges only

Yeah, I've wanted to move to Mist for a while, but not worth it. The only Mist medium up had 86 bids when I checked last night.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Axel Serenity posted:

The hooligan outcasts started Initial D with hippos and are now trying to go straight

I'm waiting for it to go Fast and Furious but Initial D is probably more likely.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Arist posted:

I cannot believe they named one of these Arkasodara quests "Do It for the Vine"

I can. Koji Fox is a menace.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

hazardousmouse posted:

if you don't play the lotto you have 0 chance of getting one. if you win, you can always transfer plots later if you like a location

True, but relocations still go through the lottery now. So you'd effectively have to win two plots.

Housing is fun. I wasn't crazy about my spot in the Goblet, but it's grown on me and now I don't think I'd move even with a guaranteed plot.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Just realized we can go on other data centers and drag bone dragon north. A whole new bone zone!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Oh we glam postin'?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Quests that have you do a bunch of different things to upgrade your relic as opposed to the Eureka/Bozja "go grind this type of content until you have enough tokens to get your next upgrade" model.

Finally a new poetics dump.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Is it the same tower as previous years?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Arist posted:

Apparently it's worse.

Worse as in more difficult or worse as in too easy?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Vitamean posted:

I level BLU normally when a new bracket comes out then power level my friends so we can make plans to do new BLU content and then never follow through

I'm glad that I don't have the brainworms that make me want to get all the BLU spells. Powerleveling it to max is good enough.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

YggiDee posted:

For the Callback campaign, where you invite players who let their subscription lapse, can it only be done with accounts you're already friends with in-game?

Yes, the way you invite them is through the friends list.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Not enough people in ghost costumes and frog heads and whatnot in that wedding. Maybe I'm just too used to goon weddings.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Badger of Basra posted:

All of the Nier bosses have way too much HP

I think all the 24 man bosses have too much xp, except LotA and Circus. At the time those were relevant I'd have probably included them too.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

flatluigi posted:

i'm finally cleaning up all the non-ARR tribe quests and am a little confused about how the ARR quests work in terms of lower-leveled jobs? it looks like the quests at (say) the kobold camp are minimum 41 but I could still attempt to pick it up at 32 (my lowest job). will the quest still be 41 difficulty, or does it sync like the others? if I'd attempted to take it, would it have errored out? do the ARR tribe quests not lock you out into the job that picks them up, and I should just run them as a high level job and turn them in on the lowest for that tiny XP boost?

They don't sync, and you'd have to be 41 to turn them in. You can do them on a higher level job, but you need to be 41 to turn them in.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Dragongem posted:

Frontline is 50% figuring out how to move your team so that you can take advantage of the other two teams fighting, and 50% sighing in despair as both teams just decide to slam into your team for zero good reasons

I also take borderland ruins day off because I have all the achievements for it. I think it's a solid map, it's just about 600 points too long.

There's a lot of things in the game that would be better if they took like 80% as long as they do now.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Macaluso posted:

They should actually do an emote that only works when you're sitting at a table where you pull out a laptop and keep typing on it until you move or cancel it.

They can start by making /read and /tomestone continuous.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I FORGOT TO UNLOCK ISLAND SANCTUARY THIS WHOLE TIME :negative:

I realized yesterday that since the omnicron went in I hadn't visited my island.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

MechaX posted:

After playing as a F Midlander since ARR’s launch, decided to use my first free fantasia on making a F Au Ra (and then blew the second one because lighting in this game is deceptive and I was not expecting the dark brown skin tone I wanted to just be flat out dark purple)

The animations I feel are quite a bit better (an actually good running animation plus the jump is no longer a “frozen in place” kind of jump either)

I’m curious on whether they ended up making improvements to the other races added down the line too now

The later added races are pretty much better across the board in that regard. I'd imagine that's something the 7.0 update will address.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

Finally, after weeks and weeks, I got the savage top.

Is that the savage PLD weapons?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Are you serious? I had no idea :allears:

Never underestimate the ability of MMO players to create drama.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

6 new wards, with 6 new subdivisions, for each district should add 1800 housing plots total. I think they're all lottery so I'd guess half-decent chances.

I don't know if they're going to be divided among FC only, personal only, or a mix, but it's a decent amount of plots.

Demolition is also being reactivated, but they said something about not resetting the demo timers. There could possibly be some evictions on that day as well.

The new wards (on the servers that are getting them) are divided with one being FC only, one being individual only and the other 4 being mixed.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f750e65f62e364cf179f8a40c30ffc244763e01

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Vitamean posted:

Bert Gang stands strong all these years later I bet the others don't even remember who they voted for

I voted for Red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

An ancient goon debate about the merits of Fracture, a long gone WAR skill, spawned a number of Fracture Riker avatars.

What debate? ABF A - Always B - Be F - Fracturing