Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Barack Ukraine Obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Dreamt I was chilling with Putin, Xi, and Biden. Vlad was arguing the world was power relations, I was saying there is some transcendent ethical value "but you know what, you are the leader of a country so maybe you know more than me" and he laughed.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was rooting around some old things and I found a transistor radio. I put some new batteries into it and it still worked. I hadn't listened to radio in a long time so I googled around what stations are still broadcasting and I tuned the radio over to one that played nothing but classical music.

I was idly wondering how the heck did they survive for all this time... and then they cut to a news break that was run by Voice of America and their first story was the announcement of Leopard and Abrams tanks being allegedly approved for transfer to Ukraine. Turns out the station is run from San Francisco and has ties to evangelical Christian movements in South Korea.
This is legit a good story, v. fun twist.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Bar Crow posted:

Ghouls grabbing loose scraps of culture to wear as a disguise but the culture is too thin to hold together. Once they wore the hollowed out corpses of incorruptible saints. Now they put an empty cereal box on their head and try to convince you they are the real Capt. Crunch.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

watching "Traumazone". vaguely knew but loving christ both sides of this war are the children of the greatest robbery in history

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

*snuffs out the dream of the brotherhood of man*

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY NATIONALISTS AND RELIGIOUS NUTS???

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Speak for yourself buddy, only the sharpest of blades can pierce my flesh

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

some strange precursor civilisation left behind a series of fortress cities

we can't know who they were but they were very advanced

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

me and my homies
:3

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

During an army training exercise we frequently got reports of items "the size of white shoe boxes" which seemed like a philosophical problem

Thinkin about this at work

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Oglethorpe posted:

Shaken Thug Syndrome

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Artillery innovater Fran “-gible” Drescher

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

wheres da semen

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

i was promised Semen

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I hate how so many people's predictions of outcome depend entirely on their desires. Everyone is too optimistic! Give me a guy who says "I love [Zelensky/Putin] but he's hosed".

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Ok here you go: I hate putin but he's going to win

Note: I've kissed people I hate before

Thank you slavvy i am satisfied.

On second thought I guess it's related because if you're doomed it's poor form to keep the war going.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

I would trust an economist before I listened to a “Political Scientist”

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

e: I should probably sit down and write something about the Shell Crisis of 1915.
would read

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Gravid Topiary posted:

playing war thunder tankies i just blew up somebody's frou-frou paypig tank by ramming my little brit tank into its side and shoving it forward until it flipped over on it's back and exploded, like turtles do

if they don't do that in real war they should, it's a hoot
:hmmyes:

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Isn’t Ukraine supposed to be in a war of national survival? How do you have a quarter unemployed?

How many were unemployed in the USSR or the US in 1942?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Junkozeyne posted:

Chemical symbol W, Deal with it tungsten lovers

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Egg Moron posted:

Bullshit

Russia will throw a parade so grand that Ukraine will weep and surrender I think

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Starsfan posted:

Happy Victory Day everyone, a day to celebrate the victory of the Soviet Union over Nazism.

Personally I'm glad Stalin ended the Holocaust. Some people disagree. Freedom to have different opinions is what makes this country great.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Interviewer: "Do you want Ukraine to win the war?"

Trump:"I don't think in terms of winning and losing I think in terms of getting it settled so that we stop killing all these people..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L07fMoafVh4

platzapS has issued a correction as of 06:07 on May 11, 2023

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

the issue with the completely reasonable principle of not rewarding aggression is that there is no way of consistently enforcing it, because the only extant possible mechanism of enforcement is incredibly evil imperial powers which themselves enjoy the odd bout of aggression. thus, by taking the position selectively, one makes oneself an instrument of inter-imperial competition. this is very easy to see intellectually but also profoundly morally frustrating and so a lot of otherwise sensible people just choose to ignore it, preferring a kind of madness instead.
Also, the principle of not rewarding aggression isn't absolute--it doesn't require national suicide. If Kyiv had an obligation to International Norms to resist invasion, I'd say they've met it in the past year and a half. Now it is their obligation to heal and rebuild.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

DancingShade posted:

You remember correctly. Drilling their own macbooks with goofy "we're the victim, oh boy we're going to be famous after this" grins on their faces. A good example of early play the victim profiteering.

holy poo poo you weren't exaggerating
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/31/footage-released-guardian-editors-snowden-hard-drives-gchq

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

I don't care about opsec, I'm just antisocial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ti-KRlZuZI

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Just lazily rename it the Rushin' River

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

as a condition to Ukrainian surrender, Kyiv must now be called Chicken Kiev

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Zedhe Khoja posted:

rename it Keefe

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

/

platzapS has issued a correction as of 14:14 on Jun 14, 2023

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

i genuinely do not understand this table

what the hell

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

the map side of the coin appears to have a bunch of blue arrows pointing up toward a currently uncontested stretch of russain border in the north. is this fantasy or did they forward the super secret counteroffensive plans to the company that mints challenge coins in order to have them ready in time?
It’s the map on wikipedia I think
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine#/media/File%3A2022_Russian_invasion_of_Ukraine.svg

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

i'm a blameless american. pure as the driven snow

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

adebisi lives posted:

All those dudes with the construction vehicles rolling their eyes and start filling the highways back in

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Cut through the tangle of conjecture with one question: cui bono?

And you have one answer: Lukashenko.

platzapS has issued a correction as of 02:29 on Jun 26, 2023

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was at the beach over the weekend, and I picked up one of those toy shovels, and I started digging

One of my nieces comes up to me, and asks me what I'm doing, and I tell her "well, if the enemy starts coming in from the ocean, we need to have a trench for cover. Would you like to help?"

She nods, and starts digging too

When the trench gets to about four inches deep and a foot and a half in length, I change direction to angle it perpendicular to the coast. My other niece then asks why, and I explain that it's to prevent the enemy from being able to see down the entire length of the trench if they ever get inside. "This way, we can isolate them to just the one part of the trench that they get into"

it's like a lightbulb goes off in her head, and she helps her sister zigzag the trench on the other side from the one I'm working on

Later, I help them fill up a bucket with sand (not too wet!), and then turn it over, to create "a big bunker that's going to overlook our trenches", as I use my fingernail to carve out a small firing slit. Later, they start looking for rocks and start putting them in the trenches and on top of the bunker. They're "the guards", they tell me

By the time we left the beach at sunset, we had one more bunker, about ten feet of trenchworks, and a communications trench running between the main line and the bunkers

That was all stuff I picked up from this thread, and I'm glad I was able to entertain and connect with my extended family for a while

:3

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

orc erotica is the ultimate forbidden fruit for the slava crowd, it's no surprise that they'd be jealous of those who partake in it freely

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

fizzy posted:

The unit’s methods, kneeling on the ground, prodding the top surface with two-foot-long metal probes, then using a 90-second fuse to blow up anything discovered, have all the hallmarks of a death wish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

lumpentroll posted:

lukashenko put em all on the plane imo

a sublime artist he is!