Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Finally got to sit down and play the game for a bit; don't really care for playing on a tablet, but I'm tired of waiting for news on when the Playstation port is going to drop. Verdict: it's good.

And Welt Yang's voice, oh my

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tae posted:

It's leaked to be 1.1 which is in less than 3 weeks.

Yeah, I saw that, but I didn't recognize any of the sources reporting it and didn't want to get my hopes up

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I did not expect Andrew Tate of all shitheads to photoshop a picture of Kiana from Honkai Impact 3rd next to him and post it on Twitter today.

I looked it up to see how dumb it was and I don't understand why he did it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Okay, I'm getting further into the game, and now I'm definitely seeing why people like the writing so much more in this than Genshin. Just digging through trash cans in Belobog alone was great, and there really seems to be a thread of "oh, the MC might actually have some issues" as you interact with unimportant objects just because you can

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

Patch notes.

Actual event replay, goddamn.

Holy poo poo, something that Genshin players have been wanting for ages just gets thrown in without (presumably) any demand from the HSR player base

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Given how the story quests vs events stuff bugs out in Genshin now, I'm picturing how bad it would be if you could have events clashing with eachother...

That's a very fair point.

Bussamove posted:

Give me a dapper gentleman robot.

Ngl, I was disappointed that Svarog isn't his own character (March was right, he looks great), so I am very down for a robot character in the future

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

MoonCrab posted:

Oh no! I was waiting for ps launch to finish up space china and do all the character quests but q4 is too long a wait :(

Leakers saying ps version was coming 1.1, when it was actually news about ps version :argh:

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed it's apparently not coming to PS4 anymore, but my laptop is running HSR well enough so I'll manage. Maybe by the time it drops I'll finally have a PS5 to play it on.

Guess I'll also move on to Space China in the meantime, I can finally ascend my Yanqing and Jing Yuan

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

UHD posted:

dan heng is strong he's just really boring

basic attack: hit enemy
skill: hit enemy harder
ultimate: hit enemy even harder

Yeah, basically. I don't have any better Hunt characters atm, so :shrug:

Meowywitch posted:

Clemency? Never heard of it

Leraika posted:

these tier rankings are but a vision

I hate that I can hear these in his voice lol

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Man, now I'm annoyed at how close I was to zero the other day (only had 5 left)

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Since they extended the museum event, should I just wait to start it after they patch it in 1.2? I finally got back around to playing the main questline and to where I could start it, but I just noticed that it's been extended for another 40-odd days

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
So far, I've have only pulled a 5* four times (I'm F2P), and two of those times have been Yanqing.

He's this game's Qiqi, isn't he

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

berenzen posted:

Yanqing is a very good unit, especially in the current MoC, where single target is highly desired and there are a lot of ice-weak units so he doesn't have to contend with the 20% res. He's also very easy to get high crit rates and so can stack lots of crit damage instead.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't mind him as an unit.

I just pulled him on the Silver Wolf banner so I'm disappointed. Got my hopes up for a few seconds just to have them dashed.

GateOfD posted:

3 of my 5* have been bailu

ugh.

Bailu is only one of my 5*

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

UHD posted:

i do it every loving time and it always bites me in the rear end

i will never learn my lesson

:hmmyes:

Same, especially since I got what I wanted for once and pulled all three 4* in twenty pulls. I'm meh on Pela (but now I have her), but getting a Qingque eidolon and Yukong made me happy. Now I finally have someone who can do Imaginary damage.

Game is rewarding me for bad behavior

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Kale posted:

Jing Yuan and Jing Liu need to share the same scene together in the present to see who can out cool smooth voice the other in the English dub. Apparently their voice actors know each other and are both Vtubers or something.

Yeah, they stream as the vtubers Cy Yu and Monarch respectively, and collab together regularly. Here's a video Cy Yu put up yesterday of their It Takes Two collab: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byr7FfmCm7k

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

AParadox posted:

Wait, did we actually get the first mihoyo playable character who has a child?

No idea if tears of themis has any.

Doesn't Welt also have a kid?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

I just need mommy Kafka tbqh

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Eimi posted:

Asta's a legit unit. She gets a ton of value in high cons too so the longer time goes on and the more of her you get the better she gets. A big atk% buff to the whole team is good, she breaks a shitload so you can build her break effect and fire break does a shitload of damage, she's great.

Yeah, I wasn't high on her at the beginning, but the more I put into her the better she gets. She's probably my best breaker at the moment

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

weapons the MC should get:
chainsaw
gun
just a lot of grenades

:hmmyes:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

JT Jag posted:

You can't trust Claudio Castagnoli, dude obviously killed an Italian guy and stole his identity, no way a Swiss bastard like him is named that for shoot

I agree, Claudio would be a good addition to HSR. Get him out of the BCC and have him join the Stellaron Hunters

:v:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Excelzior posted:

Livestream codes - only valid today, redeem fast

7B6B7GBZTVTB

MSPT7HAZTCTX

5TPBPGAGBDAK

As always, thanks for posting these. They help us F2P players out a lot

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Tree Reformat posted:

Yeah, that's an improvement from Genshin: being able to just mulch crap tier relics to exp juice. Genshin also had a 5* recycle system, but if you start bumping up on the artifact inventory limit, you have to start trashing relics or dump them into another artifact, which feels Real Bad if you don't have a halfway decent one for that purpose.

Speaking of which, are item caps the same as they are in Genshin? I'm not going to bumping up against them anytime soon in HSR but in Genshin I'm constantly bumping against them and it's pretty annoying

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

sushibandit posted:

Getting some weird lag on entering battles and during certain characters' burst animations after the update, it's incredibly annoying.

Yeah, I noticed things seemed a bit laggier as well. It's not good!

Also in regards to Clara chat, my doing her character trial was my first time using her in combat, and my immediate thought was "I want to see a Kid Gohan/Piccolo mod for Clara/Svarog"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Yoooooooooo

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm really disappointed in the frequency of story content and I think I'm done with this. I really don't enjoy team/character building anymore and what I enjoy is presented to me in crumbs.

Something I learned with Genshin was that you need to spread out quests in Hoyo games. Your ability to play through content will always outpace their ability to produce it. I'm slowly working through Space China quests now and am nowhere close to the 1.2 content yet. Hell, I finally started the museum event last night.

But, taking a break and coming back once there's some content built up isn't a bad idea either. If you're not enjoying the grind then there's no sense in making yourself play.

Endorph posted:

forcing people to log in every day activates FOMO and gets them more stuck to the game. That said Genshin is to the point where it feels like it burns people out more than gets them stuck at this point.

Yeah, all I'm doing rn in Genshin is logging in to do my daily commissions, maybe a little TCG, and that's it. Haven't even started the summer event yet. It's not fair to Genshin to compare it to HSR (different genres, Genshin's years old now, etc), but some of the QoL improvements in HSR make doing some things in Genshin a lot more tedious now

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Bussamove posted:

It's creepy and doesn't require a ton of running around unlike other dailies I am looking at you Adler you dumb child.

I am convinced that Adler is a curio ghost specifically haunting the Trailblazer.

But yeah, I really do like the creepy haunted vibe of the Ghosts of the Past dailies. Fits right in with all the other creepy poo poo you encounter in Belobog

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

If you think March is high pitched let me show you paimon dude

Paimon's EN VA isn't even really putting on an unnatural voice for Paimon, either, that's pretty close to how they sound normally.

Dracula Factory posted:

I'm glad I picked the female MC, her voice is so outside the normal JRPG fare,and I quite like it. Along with the sarcastic rear end texts and dialogue, she feels like an actual character instead of the blank slate you normally get with the genre.

Yeah, same, especially when compared to the Traveler in Genshin.

One thing I like about the Trailblazer's dialogue options is that whenever you introduce yourself to a NPC female personal assistant or desk worker (at least in the museum event and in space China), one of your options is always "You're pretty," which I've chosen every time because I like the idea of the Trailblazer just blurting it out whenever they meet an attractive woman in an awkward attempt at flirting

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Eimi posted:

She's a total disaster lesbian and I'm here for it.

One day the tactic will work and the Trailblazer will finally get a date, only for the woman to see them go outside and start talking to a trash can, causing her to immediately cancel the date

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Coeurl Marx posted:

Playing male MC definitely gave me a different read on those dialogue options than the rest of you though lol - I was constantly wondering "drat, why am I getting all these options to be a creep?" I did appreciate getting to frustrate March by talking about Jing Yuan being dreamy or whatever though.

lol those are valid reads on the options, too. It probably depends on how you imagine the MC to be in your mind; after discovering how much of a trash panda the Trailblazer is on Belobog (including all the mentions of March and Dan Heng having to watch you lovingly engage with stinky trash), I find it hard to play them as anyone but an awkward weirdo who just blurts out odd statements whenever possible, so that's usually how I read the dialogue choices

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

let me innnnnnnn

drat, and here I was thinking I was doing good sitting on 14k and 15 warps

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

haypliss posted:

Building pity is a lie you tell yourself to justify bad rolling behavior

I don't disagree, but telling myself that on rolls where I get nothing that I want helps me cope

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Got Kafka, Sampo, and E2 Serval in 20 pulls.

Gotta say, I've been fairly conservative with my rolls in HSR compared to how I was with Genshin at this point, so I'm pretty surprised getting her was that cheap.

Was hoping to get Luka as well, but I'm more than fine sitting on all of this jade I've stocked up and waiting for the next character I want

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

:argh:

One day I'll get this lucky with my pulls

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, dyes/alternative colors seems like an easy way to get some money on their end, but even that feels unlikely

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Kale posted:

Frankly given the unusual reach of Genshin and Honkai for gacha games I'm kind of surprised it hasn't triggered any inquiries yet either. Particularly from Republicans who could easily do China Panic performative stuff with it.

Please don't speak this into existence. The culture war nonsense is already on overdrive, I don't need to hear Genshin or Honkai become a new talking point

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

She's ice ugh

At least it's not Lightning?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Lazy_Liberal posted:

gonna break a cinder block with my tits

Ngl, this would actually be very impressive

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Just started the mining event, and jfc why is this so long already.

They could have cut three layers out of the first section and that would have been fine-ish

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1694168974714667444

You can now sign up for the PS5 technical test for those of you interested:

https://t.co/MLSqdcYdZt

Sign-ups are until the 28th, and the test starts on the 4th

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

230/300

still unsure on if I'll pick Clara or Bailu

I was very unimpressed with Bailu when I first pulled her, but she ended up saving my rear end multiple times in SU runs. If you haven't decided or pulled either by the time you hit 300 I'd go with her just because of how useful she is.

That said, I don't have Clara and I've only really used her whenever she's available as a trial character, but I want her just so I can have Svarog on my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
I ended up spending some resources to pull Daniel just because I liked his demo and wanted an Imaginary character that could deal some damage, but of course the resources I need to upgrade him are locked behind the main quest (which I've been doing slowly because of how little new story has been added and haven't seen the need to rush anymore) lol. I might go for Topaz once I build some jade back up just because I like the idea of having a treasure tracker, but if I can't get her oh well