Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Dolash posted:

If Bernie's backing Bush's comments about working more hours because it was talking about the need for full-time hours and benefits rather than everyone getting jerked around with part-time such that they need multiple jobs, good. I thought it was pretty unfair for everyone to interpret that comment as "Jeb's so out of touch, he wants us to work 100-hour weeks in the salt-mines", it's the same poo poo we complain about when Republicans take half a soundbite and explain what Obama really meant.

I mean, he's a Bush, he probably thinks we should all be working 100 hours in the salt mines, but we don't need to stretch what he said to fit.

I had more of a problem with the fact he said we needed to be more productive to boost the economy, disregarding the previously mentioned disconnect between increased worker productivity and compensation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

My favorite part of that release is that they're bragging that the forms weren't designed for someone of his wealth, yet there is still a checkbox that applies to them. If it wasn't designed to account for someone of his wealth, then it would be something like "40-50m" being the largest option.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

I can't find it on Google right now, but could someone relink that graphic showing average daily fundraising v % from small donors?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

True story: the only reason the Second New Deal happened is because Huey Long intended to run as president from the left and FDR had to outmaneuver him.

So yeah, the most progressive policies enacted in American history happened because of a third party threat from the left.

Did you miss the post saying that a third party threat tactic seems to only work when one party is dominant? In your Vermont example, as another posted pointed out, the Deomcratic party had a strong hold on things, which allowed for a third party challenge that didn't just gently caress everything up and give it to Republicans. Want to guess the margins on FDR's victory in 1932?

472 electoral votes to 59.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

What's the story behind :henget: though?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Chris Christie posted:

It's not going to stop there. UP, UP AND AWAY.

Just signed up at Trump's campaign site with e-mail and physical mail address for electronic and physical campaign updates and materials.

Gonna spread the Gospel of Trump here in the Great State of South Carolina, one of the early and most important primaries.

Also told them take a public stand on Citizens United, and also try to go after labor votes. Trump is pro-union, and he's been railing against outsourcing of jobs and insourcing of cheap foreign labor, might as well try to rip away white blue-collar voters from the Democrats.

Trumpmentum is real. Get on the train while you can boys and girls. CHOO-CHOO!!!

Donald Trump posted:

I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

What do you think about that?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

*chainsaws internally*

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Chris Christie posted:

Donald Trump is the perfect Newton's 3rd Law candidate in answer to the Obama presidency.

If you don't know how the laws of motion work, don't reference them; it just makes you look like an even bigger idiot.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Shakugan posted:

As an Australian, the argument of whether or not something is "true barbecue", as if barbecue was a single food item, is really stupid.

Barbecue is cooking method, not a food item you savages.

We're talking about BBQ, not barbecue :clint:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Boosted_C5 posted:

June Polls - Clinton vs. Trump --- Clinton +20
July Polls - Clinton vs. Trump --- Clinton +15
August (so far) Clinton vs. Trump --- Clinton +5

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html#polls

November 2016: http://www.270towin.com/maps/5BBlb

Are you using Fox News' poll there? Because :laffo:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Mirthless posted:

Well yeah Trump is probably still a jerk. Just saying, the dude projects the image of somebody in way over his head, it's easy to forget he's probably rich for a good reason. Nobody becomes a self made billionaire on accident

Does inheriting a large real estate company count as being self made now? And his father, oddly enough, benefited a ton from the federal government, primarily the FHA. Can read more here

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Mirthless posted:

Yes, he is. He started with millions, turned them into billions. The difference between the numbers is pretty staggering, but the way you goons are framing it, the only thing keeping you from being richer than Trump is your starting point rather than your business savvy.

Nobody said it was by accident, but if you think he couldn't gotten anywhere near his current wealth without having a wealthy father and upbringing then you're incredibly delusional, plain and simple. Otherwise you'd have to claim his business savvy is somehow inherent.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Count Freebasie posted:

Oh, poo poo. Trump getting called out on the McCain comment.

Guy asked him to clarify and he didn't even do that? :confused:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Eh, even his classmates that hated him said he did real well with the debate circuit ladies

The same roommate who said they had girls down the hall coming and asking him to keep Cruz away from them?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

rakovsky maybe posted:

If Christie just reached out and strangled the Donald on live TV no jury would convict.

Even if they did, he would get pardoned.

Karl Sharks fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 15, 2016

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Has this been posted before?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Al! posted:

Consider Priebus

Okay this is a bit far back, but this has been bothering me; I feel like it's a reference to something that's on the tip of my brain and it's driving me nuts.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Narciss posted:

When the Kock Brothers, Fox News, George Soros, Slate, Jezebel, Glenn Beck, the Establishment wing of both parties, SJWs, etc. are all trying to Stump the Trump, you might need to re-evaluate your views on the man.

"Sir, I would highly recommend you not ingest a bowl of cyanide, it will literally kill you."

"That's what the other 12 doctors, 3 hospitals and the WHO said, what are you hiding"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Saurus posted:

It must be wonderful to live in a world where the political establishment, media, government and billionaires only have your best interests at heart and following their commands results in the best outcome every time.

Okay yeah it was early, choice of doctors was dumb. My point was that just because everyone you hate/distrust says something is bad doesn't make it good.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Jewel Repetition posted:

I still think Trump's best possible VP pick would be Oprah.

Regardless of who is the eventual VP, no one can ever beat Diamond Joe.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

shiksa posted:

Its like being the backup quarterback for America. 90% of the time it's the best job imaginable.

Biden is all about his trickle down banging.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Shipon posted:

to be fair to trump re: index funds. parking a million bucks in index funds and watching them grow is the most sniveling cop out way to make money. at least trump did something to earn that money even if he managed it poorly

Well, that's the point; literally anyone could do that and if it came even close to making the same amount of money as actively making investments, then how awful must you be at business to not handedly beat an index fund?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

William Bear posted:

For those who don't know, this has been literally true many times. For much of the 80s, Trump spoke to the media as "John Barron" or sometimes "John Miller".

http://www.vice.com/read/remembering-john-barron-donald-trumps-spokesman-alter-ego-116

"Yes, this is John Miller. I'm sorry I have to keep my remarks brief, Mr. Trump needs my help fending off all these women who want to gently caress him."

lmao so he named his son after an alter ego he used? :laffo:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Having cops patrol Muslim neighborhoods sounds like a good idea actually. They should look into building robots - really tall ones, like maybe 20 ft tall - that can identify Muslims, any Muslim really, who cares, and lasso them cowboy style. The robots should have red eyes and talk in a robot voice.

You mean a Trumpbot? Speaking in the Dear Leader's glorious booming voice?

Just make sure the hands are the right size, not too large, like slightly smaller than a large sized robot hand, but a good size still.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Better Dead Than Ted

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Ideally I'd like to see the robots painted purple and pink with gold highlights and constantly yell "Stop, Muslim!".

What about "Halt, Moslem" or Mohammadman?

Do your heart and best intentions tell you he did not say that, but the facts and evidence say otherwise?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

Because in accordance to In Hanafi madthab, it's cheaper to just drop massive payloads of live eels on them.

What the gently caress how do these rules even come to exist?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

The Jews have very similar rules. Like popcorn shrimp would also qualify. Boom, you been de-Allah'd.

paranoid randroid posted:

gotta establish an in-group somehow. might as well be through byzantine rules about what you can and cant eat

Yes, but the specific thing he's referring to I Googled and got this:

quote:

According to Imam Ahmed Ibn Hanbal (RA) And Imam Shafi (RA) all living creatures that live in the sea are halal whether they are in the form of fish or not. Imam Malik (RA) has said that all living creatures are halal except for a eel. Based on this oyster, shrimp, lobsters and crabs will be permissible to consume. (Hidayah p.442 v.4 & Al Lubab p.533 v.7)

Every seafood is okay, just not eel. I get food rules and whatnot, but how did it come down to just eels being a no-go?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

It is widely considered so because the eel has no scales.

That just raises more questions, to be honest.

But looks like thread has dovetailed into eelchat, my bad dudes. You may resume your regular shitposting.

Shifty Pony posted:

"Now James, I know you didn't mean to run with the wrong pack. We both know that deep down you are a Good Boy. But my partner Furb... She doesn't believe me about you James, and she has the ear of the Chief. Can't you just throw me a bone to change her mind? Otherwise... Well just look at her.."

7 LEGS NO MERCY

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Three Olives posted:

What is with the right thinking they are obligated to choose between Trump and Cruz, they know both are terrible, they know both are setting them up for a landslide loss, you don't have to chose between them, just can just say I'm sitting this one out.

Well, they need to worry about downticket races though. Can't just say "Nah, we'll wait for the next one."

Bernice Anders posted:

drat speaker of the house got owned by this retarded forums poster

And you just owned him, by the transitive property you owned Ryan. Wow, I'm impressed.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Enhanced negotiation techniques?

Enhanced election techniques?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Skynet is sassy as gently caress.

/pol/ corrupted her

all hail tay

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

tay should be destroyed

https://twitter.com/TayandYou/status/712809051201998848

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

mike12345 posted:

Saw this today, and it kind of fits, but not related to primaries (instead about Guardian's treatment of Wikileaks) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJValv4YQcY&t=75s

So is the poo poo he said legit? I have no idea who the guy is, but god drat.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

No Mans Land posted:

So you are justifying the shrill media site's incessant attempts to paint him with a label that has no relation to his actual actions, by saying its the perception that matters. Great. Is that what "reality has a liberal bias" means? Blanketing the landscape of facts with a specific agenda is its own kind of truth? Another word for that is propaganda.

Did you not see the video posted several times in this thread about actual Trump quotes about women?

Is this some sort of cheat? Like if I'm nice to any black people I interact with I can go to KKK rallies wearing my white hood with pride and not be a racist?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

No Mans Land posted:

I judge someone far more on their actions than their words and so I don't see a reason to think Trump thinks less of women professionally. In fact once he said that one good woman in the office is better than 10 men, although on average they are less effective than men he also said.

This is certainly not a sexist thing to say, nope. Even if it was, it's just words, right?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

There are things women as a whole are not as good at doing as men are and it is objectively okay to acknowledge this.

Please enlighten us on what things these would be in the office. I'm curious.

No Mans Land posted:

Women on average work fewer hours in the office than men, this is a fact. This plays into lower effectiveness. Still havent entered the realm of sexism. If you still think thats sexism then I guess life is very hard for you.

Plenty of countries work less than us and are more productive. Studies have shown that increased hours worked does not produce a 1:1 increase in productivity, and at a certain point it is the opposite.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

when i see cowshit, I see money

is that why you post so much?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fix posted:

Ted Cruz would gently caress a rat, but not if that rat was Donald Cruz.

Oh Jesus. Kill me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Fix posted:

Hahaha, welp.

Could you imagine Ted's slimey loving face with Trump's overly expression face? Just sliding and jiggling all over the place?

• Locked thread