Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Jon's assassination would have been more palatable if Allister wasn't in on it, and he turned out to be a begrudging, crusty mother fucker who still took his vows very seriously and was legit upset at the death of his lord commander, no matter what differences they had.

I was hoping that this was going to happen going into the last season. I don't think Alliser was part of the mutiny in the books, Jon had assigned him to run one of the other watch castles by then. I really don't think it fit his character, or at least, wasn't written in a way that fit his character. Jon had shown him a great deal of respect after being made Lord Commander, and he seemed like the type that would uphold his vows over all, especially if he felt his skills were being put to good use.

I think the gist of it was supposed to be "Look how deep the hatred between these two groups goes, even the best of the Night's Watch would rather die than work with the wildlings", but they didn't do a good job, either in the book or the show, of making it feel like a real Israel/Palestine situation. Aside from the real weirdos like the cannibals or the Lord of Bones, the wildlings didn't seem THAT different from Westerosi, and neither medium did a very good job of playing up the irreconcilable differences between them or focusing on the massacres that have gone on over the years to make the Night's Watch so suicidally unwilling to work together. And honestly, I don't know it would even be plausible when faced with a threat like the White Walkers -- I tend to think even the Middle East might show some unity if they were under direct attack by an army of IRL zombies led by Ice Aliens.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Dec 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Pedro De Heredia posted:

The problem with having him actually warm up to Jon Snow's ideas in any way and trying to stop his death is that you are loudly telling the audience 'Jon Snow's decision was 100% the correct one. Even this biased rear end in a top hat can see it!'

But Jon's decision was the 100% correct one, at least in dealing with the wildlings and white walkers. Every reader can already see that as clear as day (living humans > ice aliens and zombies) and it gets to the point of frustration that the ordinary Night's Watch doesn't seem to care. I think showing some acceptance from Aliser, or at least SOMEONE not directly in Jon's circle, would have helped it seem more plausible.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

Jon & other NW members actually saw it happening. There is no way the NW could not know about it.

I'm talking about all the pushback and bad feelings, both in the book and in the show, from Jon letting the Wildlings settle the north, which was certainly the driving force behind the mutiny. I think it would have been much stronger if Alliser or some of the other Watchmen supported Jon's plan and showed it some grudging acceptance. It was frustrating to me that, aside from Sam and a few of Jon's buddies, the Night Watch seemed so hostile to the idea of allying with the Wildlings. Even before Hardhome, there were plenty of Watchmen to tell the tale of the zombie army at the Fist of the First Men. It seems implausible that basically none of them could see the wisdom in working with the wildlings against a foe like that, and Alliser would have been a good example of crusty and set-in-his-ways, but still smart and practical enough to listen to reason.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Plus, he's what, late-sixties? What would happen if his next blog post was along the lines of "I'm an old man, I was really invested in this series twenty years ago but I just can't make myself care about it anymore, and I'm not going to waste my last years being pressured to work myself to death on something I hate. The end of the story will have to live in your imaginations.

Wild Cards #16 will be out this summer!"

Would the internet explode?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

They're good books though.

They are good, but meandering. I had the same issue with Wizard and Glass when I read through it, for anyone else who's read The Dark Tower series. I really enjoyed the two books on re-reads, but they're interesting sidestories that flesh out the characters and world, but don't move the actual plot forward very much. Wizard and Glass was especially bad for this, because 75% of the book was literally a flashback story, and the main group is literally sitting around a campfire listening to it. The first time through, I loving hated them both, because I kept wanting more of the main plot and couldn't give a poo poo about Shagwell the evil clown or whatever.

Unfortunately, whereas I've read the entire Dark Tower series and can enjoy Wizard and Glass for what it is -- fairly important backstory, and an interesting story in and of itself -- the ASoIaF series still isn't loving done, so as of right now it just looks like Gurm losing the thread and getting bogged down in garbage like Shagwell and Penny the dwarf.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Beeez posted:

I figured he was going to be Septon Meribald and he was just speaking in the sense that by meeting him the characters and viewers will get to see Sandor again. Since Sansa is likely to be with Brienne when she meets the Hound, I guess there's going to be some resolution of their weird fondness for each other.

I think this is much more likely. Why would they cast another guy to play the Hound? Is the premise that, if you hit Rory McCann hard enough, he'd probably end up looking like Ian McShane?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

What? Who ever said Ian McShane would be playing The Hound?

It was 3am and I had been working/travelling since 5am the previous day. :( In my defense, I hadn't actually watched the interview, and thought Ian McShane had said that he would be playing an ex-warrior turned peacenik who the audiences thought was already dead.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Okay, get this. Jon Snow stays dead. The Watch and the Wildlings fight eachother, the people further South play their idiot kingmaker game for a while, until the White Walkers breach the Wall and murder everyone, and ice slowly takes over Westeros. The White Walkers throw the last of the human casualties, including Davos, into a pit, and we slowly watch snow and ice fill the pit until it's just another flat expanse of snow, and our view lingers here for a few moments. Then the camera shakes as the giant foot of an AT-AT walker comes smashing down on our patch of ground. The camera pulls back to reveal a legion of stormtroopers, walking in step across the snowy plain. The Rebel base on Hoth is no longer a secret, and Darth Vader has brought the might of the Imperial Army to wipe them out.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Armyman25 posted:

Why are people using spoiler tags in the spoiler thread?

I don't care one way or the other, but for the first five years, the "spoiler" thread was really the "I read the books" thread, so we could discuss stuff in the context of the whole series. This is the first time that there are actual spoilers that bookreaders aren't going to know about in advance, so using spoiler tags is just being considerate to the bookreaders here who may not want to know about the new season, which might be getting into unexplored territory.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If I were on the opposing army and saw that Ramsey had flayed Roose I wouldn't be intimidated, I'd be relieved that the finest military commander in the North is now leading his army.

FTFY

Ramsay Bolton and his Good Men are our only real hope against the White Walkers.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Tyrion's in Meereen.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Pedro De Heredia posted:

A character's decisions in a narrative should probably make sense without having to comb random bits of dialogue to find out that the character had a secret plot to do something which we will never actually find out was true or not and which didn't actually affect the story in any meaningful way.

I agree that a character's decisions should usually make sense without scrabbling for random dialogue and subtle clues, but only if they affect the plot in some way. Given that it didn't matter whether or not Oberyn poisoned Tywin before he died, it doesn't really matter if you missed his hidden agenda, and you might never even suspect you missed anything unless you read internet forums. I actually think little hidden plots like this just add to the believability of the world - not everything a character does is relevant.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Pedro De Heredia posted:

I would argue that if it doesn't matter if Oberyn poisoned Tywin before he died , and it doesn't matter if you missed his hidden agenda, then his hidden agenda does not actually exist in any meaningful way.

You're kind of missing the purpose here. It's just a neat bit of non-essential world-building encased in a little puzzle hidden in the writing. It doesn't end up mattering to the plot, but it adds a little something to Oberyn's character to those that work it out or hear about it on the forums, and it provides a nice answer to the minor question of why Tywin's corpse might be putrefying. It makes the world feel a little more realistic to have these details, too, because everything doesn't always end up being meaningful or fully explained in real life, either. If you miss it, then you miss a minor detail of a minor character unimportant to the main plot, but it certainly exists.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That kind of seems the opposite what you would do if you wanted a big strong fighting force.

They touch on this in the books: the Unsullied do tend to be shorter and less muscular than a similar Westerosi soldier, but the strictness of their training and discipline is what makes them so feared. Castration might make them smaller, but it stops them from having normal lives which could distract them from being single-minded killing machines.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So just in case you were under any illusion to the contrary it is confirmed that Dorne WILL be in Episode 1.

gently caress

I hope we get to see the bad pussy.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I haven't read the last 15 pages since this thread has been moving so fast, but a question I've had since last week's episode: What were the Kingsguard going to do if they'd beaten Ned's crew, or Ned never showed up in the first place? Was the plan to just keep Lyanna trapped in the tower until her natural death? They knew their king had been killed, along with the prince who told them to guard Lyanna, so...? Ned was asking a very reasonable question, wanting to see his sister. With their king dead, were they just going to keep Lyanna away from Ned indefinitely? What would happen if Lyanna herself asked to see her family? Or asked to go on vacation to King's Landing or something? From all interpretations, they considered her their princess, or at least the prince's beloved consort, not anyone they were trying to imprison or punish.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Hey everybody shut the gently caress up and watch the Mountain play with his tiny dog.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFZLzxLALuv/

That's actually a Great Dane he's playing with. It just looks small next to him.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

hanales posted:

I wonder if her abbreviated storyline was caused by Star Wars filming conflicts.

That would be hilarious, actually. Yet another GoT actor that gets a part in a huge epic blockbuster trilogy movie and neglects their obligations to GoT, and she never even gets her face on screen either. I'm sorta surprised Emilia Clarke didn't get forced to wear a full-face burkha in that Terminator movie she starred in.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Mike N Eich posted:

I kinda enjoy the new Daario now, I can actually see a 19 year old go ga-ga over him and he was sufficiently smarmy to Jorah on their hunt.

The old Daario looked like something from the cover of a trashy romance novel, which is its own type of appropriate.

See, I thought exactly the opposite, which was echoed several times over in the thread when he was introduced. The old Daario DID look like something from a trashy romance novel, which was true to the books, and I thought he seemed like the sort of dangerous/pretty boy Twilight character that a 16-year old (18? 20, by now?) girl would get weak in the knees over.

By comparison, new Daario just looks the same as any other bearded Westerosi sellsword. I mean, sure, he's good looking, but that's true of just about anyone on the show. It doesn't seem like there's anything really striking or unique about him that would make the Dragon Queen distinguish him from any of the other bearded sellswords around her.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Assuming that the drowned priest is truly "Aeron Greyjoy brother to Balon and Euron" just because someone decided to name him Aeron in the scripts and closed captions is a bit far fetched, If he was related to them the show would have made a reference to it, at the moment he's just "Drowned Priest Guy".

Actually, I assumed that the Drowned priest in those scenes was just a subtle nod to book readers. No, this character isn't important and we don't have time to go into all the backstory necessary to introduce Aeron Damphair, but that priest is obviously supposed to be him, and they don't name him or do anything to show that it's a different unrelated priest, so you can just assume that he's Damphair if you read the books, and if you haven't, he's just a nameless Ironborn priest presiding over the king's ceremony that isn't important enough to need a backstory.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Surrounding Dany are characters who either revere her as a deity (The unsullied and the other freed slaves, Jorah, etc) or dudes who are quite unambiguously evil (Daario).

I don't know that Daario is literally evil, though, at least no more than any other sellsword. He seems as loyal to Dany as a random college-age boyfriend might be, and if you ignore the fact that he kills people for a living, which isn't out of the ordinary in their society, he seems like a pretty level headed guy, maybe a bit sleazier and more arrogant than most, but not EVIL.

Granted, I'm talking mostly about show Daario here - I don't remember the book version being much different, but its been a while. I do recall book Daario angrily presenting the court with the severed head of one of their enemies when he was upset that Dany was marrying Harzoo, but again, in their society, that seems more like angry lovesick college kid than real world serial killer.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

I just didn't remember the oldtown stuff at all besides a prologue that I mostly ignored. A sand snake being there is really surprising, same with the others you mentioned

Yeah, it was in the prologue chapter with Pate the dumb acolyte - when he mentions meeting some of the other acolytes at the tavern, he mentions Alleras the Sphinx, who is a small, slight-featured young man who has been kicking rear end at all the maester stuff. Then, in Dorne, Arianne mentions how her sister Sarella had been gone from Dorne for some time, and should be left to her "game". It's the sort of thing that might just be a coincidence in real life, but had to have been put there deliberately by the gurm, and almost certainly means Sarella's "game" is posing as a man in order to learn the secrets of the maesters.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

Yeah, he is brave and stubborn man who feel guilty about not being able to save his family so of course he is going to commit suicide instead of taking the chance to help his niece and then come back to recover his home with her help

You are right, that does makes sense

Now I have to resist the urge to frame a Dave Hill story "Wouldn't it make sense if, instead of escaping and joining his niece to fight against her oppressors, he instead decided to commit suicide by Lannister for no good reason?"

"You are right, that does make sense."

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Would it be remotely possible for her to run around like that a couple of days later?

And actually the real dumb part is that the Waif, a trained assassin and highly competent fighter, sneaks up on a completely unaware Arya and opts to stab her in the lower abdomen like a doofus. It was all downhill from that point.

Well, that was because she hated Arya and wanted her in pain -- Jaqen specifically told her not to let Arya suffer. I imagine that was some piece of the reason Jaqen let the Waif's death replace Arya's.

But the annoying thing is that it would have been so easy to do that scene without complaining from the audience. Just have her struggle a little and have the Waif get her with a few good slashes before she kicks off into the water. I can certainly accept a TV protagonist bouncing back from that after a day or two of bed rest, and you get the exact same "Arya hosed up and almost dies" beat that they were going for (for whatever idiot reason). I just don't understand why they needed to explicitly show her getting stabbed in the guts. Sure, maybe adrenaline could get her through the next action scene, but afterwards she's dying because she literally has poo poo leaking into her body cavity, and no peasant actress is going to be stitching that up.

I can't imagine it didn't occur to them. I'm picturing the same guy who does all the gory wound makeup coming in that day and thinking "Aw man, they're killing off Arya?"

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

I mean, he's average looking for TV, where almost everyone is a 9+ by default. Even Brienne isn't ugly ugly like she is in the books.

I always thought he looked like an evil Elijah Wood, like Frodo felt the corruption of the One Ring and said "Hey, I could really get used to this!"

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Especially since Osha has had so many memorable scenes. poo poo, I think the last time we even saw her was in S3(?) when she took Rickon away so Bran could go on adventures. And even back then, I doubt many non-readers knew her as anyone besides "that one wildling chick who works for the Starks and took her shirt off that one time. Wasn't she on Harry Potter or the Hobbit or something?"

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Risky posted:

That pissed me off too. Where was his giant bow? Why didn't he just hulk stomp on fuckers.

I was hoping to see the giant bow, too. It strikes me that, in an age of catapults and trebuchets, a giant armed with that enormous bow and ballista-sized arrows would make an amazing mobile artillery unit. I didn't think he should be leading the charge like he did, because he seems so comparatively vulnerable to enemy arrows and spears.

I also think you guys are simplifying how easy it would be for even a giant to break through a shield wall like that. Those spears aren't stuck pointing forward, and the whole point of a wall like that is for your neighbors to reinforce you. They even showed a few of Wun Wun's attempts -- he reached over the wall and grabbed a couple of the spearmen, but the ones around his victims jabbed him with their 10-foot spears, and he makes a huge target when he's right next to you. He might have killed quite a few, but there were several rows of spearmen in the phalanx, and if he stayed close enough to grab them, he'd be exposing himself to the spears of everyone he wasn't mauling. Heck, even if he hadn't forgotten to bring his club, I don't know that a good swing into the shieldwall wouldn't have just been answered by the next rank of spearmen stabbing him in the guts.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

God, I have to say it was really cathartic to have him killed off like that. I hated his character, not so much by his actions (cruel as they were) but rather due to his infuriatingly God-mode-esque habit of waltzing through hostile political climates with a stiff smile.

No ill will to the actor, of course. He did his part just fine.

Oh god, yes. I think it was even better than Joffrey's death. Joffrey choked to death with everyone just kinda screaming and wondering what to do, and with both the actual perpetrators and Joffrey's victims offscreen, but Ramsay actually got beat the gently caress down by Jon Snow the protagonist, and Sansa the victim got to deliver a gently caress you speech and give him a more gruesome death than Joffrey got. It was way more satisfying to see the main characters actively get it done.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Lycus posted:

Right up until this episode, I was expecting Wyman to show up at Winterfell in the beginning and turn his coat during the battle. I figured there was a reason why they repeatedly said "Manderly" this season.

There was a reason. It was because gently caress you.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

an skeleton posted:

drat. Maybe it's just the shock of #brexit upon my gentle soul right now, but I feel like Stannis killing Renley with the shadow baby is one of the more hosed up things anyone has done on this show.

I think it was worse when the Mountain smashed Oberyn's head in. Or when he was having all the peasants tortured to death by putting a bucket of rats against their chest and then lighting a fire to make the rats burrow into their bodies.

Or when Ramsay pretended he was helping Theon escape, only to lead him in a circle right back to his cell. Or when he sent in two naked girls to get Theon aroused and then cut off his cock, and then happily waved around his breakfast sausages the next day.

Or when Tyrion sent those two whores to Joffrey, only to have him force one to torture the other, then used one of them as target practice for his new crossbow.

Or when the slavers crucified like 50 slaves and left their hands pointing Dany toward their city, and then Dany got back at them by crucifying a whole bunch more people when she got there.

Or...

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Ambivalent posted:

Yeah, I'm skeptical of any sort of twist or reveal at this point, but it does seem weird that there's just some stammering grunt who comes up to Jaime all 'UH, LORD, THE BLACKFISH HAS DIED IN BATTLE' and then Frey is like 'so i guess the blackfish died to some common footsoldiers' and jaime is like 'i guess so.' And I really adore Clive Russell so it'd be cool if he survived but it's hard to see where or why there would have been a fake out at this point. And with only 12 episodes left, do we have time for a yarn about Blackfish joining the Brotherhood or something

Yeah, that seemed odd to me too - I thought the stammering grunt was odd last episode, and I have no idea why they'd feel the need to bring up the Blackfish's death again in this episode if there's nothing more to his story. They also called him a legendary swordsman this episode and commented on how surprising it was for him to die to common footsoldiers, when one of his last lines before his death was "I was never that good with a sword." But like you said, they're going full steam ahead into the last 12 episodes, and I don't know where or why they'd want to jam in another story arc for the Blackfish.

After this episode in particular, I am pretty much ambivalent to the rest of the books coming out, or even to the last two seasons of the show. I've seen it said before, but after this season, it's pretty apparent why Gurm has such a hard time writing out this last book. The producers are happy to look at the plot points he's outlined for them (Dany leaves Meereen, Bran becomes the Three Eyed Raven, Jon kills Ramsay and becomes King, etc.) and just pump out scenes showing them happening, whereas Gurm has been torturing himself trying to find organic ways for all these things to happen without ruining the characters he's built or having people react non-sensibly.

But now, we know all the plot points too, and the series looks poised to wrap up in a rather predictable fashion -- Dany comes and seizes power, treats with Jon Snow, and kills the White Walkers with her dragons. Sure, there are a bunch of details that we don't really know, but the broad strokes are already there, and now there really isn't anything else for the books to cover that we haven't already seen. At this point I could give a poo poo about Winds of Winter -- I genuinely doubt it will go any further in the plot than this season did, and other than painting a better picture of how our characters might hit their plot points, there's no reason for me to be interested. Hell, at this point I could give a poo poo about A Dream of Spring -- there could be some swerves in the way that no one's guessed, but there only seems to be one real ending possible given the White Walkers and the dragons.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Asehujiko posted:

Why does Lancel chase the boy outside the church? Wasn't he sent to collect Cersei? Also, what was the point of luring Lancel towards the bomb to begin with? Is the idea that if people start removing rubble from the crater, they'll find Lancel's body, with a torch, at ground zero and assume he's the one that blew up the church? I feel like I missed something here.

I don't think there was any plan to lure Lancel anywhere. Lancel saw one of the Little Birds and it looked suspicious - the streets were empty except for people affiliated with the trial, so why was this little urchin kid running around? The kid probably led him into the crypts because he figured he could lose Lancel in there. He does, and then he sneaks behind Lancel and stabs him in the back, but couldn't bring himself to slit his throat and figured that Lancel would die of the stab wound anyway, so he buggers off. The rest of it, with Lancel pulling himself far enough to see the wildfire bomb, was just a TV conceit so that we could see what was happening through his eyes, and so that there wasn't just a giant, unexplained explosion and then Cersei standing front of a mirror monologuing to herself "It looks like my plan to blow up the Sept worked. I'm so glad I planted all that wildfire last night and put some really slow-burning candles in it. Wildfire is the green goop that my brother, Tyrion, used to blow up Stannis Baratheon's fleet back in the huge expensive battle we had three years ago."

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

He's apparently named Aeron in the script, but is for all intents and purposes just a generic priest of the Drowned God as far as season 6 is concerned. It might get expanded on if Euron is actually going to be a major villain in season 7.

Euron did not participate in any ceremony in the books, and Aeron's official reason for opposing him is his godlessness.

E: LoL resurrection and Wight zombifications are the only ways that people have been raised from the dead. Drogo and the Mountain were dying from poison, but I don't think they actually died before they came back as zombies, and the Night's King was definitely alive when the Children turned him into Ice Dad.

Drogo wasn't turned into a zombie, though -- I thought it was pretty clearly brain damage, like you'd get from a really bad stroke or terrible fever. He was essentially a vegetable, but not dead in the slightest.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

hemophilia posted:

:psyduck: at nobody being able to figure out the baby thing.

It's not that hard. They set up the time-traveling aspect of the show a few episodes ago with Bran and Hodor. Obviously, at some point in the future, Jon will end up going back in time somehow and have sex with Lyanna to produce that baby.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Maybe the next plot point was that she goes to the Twins to kill Walder Frey, so gently caress it, here's a boat and off you go.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Ashcans posted:

^^^: I am disappointed there is no confirmation of it though, because while JarJar would still be dumb there at least might be a reason for him being there.

I'm at work and can't watch it right now, but I've seen the theory and evidence before, and I really wish that's what they ended up going with.There's a lot of compelling stuff there - I agreed that, without further context, we would probably think that someone doing that huge leap into a double backflip into the water was a Jedi.

Really though, I think it was just Lucas writing a slapstick character and throwing in "goofy" stuff like Jar Jar accidentally shooting all those troopers with a gun stuck to his foot to try to make kids laugh. He is too much of a hack to have written something that subtle.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Uh how?

I assumed it was her in there, and someone ITT suggests it wasn't

Even if it wasn't it doesn't really matter, no one goes "Psh JEJ only did Vader's voice acting, he's not REALLY in Star Wars."

It was a joke, the gist of which was that it seemed like a total waste to cast "Game of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie!" as Captain Phasma and then give her four lines, five minutes of screentime, and zero face time. The Vader comparison isn't really relevant -- JEJ's voice absolutely sold the character, but can you even remember a single one of Phasma's lines? Would you have even suspected it was her if you hadn't read the casting news? She had about as noticeable a role as Daniel Craig did.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Lycus posted:

Of course, that's just TV and complaining about that would be silly. Like "All these people on this CW show are beautiful, that's so unrealistic!"

In this case, though, it's a major shift in the way the character is presented. You don't have to cast an actual ugly person, but he could have been a big cursing rear end in a top hat like King Robert or the Greatjon, and given his bastard status, other nobles would have never considered working with him. Show Ramsey, at least until he starts skinning things, is very smooth and charismatic, and you could almost see him taking Roose's place when all's said and done.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

I want to know how it ends immediately. The sooner, the better.

I would be willing to just have a drunk and hyperactive buddy describe the rest of the series to me, if he made, like, crazy flapping motions when the dragons show up and screamed BOOOOOSSSH when something blows up with wildfire and stuff. Probably be at least as fun as the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Holy poo poo, there is going to be an 8th season? I remember them announcing that 7 is going to be the last one and that it's going to be short. I even remember discussing how glad everyone is that it's finally over. :wtc: Was there always going to be an 8th season? Is this a Berenstein type parallel reality situation?

Season 7 was always going to be the last season, they just gave it a couple extra episodes and broke it up into two parts because of reasons. Breaking Bad did the same thing - whether you want to call it one long season or two short seasons is up to you, but I think that's how the episodes will be numbered.

• Locked thread