Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hardcordion posted:

How exactly do you switch a sleeping person's pajamas without waking them?

kids can sleep really heavily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

quote:

I'm a high school senior. I'm what you would call a mischievous student. I bought a magnet. It's a pretty big magnet. Pretty cool looking magnet. Pretty loving strong magnet. I brought said magnet to school. I showed all my friends. Wed a little "Test Your Strength" booth that the security guards took part in. Point was to take it off a locker. Fun stuff. I had the magnet in my hand. I should've had it in the cardboard protective wrap. I walked into English Class and went straight to my teacher's desk to ask a question. I forgot I was holding said magnet. Said magnet jumps out of my hand and attaches to the drawer. All metal in the drawer jumped to where the magnet was stuck. There were CDs in the drawer. The stuff that flew must've scratched and cracked some CDs. CDs were unreadable. I was laughing too hard to take it off the desk. The substitute teacher was too weak to pry it off. He called maintenance to remove the magnet. Then security to remove me. I now have a Saturday School Detention and am facing a suspension for "destruction of property." I feel bad so I'll replace the CDs.

TL;DR: Don't bring a magnet to school.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

magnets dont gently caress up cds.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jerry Cotton posted:

loving magnets, how do they HNNNNNNNNNGHH-----------

they don't gently caress up cds

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thats actually pretty funny.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Len posted:

Also slightly racist

Maybe they are tallying his snorts and 'actually's.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I saw that on reddit and half the comments were fulminating about child abuse.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

that's completely plausible fyi, good clear 5yo thinking

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

In the drama classroom

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

This probably appeared in a previous iteration of this thread, but it just popped up in my life again, so I am sharing with all of you (again).

I think that's from an old Douglas Adams book.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

lol, same, what are the odds

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Haifisch posted:

It took me a couple reads to figure out what was even supposed to be happening there.

In retrospect I shouldn't have read it the first time.

that sounds made up, as in meta stdh. it's stdhtdh.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Haifisch posted:

Pfft, like practicality matters to people fantasizing about chasing away the scary criminal man.

oh massah pleez don beat these bones with yo batt less (shows whites of eyes and cowers racistly)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Verisimilidude posted:

changing my wifi to ALL CUPS ARE BUTTHOLES post-haste

renaming your wifi to I CAN HEAR YOU loving LIKE HORNY REPTILES is a great way of dealing with noisy neighbours fyi

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I tried to read it but my thumb kept scrolling and wouldn’t let me

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

cash crab posted:

My number one writing pet peeve is people who are ostensibly allergic to the word "said". If your ability to describe a situation is decent, then you don't need to expand on the fact that your character "snarled" something. If you try and act a scene (and this is a scene as much as it is a fantasy validating her non-fatness) out loud by actually doing the actions your characters are using, guess what? Every single person looks loving bonkers.

I will also never recover from "guzzled".

said bookisms.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

is that obviously ridiculous?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

verbal enema posted:

Where is the title of the thread's story at

it's in ur heart bro look in there you will see I speak truth

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nth Doctor posted:

I have a colleague who was forcibly corrected to write with his right hand back in grade school in the 70’s, and as a result, holds his pen in an unusual grip. What's weirder, though, is he uses his left hand on his computer mouse!

I'm a lefty but this throws me for a complete loop every time. His mouse buttons are also swapped.

Mousing left hand is a really good way to prevent OOS. it's no good for gaming but fine for work once you're used to it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

BioEnchanted posted:

On the homegrown STDH I liked that one guy who claimed that his job had had no actual things to do for years due to other jobs absorbing them (or he was absorbing unused titles, something like that) so he's just sit around at work with nothing to do.

Thats actually kind of plausible, if you allow for a little exaggeration. A few years back I had a full time professional job where i did 2-4 hours of actual work per week.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That elevator one is just so stupid. In reality I guarantee he just sheepishly said "ok..." and sulked down the stairs while imagining how badass it would be if he got his incredibly petty revenge.

L'esprit d'ascenseur.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sweet jesus

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sinburger posted:

Dildo MacGyver

user_names_that_should_happen.txt

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Jerry Cotton posted:

Shakespeare's texts aren't in English though, for any reasonable definition of English. A native speaker of English can't reliably read Shakespeare without help, for any reasonable definition of read.

Yes they are, you buffoon

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

stdh.txt: I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Time to lie.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kids say random poo poo like that all the time.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I love hell dimension it's everything I dreamed about as a child

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

It's a joke.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

uvar posted:

Ah, so that's why I've been getting a bunch of dumb Starbucks name joke tweets lately. Always strange when you miss out on the reference, but glad I didn't bother going looking for it.

I gave my name as dumb starbucks name joke and no-one bothered shouting it out! Result, try it!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

Has there ever been a "my kid said X" tweet that really happened?

Most of them seem plausible to me bc kids say insane random poo poo all the time

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

This thread often has a fairly shaky idea of what sort of poo poo kids do and don't say, weirdly adult and/or bizarre statements happen all the time

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I love the neopets food items:

Slum floss
Left soup
Fancy stink
Boron cheese core
Bloody sandwich
Hollow cone
Meta pizza
Chicken sought
Sparklogg
Flosh cake
Potato day merry sandwich
Bam steak people cake
Spicy tea shaped and chocolate fount scorf long

Want me some meta pizza.

Wasn't there a Harry Potter chapter that was curated autocorrect results or something?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Smh if you don't use colon get in colon irl

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bike tory posted:

I buy the breastfeeding bit tbh, especially if it's a really young baby you don't just pop them off and put them down.

Picturing them bouncing up and down on the nipple like a chubby, bemused remora

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

people in this thread have no idea how weird kids actually are lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CordlessPen posted:

Also, and I know this is a minor point, but I find it hard to believe that someone who signs letters in a somewhat official capacity would do it by hand with a blue ballpoint pen.

Lol wat

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Aleph Null posted:

I'd fill the gently caress out of that form, though.

Sir, I would like a blankey at this time, sir.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

oldpainless posted:

Giving someone an antique cello for doing some juggling seems like a bad trade on their part.

A decent antique cello is like $15,000, old ones generally cost a lot more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Once when I was 6, me and my brother snuck into an empty building through a basement window. We were going to play doctor. He showed me his, but when it got to be my turn I chickened and ran.

Another memory I have is a spider outside my window. Orange body, green legs. I watched her build a web all summer, then one day there's a big egg in it. The egg hatched, and a hundred baby spiders came out, and ate her.

Memories are weird :shrug:

What do you remember about your mother