Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
A small majority of the small amount that actually voted. Lets not act like its one half of the total population against the other.

I feel the leavers were more motivated. Should have been a mandatory vote but I don't know if that's legal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Whorelord posted:

lmao welsh nationalists are adorable

Do go on.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
No you've misunderstood. We haven't done anything but the Tory party of the UK has.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

The fucks bisto

gently caress knows what you'd call it. You don't even know what biscuits are.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

I’d like some more clarify from Labour on what their plan is if they’re successful in preventing this deal going through because if it’s this deal or no deal then I’d rather they voted it through, but if there’s a plausible way of preventing Brexit by voting it down then that’s ok.

Well the EU themselves now appear to be adding to the confusion. They are saying this is the only option now but next week they'll be hinting that calling brexit off would be totally ok with them *thumbs up*. I have no idea if we can cancel brexit before March and I doubt the fuckwits in Parliament do either.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

it's going to own when the hard brexiteers blame whatever difficulties occur as a result of soft brexit on not brexitting hard enough

I have a feeling most brexiteers won't actually make the connection between their life getting even shittier and brexit. Country is falling apart before brexit has even happened but it couldn't possibly be because they keep voting for the tories.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-uk-to-build-own-satellite-system-after-may-rules-out-using-eus-galileo-project-11568204

I find the idea that we’re going to build our own GPS alternative quite thrilling and I’m surprised the EU is being so short sighted as to freeze the UK out of the one currently in development.

It’s the first time I’ve thought of the EU as being less than pragmatic during this process.

Yeah it's really cool that we're going to waste millions when the continent right next us has a system already in place. One that we did a lot of the work on.

I guess it's worth it for the 100 or so STEM jobs it creates? (It's not worth it).

twoday posted:

I read that hose don't work apparently, because the debris damages all the other satellites in the same orbital field, so you need a laser or something

That just means they work really well.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Hentai Jihadist posted:

this is genuinely the way im consoling myself

narratively, suicide by ignorance, racism and self-importance is a perfect end to the UK

Yeah I tried this and then realised that it didn't outweigh the fact I have to live here. Place can sink if I ever escape but not before.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Norton the First posted:

So 200 out of 650 MPs have confidence in the prime minister. Strong and stable!

You do know this was just the Tories voting right?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Fallen Hamprince posted:

corbyn is a lifelong euroskeptic who is absolutely dying for an excuse to leave the neoliberal project and stop the dirty foreigns from taking Our Precious Coal Jobs

It's more about nationalisation than "foreigns". I obviously don't agree that nationalisation is worth all this poo poo or i'd be a lexiter.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

Hi, US goon here.

We will eat you.

Crack your bones and suck out the marrow.

For real.

Yeah you keep saying this. The people doing the brexit know this. They are colluding.

Yes we should be rioting. But we don't. Much the same way as Americans should be rioting every day they don't have health care. But they don't.

poo poo's hosed.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 04:58 on Dec 17, 2018

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

twoday posted:

They are really not that tasty

But springtime and summer are in fact good for foraging, if you live near a hedgerow you'll be fine

I’m surrounded by countryside but I’m really lazy and won’t survive and I’m kinda mad at the government for doing this tbh. If this is some kind of trick to make me do things then it won’t work and they should stop.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Elevator Screamer posted:

Just keep pushing ahead with no-deal Brexit and Northern Ireland will vote itself back into Ireland.

Never thought I'd wish I lived in Northern Ireland.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Venom Snake posted:

the U.K. fucks up so bad that the irish seize control of all of the british isles and cause a famine in england

Don’t say this I’m having a panny

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Fallen Hamprince posted:

jeremy was doing the normal thing british people do to morn victims of an air strike, which is to hold a wreath 15 meters away from the memorial and directly in front of the grave of the guy in charge of cutting israeli shot-putters' nuts off. you must not understand English irony

Is this a bit?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

Ireland is going to put the UK under its boot, and i am n ever going to stop laughing

This but Ireland is climate change and the UK is all of humanity.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

SimonCat posted:

So, I've only been vaguely following Brexit. Were there any laws in particular that the British found so onerous that they had to leave the EU?

The real kneejerking began late 90's/early 2000's with refugees of the Balkan wars and then Polish immigration. When that got boring the papers started going on about EU banning bendy bananas and back then even non-gammon people used it as a talking point (about silly bureaucracy). A rogue press, Tory government and Iraq/Afganistan/Libya wars and corresponding refugees drove the gammons into a mad-dog state. The Tories then acted surprised when the mad-dogs bit them.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 20:15 on Dec 23, 2018

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

Remember when the Tories let one of the few remaining steel plants go bust instead of saving it

In one of the poorest regions of the country as well. Which is why they let it go bust I guess. More houses to buy up and pad out those portfolios.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
edit: misread

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Gosh.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mackers posted:

I wasn't expecting an honest "who gives a gently caress" answer to the millions and millions of murders, rapes and slaves your plague of a people have caused.

But gosh.

I hope you end up a refugee.

Sorry.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

It's me, the guy nursing the wounds of the saxon invasions of the 600s AD, keeping the fires of hate alive. The normal man

I think he meant me. Not that guy having a normal one. I assume that guy is and American "leftist" because he is very angry at the wrong people.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

“perfidious Albion” is a thing for a reason

While the UK is poo poo it’s cute that you think this was for any other reason than France and England being historical rivals who would gently caress up each other’s plans just for the sake of it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I don't think anywhere is particularly Trans friendly.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Gaukler posted:

It would be sort of poetic justice for the UK to end up as a US holding though

*thinks really hard*

No?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Willie Tomg posted:

the US, india, and china rock-paper-scissors for who gets the swamp rejects

These weird revenge fan-fictions are all well and good but lol if you think there is going to be anything resembling order in which these countries will be able to do anything with our hosed up little Island. It's more likely no one ever hears from us again because we all go back to living in caves.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Sorry i mean the irish are going to poison our potatoes and sell us the antidote lol can you imagine? So ironic. I love it.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

people like to get well hype about the uks coming dissolution but capital is nationless and none of the people who make decisions will be feeling any pain

Americans are the dumbest people. All the elites will actually benefit from brexit and move away to spread their evil while Mason Lanyard III, American leftist extraordinaire, proclaims mission complete. Their evil isn't defined by borders. It isn't stopped by them either.

I'm getting into this now. I'm going to plan to survive in the future UK wasteland and i'm going to ritualistically murder any Americans I find. Aidworkers, journalists, disaster tourists... all will feel the blade.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Poll posters suck poo poo. It's not an election. What the gently caress does that lovely poll matter? It'll say something else next week. That's how they work.

Did you have respect for Corbyn in the polls where Labour were a point ahead?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

What is so bad about t-May’s deal anyway? If the hard core brexiteers dont like it, isn’t that a good thing?

It means the country has to wait two years before being destroyed by US interests rather than immediately.

They don't want to wait and the rest of us don't really want the slow walk towards your lovely unregulated food.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Oh gently caress christ

All the emergency funds will go to emergency firms set up one month ago and run very badly by Tories and their bezzie mates. There will be inquiries as money vanishes and people die. Strong reccomendations. No consequences.

No Tory will see any blame for brexit once the dust settles. Corbyns plan to avoid the blame is insanely naive and pretty stupid. Within 3 years all the media and 70 percent of the public blame corbyn for brexit like labour and the GFC.

No brexiteer will realise theyr wrong

The narrative will immediately switch to being stabbed in the back by elitist eucrats and scheming subhuman migrants

/prophecy ends

It's cool that on the right and left the main reason to hate Corbyn is their own fan-fiction.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

It looks like Corbyn is courting electoral catastrophe if he backs the brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/05/brexit-corbyn-electoral-catastrophe-yougov-poll

Article is written around a dumb yougov poll. Let’s ignore that. Ok yes it will be bad for Corbyn if he doesn’t resist Brexit. I agree. But this article doesn’t seem to give a gently caress that the whole reason this is such a mess is that plenty of Labour voters voted leave.

If Corbyn had supported remaining when all these dickheads wanted him to it would have been disasterous. It would have united the Tories and the press could have ran day to day ‘traitor Corbyn’ front pages. Instead they had to make up some anti-semitism stuff.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Glenn Quebec posted:

:eyepop: @ all this never thought I'd see one in the wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE8CJwXSPRs

Do you think this is a probrexit post or something?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Surprise Giraffe posted:

The closer Brexit get, the more obvious the garbage Lexiteers get. Labour's really got to split to get away from them at this point.

Omfg this loving thread

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Surprise Giraffe posted:

If cancelling brexit is too unpopular to be feasible there's no point Labour winning a GE until after Brexit. Winning a GE and Lexiting would leave Labour in power while the disaster unfolds, and we'd end up too busy fighting fires to implement the positive changes we want to see all the while absorbing the blame for the Tory's bad idea.

Oh so it's not just a cunning ploy by evil Corbyn and his band of lexiteers now? It's a real thing you have to think about? gently caress me the world is moving fast but for you it must be incomprehensible.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm just a jackoff yank who mostly shitposts for laffs, but I don't see how there'll be an opportunity for a political realignment before the deadline.

From an outside perspective I think the most likely outcome will look a lot like the 2008 bailout package here in the US: May's deal gets rejected with much chest thumping and talk of Blitz Spirit or whatever the gently caress and then the markets take a massive poo poo and the deal passes on a second panic vote.

No Deal is still the comedy option, but it's way, way more likely than I ever thought it would be. And that's frankly pretty frightening.

Why would it pass on the second vote? If there's a panic its more likely its used to finally make her gently caress off even if it involves them threatening to murder her in a closed office somewhere. This idea that May is in a strong position with her weird hostage plan is dumb. She's dumb and holds no power.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DeadButDelicious posted:

Ho boy we're hosed.

Did you think May's deal was the good path or something? Or was it a general observation because yeah we are.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
I'm really getting the impression that some people itt think that this result has somehow made things worse. Lmao.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Again no, the people that hosed Ireland and India died happy and rich and got away with it. I mean the fact their failsons are now going to suffer might be some kind of revenge but lmao?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Victory Position posted:

is the water fluoridated?

Yes and our sort of working national health care would have detected an epidemic of thyroid disorders.