Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Mortimer posted:

Yeah but that means you have to deal with non-GOON nc players

Every choice has a consequence

It's honestly not bad aside from Wisdomcube/Stew360. GOON gets along and works fine with BL, TAS, VCO. Though the Watterson boys don't talk much on command chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Gonkish posted:

Didn't they say that the Phoenix's range was due to technical issues, and if it were further you'd have to have a load screen after you stopped controlling it?

That's proven bullshit. Just fire a phoenix off the back of a moving flash and you'll see it there.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
TROSS has a better sound effect. Like some sort of weird VS sounding thing that also kills things in 3 hits.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Epic High Five posted:

I still find myself having trouble mustering up any concern about alerts, though now I'm not sure if it's alert fatigue or if it's just that my #1 prerogative of "find good fights; stay at good fights" being met means that alerts just do not even register, especially since lately they're just the same kind of mega hellzerging you got during WDS 2.0

Either way, I'll get you in. I think I'm going to be leading more TR nights in an effort to force some people to step up and lead in GOON so that it's not the same 3-4 people doing it 90% of the time. It's suuuuuuper easy to do guyz

edit -
v v v well some of us just want to zone out and space farm and space follow yellow space arrows sometimes :dukedog: v v v

double edit - also the TR most certainly count as space broke. I think I'm going to lead more TR nights just because I so very much enjoy the gaga reactions people have using all the TR's ridiculous poo poo

I think Murphey, myself, and you are all exhausted of leading most of the time. It's not hard to lead. You find a decent fight, tell the platoon to go kill some butts, and yell at command chat (mostly just wisdomcube) incessantly. So easy.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

vigorous sodomy posted:

Just curious is all.

Look. The top two outfits of the TR on Emerald are GOKU and NNG alt character outfits.

How abso-loving-lutely sad is that?

Hm, didn't realize GOON had gotten so high. We weren't that high last time I checked but neato.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Rookersh posted:

So what's the new go to for Medic guns? I remember back when I played last year the general school of thought was in long range engagements the Medic should be healing not shooting, so stuff like the Carnage/Mauler was king. That still hold up?

Also I'm almost at Medic Gun r6/Regen Field 5/Revive Grenades again after a few hours of playing. They changed certs quite a bit, didn't they.

They released the TROSS and the TORQ for the NC and TR respectively. Both of these guns are absolutely absurd for longer range combat. 200 damage medics, the fun never stops.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

vigorous sodomy posted:

Would that I could. I'm BR 64 with a lot of TR guns Auraxed. I'm totally certed out and I love the guns. NC guns are clunky, boxy and lovely. Anytime I play an NC character and aim down sights it's like Cloverfield with all the camera shake.

How are you so wrong?

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Moxieclock1 posted:

There are a few good outfits left on TR but they are all miniscule at this point and not enough bodies to win anything, If I could I'd transfer over to VS in a heartbeat but as it stands I'll probably just stop playing like a lot of TR.

Just start over in NC or VS. Both of our goon outfits are great and will get your back through BR 50 in no time at all. Much better than smashing your head against the rock wall of racism that is TR.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Nakar posted:

While I don't disagree with your points, the SABR does have certain tradeoffs in order to get its insane upsides. Forced burst-fire mode is one of those, and it can actually throw your aim off worse than recoil does depending on mouse sensitivity and how hard you click your mouse (some people have rough, aggressive clicks that can move their mouse pretty hard, which is easier to work into the flow of an automatic burst than a consistent clicking fest). The DPM is also "only" at NC levels, perish the thought, so you can squeeze almost an extra kill out of the Cycler. The SABR is also loving expensive (unless you were Alpha Squad or something, wasn't the SABR the AS weapon for TR Medic?) while the Cycler is loving free.

The SABR is absolutely retarded and broken and will never be nerfed because the TR are stupid (or stupid like foxes and constantly whining to deflect nerf attention from their good poo poo). No denying it. Same thing is true of the TORQ. But how do you top being superior at everything for free? It's the same deal with the Mercenary; sure, there are some real great NC carbines, but the Mercenary is about as good as them at whatever they do best plus better than them at what they don't do well and above-average in every category besides.

It's basically an A- weapon in every category while the SABR is an A+ weapon in a bunch of places but a B to B+ in others. Any weapon that's a B at worst is probably a little broken (see also: Cyclone, MCG, Pulsar C), but drat if it isn't amazing to have your worst be even better than a lot of things' best. Did I mention this gun is a default yet?

Hey, the NC get several great carbines. The GD-7F and the AC-X11 are both monsters at what they do. Even if they both have trade offs in order to do so.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Nakar posted:

Tross though man. gently caress people who hate that sound, it's godlike and whenever I hear it I'm like "poo poo, some rear end in a top hat around here brought a Tross."

The TROSS has the strangest sound. It's not bad, but goddamn is it weird compared to just about everything else in the NC arsenal. And I can't figure out a decent way to describe the sound. It's not like the Brrrrrrrrrrrrt sound of a MCG or the unholy racket of a Gauss SAW.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Lassitude posted:

PREY exemplifies the first part of that. I guess other outfits do it, but I am constantly seeing trios of PREY reavers hovering on the periphery of fights, too high up to do any real damage to with ground-to-air stuff, ganking the poo poo out of any ESF that comes by. I always thought that the game would benefit if ESFs could focus on dogfighting and didn't have to worry about AA unless they tried to shoot stuff on the ground themselves, but man, those guys just ganking the poo poo out of everything in the air with impunity must be frustrating to deal with as a mediocre pilot.

Much like ground, individual skill is made much more meaningless when you have more people doing it. It doesn't how good of a pilot you are in an ESF if you are jumped by 5 enemy fighters. One tank with a skilled crew can do a lot of damage, but it sure as hell can't fight several times its number even with an expert crew. The rules apply to infantry and vehicles, people are finally figuring out that you can do the same with air. gently caress the sky gods. Meet the swarm.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

RiffRoff posted:

Can confirm. Started playing this weekend. Took out aircraft maybe 3 times, instantly shot down by.. I don't even know. Never touching air again.

Pull your air en-masse. Of course you're useless out on your own. ESFs have overnight, become pointless if you're by yourself. Join the swarm. GOON had a massive air swarm on Sunday night and as we were going, stray pubbie reavers decided that we looked like we knew what we were doing and decided to join in!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Scags posted:

Are there any guns for the NC that are similar to the mini chain gun? I just loaded up a Terran character to test it out in VR, and this is the gun of my dreams. I love the whole 'no cof bloom' thing it has going on. I just don't want to play TR.
Well, we've got the EM6 and when taken with Ex-mags the thing is the closest we get to a bullet hose in the NC.

vigorous sodomy posted:

I gunned Snuggles' battle gal for an hour durin an alert this four day weekend and made ~33k SPH. ALL OF YOU ARE LIARS. Nobody makes thousands of loving certs.
Then you had a bad run. I was running nearly 60k SPH in my own gal while jumping into Murphey's and Sir Charles' when it got shot down.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Jiro Kage posted:

I keep HOPING that it functions as a speedy dropship, like a helicopter. With some ground support. The problem is I don't have any drat ideas on how to solve it, since I don'y fly ESF's to being with. I've actually been saving certs for it, which is probably stupid, but the possibility that it might function well in a CAS/dropship role excites me, although I recognize the fact that is probably a longshot.

In reality I feel it will probably have paper thin armor and be an utter deathtrap. It will go through the over-under tune cycle for a while, before settling into a harasser of the skies - fun and useful in a select few cases, otherwise it's not much of an asset.
Assuming you can use the side seats like rumble seats on the flash or harasser, the plan from both outfits seems to be put heavies on the rumble seats with phoenix's lancers and laugh because armor simply can't fight back against something like that. With the new functionality of the ammo packs from the engineers, both heavies could be eternally resupplied too. It could be a nightmare to deal with. Espeically for VS/TR because they no longer have air supremacy over the NC anymore on Emerald (thank you PREY/QRY for making air gods miserable).

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Epic High Five posted:

^ ^ ^ accuracy while on the move is easy to imagine if you're guiding something by camera :smugdog: ^ ^ ^

A2G support? Oh lord I hope they get things like smoke and EMP rockets

Exactly, camera guided rockets don't care if you're on the move while flying. And it takes away one of the crucial weaknesses of the phoenix because you're mobile when firing from a rumble seat. Alternatively, maybe we could put heavies with G2A rockets on their and just go hunting enemy air?

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Don't give the NC a Messerschmidt. Give us the THUNDERJUG.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Epic High Five posted:

I'd be down for this but to assume the Pony would be a TR vehicle and not an NC one is insane. The TR should get the Thunderbolt (8 0.50's = dakka) if anything, and the NC the P39 Airacobra (37mm nose gun UHHH YEAH)

Better idea, give us the Yak-9k. 45mm cannon in the nose. THAT is an NC gun.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

BadLlama posted:

I would of thought NC pubbies would have learned that the SAW is one of the best LMGs in the entire game by now. Do they really still think it sucks?

There's a few, isolated NC pubbies who think the SAW is bad. But for the most part, the GOD SAW has earned its reputation by now amongst the faction.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Vernii posted:

I have a TK rate of almost 31%. :stare:

I shouldn't be allowed to have guns at this point.

Mother of god. Jesus christ Vernii, STOP SHOOTING EVERYONE.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Dear Higby,

Please release the cowboy hat for the NC as soon as possible. Higby's Heroes alone has 40-50 people buying it. We need that hat.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

biglads posted:

What's the recommendation for the best gun for an NC Engineer? I have the Gauss Compact S but the UBGL doesn't print certs as well as it used to so I'm looking for an alternative.

As someone who has auraxed the Gauss Compact S after the UBGL nerf, it's still a good gun. You just don't use it for incessant UBGL spamming. It has an absurdly accurate 3 round burst mode and with 167 damage if you can get headshots you'll basically cause anyone you're shooting at to crumple.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Super.Jesus posted:

That's pretty much Charge.

When ZOE got nerfed I maxed charge and realized it was always better in the first place.

Uh, it wasn't better when ZOE was introduced. You are smoking the nanites something fierce.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Horizontal Tree posted:

Uhh, considering that NC gets the best SMG in the entire game and it puts most carbines to shame... reevaluate your life. Then buy the Cyclone. Then seek therapy for all of the broken promises the carbines gave you.

Maybe he's just used to the AC-X11? Get above someone and three bullets to the head and they're dead. I wish we had more guns with the 200 damage profile. Then I'd have another LMG/Carbine to use after I finish auraxing them.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Ra-amun posted:

with an amazing 4 KPH and an average of playing eight hours a day, he gets as much kills as a ok player gets in a one hour session.

How is that even possible? I spend the majority of my time as an engineer and a medic and not even shooting poeple while averaging 17 kills an hour. I consider myself bad at this game because I am just barely about to break 1 KDR while playing since last year (I used to be really, really bad). But how does he even manage to be that piss poor at a game?

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Fart Car '97 posted:

Also you guys weren't kidding about the Cyclone being a really loving good gun :stare:

SEE? We actually know what we're talking about when we say things are really loving good guns. It's just that goons are awful at deciding what makes a really bad gun sometimes (No, the lasher is not a bad gun).

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Zsinjeh posted:

As far as I know they are dead, or became a sort of gaming group that plays other stuff too (check their steam group). Most euro goons playing Planetside today can be found in GOKU, we roll with a couple of Scandinavians and other subhuman euro-trash. Usually at least a squad full, as well with some night-shift US. With the new server merge, playing at 8-9 PM on GMT is pretty much a primetime on Emerald now.

Can't speak for GOON, though I don't think they're as active in regards to Euro-specific playtimes and people.

Even though I am now employed and no longer play Planetside 2 at absurd hours anymore, I have been told by others in GOON that there are 1-2 squads early in the morning most days of GOON members.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

hemale in pain posted:

I don't get where these outfits find enough members they can field a couple of squads at 11am euro time on an american server.

Probably because they're European players.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Fans posted:

I always miss my lockdown Burster when NC or VS, it's not just the DPS boost that makes it so good it's the extra velocity speed that lets you hit far off air so much easier. A rank 5 lockdown Burster just feels beastly.

It's a pretty fun solo tank hunter. Get Stealth and try sneak up behind tank columns, hammering shots into their butts and then running off at speeds they can't match! Like a Solo Harasser.

Well you could, but then we'd have to get out of our vanguards, Fans. We both know that that particular thing just isn't going to happen.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
You can get free lumifiber on your vangaurd. I already have it to the last level. I MUST FINISH THIS. I will not leave the comfy confines of my box shaped home for the next several days as I never leave Indar and grind pubbies beneath my treads.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Spent the entire night fighting against VS since the TR refused to give the NC a fight on Hossin. VS pulled so many goddamn vehicles, what a cert bonanza.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

hailthefish posted:

The meta right now (and since release, really) seems to encourage 50/25/25 pop spreads on three continents with the fourth one locked.

I honestly hope that Higby and SOE make sure that the 4th continent can't get capped this weekend. There was already a queue to get to any of the 3 continents tonight on a Tuesday. If we have to worry about weekend pop numbers no one will be able to log on for prime time.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Synnr posted:

Hard to tell so far, really. On emerald there are a ton of vehicles pulled (by tr and nc atleast), and the system lets people like AOD pull an endless stream of armor to lance. Not sure why NC seemed to have so much air, but eh. A sunderer whenever you want one is pretty sweet though! Definitely saw a lot more vs sunderers when it got late and my little squad was hanging around bases longer than usual, especially when I requested them in orders.

My biggest worry is hitting one of those fights that come up sometimes where you end up spamming AV grenades and c4 or something and run out of nanites, but it isnt so bad right now. Maybe they need to mess with the vehicle costs though.

NC was pulling a lot of air BEFORE the resource changes. Now it just means they're not on a cool down. And every faction (though not perhaps GOKU) is pulling way more vehicles than they used to. It's nice actually having resources even with a small amount of territory.

Also, if you run out of nanites spamming AV grenades, then perhaps you should stop throwing so many?

Gaghskull fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Aug 6, 2014

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
In the NC, our colors don't run. Or go side to side. We plant our feet and make our homes there. 200 damage death spitting homes.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Pomp posted:

On one hand, near infinite resources and the ability to pull all the poo poo you want is objectively bad for the game.

On the other hand, near infinite tanks means near infinite lancer nest certs. :getin:

Not being able to leave your warp gate because you have zero resources is also bad for the game. At least pulling poo poo is fun.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Nakar posted:

This is every goon's reaction to TR and yet you fucks keep insisting on maining VS/NC.

Because only the NC have 200 damage tier infantry weapons. These colors don't run, or walk, or move really (freedom means freedom to eat too many freedom fries).

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
NC would be Blue Oyster Cult. Hard rock, with utterly unique songs no matter which way you throw. Including a couple of songs that no one cares for (Just like the C85 canister).

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

A Tartan Tory posted:

On a battle rifle and a ghost maybe, but they generally trend to 4x even then.

3.4 dot scopes are the goddamn worst.

On the other hand, 3.4 crosshair scopes (at least for the NC) are goddamn amazing. I put them on just about everything AC-X11, TROSS, SAW, GD-22S. The only guns I don't put it on in the NC arsenal are the jackhammer which takes a 6X scope and the Cyclone which uses 1X red dot.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

A Tartan Tory posted:

It's a shotgun!

Hey man, when SOE decided that NC's faction gimmick was loving shotguns everywhere. We just roll with it.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Pand posted:

Nah, it just isn't op against air anymore. Afaik its AI potential was untouched.

Being OP against other air was all the air hammer had going for it. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Fart Car '97 posted:

I was considering buying a helmet but they almost all look universally awful on the female NC player model :shrug:

Get the bandana. You can join Sir Charles and I in looking swag as hell.

• Locked thread