Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

orange juche posted:

Want citizenship in the US? Sure! Just sign on the line, go through some rediculously difficult indoctrination and training, where we also take your visas away from you so you can't run away, and then go slog through the worst shitholes in the world for 10 years.

Isn't this basically like joining the Marines, but with added paperwork loss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

CMD598 posted:

The Marines will be VTOLing off short carriers with them because the Harriers literally fell into the ocean, because single-engine powered-lift is loving stupid.

:colbert:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

krispykremessuck posted:

There's a lot of reasons that ORP won't end up going as badly as some other programs, but it has plenty of room to be hosed up, and is kind of already heading that way.

Did the Marines ask for a version that can launch LCACs SSCs instead of Trident IIs?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

holocaust bloopers posted:

The inner ADIZ is what matters. Breaking the outer ADIZ provokes an interception. Penetrating the inner one is weapons free type poo poo.

For those who don't know, an ADIZ is an air defense identification zone. The inner one is set at 12 miles off the coast, if I remember correctly.

We get to hear ADIZ violation advisory calls over guard all the time. Even when you can tell its some 110lb 19 year old girl, the phrase "Aircraft squawking 1200, position, direction of flight, at altitude, this is the US Air Force, squawk discrete code and contact the FAA immediately" never ceases to send a chill down your spine.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Dead Reckoning posted:

For $1000, we'll add the four or five letter swear word, drug reference, or ethnic slur of your choice to the call sign list.

We were asked at work to submit new names for fixes, as they're redesigning the airspace in south Florida.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to spell blumpkin with only five letters.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Guys, if Russia nukes Ukraine...

...Will the internet still work? I need to know.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Derek Dominoe posted:

The leaders Europe needs

The leaders it deserves

:sherman:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Waroduce posted:

Dont put your dick in crazy

Re:nukes

Why is Miami seemingly always painted as a target? There's nothing of strategic importance down here....just like the port of miami I guess?

Tampa I get bc of Mcdill and JSOC

Port of Miami (PortMiami is a loving stupid name; gently caress the Dade county commissioners,) Homestead ARB (there's some guard or reserve F-16s there, but more to the point, the facilities are there to base MUCH more,) Turkey Point nuclear power station, USSOUTHCOM HQ is in Doral (just west of Miami proper,) and the NAP of the Americas, just as a starting list.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

A small observation, regarding the current uproar about Iran:

An executive agreement, which is what I would imagine will result from the current talks with Iran, is NOT legally binding, and a future administration breaking it would be a simple political gesture.

An actual treaty, which would be legally binding, requires a two-thirds vote of the Senate for ratification.

That doesn't remove the stain of members of the legislature attempting to influence executive foreign relations, however. It was dirty when Teddy Kennedy did it with the Soviets, and it's dirty now.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Stultus Maximus posted:

Diamond Joe responded to that by mentioning a big list of major foreign policy items which were executive only actions.

The list of constitutional violations of this administration, and every other back to the turn of the last century is rather long. That doesn't make them right.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mr. Nice! posted:

Australia's rates are less than 10% of the US. Something that could be helped with legislation that 95% of America believes should be in place but never will be due to NRA lobbying.

95% of Americans can't agree on what color the loving sky is, let alone gun control. You're delusional if you really think gun control is that popular.

This is a loving dumb derail.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Fister Roboto posted:

Sometimes I confuse the names of Ted Cruz and Terry Crews so when people talk about him running for president I get a little shred of hope.

T. Crews 2016

One step closer to Idiocracy

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

psydude posted:

So the emerging story is that the owner of the SUV picked up two cross-dressers and took them to a motel for a hot, wig-filled night of debauchery. When he woke up the next morning, they had gone and had stolen his SUV. Apparently they took the wrong exit off of 295 and went in the back gate of Meade to the NSA, freaked out because the vehicle was hot and they had drugs, and somehow figured that ramming a federal police vehicle at a high-security facility in the post-9/11 era was a better move than just playing it cool.

So, basically, White Chicks 2?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I will be contacting your Commanding Officer.

To recommend him for a commendation of some sort, I assume.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

MA-Horus posted:

I kind of feel like Curtis LeMay and Ghengis Khan would get along really well for some reason. They kind of had the same mindset, make war as horrible as possible for your opponent and they won't want be physically able to fight you.

For LeMay, at least, this is far more accurate.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Waroduce posted:

China would throw a party

...On Okinawa, most likely.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

If Mexicans and blacks ever show up in large numbers, you mean. Oklahoma is the worst. I left OK to live in loving Utah, for fucks sake.

I spent four and a half months in OKC. I cannot even begin to imagine being stationed at Tinker.

gently caress. That. poo poo.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Sir Lucius posted:

Oh cool, Baltimore is destroying itself? I think I'll avoid going there ever.

EDIT: lolol, the announcer just said "The Baltimore Police Intelligent Unit."

:v:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

There's a couple guys right outside the CVS that's being looted that are setting up a roadblock...

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Spicy Guacamole posted:

What kind of bizarro math are you doing where babysitting someone for the rest of their life is cheaper than getting rid of them entirely? I've said it before: I can take care of your executions for about fifty cents a pop.

Dude, I can hook you up with some of that Brown Bear Russian ammo, and you can get it done for half that, or less.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Navy allowed a film crew on board a P-8 that went looking at China's newest ploy to claim the entire western half of the Pacific.

I wonder if the resemblance of the workstations to Dangerous Waters is intentional or not...

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2015/06/18/us-submarine-hunter-grabs-spotlight-at-paris-air-show.html

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Lockout-tagout is a thing for a reason.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Ah, the infamous "gently caress that entire infantry brigade and anyone near them" loadout.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Two Finger posted:

If they start building war rigs with flaming guitars it would probably improve their image tbh

Not to mention their marketing potential.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Waroduce posted:

US air strike in E Afghanistan have killed 7 afghan soldiers

Well, that's a change of pace.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Whip Slagcheek posted:

$15/hr still doesn't afford rent in NYC :laugh:

It does almost guarantee that a bunch of them get replaced with automated ordering/payment kiosks, though. :v:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

go3 posted:

cover fat people with strike anywhere matches and drop them out of planes

Make sure they can be dropped out of hovering planes, so the Marines will buy some.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's a coordinated push between anti-abortion zealots, right wing media, and the GOP to get abortion and defunding Planned Parenthood into the 2016 conversation in a major way. They're going to drag this poo poo out for the next few years.

Sounds like yet another loving spectacular way to lose an election. They should totally bring up gay marriage while they're at it, maybe

It's like the democrats beating their foreheads bloody on gun control. It brings out passion, but only from single-issue people who were going to vote for you anyway. Everyone else moves a bit farther away from you at the dinner party, and starts looking nervously at their watch.

Also, I was hoping that this thread would be a bastion of not-giving-a-poo poo-about-that-loving-lion, but no, I was let down. :(

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

VikingSkull posted:

I dunno, CNN is incredulous that the debris traveled that far from the search area

What are the Australians not telling us?!?!

I'm incredulous that CNN is still taken seriously as a professional news organization.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mr. Nice! posted:

Fresh tomatoes are fantastic. Slice one up and eat it.

gently caress slicing it. Eat that motherfucker like an apple. The tomato juice is good for your beard.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

Agreed, but mainly it's frowned upon because firing guns in most cities is bad because bullets go places and hit things like people, even when you point up.

Especially when you point up.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

shyduck posted:

sexual jihad

I've never wanted a name change before this moment.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Genocide Tendency posted:

Film was Mad Max.

Not an active shooter, just a dedicated fan.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I can't take a protester seriously when they're wearing a Fallout Boy shirt.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ActusRhesus posted:

The DNC is really good at pretending to give a poo poo about minorities, making GBS threads all over minorities who don't buy into it, and then not actually doing anything for minorities.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mr. Nice! posted:

The secret to tinder success: have a good picture of your face where you don't look like a creep...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Mr. Nice! posted:

...and have pictures of dogs.

Oh, ok, I guess I could do that.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Godholio posted:

I've been waiting for something more reliable to come out of this. So far it's just a couple of guys that hired a law firm to claim it. It's still not even clear if the drat thing actually existed or if it was dreamed up by locals.

Pictures of such a thing would be absolutely fascinating for a multitude of reasons, but I'm not holding my breath.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

So, somewhere, in the darkest bowels of some alphabet agency (who am I kidding, it's probably duplicated at several,) there's some guy who gets paid to read forums and look for threats to national security?

Where the gently caress do I sign up?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Sir Lucius posted:

Gay Satan would send us to war against Russia, and it would own

Don't worry, so will President Trump.

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012